Impact Soundworks has released Acoustic Revolutions Volume 1: Adult Contemporary Guitar Loops, a sample library designed, performed, recorded and edited by composer/producer Jimmy “Big Giant Circles” Hinson.
Acoustic Revolutions Vol. 1 represents the ever-popular adult contemporary genre, and was designed for the working composer and songwriter with a variety of tempos, keys and chord progressions. All samples come in universal WAV format. Just drag and drop in any sequencer, DAW or sampler!
Acoustic Revolutions Volume 1 features
- Over 280 loops.
- Unique tunings and chord voicings.
- Multiple keys and tempos.
- 3/4, 4/4, 4/4 swing and 6/8.
- Bonus processed/FX loops.
- Single chord strums.
- Mutes and harmonics.
- WAV format for all DAWs.
Acoustic Revolutions Volume 1 is available to purchase for $19 USD.
More information: Impact Soundworks / Acoustic Revolutions Volume 1
Impact Soundworks has announced the release of Koto Nation: Classical Instruments of Japan, a koto, bass koto and shamisen library for Kontakt, featuring world-class performer Masayo Ishigure.
We created Koto Nation out of a desire to see traditional Japanese instruments receive a deep, thorough sampling treatment, much like our acclaimed North Indian sample library Sitar Nation. While there are a handful of libraries which include samples of the koto and shamisen, they feature only the most basic articulations and few (if any) velocities or round robins. To our knowledge, the bass koto has never been sampled at all! Given the popularity of the shakuhachi and taiko in many Western film soundtracks, we wanted to allow film composers, hobbyist producers, ethnomusicologists, anime fans and everyone in between access to these classic instruments and complete the repertoire of traditional Japanese sounds available.
This library includes a massive number of samples spanning a wide variety of both traditional and extended playing techniques all recorded by koto legend Masayo Ishigure (Memoirs of a Geisha). We’re confident that this is, without a doubt, the most comprehensive koto, bass koto and shamisen library ever to be released!
Koto Nation features
- World-class performances.
- Up to 8x round robins and 5x dynamic layers.
- Traditional and contemporary techniques.
- Close and room mic positions.
- Special FX patches.
- Nearly 9gb of unlocked, 24bit audio.
Koto Nation for Kontakt is available to purchase for $99 USD.
More information: Impact Soundworks / Koto Nation
Related: Dangerous Bear
, de la Mancha
, Dusted William Sounds
, H.G. Fortune
, Hardcore Harmonics
, Impact Soundworks
, Indie Dev Collective
, Manytone Music
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Perimeter Sound
, Rough Diamond Productions
Posted in news
on May 17, 2010
The Indie Dev Collective has launched with a collaborative sale, offering up to 65% discount on various products.
We are a group of 12 plug-in and soundware developers who have banded together to bring you a massive collaborative sale on synths, effects, and samples. Up to 65% off – over 50 deals on more than 90 products!
The following developers participate in the Indie Dev Collective:
- Dangerous Bear Underground – Synths, Samples & Soundbanks
- de la Mancha – VST Synths & Effects
- Dusted William Sounds – Samples & Loops
- H.G. Fortune – VST Synths & Sequencers, & Samples
- Hardcore Harmonics/Supersynths – VSTi & Soundbanks
- Impact Soundworks – Soundbanks & Samples
- Manytone – VST Synths & Samples
- Nucleus Soundlab – Soundbanks, Refills & Samples
- Perimeter Sound Arts – Loops & Presets
- Ugo – VST Synths & Effects
- Westgate Sounds – Soundbanks & Samples
- whiteLABEL – VST Effects
The collaborative sale is available from May 17 until May 31, 2010.
More information: Indie Dev Collective
Impact Soundworks has released Shreddage, a multi-sampled electric rhythm guitar sample library for Kontakt.
Shreddage is a DI guitar sample library like no other. Rather than trying to cover every possible technique or style, it is focused entirely on rhythm playing in a rock/metal style. The result of this intense design focus (and two full years of research and development) is an extremely playable and realistic instrument.
This library isn’t just for composers, though it is very easy to use in the context of trailer cues, video game arrangements and other massive productions. It’s also a great tool for producers and even guitarists!
Shreddage requires next to no editing or humanization to sound realistic right out of the box, and thus can be dropped in a track to fill it out, doubling a real guitarist or serving as a highly-accurate placeholder or demo until live guitars are recorded.
The Kontakt patches feature a scripted interface that allows you to easily tweak envelopes and EQ, but does not require any sort of fancy keyswitches or MIDI CC control to use. Just load and play – each hand gets a different type of articulation, and velocities handle the rest. Swap out individual patches to tweak your performance multi.
For years we’ve read that it’s simply not possible to have realistic guitar samples without loops. We’re confident that with this library, we’ve proved the doubters wrong!
- Shreddage was performed and recorded by master rock & metal guitarist Juan Medrano (www.sixtosounds.com), a frequent collaborator of library producer Andrew Aversa.
- The guitar used was a 6-string classic which is considered a standard of metal music. It was recorded at 24 bits / 44.1khz through an Avalon U5 DI into a Presonus Firebox in mono, the format which all of the samples are presented in.
- Eight round robins for almost every patch (covering both down and up strokes) meaning the “machine gun” effect will never be a problem, even for the darkest thrash metal riffs.
- All audio content for this library is “unlocked” and editable in WAV format.
- Combined with a wide variety of crucial articulations, tuning that goes down to Bb, double-tracked patches and effects, you can realize virtually any rhythm part out there.
Shreddage is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Impact Soundworks / Shreddage
Impact Soundware has released Groove Bias Percussion, a collection of detailed percussive instruments for Kontakt.
The percussion-only version of Groove Bias, available for $19, contains two snare rims (close and OH tracks), agogos, bongos, claps, woodblocks, tambourine, triangle, cowbell and shaker.
All samples are still 24/96 and unchanged from the full version. If you purchase the percussion-only library, you can upgrade to the full version of Groove Bias at a discount.
Groove Bias Percussion is available to purchase for $19 USD. ,em>Note: The Kontakt format of this library requires the full version of Kontakt to use – the “Kontakt Player” plugin will not work.
More information: Impact Soundworks / Groove Bias Percussion
Impact Soundworks has announced the release of a demo version of Sitar Nation, a Kontakt sample library featuring classical instruments of India.
Sitar Nation has been one of our most successful libraries, having redefined the standard for not only Indian instrument samples, but any kind of world instrument. Now, you can download a free version of Sitar Nation to try out and use in your compositions!
The Sitar Nation demo version contains four patches in NKI monolithic format, meaning they can be loaded in Kontakt 2 and above. These represent only a handful of the patches in the full library, and only show off one mic position. However, the level of depth (velocities, round robins) is the same as the full version, so you can get an idea of the tone and playability of the basic components of the library.
Sitar Nation Demo Version includes
- Sitar Main Patch – The primary plucked articulation of the sitar, limited only in key range. Velocities and round robins are all there.
- Sitar Releases – A patch intended to be loaded on to the same channel as the Sitar Main Patch. Adds release noises at random to add realism to your performance.
- Tampura Main Patch – Just one note of the full tampura main patch, which is a long drone.
- Tabla and Baya – In the full library, these patches are separated and can be loaded together or one at a time as desired. This demo patch combines two strokes from both the tabla and the baya on to one MIDI channel to help accompany your performances.
The Sitar Nation Demo is available as a free download, while the full version has a price of $99 USD.
More information: Impact Soundworks
Impact Soundworks has released Groove Bias Mini, a free demo drum kit from the Groove Bias vintage drum library.
The Tape Kit Mini contains all the components found in the full Tape Kit patch – kicks, snares, hats, toms, overheads/room mics, and cymbals – with just one velocity and round robin per part. The full version has anywhere from 40 to 150 samples per kit part, but the Mini is still fun to play with. You’ll get a good idea of the tone of this particular kit, and you’re free to use it in any of your productions. We’ve also included the FULL version of the Tape Kit ride patch, including its room mic.
While these particular patches are Kontakt 2 format, since there are only a small amount of actual WAVs, you can easily program them for use in any sampler.
Visit Impact Soundworks for more information and a link to download Groove Bias Mini.
, Empirical Labs
, Impact Soundworks
, samples and sound libraries
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on May 27, 2009
Impact Soundworks has released Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds, a new drum sample library featuring vintage acoustic drum kits recorded in an authentic 60’s and 70’s style with all-analog gear.
“The drum sounds of the 60s and 70s have been captivating producers and engineers such as
me for decades. Countless tracks have featured samples taken from funk records, but no one
has made an effort to create a new collection of old-school sounds with that vintage tone,” said
Andrew Aversa, lead developer of the product.
Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds features
- Nearly 4 gigabytes and 3,500 samples of unlocked, 24/96 audio content.
- Three deeply sampled, custom kits as well as a set of percussive instruments: five snares, four kicks, nine toms, three hats (closed, loose, open, pedal), two rides, two crashes, two splashes, two rims, handclaps, tambourine, shaker, agogo, bongos, woodblocks, cowbell and triangle.
- Recorded at three studios across the United States using a wide range of microphones, from high-end Neumann mics to trashy RCA and GE mics nearly half a century old.
- All-analog outboard chain featured such gems as an authentic 70s Neve broadcast console, a UA-1176 and 2-610S, Tube-Tech, ADL and Empirical Labs compressors and even giant Otari and TASCAM tape machines.
- Streamlined mixing, offering one or two tracks per kit component – close micing, and overhead or room micing.
- Formats: Kontakt (version 2+), EXS-24, Battery and Reason NN-XT (at 16/44.1), with more formats on the way.
- All formats of Groove Bias are unlocked for your editing and re-mapping pleasure, and with 5-10 round robins and 5-16 velocities per switchable kit component.
Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds is available for download for $99 USD for the Kontakt/HALion/EXS24 version, and $89 USD for the Reason version.
Visit Impact Soundworks for more information and some audio and video demos.