, Ingo Weidner
, instrument plugins
, Kelvin Ford
, Michael Cavallo
, Nori Ubukata
, Stephen Wey
Posted in news
on Jul 23, 2012 - 0 comments
XILS-lab has announced version 1.0 of Oxium, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Oxium is a unique, yet cost-conscious (€99.00 EURO/$129.00 USD) Mac-compatible (OS X 10.5 — 32-bit PowerPC and Intel; Mac OS X 10.6 or later — 32- and 64-bit Intel; Audio Unit, VST, RTAS — Pro Tools 7.0 and later) and PC-compatible (Windows XP, Vista, and 7 — 32- and 64-bit; VST, RTAS — Pro Tools 7.0 and later) performance-orientated soft synth plug-in, adept at giving equal billing to still-sought-after classic analogue sounds and more adventurous modernistic tones.
Oxium is coming with more than 250 carefully chosen performance-showcasing presets from XILS-lab’s talented team of well-known, world-class sound designers including Laurent Bourgeon (Lotuzia), Simon Ball (Soundsdivine), Nori Ubukata, Pascal Laigle (Tzadi), Kelvin Ford, Ingo Weidner, Stephen Wey, Sami Rabia (Aiyn Zahev), Michael Cavallo.
Oxium is available to purchase for the introductory price of 69 EUR until August 15th, 2012 (regular 99 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / Oxium
Related: Daniel Stawczyk
, Ingo Weidner
, Kelvin Ford
, patches and sound banks
, Paul Wiffen
, Peter Schelfhout
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2011 - 0 comments
XILS-lab has announced the availability of the Synthax A and Synthax B soundsets for its Synthix software synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Synthax A and Synthax B combine to offer almost 300 fresh new patches, ranging from otherworldly electro to pure vintage and ‘oldskool’ flavourings, with much in-between — readymade professional perfection, perfect for those who simply cannot wait to get working with this sonically expansive, yet relatively inexpensive (€169) instrument!
Synthax A & Synthax B features
- Synthax A comprises 163 stunning sounds programmed by leading sound designers Simon Ball (Soundsdivine); Adam Borsetti; Cliff Douse; Kelvin Ford; Kire; Lotuzia; Peter Schelfhout; Tzadi; Daniel Stawcyzk; Vivolator; Ingo Weidner; and (original Synthex programmer) Paul Wiffen, who is primarily responsible for authentically recreating some classic Synthex patches; all are broken down into the following categories for easy access: Arp (22); Bass (28); FX (14); Keys (18); Leads (39); Percussion (19); Sequences (10); and Synths (45).
- Synthax B delivers another 134 must-have patches from those same sound designers, and also includes recreations of yet more classy classic Synthex sounds; again, all are conveniently categorised: Bells, Brass, Strings, and Woodwinds (29); Keys, Organs, and Keytars (33); Pads (46); Plucks and Splits (8); and FX (16).
Synthax A is available to purchase for 21 EUR, Synthax B is 19 EUR.
XILS-lab has also launched a Christmas sale, offering 40% off its synthesizer plug-ins for a limited time.
Until December 31th, use CHRISTMAS2011 at the end of the checkout : we offer you 40% off on all our synthesizers !
More information: XILS-lab / Synthax A & B
Synth Magic has released Jen SX3000, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Based on the Italian Mono synth Jen Sx1000 from the 70’s this is a fantastic take on this rather strange little mono synth-
The analogue style sequencer and effects sections are just the icing on the cake and will allow for the creation of great tones and sequences for any Genre of music.
Jen SX3000 features
- Includes half a Gigabyte of samples, every key, every octave.
- Over 130 patches by Ingo Weidner and Synth Magic
- Random patch generator and pattern generator, quick and easy to get fantastic grooves that just work.
- The sequencer can store patterns and play them back instantly, allowing for sequences to be created for different sections of your tracks.
- Sequence notes, Filter Cutoff and Resonance on each step of the 16 steps in the sequence.
- Easily clocks to your master sequencer.
- GUI designed by Anders Hedstrom of Flavours of Lime.
Jen SX3000 for Kontakt 4.2.2 or higher (full version required) is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Synth Magic / Jen SX3000
Waldorf has released Analog vs. Digital, a soundset by Ingo Weidner, featuring sounds for Waldorf’s Blofeld synthesizer.
This soundset from Ph.D. Ingo Weidner contains various classic analog and digital sounds, similar to well known synthesizers such as PPG Wave 2.3, PPG 2.V, Yamaha DX7, Moog Minimoog, SCI Prophet 5, Roland Jupiter 8, ARP 2600, Elka Synthex or Hammond Novachord. There are also some completely new sounds with a complexity far beyond the limitations of such archetypes.
The set includes one SoundDriver-Library with 128 sounds and 8 midi files. Each midi file contains the same sounds, offering the possibility to replace any of the eight soundbanks in Blofeld with these 128 sounds.
Analog vs. Digital for Blofeld is available to purchase for 30 EUR (includes VAT for EU countries).
More information: Waldorf / Analog vs. Digital