Toontrack has announced the release of EZkeys Vintage Upright, a new EZkeys virtual piano instrument.
The Vintage Upright sound library features a carefully sampled Östlind & Almquist piano, a classic Swedish brand dating back to the late 1800s and widely known for its quality, craftsmanship and heritage.
This instrument was built in the 1930s and captures the essence of the timbre in a well-built upright piano. The frail, silvery treble, the bright, distinct mid range and the focused, round bass, all painstakingly captured in a world-class studio facility.
EZkeys Vintage Upright contains the same software, functionality and extensive MIDI library as the other EZkeys titles.
EZkeys Vintage Upright features
- A carefully sampled Östlind & Almquist upright piano.
- Recorded at Studio 9, Sveriges Radio, Sweden using only the best of the best in modern and vintage equipment.
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix.
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability.
- Includes Sympathetic Resonance based on real samples.
EZkeys Vintage Upright is available for purchase for 139 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / EZkeys Vintage Upright
Toontrack has released version 1.2.0 of EZkeys, the virtual piano instrument and songwriting tool for Windows and Mac.
This update is recommended to all users running Windows 7/8 and Mac OS 10.9 or above. Note that version 1.2.0 is required for the support of EZkeys packs released from this point forward (Q3 2014).
Changes in EZkeys v1.2
- Various internal changes required for the Mellotoon.
- Added time signature 11/8.
- Dynamics settings now affect mouse-clicking of the keys.
- Checkboxes are now possible to toggle by clicking on their texts.
- Browser entries now have tooltips and long entries are properly truncated.
- When playing a file in the browser, it is now possible to change position in the playing file.
- The loop area in the time bar should be easier to hit with the mouse now.
- Improvements to song block snapping.
- With a trackpad on Mac, horizontal scrolling of the song track is now much smoother.
- New authorization dialogs – already registered serial numbers are automatically retrieved from the server.
- Fixed: the scissors would sometimes become graphically stuck on the song track.
- Fixed: add9 could not be added to a 13 major chord.
- Fixed: changing a chord that has its third as bass note (for example C/E) from major to minor or from minor to major now also changes the bass note accordingly (C/E becomes Cm/Eb).
- Fixed: when the song track was exported as MIDI, key signature was not saved.
- Fixed: sympathetic resonance would sometimes not be correctly working after a change of sound library.
- Fixed: after dragging MIDI from EZkeys, the next mouse click in the interface would be ignored.
- Fixed: the displayed chord is no longer reset and pressed keys are no longer graphically released after 5 seconds of inactivity.
- Fixed: song block MIDI is no longer drawn on different vertical positions depending on which sound library is loaded.
- Fixed: MIDI files from folders named “Endings” are now marked as Outro when dragged to the song track.
- Fixed: menus that were opened close to the bottom edge of the screen would open above the window (Mac 64-bit).
- Fixed: in the standalone, when using external displays on Mac OS X Mavericks or later, the window could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen.
The EZkeys update is now available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX).
More information: Toontrack / EZkeys
Sound Magic has announced the release of the Fazioli Rose, a virtual Fazioli “Brunei” concert grand piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
Fazioli “Brunei” is the most expensive concert grand piano. Fazioli, base in Italy, is considered to produce the best sounding grand pianos nowadays. Based on its famous Fazioli F308, the 10 foot concert grand model, Fazioli “Brunei” is decorated with flowers in mother of pearls, features semi-precious stones in various types. Not only the appearance changes a lot, but also Fazioli “Brunei” was specially tuned by factory engineers to achieve a unique sound, it has a deeper bass and mellower in sound compared to F308. By using the best Microphones and AD/DA converter nowadays, we successfully captured Fazioli “Brunei” unique sound. And after almost 1 years’ modeling processing, we finally get an vivid instrument with a rather small size compared with other sampled instruments.
Neo Piano features a custom built Hybrid DFD/RAM system. It is a very flexible system which can be optimized for different playing applications. If you are using an old system with low RAM, DFD will work well. If you are using a top performance 64-bit system with plenty of RAM, you can choose to play Neo Piano totally from RAM. A balance of DFD and RAM samples can be utilized to optimize general performance. In All cases Sound Quality remains at the highest level. For live stage performances, the entire piano sample set can be loaded into RAM, removing any worries about OS interference with Hard Disc access. For Studio and Composition use, DFD is ideal with modern computers.
A major breakthrough in Neo Piano Engine is the resonance engine. Every Grand Piano has a very large soundboard which reflects sound which resonates together with the piano’s wood body. This is a continuous process and makes every note sound unique. In order to simulate this behavior, Sound Magic first captures multi angle IRs from the soundboard, then applies new technology to convert those IRs into Resonance Engine Algorithms. The result is a concert hall sound reproduction full of life.
Style Designer is a special function which allows you to quickly and easily set the piano’s musical style, such as pop, jazz, rock, classical or soft. When you move the style level dial, it will change several internal parametric.
Fazioli Rose for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 129 EUR/$169 USD/£105 GBP.
More information: Sound Magic / Fazioli Rose
Adam Monroe Music has released a Mac OS X version of Honky Tonk Piano and updated the Windows version to 2.0.
Adam Monroe’s Honky Tonk piano is an instrument/sample library that is designed to replicate the full range and “honky” sound of a vintage chickering upright piano.
Changes in Honky Tonk Piano v2.0
- Added a GUI pop-up window that tells a user how many samples have been loaded.
- Added multi-threading and a “Buffer For” switch. Dramatically improves playback on slower systems.
- Eliminated the need for sample data to exist in VST directory.
- Fixed problem with audio “pops” when holding down notes until their end.
- Optimized slow c++ code (dynamic lists) down to optimized C code (static arrays) and optimized buffering code.
- Wave file buffers are now properly freed when closing plugin.
- Eliminated 100MB deallocation memory leak.
- Eliminated the need for sample data to exist in VST directory, a user can now place samples anywhere and the VST will ask for their location.
Honky Tonk Piano (VST/AU/Kontakt) is available for purchase for $20 USD.
More information: Adam Monroe Music / Honky Tonk Piano
Sound Magic has announced the release of Imperial Grand with Neo Piano Hybrid Modelling Engine, the successor of the “Imperial Grand” virtual piano instrument.
Imperial Grand starts with the famous dark, rich Bösendorfer tone. By using the newly developed Neo Piano Engine, Imperial Grand reproduces the magnificent dynamic and various timbre colors of a Bösendorfer 290 SE.
The unique feature of Imperial Grand is that you can forge your own sound with it. Through our online customize sound system, you can easily forge your personal sound. You not only get a standard Bösendorfer sound ,but also get a sound fit for your taste. And more important, other Imperial Grand users do not have this sound because it is customized for you only. This makes Imperial Grand unique to you and cannot duplicate. It will become your “secret ” weapon in your music production.
Neo Piano features a custom built Hybrid DFD/RAM system. It is a very flexible system which can be optimized for different playing applications. If you are using an old system with low RAM,DFD will work well. If you are using a top performance 64bit system with plenty of RAM, you can choose to play Neo Piano totally from RAM. A balance of DFD and RAM samples can be utilized to optimize general performance. In All cases Sound Quality remains at the highest level. For live stage performances, the entire piano sample set can be loaded into RAM, removing any worries about OS interference with Hard Disc access. For Studio and Composition use, DFD is ideal with modern computers.
A major breakthrough in Neo Piano Engine is the resonance engine. Every Grand Piano has a very large soundboard which reflects sound which resonates together with the piano’s wood body. This is a continuous process and makes every note sound unique. In order to simulate this behavior, Sound Magic first captures multi angle IRs from the soundboard, then applies ground-breaking technology to convert those IRs into Resonance Engine Algorithms. The result is an amazing concert hall sound reproduction full of life.
Imperial Grand for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 129 EUR/$169 USD/£105 GBP.
More information: Sound Magic / Imperial Grand
More posts that match this tag
Modartt has launched Pianoteq 5, an update of the virtual piano instrument for Windows, Mac and Linux. We have devoted two years of research to developing and refining the award-winning Pianoteq physical model. Pianoteq 5 … read more
MakeMusic and Abbey Road Studios have announced the release Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX Concert Grand, a new virtual piano instrument. To create this new instrument, Yamaha’s flagship CFX Concert Grand piano was recorded in … read more
Outbound link: Garritan
/ CFX Concert Grand
– Related: AAX
, Abbey Road
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on May 15, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments. Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument. New Versilian Studios instruments Timpani: Extensively sampled … read more
Outbound link: Versilian Studios
– Related: AU
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Sound Magic has released version 1.5 of its Piano One for Mac, a free virtual piano instrument. The Sound of Piano One comes from the Yamaha C7 concert grand, a true workhorse in the professional … read more
< ?a> Sound Magic has released version 2.9 of its Rose Whisper Piano and Ruby Piano virtual piano instruments for Windows and Mac. The sound of Rose Whisper Piano comes from Fazioli “Brunei”, a concert … read more
Musicrow has announced its Holiday Sale, offering a 50% discount on all its Reaktor ensembles, Arturia soundsets, and VST plug-ins. Golden Ensembles 3 for NI Reaktor, Analog Sound Collection for Arturia Synths, and our VST … read more
Outbound link: Musicrow
– Related: Arturia
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, patches and sound banks
, string machine
Posted in news
on Jan 03, 2014 - 0 comments
ThaLoops has announced the release of Steinway Grand Piano B211, a virtual instrument fine tuned for hip hop, rnb and pop music producers. The piano was sampled in a world class studio in Europe through … read more
Adam Monroe Music has released Honky Tonk Piano, a virtual piano instrument for Windows. Adam Monroe Music has released Adam Monroe’s Honky Tonk Piano, a 32/64-bit VST Instrument/Plug-in for Windows that offers a piano voice … read more
Sonivox has announced the release of Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0, the latest version of its flagship virtual piano instrument. Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0 includes an integrated patch browser, enhanced EQ and effects, plus current 64-bit … read more
Sound Magic has released version 1.6 of its Lucky Bean Piano instrument for Windows and Mac. The sound of Lucky Bean Piano comes from a German vintage upright, with a mellow, resonant and superb sound. … read more
Sound Magic has announced version 2.6 of the Ruby Piano, a virtual Yamaha Concert Grand piano instrument for Windows and Mac. Ruby Piano starts with the Famous Yamaha C7 sound, Appearing on famous concert stages, … read more
RealDigital has announced the release of its Electric Dreams digital drum machine and Digital Acoustic Piano instrument plugins for Windows. Both instruments are available to download as freeware for Windows, in VST and standalone formats. … read more
Sound Magic has announced Piano One Special Edition, a free virtual piano instrument for Windows and Mac. In order to Celebrate Piano One is selected as one of the 27 best free VSTs by music … read more
Sound Magic has announced Mac version 1.5 of its Piano Thor virtual Steinway piano instrument. This is the sound of the piano “Thor” developed from the most famous Steinway piano – perhaps the most famous … read more
Dream Audio Tools has announced its September Sale, offering a limited time 30% discount on all its products. Save on sample libraries for Kontakt, SampleTank and the Dream Keys VST instrument. Dream Audio Tools products … read more
Outbound link: Dream Audio Tools
– Related: cinematic
, Dream Audio
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 05, 2012 - 0 comments