Loopmasters has introduced Indian Ocean, a Islands Project series sample library.
An idyllic bundle of sounds from the islands of Reunion, Mauritius and Madagascar; a region of outstanding natural beauty with a mix of diverse cultures. Here the visions of few awe-inspiring ethnic groups with their deep rooted African influence have created these extraordinary instruments that represent a blend of traditions to produce rare and unique sounds.
Typically, the instruments such as the Kayam, Ravan and Gambri have been hand-made and are designed for live performances in various situations such as ceremonies or live shows. The sounds produced are distinctive, from Maloya to Tamil, Creole to French. We offer you this melodic bundle that captures a successful marriage of the striking string and pure percussion.
The sample library costs £34.95 GBP.
More information: EarthMoments / Indian Ocean
Loopmasters has released its Indian Sessions Percussion Vol. 3 sample library.
World class Indian percussionist KV Bala Krishnan returns for another incredible percussion masterclass of Indian rhythms performed with the passion and flair that only a true virtuoso can bring. For producers worldwide looking for authentic royalty free Indian samples to integrate into their productions, this sample collection will prove invaluable.
This is truly an authentic collection of samples recorded and produced in India exclusively for Loopmasters, which have been mastered centrally at Loopmasters studio to ensure maximum compatibility with all music applications and is presented in multiple formats for easy manipulation by you the producer.
Within this superbly recorded collection expect to find 1.78GB of 24Bit Indian samples including, over 800 Loops including grooves at 80/84/90/95/114BPM all oozing authenticity and royalty free to add to your productions.
The sample library costs £29.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Indian Sessions Percussion Vol. 3
Crypto Cipher has released Tarangs, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt featuring a collection of deep sampled rare Indian tuned instruments.
The samples are recorded from the most rarely heard instrument today: JALTARANG and TABLATARANG. The library consists sets of Jal Tarang, Tabla Tarang, Spoon Tarang and derived sound designed instruments. Jal Tarang (means waves in water) is an Indian melodic percussion instrument, it consists of sets of ceramic bowls tuned with the aid of water, and the bowls are played by striking edge with wooden sticks, one in each hand.
Crypto Cipher’s rare Indian tuned instruments for Kontakt: Tarangs.
- Basic Instruments includes Jal Tarang , Tabla Tarang , Spoon Tarang.
- Samples size 538 mb (NCW Format).
- 20 plus Instruments patches designed from basic instruments.
- Custom Script for creative workflow.
- Jal Tarang (10 Velocity Layers – 10 Round Robins).
- Tabla Tarang ( 8 Velocity Layers – 8 Round robins).
- Custom Pads from Jal Tarang and Tabla Tarang samples.
- Custom Arp presets for instruments.
- Multis Included.
- PDF Documentation available for download.
- Sample Resolution : 44.1khz/24 bit
- Format: Kontakt (Requires full version 4.2.3 or higher. Free Kontakt player will only work for 30 minutes.
The Tarangs library is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Crypto Cipher / Tarangs
Future Loops has released Mumbai Nightz, a collection of eastern/indian themed R&B construction kits in WAV & REX format.
Aimed both at Hip Hop & RNB styles, Mumbai Nightz features live recorded indian instruments and includes standalone multi-tracks for drum loop mixing, loop elements (bass, piano, strings, synth, guitar, fx…) and drum hits that allow users to create beat patterns from scratch.
Tempos in Mumbai Nightz range from 70 to 95 BPM and total size is over 2.5 GB
The sample library is available to purchase for 19.95 EUR.
More information: Future Loops / Mumbai Nightz
, samples and sound libraries
, Shruti Box
Posted in news
on Mar 30, 2012
Presicionsound has announced the Indian ShrutiBox, a sample library featuring the sounds of a Shruti box instrument.
Originating in South India (Kerala, Tamil Nadu), but widespread also in the North, the Shruti box is a small wooden (usually teak) instrument which provides a rich drone background to support singing and other solo instruments, especially winds, like the Bansuri or the Shenai, or to practice sessions and concerts of Indian classical music.
Indian ShrutiBox features
- 61 stereo wav files (24bit) mapped for Kontakt, HALion & EXS24 (all versions).
- SoundFont version (16bit) included for users of other sample players like Reason NN-XT, Dimension, Sfz player etc.
- Includes 2 long chord drones, 5 and 10 minutes long that could be placed as audiotracks in your DAW of choice.
- All notes of the Shruti box has been sampled for many minutes and cut in 4 variations.
- ShrutiBox 1 has the natural attack and looped
- Shrutibox 2 is a cut out of the long note/drone looped
- Shrutibox 3 another portion of the note/drone looped
- Shrutibox 4 the note/drone fading out, not looped
- Shrutibox Pumpnoise – A selection of pumpnoises
- The Kontakt and HALion format have some extra programs including 2 Menu programs with all versions of the drones and noises together but with smaller tone range and a Mix program with 3 drones in unison mix.
- All formats are included when you buy Indian ShrutiBox.
The Indian ShrutiBox library is available to purchase for $19 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Indian ShrutiBox