Rob Papen has launched eXplorer III, an upgrade to the bundle of virtual instruments and effects by Rob Papen.
Rob Papen is one of the world´s leading sound designers and over the last few years he has released a series of multi-award winning high quality software plug-ins which have become essential tools for many of the world´s leading music producers. Now you can purchase the whole Rob Papen collection in one single package – eXplorer 3.
Combining all Rob Papen virtual synths plus the company´s four award winning effects plug-ins, eXplorer 3 provides all the tools you need for contemporary music production including thousands of rich, complex, track-ready presets created by Rob Papen and guest artists including acclaimed DnB artists Noisia.
Since eXplorer was first released in 2011, it has been updated to include Punch, Blade and now Blue 2, RP-AMOD and Predator FX at no extra cost, so now more than ever eXplorer 3 represents fantastic value for money!
eXplorer III features
- Blade: The cutting edge of today’s synthesizers!
- Punch: Speaker busting and body rattling drum machine.
- BLUE-II: Cross-fusion synthesis, FM, phase distortion, wave shapping & subtractive.
- SubBoomBass: Ultra-deep groove bass synth with built-in step sequencer.
- Predator: Phat analoge synth with killer presets and first class features.
- PredatorFX: Filter, modulation, vocoder and effects plug-in.
- RG: Electric & acoustic guitar grooves with sequencer and synth effects.
- RP-Delay: Delay insanity. reverser, 6 lines, 8 filters, 4 LFOs & more.
- RP-Verb: An advanced, transparent and musical algorithm reverb with easy controls.
- RP-Distort: Wicked FX unit that will distort or alter your tracks.
- RP-Amod: Spice up your vocal track, liven an instrument and even beef up your drums.
- PunchBD: In the near future.
The bundle is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX), priced at 585 EUR (incl. VAT) / $699 USD. Owners of previous eXplorer bundles can upgrade by logging into their Rob Papen account.
More information: Rob Papen / eXplorer III
Togu Audio Line has updated its TAL-BassLine-101 and TAL-U-NO-LX synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
We updated TAL-BassLine-101 and TAL-U-NO-LX-V2. This update adds a global MIDI Program Change switch to disable MIDI program changes.
We had to remove default preset loading while starting a new instance to allow a clean loading of the plug-in state in some hosts. We also fixed that.
Changes in BassLine-101 v1.41 & U-NO-LX v2.41
- Default preset loading while loading a new plug-in instance removed. This fixes a preset loading issue in ableton live OSX.
- MIDI program change disable switch in menu.
- Automation-Lag in ableton live fixed (1.41, 2.41).
The synth plug-ins are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX), priced at $60 USD.
More information: Togu Audio Line
Odo Synths has announced the release of version 3.0 of its Dream 64, a free chip synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an SID emulator, but it’s a plug-in that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music. It’s inspired by the SID chip from the old but good Commodore c64 but with some extra features for fun.
Dream 64 v3.0 features
- All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Start-step never can be higher than the end.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one manual rate.
- 8 step Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 8 step Arp sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- 8 step Ring modulation sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- A Bitcrusher only for the ringmod. This is nice if you use the Wavetable.
- 16 step easy to edit filter-sequencer. Can be used for nice bass sounds because it has an end step (will sustain).
- Waveforms for the oscillator are saw, triangle, pulse, noise, ringmod mode. The noise is very special – it can be pitched by key or fixed.
- Oscillator octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from c to c3 and one c4 note and a bitcrusher (this is nice for the wavetable sequencer).
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and manual with inverter.
- The LFOs can start (key sync) (host sync) and (free run).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes with inverter and BPM retrigger.
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Reset most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- Bitcrusher before and after filter.
Dream 64 for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths
Cableguys has announced updates for its Curve, FilterShaper and WaveShaper CM plug-ins.
In some setups, using a flat waveform in an oscillator could lead to erroneous output in Curve, which we fixed. And we’ve also fixed a UI bug which could occur after editing macros in Curve or MIDI assignments in Curve, FilterShaper or WaveShaper CM. Download the new versions of Curve and FilterShaper.
You can get Curve 2 CM and WaveShaper CM for free with Computer Music Magazine and Curve 2 BE for free with the German Beat Magazine.
More information: Cableguys
AudioThing has released ChromaKey in AU/VST plug-in and Kontakt formats.
Interface of the VST/AU plug-in version of ChromaKey.
ChromaKey is a collection of sounds ported to Kontakt and VST/AU plugin from AudioThing’s soundset for AAS Chromaphone. It features 60 patches divided in 6 categories: Keys, Pads, Plucked Strings, Sequences, Soundscapes, and Various.
Chromaphone physical modelling synthesis combines acoustic resonators to produce dynamic and expressive sounds. Despite the Chromaphone tagline “creative percussion synthesizer”, ChromaKey focuses entirely on hybrid and organic melodic sounds.
ChromaKey for Kontakt & VST/AU features
- 60 Instruments.
- 6 Categories.
- 616 Samples (44.1kHz / 24-bit).
- Format: Kontakt 4/5, VST, AU.
- Platforms: OS X, Windows.
- Size: Kontakt 465 MB, VST/AU: MAC 430 MB / PC 285 MB.
The plugin/library is available for purchase for the introductory price of 9 EUR until April 28th, 2014 with coupon code 3YRS (regular price 12 EUR).
More information: AudioThing / ChromaKey
Monoplugs has released version 1.2 of B-Step Sequencer, a melodic, chord based step sequencer, now also available as a standalone app for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The standalone version of B-Step you can sync via MIDI Clock to your DAW or MIDI hardware. Also you can run the sequencer as MIDI Clock master and sync your devices to B-Step.
In B-Step Sequencer 1.2 Monoplugs have improved the chord editor, added some new features to the sequencer and cleaned up a lot of things to make it much more usable than before.
Now you can import/export your projects, MIDI controller maps, chord sets and presets from/to file and share them between the standalone and VST version or with your friends.
Changes in B-Step Sequencer v1.2
- Stop playing notes if playback stops.
- Add Error messages if a MIDI port is not able to open (have a look in our forum to fix issues on Windows).
- MIDI learn map will not loaded correctly.
- MIDI Thru bug.
- Restore MIDI ports on reopen B-Step.
- Sequencer Settings:
- Add clock thru option in standalone.
- Add export/import project files.
- Add export/import chord presets.
- Add export/import MIDI maps.
- Add some project presets & chord presets.
- Sequencer Features:
- Add mute-chain | you can now play empty bars or mute a bar in the chain.
- Add master track octave offset rotaries.
- Add what’s the next bar in the chain marker.
- Add panic button.
- MIDI learn (new design):
- Add Feedback.
- Change the editor layout and MIDI learn handling.
- User Interface:
- Clean up settings editor.
- Clean up main interface.
- Add tree different colour setups.
- Remove step was enabled marker.
- Add bar copy support (hold down one bar button (source) and click a other bar button (target)).
- Change default MIDI channel to 1.
B-Step Sequencer is available for purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: Monoplugs
Time+Space has announced that EZdrummer users can now pre-order their upgrade to the upcoming EZdrummer 2 virtual drum instrument by Toontrack.
From today you can get a step closer to adding EZdrummer 2 to your set-up as Toontrack launch pre-orders on the EZdrummer 2 Upgrade.
Buy the Upgrade now and you’ll receive your serial number straight away. Register it at toontrack.com and on May 6th, EZDrummer 2 will be in your account and ready for you download!
Plus, buy your Upgrade from Time+Space and they’ll send you Ask Video’s forthcoming EZdrummer 2 Explored tutorial video for free when it’s released in May!
The upgrade to EZdrummer 2 is available for pre-order at Time+Space, priced at SRP £57 GBP / 69 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / EZdrummer 2 Upgrade
Admiral Quality has announced a limited time sale, offering a 66.6% discount on its synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
We hardly ever do this, but in celebration of the coming holiday and, frankly, because the Admiral is hungry and trying to keep a roof over his head and his internet on, we’re going to offer our biggest discount yet until the end of the month. Prices of Poly-Ana and L’il Poly-Ana are slashed to 1/3 normal! That’s right, until May 1, 2014, a positively evil 66.6% off!
We also have some new products and updates coming very soon, including support for x64 on OSX. So stay tuned, and please help spread the word about our sale. It will help us get those other projects completed over the coming days and weeks.
The sale ends May 1st, 2014.
More information: Admiral Quality