Image-Line has announced the release of an alpha preview version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio customers you can now download the FL Studio 12 ALPHA-PREVIEW to give us feedback about the extensive workflow changes.
What’s this for?
We are looking for feedback about some of the major changes in workflow that have been made so far. Please try it out and let us know what you think of how it works. We’re not really looking for bug reports, at this time.
Changes in FL Studio 12 (alpha preview)
- Browser – The Browser has changed (now with category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click).
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu has moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper.
- Interface – Vectorial user interface. See Options > General Settings > GUI display.
- Per Channel Swing – The Channel Settings now has a ‘swing multiplier’ amount.
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now we deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll.
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Stepsequences are now interchangable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation has changed.
The alpha preview version (currently only 32-bit) is available to download to registered Image-Line users.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12 alpha preview
Image-Line has updated its Remote controller app to version 1.2.
IL Remote is available FREE for Android and iOS tablets or phones. It’s a user-configurable virtual MIDI controller application for FL Studio and Deckadance.
Just open FL Studio 11.1 or Deckadance 2.3 on your computer, enable Image-Line Remote on the MIDI settings and then open IL Remote on up to 15 Android and or iOS devices. The connection is made automatically over a Wi-Fi network.
Changes in IL Remote v1.2
- New “trackpad” pad mode – Use ILRemote as a virtual trackpad to control your computer’s mouse (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “shortcut” pad mode – Send any keyboard shortcut to FL Studio and Deckadance (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “breath” controller – Control a parameter using the device’s microphone, Edit Mode > Layout Menu > Layout Settings.
- Containers – Controls can now be dragged in and out of containers.
- Fonts – New font size setting for control labels.
- Power management – Added a battery level indicator.
- Custom scale editor – Has been moved to the layout settings, and is now usable with both the keyboard and the harmonic grid.
- MIDI – Channel selection for accelerometers.
- Mixer – Improved scrolling. Tap and drag to select the track range more precisely.
- Fixed – Returning to the home screen even if “cancel” was pressed.
- Piano – New piano roll shortcuts presets.
- Bugs n stuff – Various fixes and improvements.
The app is a free download.
More information: Image-Line / Remote
Image-Line has announced version 2.3 of its Deckadance DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Deckadance 2.30 adds support for Image-Line Remote so you can now control Deckadance & FL Studio from any Android (phone or tablet) and iOS (iPod touch, iPhone or iPad) device.
You can even use any combination of up to 15 devices at once! Why not invite your friends over for a group DJ session :)
Changes in Deckadance v2.3
- Image-Line Remote Support – Controller support from up to 15 Android and iOS devices.
- New Smart Panels – EQ, Gain & Filter, Volume, Mix & Isolator, FX and Grossbeat.
- Fixes bugs – Reported from Deckadance version 2.2.
- Added MIDI script commands – PLAY_X, PHASE_SYNC_X, BEAT_ID_X, STANDALONE and TRACK_POSITION_X.
- Support for ESI soundcards.
- Fixed – Issues with soundcard samplerates >= 99.6 KHz.
- Fixed – Synchronization problem with the Leap function in Snap mode.
- Added – Automatic switching of MIDI ports between standard MIDI page and Scripts page..
Deckadance 2 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $79 USD / $149 USD (DVS support). New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on orders of $89 USD or above at the Image-Line online store.
More information: Image-Line / Deckadance
Image-Line has released version 11.1 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
FL Studio 11.1 includes support for the FREE and hugely popular Image-Line Remote Android and iOS MIDI remote controller application and a new FREE synthesizer MiniSynth, that also works as a crossover synth with FL Studio Mobile. We think we have the free thing covered :)
Changes in FL Studio v11.1
- Most plugins updated (bugfixes).
- Image-Line Remote for Android (Google Play) and iOS (iTunes Apps) updated.
- MiniSynth free synth is included.
- FL Studio Mobile import updated.
- Launchpad support updated.
- DirectWave import support updated.
- Bugfixes as reported since the last version, FL Studio 11.0.5.
FL Studio 11.1 is free for existing customers under the Lifetime Free Update policy. New Image-Line customers can purchase FL Studio with a 10% discount here.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Mar 18, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a contest in collaboration with Novation, giving away 10 bundles of the Launchpad S and FL Studio Producer Edition.
We’re teaming up with our friends at Novation to give away TEN bundles of a Launchpad S and FL Studio Producer Edition (or IL VCash equivalent to be used in the Image-Line shop if you already own FL Studio). Don’t forget FL Studio also includes Lifetime Free Updates.
To enter the contest you need to name one track used in the performance above. The contest ends March 28th, 2014, at 16:00 GMT.
More information: FL Studio / Launchpad S contest
Image-Line has announced a second beta of Minihost Modular, a free modular plugin host for Windows and Mac.
This beta includes improvements and fixes based on user feedback so far. We thank the beta-testers for their enthusiastic response to Minihost Modular.
Minihost Modular is a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose. As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities. As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment. Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The new beta installers for Windows & OS X are available to download for registered Image-Line users (registration is free).
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular Beta 2
Image-Line has released version 1.1 of its IL Remote, a free user-configurable virtual MIDI controller application for FL Studio, Deckadance 2 and plugins.
Just open FL Studio 11.0.4 or Deckadance 2.3 (not yet released) on your computer, enable Image-Line Remote on the MIDI settings and then open IL Remote on up to 15 Android and or iOS devices. The connection is made automatically over a Wi-Fi network.
Changes in IL Remote v1.1
- New splash screen with FL Studio or Deckadance targeting.
- Deckadance support.
- MIDI channel selector for all controls.
- Mixer scrolling (now with 99 Mixer channels).
- MIDI channel override for Container contents.
- Keyboard scale highlighting.
- Custom scales for Harmonic Grid.
- Increased sensitivity range for Jogwheels.
- “Send on/off” option for knobs and Jogwheels.
- Color of selected controls are now added to the custom color list.
- Many small bug-fixes and improvements.
IL Remote for Android and iOS is available to download at no charge.
More information: Image-Line / IL Remote
ASL SoundLab has launched Neurovision Vol.3, a soundset for the Harmor synthesizer instrument by Image-Line.
Tweaking and automating are the order of the day. Each sound has parameters assigned to the X, Y and Z controls which give you the user ultimate control over the sound.
Neurovision Vol.3 features
- 100 sounds for Image-Line Harmor.
- Includes 16 Enveloped Bass, 4 Leads, 27 Manual Bass (all modulation is dependent on the X, Y & Z controls ), 7 Manual FX, 8 Manual Stabs & Plucks, 29 Modulated, 9 Pads & Atmospherics.
- Each sound has parameters assigned to the X-Y and Z controls which allows for control over the sounds.
The soundset is available to purchase for £25.99 GBP.
More information: ASL SoundLab / Neurovision Vol.3