Plugin Boutique has announced a limited time sale on Togu Audio Line plug-ins, offering a 40% discount on the TAL-BassLine-101 and TAL-U-NO-LX synthesizer instruments.
TAL-BassLine-101 is a monophonic bass synthesizer with a classic analogue sound. The GUI is intuitive and easy to use. It produces the raw sound you know from analogue devices without any effects. BassLine has a very smooth and authentic analogue sounding 24dB zero feedback delay resonance low pass filter. Especially designed and calibrated for extreme settings. It sounds even smooth with a lot resonance and a high oscillator pitch. Details as envelope transitions between overlapping notes are carefully modeled. The oscillators do not use any samples. BassLine generates all wave-forms in real time.
TAL-U-NO-LX is an emulation of the popular 80’s hardware synthesizer. Up to date zero feedback delay filters and carefully calibrated controls make this plugin a good replacement for the analog device with all the advantages software plugins have. As an addition, the TAL_U-NO-LX also supports portamento and different filter LFO waveforms and some more useful features. The arpeggiator with different sync modes and hold function is also included. A very fast envelope with a smooth roll-off, emulated inaccuracy and a very smooth filter sound gives this synth the typical sound. The synth was calibrated after a hardware device that’s property of TAL.
The plug-ins are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) from Plugin Boutique at a 40% discount until October 27th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Togu Audio Line
Loomer has released version 1.7.17 of Aspect, a synthesizer instrument for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Aspect is a 32-note polyphonic software instrument that combines a great-sounding, powerful synthesis engine, with a flexible semi-modular architecture and unparalleled ease of use. The core of Aspect’s superb sound are two analog modeled oscillators, each capable of producing a powerful selection of raw waveforms, and dual filters that can be routed in series, in parallel, or even blended into unique combinations.
Changes in Aspect v1.7.17
- New: AAX 64-bit Native plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Fixed (Mac OS X VST): UI now renders correctly on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Fixed: Polyphonic aftertouch now works correctly for all presets.
- Feature: Keyboard entry of rotary parameter values. Rotary controls can now be typed directly into by clicking on the text value below the control.
- Improvement: Improved performance on real-time and very low-latency systems.
- Improvement (Windows): The 32-bit and 64-bit VST plug-ins are now installed as separate components. You can choose which one (s) to install, as well as selecting different install folders for each architecture.
- Feature (Linux): Added “Show Directory” to the preset browser, which will will reveal the selected preset directory in your window manager.
- Improvement (Mac OS X): Installer and all installed components are now signed in compliance with Mac OS X’s Gatekeeper system.
- Improvement: Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
- Improvement (Linux): Presets and configuration files are now located to comply with the XDG Base Directory Specification. Older installations will still use any existing preset library location to maintain backwards compatibility.
- Fixed (Mac OS X Audio Unit): Fixed minor memory leak in parameter names.
Aspect is available for purchase for £65 GBP (excl. VAT).
More information: Loomer / Aspect
Rob Papen has introduced QUAD, a synthesizer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
QUAD is the first Rack Extension synthesizer built from the ground up for Reason by the Rob Papen team. It features two oscillators with a seemingly simple arsenal of classic waveforms. The sonic palette is huge though, through the vast modulation possibilities that QUAD has to offer.
The oscillators can be combined through many cross modulation functions – generating a wide range of harmonics. The next steps in the sound sculpting are the Phase Distortion and Wave Shaper. These tools are brought to life by four XY-Pads, which can be moved through an extensive modulation matrix. The movements can be recorded as automation directly into Reason’s sequencer.
QUAD’s oscillators are complemented by two top notch analogue modelled filters, an arpeggiator and two high quality effects processors.
Welcome to the new refreshing synthesizer QUAD – only in Reason!
QUAD will be available soon.
More information: Rob Papen
Manda Audio has set free its MT Power Drum Kit 2, a multi layer drum instrument for Windows and Mac.
The MT Power Drum Kit is a new drum sampler offering the powerful, high-quality sounds of an acoustic, realistic drum kit. Samples have been specially recorded and processed to make them ideally suited to use in pop, rock and metal productions.
The MT Power Drum Kit Sampler differs from other, expensive drum samplers in that we have already pre-processed the sounds with compressors and EQs to make them a perfect fit for any mix. That’s important, since this is precisely where many drum sample programs are weakest. Some of the expensive plugins available on the market deliver a highly natural and dynamic drum kit sound as a solo instrument, but many fail as soon as they are supposed to be used for a complete mix in a powerful pop or rock production. Either the kick drum suddenly sounds much too slack or fuzzy in the mix, or the snare drum, which initially sounds so natural and dynamic, in solo mode suddenly gets lost in the background in the overall mix, drowned out by the guitars and other instruments. But this is exactly where the MT Power Drum Kit is strongest. Its kick and snare drums come through clearly in any mixing situation – and still sound natural and not overly compressed.
MT Power Drum Kit 2 is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Manda Audio
Xfer Records has updated its Serum wavetable synthesizer instrument to version 1.01, introducing new features, enhancements and various fixes and improvements.
The dream synthesizer did not seem to exist: a wavetable synthesizer with a truly high-quality sound, visual and creative workflow-oriented interface to make creating and altering sounds fun instead of tedious, and the ability to “go deep” when desired – to create / import / edit / morph wavetables, and manipulate these on playback in real-time.
Changes in Serum v1.01
- added: reduced memory footprint by over 200 MB per instance.
- added: Export 16-bit wav option to the Export menu.
- added: pitch-bend will now send and receive automation.
- added: user-loaded wavetables will now display the original custom WT file name in re-opened patches.
- added: alt-clicking an FX “bypass” button (right edge of FX rack) will set all enabled FX to that state.
- added: modified/save-able wavetables now draw a faint-blue in the background of table name, to help indicate edited state.
- added: text parameter displays (e.g. Octave, delay time, etc) respond to mouse wheel events.
- added: Aftertouch is now smoothed to prevent quick discrete jumps (zippering).
- added: A default MIDI controller map is now supported: a map saved as ‘efault.mmp” will autoload and persist preset loading.
- added: mouse-down on controls displays parameter value (no longer requires ‘knob’ movement for value ‘tooltip’ display).
- added: CPU reduction for Windows VST_x64 + AAX versions.
- fixed: OS X: a potential crash opening the GUI in Logic X.
- fixed: OS X: ctrl-click (right-click substitute) on LFO or FFT context menu was not working on 64-bit hosts.
- fixed: WIN: GUI Fix for mouse cursor changing to a ‘wait’ cursor when leaving.
- fixed: WIN: Serum Presets folder automatically selected in default location.
- fixed: WIN: Cancelling a file dialog was resulting in MACRO1 name getting selected for text entry.
- fixed: WIN: keyboard focus for text entry was impossible in FL Studio.
- fixed: GUI: needed to re-select noise tool for noise to reference current frame.
- fixed: GUI: issues with location of ‘value tips’ drawing.
- fixed: GUI: context menu pop-up location for FX controls was offset from click location.
- fixed: GUI: animation would not continue when a voice was stolen in b4.
- fixed: GUI: FFT bin values when drawing the the mouse were incorrect in b3.
- fixed: GUI: poly/mono shader was not always updating state in b3.
- fixed: GUI: additional multiple-checkmark bugs in menus.
- fixed: GUI: expanded mouse-click area on FX switches (E.G ‘BPM’ Switches) to include more mouseable area on the label.
- fixed: GUI: multi band comp metering would not always display on some hosts.
- fixed: GUI: shift-alt-click to toggle Uni/Bi on lower knobs which are valid mod destinations (ADHSR, LFO rate) were not functioning correctly.
- fixed: GUI: checkmark bugs in menus (multiple checked items or checkmark not updating with <> advance buttons).
- fixed: GUI: Asym+ and – were represented as the opposite in 2d waveform (compared to audio).
- fixed: GUI: last LFO line segment could become a ‘phantom segment’ if multiselected and double-clicking to remove the right-most removable point.
- fixed: GUI: undo buffer was allowing undo when it shouldn’t have been possible on windows.
- fixed: DSP: enabling mono with more than one note sounding could lead to a stuck note.
- fixed: DSP: LFO Rate was still not acting polyphonic with a lot of mod sources.
- fixed: DSP: wet/dry mix on filters had no effect on L6 and H6.
- fixed: DSP: crash protection for changing warp mode with notes playing.
- fixed: DSP: crash protection for adding/removing modulation assignments with notes playing.
- fixed: DSP: potential stuck notes when exceeding patch polyphony w/ “allow one of any given note number” preference enabled.
- fixed: DSP: a problem with the phaser Freq at highest frequency settings causing potential DSP overload.
- fixed: DSP: WTPos being set to maximum value via modulation assignments could crash on first note on.
- fixed: DSP: FX filters were not completely initializing on preset changes which could lead to audio dropout or a crash on preset change.
- fixed: DSP: a problem with formulas with ‘rint’ not working (rounded integer).
- fixed: DSP: threading issue could lead to garbled sound on the playing note or a crash when add/removing tables from the WT editor with a note held.
- fixed: DSP: LFO rate as a mod destination would only process on the most recent note.
- fixed: DSP: linking note number or velocity to Warp amount could crash in some situations.
- fixed: DSP: potential crash relating to new notes and LFO/Env modulation.
- fixed: DSP: potential crash after saving a MIDI map.
- fixed: DSP: potential crash with mono toggle button while notes are playing.
Serum for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase at a 33% discount until October 31st, 2014. The update is free to existing Serum users.
More information: Xfer Records / Serum
More posts that match this tag
MeldaProduction has released version 5.02 of MDrummer, a virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac. MDrummer has been updated to 5.02 bringing several improvements (user interface, MAmp plugin, song tab features…), optimizations and fixes. It … read more
Soundlib has released version 2.1 of G-Player, a Gigastudio file player instrument for Windows and Mac. Forget converting and importing with random results. Save time and disk space. G-Player plays all your Gigastudio™ sound libraries … read more
Plugin Boutique has released version 1.01 of VirtualCZ, a synthesizer instrument inspired by the Casio CZ series of digital synthesizers. Many people fondly remember the CZ synths and they have become retro-classics that are highly … read more
Today is the last day to get 30% off u-he’s new Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. Bazille is a large modular system combining digital oscillators with analogue-style filters and modelled effects, … read more
Outbound link: u-he
– Related: AAX
, instrument plugins
Posted in archive
on Oct 15, 2014 - 0 comments
Way Out Ware and Sonivox have teamed up to re-release TimewARP 2600, a synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows and Mac. TimewARP 2600 is now also available in 64-bit with added support for OS X 10.9 … read more
Sinevibes has announced full compatibility of its Audio Unit plugins with the upcoming OS X 10.10 Yosemite. All of its current plugins have been successfully tested on OS X 10.10 with latest Logic Pro X … read more
Resonance Sound has launched MonoGrizzly 2.0, a monophonic and analog modelled synth for raw and wild analog styled bass and synth sounds. After some years in the cage, the MonoGrizzly 2 has finally grown to … read more
Being a fan of the original ElectraX synthesizer, I was really looking forward to see how Tone2 would push forward with the successor, Electra2. The award winning Electra2 is not only one of the most … read more
de la Mancha has set free loophole, a midi-triggered loop sampler, and Impakter, a vintage drum module plugin containing 320 samples of original drum sounds generated on analogue synths and drum machines. Thank you to … read more
Physical Music has updated the TimeFreezer plug-in for Windows and Mac. In the analyser there is now the “stabilisator”, an algorithm that recognizes more precisely stable portions of waves. There are two consequences of that: … read more
Image-Line has released a new Alpha 7 update of its Mac OS X VST plug-ins. Mac OS X VST plugins – Alpha 7 is now available so users can Alpha test Edison, Gross Beat, Harmless, … read more
Plugin Boutique has launched a Flash Friday Sale on Elecktroid, the drum machine instrument plug-in for Mac by AudioSpillage. Elecktroid blends synthesis and sample playback in a single integrated package. Combine the depth and power … read more
Amaranth Audio has released version 1.6 of its Cycle spectral vertex synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. Cycle was designed to excel in two frontiers: timbral complexity and timbral variation with time. Cycle is ideal … read more
Humanoid Sound Systems has launched a Spooky Sale, offering a 20% discount on its plugins and sound packs for a limited time. Everything on site 20% off until witching hour…………. 12 midnight (GMT/UTC) on Halloween … read more
Sound Guru has released version 0.8 beta of The Mangle, a granular sampler instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac. There’s no better way to explore granular soundscapes. Fully automatable in your DAW, multi-timbral, and simple … read more