Precisionsound has announced the release of Indian Surmandal, a sample library for Kontakt, HALion, and EXS24.
“Surmandal” also known as “Swarmandal” is a small Indian harp. It is generally used to accompany vocalists playing arpeggios and notes with the right thumb in Hindustani Classical music.
The Surmandal was used in The Beatles songs “Strawberry Fields Forever,” “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds,” and “Within You Without You”, plucked with a guitar pick like we have done here with the “Indian Surmandal” SampleSet.
Indian Surmandal features
- 867 24bit WAV files.
- 16 programs for all versions of Steinberg HALion, Logic EXS24, and NI Kontakt v1 and v2 + 2 program for NI Kontakt v3 and v4.
- Surmandal Plectrum — The “Surmandal” programs are the plectrum picked Surmandal from C1 to G4 with all notes and half notes sampled. The mappings are E2 to G5, the G5 is stretched to C6 and E2 is stretched down to C2. Every note has been sampled in 4 velocity layers and has 4 samples for every layer, these have been programmed as “round robin” for the Kontakt and EXS24 programs. The HALion programs have all samples mapped as velocity layers instead, a total of 16 velocity layers.
- Surmandal Thaats — A Thaat is a musical mode in Hindustani music which always has seven notes (excluding the repeated tonic) and is considered the basis for the system of organizing and classifying ragas in North Indian classical music. There are ten generally accepted Thaats, all included in the Indian Surmandal SampleSet: Bilawal, Khamaj, Kafi, Asavari, Bhairavi, Bhairav, Kalyan, Marwa, Purvi & Todi. These are strummed up/down in different speeds and also clusters of notes for each Thaat.
Indian Surmandal is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD (DVD available for +$11 USD). All formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Indian Surmandal
Future Loops has released Sarod Loops, a sample pack featuring sarod samples from the Total India collection (recorded in Chennai, Calcutta and Mumbai).
With over 14 GB Total India is a massive collection available only as a boxed 4-DVD set, but now and after much demand from our users you can download the Sarod loops and one-shots as a separate pack.
If you already own Total India please note that the tabla content is the same. If you do not own Total India please note that you can save money by getting the complete collection.
The Sarod is a beautiful stringed instrument of the lute family common to the Indian classical music traditions of the north region. Along with the Sitar, the Sarod is an extremely popular instrument and is highly recognized for its deep, weighty sound. It’s reverberant quality makes the Sarod a mystical instrument that can instantly give any track a luscious, mysterious vibe.
Sarod Loops includes performances by true masters and captures the magic of this beautiful instrument, bringing you nearly 100 delightful Sarod melodies that will fit exotically into any music style from world music, to chill-out, from drum n’ bass to house music.
Sarod Loops features
- 296 MB content (143 MB before duplications), 451 samples in total.
- 255 Sarod Samples.
- 98 Loops (available in Acid Loops, REX and Apple Loops).
- Over 150 One Shots that will allow you to construct your own melodies and vibes.
Sarod Loops is available to purchase as a download for $19.96 USD.
More information: Future Loops / Sarod Loops
Loopmasters has released Distant Rhythms, a sample library featuring Indian percussion by EarthMoments.
The essential percussion package has been optimised with the closest attention to detail, staying true to the sound with authentic royalty free samples. These samples were recorded using tube Pre-Amps and Mics on 96kHz in studios across India.
This huge sample pack has been created and maximised to the highest standards, exclusively delivered by top Indian percussionists in the Indian music scene today, and can be used to create a variety of styles with Indian percussion signatures.
Distant Rhythms features
- 730 MB content (compressed ZIP), 24bit quality.
- 458 WAV Loops, 916 REX Loops.
- Includes a range of Indian percussion instruments: Bass Dholak, Ghatam, Kanjira, Tabla, Khol, Moresing, Mridangam and Naqqara.
- Recorded on 96kHz using Class A preamps and Tube mics at Clementine studios in Chennai.
Distant Rhythms is available to purchase for £14.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / EarthMoments Distant Rhythms
Future Loops has announced the release of Tabla Loops, a sample library featuring tabla loops from the Total India collection.
Future Loops presents Tabla Loops, from the highly acclaimed collection Total India release with over 450 pure North Indian Tabla hypnotic samples (Loops and One-Shots), straight from the Total India collection, which was entirely recorded in Chennai, Calcutta and Mumbai, India.
Tabla Loops is a rich and authentic tabla sample pack, played by true masters, and it is perfect for anyone who needs original Indian percussion loops that fit into virtually any music style, from world music, to chill-out, from drum n’ bass to house music.
Tabla Loops features
- 457 MB content, 465 Tabla samples.
- 168 loops in Wav, REX, and Apple Loops format.
- 297 One-Shots in Wav format.
Tabla Loops is available to purchase as a download for the introductory price of $15.96 USD (regular price $19.95 USD).
More information: Future Loops / Tabla Loops
Loopmasters has released Indian Emotions, a sample pack featuring Indian strings and woodwinds by EarthMoments.
The essential strings and woodwinds package has been optimised with the closest attention to detail, staying true to the sound with authentic royalty free samples. The vocals samples were recorded using tube Pre-Amps and Mics on 96kHz in studios across India.
This unique sample pack has been created and maximised to the highest standards, exclusively delivered by top Indian vocalists in the Indian music scene today, and can be used to create a variety of styles with Indian vocals signatures.
India Emtions features
- 785MB content, Wav 24 bit / 44.1khz quality.
- 567 samples of a range of known and unknown Indian instruments: Bhapang, Ektara, Dotara, Dilruba, Esraj, Santoor, Sarangi, Sarod, Sitar, Slide Guitar, Veena, Vichitra Veena, Violin, Bansuri flute, Flute and Harmonium.
- Recorded on 96kHz using Class A preamps and Tube mics at Clementine studios in Chennai.
Indian Emotions is available to purchase for £29.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / EarthMoments Indian Emotions
, KV Bala Krishnan
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2010 - 0 comments
Loopmasters has released Indian Sessions Vol.2, a sample library featuring percussionist KV Bala Krishnan.
Loopmasters have teamed up with renowned Indian percussionist KV Bala Krishnan to put together this supreme collection of Indian percussion, Indian vocals and Sitar samples for producers worldwide looking for authentic royalty free Indian samples to integrate into their productions.
This is the second of a 2 part series which sees KV team up with local Indian musicians and vocalists from Chennai to extract pure melodies, grooves and rhythms from Indian culture and traditional music, but with an eye on popular western tempos and time signatures in order to create a palette of sound which will work well when fused into modern genres.
This is truly an authentic collection of samples recorded and produced in India exclusively for Loopmasters, which have been mastered centrally at Loopmasters studio to ensure maximum compatibility with all music applications and is presented in multiple formats for easy manipulation by you the producer.
Indian Sessions Vol.2: KV Bala Krishnan features
- 900+MB of 24bit Indian samples including, over 330 Samples, 335 Loops.
- 87 Female Vox loops, presented in various folders including vocals presented as Classic Aalap, Kalyani, Raag and Shivaranjini loops alongside light style loops and phrases.
- 61 Male Vox Loops, include Amarnath, Mantra, Carnatic, Classic and Film Loops, alongside phrases and single shouts.
- 159 Percussion Loops, masterfully played by KV himself, and includes loops of Bass Dholak, Dukki Tarang, Finger Cymbals, Ghata Singari, Ghatam Pot, Salangai, Shakers, Tabla, Tambourine, Triangle, amongst others.
- 28 Sitar Loops, a selection of Ensemble, Sitar Jaala, Phrase and Taraf Harp Loops.
- The tempos range from 75 –128 bpm.
Indian Sessions Vol.2 is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Indian Sessions Vol.2
ThaLOOPS has released Indian Loops 1, a new sample library featuring loops with an Indian flavor.
Collection of music loops ready for RnB, Hip-hop and Pop music production. Variety of strings, guitars, keys, piano, base, bells, arpeggiating synthesizers, vocal sounds, flute, organ, sound effects, brass sounds were used to create modern loops with music flavor from India.
“Indian Loops 1″ includes 15 song themes. Each theme is splitted in two parts with “construction” style separated tracks.
Indian Loops 1 is available to purchase for $29.99 USD.
More information: ThaLOOPS