Image-Line has announced its LollieVox Sings for You, a chance for LollieVox to sing your vocal lines and melody.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Image-Line Software. To celebrate LollieVox (Laurie Webb) will sing for you by creating a ‘crowd sourced’ vocal pack.
We’re giving everyone who enters the competition, a free copy of the vocal pack by download!
More information: Image-Line / LollieVox Sings for You
Image-Line has announced version 1.2 of FL Studio Groove, one of the first Apps in the Microsoft Store with MIDI support.
FL Studio Groove is a Windows 8 Application for music production & performance, available from the Windows App store. Compose, arrange, edit, mix and perform professional quality music.
Changes in FL Studio Groove v1.2
- MIDI controller support (select device from Control Bar under MIDI). See NOTE below.
- Link a parameter a MIDI controller by moving it and clicking ‘Link’ located on the upper right of the interface.
- Keyboard now has Pitch Bend and ModWheel controls.
- Playlist (Automation window) is now loopable. Double tap, hold and drag along the lower time-bar.
- Tempo control has changed from a slider to a jog wheel.
- Instrument Channels can be renamed without saving.
NOTE: MIDI functions are enabled only for computers running the Windows 8.1 Update 1 on X64 CPUs (this excludes Windows RT/ARM/x86 until such time Microsoft makes the MIDI functionality available for these systems).
The app is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Groove
Image-Line has announced the availability of alpha VST versions for Mac of its Sytrus, Maximus and Gross Beat plug-ins.
Mac OS X VST plugins – We’d like to invite registered customers to Alpha test Sytrus, Maximus and Gross Beat native OS X, 32 Bit, VST plugins.
We’d also like to hear experiences with the OS X 32 Bit AU version of Minihost Modular to bridge these plugins in AU compatible hosts. NOTE: The 64 Bit versions of these plugins will be available later. Thanks for your support.
More information: Image-Line / Mac OS X VST plugins (alpha)
Image-Line has announced the release of an alpha preview version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio customers you can now download the FL Studio 12 ALPHA-PREVIEW to give us feedback about the extensive workflow changes.
What’s this for?
We are looking for feedback about some of the major changes in workflow that have been made so far. Please try it out and let us know what you think of how it works. We’re not really looking for bug reports, at this time.
Changes in FL Studio 12 (alpha preview)
- Browser – The Browser has changed (now with category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click).
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu has moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper.
- Interface – Vectorial user interface. See Options > General Settings > GUI display.
- Per Channel Swing – The Channel Settings now has a ‘swing multiplier’ amount.
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now we deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll.
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Stepsequences are now interchangable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation has changed.
The alpha preview version (currently only 32-bit) is available to download to registered Image-Line users.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12 alpha preview
Image-Line has updated its Remote controller app to version 1.2.
IL Remote is available FREE for Android and iOS tablets or phones. It’s a user-configurable virtual MIDI controller application for FL Studio and Deckadance.
Just open FL Studio 11.1 or Deckadance 2.3 on your computer, enable Image-Line Remote on the MIDI settings and then open IL Remote on up to 15 Android and or iOS devices. The connection is made automatically over a Wi-Fi network.
Changes in IL Remote v1.2
- New “trackpad” pad mode – Use ILRemote as a virtual trackpad to control your computer’s mouse (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “shortcut” pad mode – Send any keyboard shortcut to FL Studio and Deckadance (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “breath” controller – Control a parameter using the device’s microphone, Edit Mode > Layout Menu > Layout Settings.
- Containers – Controls can now be dragged in and out of containers.
- Fonts – New font size setting for control labels.
- Power management – Added a battery level indicator.
- Custom scale editor – Has been moved to the layout settings, and is now usable with both the keyboard and the harmonic grid.
- MIDI – Channel selection for accelerometers.
- Mixer – Improved scrolling. Tap and drag to select the track range more precisely.
- Fixed – Returning to the home screen even if “cancel” was pressed.
- Piano – New piano roll shortcuts presets.
- Bugs n stuff – Various fixes and improvements.
The app is a free download.
More information: Image-Line / Remote
Image-Line has announced version 2.3 of its Deckadance DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Deckadance 2.30 adds support for Image-Line Remote so you can now control Deckadance & FL Studio from any Android (phone or tablet) and iOS (iPod touch, iPhone or iPad) device.
You can even use any combination of up to 15 devices at once! Why not invite your friends over for a group DJ session :)
Changes in Deckadance v2.3
- Image-Line Remote Support – Controller support from up to 15 Android and iOS devices.
- New Smart Panels – EQ, Gain & Filter, Volume, Mix & Isolator, FX and Grossbeat.
- Fixes bugs – Reported from Deckadance version 2.2.
- Added MIDI script commands – PLAY_X, PHASE_SYNC_X, BEAT_ID_X, STANDALONE and TRACK_POSITION_X.
- Support for ESI soundcards.
- Fixed – Issues with soundcard samplerates >= 99.6 KHz.
- Fixed – Synchronization problem with the Leap function in Snap mode.
- Added – Automatic switching of MIDI ports between standard MIDI page and Scripts page..
Deckadance 2 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $79 USD / $149 USD (DVS support). New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on orders of $89 USD or above at the Image-Line online store.
More information: Image-Line / Deckadance
Image-Line has released version 11.1 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
FL Studio 11.1 includes support for the FREE and hugely popular Image-Line Remote Android and iOS MIDI remote controller application and a new FREE synthesizer MiniSynth, that also works as a crossover synth with FL Studio Mobile. We think we have the free thing covered :)
Changes in FL Studio v11.1
- Most plugins updated (bugfixes).
- Image-Line Remote for Android (Google Play) and iOS (iTunes Apps) updated.
- MiniSynth free synth is included.
- FL Studio Mobile import updated.
- Launchpad support updated.
- DirectWave import support updated.
- Bugfixes as reported since the last version, FL Studio 11.0.5.
FL Studio 11.1 is free for existing customers under the Lifetime Free Update policy. New Image-Line customers can purchase FL Studio with a 10% discount here.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio