Full Bucket Music has released Nabla, a free string synthesizer instrument for Windows.
The Nabla is a VST™2.4 software instrument for Microsoft Windows® simulating the KORG Delta DL-50 Strings Synthesizer from 1979. Is is written in native C++ code for high performance and low CPU consumption.
- Paraphonic Synthesizer and Strings sections.
- Up to 64 voices polyphony.
- Synthesizer section:
- Four band-limited frequency divider-driven signal generators.
- Additional noise generator.
- 4-pole zero-delay feedback bandpass/lowpass filter.
- Strings section:
- Two band-limited frequency divider-driven signal generators.
- 2-band equalizer.
- Ensemble effect.
- Flexible pitch/filter modulation by LFO or noise.
- Tweaks (not to be found in the original Delta):
- “GOD Mode” to provide true polyphony.
- Panning for Synthesizer/Strings sections.
- Built-in phaser and delay effects.
- Double precision audio processing.
- All parameters can be controlled by MIDI controllers.
- Plug-in comes in 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
- Fully compatible with SM Pro Audio’s V-Machine™.
The plug-in is available to download as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: Full Bucket Music / Nabla
KV331 Audio has announced the release of its SynthMaster Player and SynthMaster Player Free synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
SynthMaster Player is a simplified version of SynthMaster targeted at musicians who use presets rather than create their own during music production.
SynthMaster Player features
- Includes 600 presets selected from SynthMaster’s factory library.
- Allows editing of 12 easy parameters, assigned by the sound designer for each preset.
- Turn on/off effects assigned by the sound designer for each preset.
- Purchase and use preset banks released by KV331 Audio.
SynthMaster Player is for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS, AAX support coming soon) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $19 USD until April 1st, 2014 (regular $29 USD). SynthMaster Player Free comes with 150 presets selected from SynthMaster’s factory library. The free player is available for download at KV331 Audio.
More information: KV331 Audio
Glitchmachines has released version 1.1 of Polygon, a sampler plugin designed to facilitate the creation of stunning composite sound effects.
Co-developed by Ivo Ivanov and Thomas Hennebert, Polygon was conceived from the ground up with unconventional attributes and a fast, forward-thinking workflow.
Layering samples is only the beginning. Polygon’s unique granular mode will bend your samples into fresh material while its clean and logical interface, extensive modulation options and distinctive sonic fingerprint make it an invaluable tool for creative sound design.
Changes in Polygon v1.1
- New features:
- new glide controls for each sampler as well as the sub oscillator + master glide offset.
- new solo function for each sampler and the sub oscillator.
- the effects processors can now be chained.
- tooltips showing the current values of knobs/sliders upon mouse hover.
- new waveform display with adaptive zooming to the current sample focus.
- you can now drag & drop samples from the Finder/Explorer to the sample slots.
- save a preset with copies of the samples used in a special folder for preset portability.
- new option in the menu for opening the Finder/Explorer at the presets folder location.
- UI refinements with improved contrast and new knob design.
- knobs now have a distinct indicator if their parameters are targeted by a modulator.
- new preset menu using columns for easier navigation.
- new factory presets by Subjex.
- Performance enhancements:
- numerous refinements to reduce CPU load.
- HQ mode: when de-activated can further reduce CPU load.
- fixed : some parameters would not update properly at sample rates higher than 44.1kHz.
- fixed : on preset change the sample folders paths (for file navigation using the arrows) would not update properly.
- fixed : loop mode broken if focus set to 100%.
- fixed : buttons and menus would capture the “Enter” key.
- fixed : the stutter effect could get stuck looping a short click.
- fixed : sample reverse misbehavior.
Polygon for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Glitchmachines / Polygon
LinPlug has announced updates to its Albino, MorphoX, and relectro plug-ins.
Today we roll out the last part of our updates, releasing new versions of relectro, MorphoX and the discontinued Rob Papen Albino. Whats finally missing is an update for Alpha, for good reason: The Alpha just goes through a more substantial update of its user interface.
Having said this, this also applies to MorphoX somewhat, adding a number of features we first introduced in Spectral. The complete list of changes follows below.
Changes in LinPlug plug-ins
- Albino v3.2.1:
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash.
- Fixed Silk Filter panning not working.
- relectro v1.0.3:
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash.
- MorphoX v1.1.0:
- Reworked User Interface, slightly larger, now scaleable.
- Pitch Bend setting is now saved per preset (not global anymore).
- Voices label now acts as Activity-Indicator / Trigger.
- Preset Browser now full size (no popup menu anymore).
- New Aftertouch / Modulation Controller mapping.
- A couple of new Options to adjust MorphoX behaviour in the DAW.
- Fixed possible crashes of 64 bit PC version when loading presets.
- Fixed bug: Position of Morph Wheel could get lost upon preset change.
The updates are now available to download for registered users. The demo versions of MorphoX and relectro are also updated.
More information: LinPlug
Psychic Modulation has announced the release of Dubtron2, a bass synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dubtron2 takes Dubtron’s modulation-based concept into new territory, exploring quirky analogue basses, modern rhythmic soundscapes, chilly dub techno and experimental ambient textures.
Dubtron2 uses beat-driven modulation and sub-rhythms along with randomization to bring about interesting rhythmic sounds and atmospheres.
This along with it’s serial filter system, a feedback-looping dub delay and a “Phonec-style” Melt feature makes Dubtron2 a extremely versatile instrument with a unique approach to sonic exploration.
- Dual oscillators with Unison and Pulse Width.
- Sub oscillator with FM capabilities.
- Dual Filter system with serial routing.
- Soft clipping / Distortion.
- A unique Melt feature that adds instant character to any patch.
- 3 Polyphonic LFOs with BPM ‘speed dials’ and randomization.
- Sub LFOs for creating parallel rhythm offsets.
- 3 assignable Modulation Envelopes.
- Dub Delay Unit with feedback looping.
- Multiple targets for modwheel and pitchbender.
- Universal Value Display.
- Double Click Parameter Reset.
- 128 presets.
Dubtron2 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: Psychic Modulation / Dubtron2
, Dom Kane
, instrument plugins
, Justin Harris
, Meat Katie
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Feb 28, 2014
Plugin Boutique has announced a flash sale on Z3TA+ 2, offering the virtual synthesizer instrument from Cakewalk at a 50% discount for a limited time. The sale also includes 45 presets by Dom Kane, Meat Katie, and Justin Harris.
The legendary waveshaping sound of Z3TA+ (zay’-ta) is back – and better than ever. New filters, modulatable waveshapers, flexible effects, expressive control and a gorgeous new interface make Z3TA+ 2 one seriously powerful synth.
It’s not often that a soft synth can be called a classic, but in the case of Z3TA+ it’s definitely appropriate. Used on countless tracks over the past decade, Z3TA+’s distinctive sound has been a staple of electronic artists the world over.
Z3TA+ 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is 50% off at Plugin Boutique until March 3rd, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Z3TA+ 2
Cableguys has updated all of its instrument and effect plug-ins, including Beat Edition and Computer Music editions.
The update includes a new version of the Curve 2 synthesizer instrument.
All our plugins now feature multi-selection of waveform points via ALT-click, to move, scale, mirror or delete multiple points at once — for even more comfortable and faster waveform editing.
And we’ve updated all of them to the latest Cableguys codebase, bringing small bug fixes, a reduced CPU usage and smoother UI control.
The new versions are now available to download (demos also updated). PanCake 2 is a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS).
More information: Cableguys
DLD Technology has launched Snakebite, a mono-synthesizer Rack Extension instrument for Propellerhead Reason.
Snakebite is a hybrid digital analog synthesizer which is designed to make sounds that aren’t possible using traditional virtual analog (VA) synth design.
- Triple oscillator with variable shape and morph controls.
- 18db highly resonant low pass filter.
- Venom control for filter overdrive.
- Pre-filter bitcrush for extra harmonics.
- Bucket Brigade Device (BBD) delay.
- Binaural sub audio bass (8-15Hz).
- Flexible matrix LFO / CV routing.
- Low DSP usage.
- Glowing snake eyes(!)
Snakebite is available to purchase for 25 EUR.
More information: DLD Technology / Snakebite