ILIO has announced Vienna MIR Pro 24, a special version of Vienna MIR PRO with a maximum of 24 instruments and ensembles that can be placed on its virtual stages. Apart from this limitation, Vienna MIR PRO 24 includes the full set of features and options of Vienna MIR PRO, at half the price.
Vienna MIR PRO 24 is a network-capable mixing solution for Mac and PC, based on Multi Impulse Response convolution. Its direct connection with Vienna Ensemble PRO 5 allows for a seamless integration with any audio production environment. Each audio signal can be routed into Vienna MIR PRO 24 and delivered in stereo, or in various surround formats on up to 8 output channels after processing.
Vienna MIR PRO 24 merges all parts of the creative process – composition, orchestration and mixing – into a single intuitive workflow. The software offers a holistic approach to the spatial modeling of virtual orchestras, allowing the user to interact with the players more like a conductor than an engineer. Its innovative multi-parameter Control Icon replaces conventional faders and pan pots and offers concise control for positioning each instrument on the virtual stage, changing its volume and stereo width, and even rotating it within a fluid three-dimensional environment.
Vienna MIR PRO 24 combines specific directional frequency profiles with reflection information from every instrument, assembling all of the acoustic interactions into an accurate recreation of musicians playing their instruments in place and in space. Vienna MIR PRO 24 is much more than just “a multi-sample” of a hall – and this is where it far surpasses any other convolution reverb available on the market. Vienna MIR PRO 24 is multi-source, multi-directional, multi-positional, and multi-format.
Vienna MIR PRO 24 comes with 11,000 impulse responses from four halls in the famous Vienna Konzerthaus, plus its grand foyer. Further RoomPacks offering recording studios, sound stages (e.g., Teldex Berlin), and churches are available as optional downloads.
Vienna MIR Pro 24 integration with Vienna Ensemble Pro 5
Vienna MIR PRO 24 features
- Direct integration with most modern DAWs via Vienna Ensemble PRO 5.
- LAN capability.
- Graphical user interface depicting 3D renderings of the selected room (venue maps) with scroll wheel zooming.
- GUI options such as Instrument Grouping, Hide Icon, Instrument Focus.
- Intuitive multi-parameter Control Icon for quick interaction with instruments and visual feedback – and direct access to the connected audio source.
- Microphone Position Offset allowing for movement of virtual microphones in the room.
- Room EQ and Master EQ.
- Pre-listening feature before selecting a room.
- Character Presets (such as ‘Air’, ‘Silk’, ‘Bite’, ‘Distant’, ‘Warm’) for quick timbral changes, available for most Vienna Instruments.
- Reverb length can be changed individually for each microphone position.
- MIRacle plug-in – Direct access to a tailor-made algorithmic global reverb for “sweetening”.
- Adjustable Room Tone (natural noise floor).
- Automation of user-defined parameters.
- MIDI remote control of user-defined parameters.
- 3rd Party VSTi hosting.
- Audio inputs.
- Direct and/or stem outputs.
- AUX sends for individual instruments and input signals.
- Works with any commonly used sampling frequency, up to 192 kHz.
- Learn All/Optimize All for Vienna Instruments.
- Master Tune for Vienna Instruments.
- Full latency compensation.
- Windows 7/Mac OS X compatible.
Purchase Vienna MIR PRO 24 at ILIO and receive a discount of 20% on purchases of the optional Vienna MIR RoomPacks, only through April 30, 2012.
More information: Vienna PRO 24