Abletunes has announced the release of Selektor, a drum sampler instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The idea of Selektor is simple – quickly and easily switch between one-shot samples while your track is playing to instantly hear how it fits in your track.
- Make beats in minutes, not hours. With Selektor you can easily switch one-shot samples on a fly while track is playing so you’ll always hear how this new element sounds when combined with the other elements of your track making it much faster to find the one that works.
- Wider selection. With Selektor’s tabs you can save and compare up to 4 different samples at the same time and switch between tabs on the fly to find the perfect one.
- More Customization. Tweak volume, transposing and envelopes of each sample to perfection.
- Get rid of routing. The concept of Selektor is taken from traditional studio recording style – one instrument – one track. If you have kick track you have it as a separate track and process it as a separate track without wasting time on routing.
- Save CPU processing power. Selektor is easy on your CPU. This plug-in works quickly and doesn’t eat up your pc memory. We created this plugin with resource savings in mind so you can easily use one Selektor instance for your kick, one for snare, and one for every other element of your beats.
- Creativity boost. Don’t let your gear get in the way of your creativity. Selektor lets you explore more of your creative ideas while you work on your track.
Selektor (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $35 USD.
More information: Abletunes / Selektor
Audio Damage has launched a Spring Sale, offering a 40% discount on its plug-ins for a limited time.
The annual Audio Damage Spring Sale is now rolling! Use the code EASTERPIG at check-out for 40% off your entire order, including bundles*. Visit the Audio Damage store now! Sale runs until Thursday, April 24th, at Midnight PST (GMT -8).
*Doesn’t include hardware items, sorry! Only plug-ins.
The sale ends April 24th, 2014.
More information: Audio Damage
KV331 Audio has released version 2.6.15 of its SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
KV331 Audio’s SynthMaster Player with SM-800x skin.
This major update brings support for Avid’s AAX format: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player now run as native 64-bit AAX instruments inside Pro Tools 11 on both Windows and Mac OS X platforms.
There are also other important additions, such as: A new skin for SynthMaster Player and more factory presets for both SynthMaster Player and Player Free.
Changes in SynthMaster v2.6.15
- Added AAX version of SynthMaster&SynthMaster Player (32/64-bits on Win/Mac platforms).
- SynthMaster Player skins are now included with SynthMaster as well.
- Added MIDI Learn for XYPad controls.
- Added delete preset feature (by right clicking on a preset).
- Added random waveform selection for oscillators (by right clicking on an osc waveform).
- Added listbox scroll using mouse wheel.
- Added preset bank import feature.
- Updated SynthMaster&SynthMaster User Manuals.
- All SynthMaster&SynthMaster Player installers are now digitally signed.
- Changed Unison implementation to better manage resources.
- Users can now set the default preset to be used when initializing a new instance’s settings.
- Users can now search presets by typing in text inside preset search textbox.
- Users can now load a preset randomly selected from current filtered presets list.
- Added SM-800X skin for SynthMaster Player.
- SynthMaster Player now contains 800 factory presets.
- SynthMaster Player free now contains 200 factory presets.
- SynthMaster AU doesn’t respond to up/down keyboard events to change current preset.
- SynthMaster VST/AU doesn’t normalize discrete parameter values between 0 and 1, causing incompatibilities with many host applications.
- Selecting a Player skin crashes SynthMaster.
- Updated factory presets that have missing easy parameters.
- SynthMaster doesn’t read samples under \SynthMaster\Samples folder.
- SynthMaster doesn’t read waveforms under My Documents< \SynthMaster\Waveforms folder.
- SynthMaster doesn’t remember the last folder presets were saved to.
- Resetting settings of a section might crash SynthMaster.
- Pasting settings of a section from clipboard might crash SynthMaster.
- Loading settings of a section from a partial preset file might crash SynthMaster.
- Changing the value of skin dropdown using mouse wheel crashes SynthMaster.
- Changing the value of scale dropdown using mouse wheel crashes SynthMaster.
- “Preset Skin”, “Polyphony”, “Preset Quality”, “Preset Scale”, “Preset Buffer Size” parameters are not saved/loaded correctly for SynthMaster Player.
The update is now available to download for Windows and Mac (incl. demo versions).
More information: KV331 Audio
New Sonic Arts has released version 1.5202 of its Granite granular texture generator instrument for Windows and Mac.
Granite’s unique sound engine melds a state-of-the-art granular processor, an innovative modulation system and a suite of grain-level FX, resulting in a degree of musicality not achieved before with granular synthesis.
Changes in Granite v1.5202
- OSX: Restored support for OSX 10.6 and 10.7.
- Preset Menu can now display and browse samples.
- Added “Saved with Samples” indicator.
- Fixed: Save with Samples when preset already contains embedded sample could fail.
Granite for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs 70 EUR. Until the end of April it is also available in a special bundle with Nuance and Granite Aura at a 40% discount.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Granite
AudioSpillage has released version 2.0.7 of DrumSpillage, the drum synthesizer instrument for Mac.
DrumSpillage is a model based drum synthesizer plugin for Mac OS X featuring 12 exclusive drum models capable of synthesizing a diverse range of electronic percussion sounds.
The models implement a variety of synthesis techniques including classic analog, physical modelling and FM synthesis.
The updates restores compatibility with OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and addresses the following issues:
- Fixed LFO tempo sync timing issues.
- Fixed UI initial sizing issues in Ableton Live 9.
- Fixed mute and solo alt key shortcut issues.
- Fixed an issue where cancelling kit/pad previews didn’t restore original settings.
- Added volume level readout on main pad editor.
DrumSpillage for Mac (AU) costs £75 GBP. Until April 30th, it is 25% off as part of AudioSpillage’s Spring Sale.
More information: AudioSpillage / DrumSpillage
Rob Papen has launched eXplorer III, an upgrade to the bundle of virtual instruments and effects by Rob Papen.
Rob Papen is one of the world´s leading sound designers and over the last few years he has released a series of multi-award winning high quality software plug-ins which have become essential tools for many of the world´s leading music producers. Now you can purchase the whole Rob Papen collection in one single package – eXplorer 3.
Combining all Rob Papen virtual synths plus the company´s four award winning effects plug-ins, eXplorer 3 provides all the tools you need for contemporary music production including thousands of rich, complex, track-ready presets created by Rob Papen and guest artists including acclaimed DnB artists Noisia.
Since eXplorer was first released in 2011, it has been updated to include Punch, Blade and now Blue 2, RP-AMOD and Predator FX at no extra cost, so now more than ever eXplorer 3 represents fantastic value for money!
eXplorer III features
- Blade: The cutting edge of today’s synthesizers!
- Punch: Speaker busting and body rattling drum machine.
- BLUE-II: Cross-fusion synthesis, FM, phase distortion, wave shapping & subtractive.
- SubBoomBass: Ultra-deep groove bass synth with built-in step sequencer.
- Predator: Phat analoge synth with killer presets and first class features.
- PredatorFX: Filter, modulation, vocoder and effects plug-in.
- RG: Electric & acoustic guitar grooves with sequencer and synth effects.
- RP-Delay: Delay insanity. reverser, 6 lines, 8 filters, 4 LFOs & more.
- RP-Verb: An advanced, transparent and musical algorithm reverb with easy controls.
- RP-Distort: Wicked FX unit that will distort or alter your tracks.
- RP-Amod: Spice up your vocal track, liven an instrument and even beef up your drums.
- PunchBD: In the near future.
The bundle is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX), priced at 585 EUR (incl. VAT) / $699 USD. Owners of previous eXplorer bundles can upgrade by logging into their Rob Papen account.
More information: Rob Papen / eXplorer III
Togu Audio Line has updated its TAL-BassLine-101 and TAL-U-NO-LX synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
We updated TAL-BassLine-101 and TAL-U-NO-LX-V2. This update adds a global MIDI Program Change switch to disable MIDI program changes.
We had to remove default preset loading while starting a new instance to allow a clean loading of the plug-in state in some hosts. We also fixed that.
Changes in BassLine-101 v1.41 & U-NO-LX v2.41
- Default preset loading while loading a new plug-in instance removed. This fixes a preset loading issue in ableton live OSX.
- MIDI program change disable switch in menu.
- Automation-Lag in ableton live fixed (1.41, 2.41).
The synth plug-ins are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX), priced at $60 USD.
More information: Togu Audio Line
Odo Synths has announced the release of version 3.0 of its Dream 64, a free chip synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an SID emulator, but it’s a plug-in that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music. It’s inspired by the SID chip from the old but good Commodore c64 but with some extra features for fun.
Dream 64 v3.0 features
- All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Start-step never can be higher than the end.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one manual rate.
- 8 step Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 8 step Arp sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- 8 step Ring modulation sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- A Bitcrusher only for the ringmod. This is nice if you use the Wavetable.
- 16 step easy to edit filter-sequencer. Can be used for nice bass sounds because it has an end step (will sustain).
- Waveforms for the oscillator are saw, triangle, pulse, noise, ringmod mode. The noise is very special – it can be pitched by key or fixed.
- Oscillator octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from c to c3 and one c4 note and a bitcrusher (this is nice for the wavetable sequencer).
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and manual with inverter.
- The LFOs can start (key sync) (host sync) and (free run).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes with inverter and BPM retrigger.
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Reset most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- Bitcrusher before and after filter.
Dream 64 for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths