Cableguys has announced updates for its Curve, FilterShaper and WaveShaper CM plug-ins.
In some setups, using a flat waveform in an oscillator could lead to erroneous output in Curve, which we fixed. And we’ve also fixed a UI bug which could occur after editing macros in Curve or MIDI assignments in Curve, FilterShaper or WaveShaper CM. Download the new versions of Curve and FilterShaper.
You can get Curve 2 CM and WaveShaper CM for free with Computer Music Magazine and Curve 2 BE for free with the German Beat Magazine.
More information: Cableguys
AudioThing has released ChromaKey in AU/VST plug-in and Kontakt formats.
Interface of the VST/AU plug-in version of ChromaKey.
ChromaKey is a collection of sounds ported to Kontakt and VST/AU plugin from AudioThing’s soundset for AAS Chromaphone. It features 60 patches divided in 6 categories: Keys, Pads, Plucked Strings, Sequences, Soundscapes, and Various.
Chromaphone physical modelling synthesis combines acoustic resonators to produce dynamic and expressive sounds. Despite the Chromaphone tagline “creative percussion synthesizer”, ChromaKey focuses entirely on hybrid and organic melodic sounds.
ChromaKey for Kontakt & VST/AU features
- 60 Instruments.
- 6 Categories.
- 616 Samples (44.1kHz / 24-bit).
- Format: Kontakt 4/5, VST, AU.
- Platforms: OS X, Windows.
- Size: Kontakt 465 MB, VST/AU: MAC 430 MB / PC 285 MB.
The plugin/library is available for purchase for the introductory price of 9 EUR until April 28th, 2014 with coupon code 3YRS (regular price 12 EUR).
More information: AudioThing / ChromaKey
Monoplugs has released version 1.2 of B-Step Sequencer, a melodic, chord based step sequencer, now also available as a standalone app for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The standalone version of B-Step you can sync via MIDI Clock to your DAW or MIDI hardware. Also you can run the sequencer as MIDI Clock master and sync your devices to B-Step.
In B-Step Sequencer 1.2 Monoplugs have improved the chord editor, added some new features to the sequencer and cleaned up a lot of things to make it much more usable than before.
Now you can import/export your projects, MIDI controller maps, chord sets and presets from/to file and share them between the standalone and VST version or with your friends.
Changes in B-Step Sequencer v1.2
- Stop playing notes if playback stops.
- Add Error messages if a MIDI port is not able to open (have a look in our forum to fix issues on Windows).
- MIDI learn map will not loaded correctly.
- MIDI Thru bug.
- Restore MIDI ports on reopen B-Step.
- Sequencer Settings:
- Add clock thru option in standalone.
- Add export/import project files.
- Add export/import chord presets.
- Add export/import MIDI maps.
- Add some project presets & chord presets.
- Sequencer Features:
- Add mute-chain | you can now play empty bars or mute a bar in the chain.
- Add master track octave offset rotaries.
- Add what’s the next bar in the chain marker.
- Add panic button.
- MIDI learn (new design):
- Add Feedback.
- Change the editor layout and MIDI learn handling.
- User Interface:
- Clean up settings editor.
- Clean up main interface.
- Add tree different colour setups.
- Remove step was enabled marker.
- Add bar copy support (hold down one bar button (source) and click a other bar button (target)).
- Change default MIDI channel to 1.
B-Step Sequencer is available for purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: Monoplugs
Time+Space has announced that EZdrummer users can now pre-order their upgrade to the upcoming EZdrummer 2 virtual drum instrument by Toontrack.
From today you can get a step closer to adding EZdrummer 2 to your set-up as Toontrack launch pre-orders on the EZdrummer 2 Upgrade.
Buy the Upgrade now and you’ll receive your serial number straight away. Register it at toontrack.com and on May 6th, EZDrummer 2 will be in your account and ready for you download!
Plus, buy your Upgrade from Time+Space and they’ll send you Ask Video’s forthcoming EZdrummer 2 Explored tutorial video for free when it’s released in May!
The upgrade to EZdrummer 2 is available for pre-order at Time+Space, priced at SRP £57 GBP / 69 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / EZdrummer 2 Upgrade
Admiral Quality has announced a limited time sale, offering a 66.6% discount on its synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
We hardly ever do this, but in celebration of the coming holiday and, frankly, because the Admiral is hungry and trying to keep a roof over his head and his internet on, we’re going to offer our biggest discount yet until the end of the month. Prices of Poly-Ana and L’il Poly-Ana are slashed to 1/3 normal! That’s right, until May 1, 2014, a positively evil 66.6% off!
We also have some new products and updates coming very soon, including support for x64 on OSX. So stay tuned, and please help spread the word about our sale. It will help us get those other projects completed over the coming days and weeks.
The sale ends May 1st, 2014.
More information: Admiral Quality
, instrument plugins
, New Sonic Arts
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 16, 2014 - 0 comments
New Sonic Arts has announced its Easter Sale, offering a bundle of Granite, Nuance, and Granite Aura at a discounted price for a limited time.
Before the end of April, pick up our entire suite of products for an unbelievable price. With more than 40% savings, now is the perfect time to discover the outstanding sound and next-generation workflow of New Sonic Arts.
Visit www.newsonicarts.com to download demos, check out audio examples and find out more.
The bundle is available for 99 EUR/$119 USD until April 30th, 2014.
More information: New Sonic Arts
LinPlug has released version 3.3 of its Alpha synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Built since 2001, version 3 since 2007, now its updated again. Version 3.3 is coming in 4 flavours.
One of the most classic virtual instruments ever: our Alpha 3.3 Classic Synthesizer.
Changes in Alpha v3.3
- New, scale-able User Interface.
- New full window bank/preset browser.
- Undo / redo functionality.
- Noise now in three colours: white, pink and brown.
- Prev/next switch for browsing through oscillator waveforms.
- Pitch bend range now saved per preset.
- Matrix now with 11 slots.
- Filter drive/saturation now as destination in the matrix.
- Main pan position now as destination in the matrix.
- New random and alternate modulation sources.
- All LFO now with same features.
- Controller mapping for modulation wheel and aftertouch/pressure.
- Several new setup options.
Alpha for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $79 USD / 59 EUR.
More information: LinPlug / Alpha
Plugin Boutique has announced the release of BigKick, a kick drum instrument plug-in in collaboration with Credland Audio.
The drum kit is the rhythm and groove of any track and the kick drum is the hearbeat of the groove. We know how important it is to get the kick drum right in the mix. BigKick was created with the sole intention of allowing producers to achieve the results they have always wanted.
Developed to make kick drum design easy and enjoyable, BigKick has a carefully selected set of features to help you get results quickly. And, unlike many other tools, the controls are limited to values that produce useful kick drum samples. It also lets you make the best possible use of existing sound libraries in your collection.
Big Kick features
- Kick drum synthesis – can replicate the majority of today’s and yesterday’s kick sounds.
- Factory library includes >300 attack types and 110 presets.
- Tuned kick drums.
- Easily integrates with your existing sample libraries.
- Easier to use than any previous kick drum design tool.
- Drag-and-drop sample creation.
- Auto-play mode for instant start and jamming.
- No phase shift free sound shaping.
- High pass filter (again, phase shift free): avoid nasty surprises in the bottom end.
Big Kick for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for £34.95 GBP.
More information: Plugin Boutique / BigKick