Ohm Force has announced that the Minimonsta synthesizer instrument by GForce Software is 50% off for a limited time.
As you may already know the Ohm & G Forces occasionnaly team up to deliver unique emulations of cult classic analog instruments. Minimonsta is the perfect illustration of this: all the care and expertise from the GForce’s chaps driving the project while we ohmies brought code and some typicall Ohm features.
If you ever wished an ultra faithful Model – D emulation with ADSR / LFO / Midi mod curve per parameter and Melohman preset morphing octave ala Symtpohm / Ohmicide packed with a few presets (6000), this is your day. As with most of our plugins we’re glad to say that this one had both press and VIP support.
Exceptionnally priced 50% off at £69.99 inc VAT ($95.00/€85 approx,) the offer runs for a strictly limited period from Tuesday 8th April until Tuesday 15th April, 2014.
More information: GForce Software / Minimonsta
Humanoid Sound Systems has announced the release of Enzyme Player, a free version of the Enzyme synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The plugin contains the complete synthesis engine from our acclaimed Enzyme synth, which has won awards for its innovative design and sound, and has all the essentials for music creation (access to all of the parameters, and the saving of presets is available with the full version).
The synth uses a unique combination of wavetable and physical modeling synthesis to create rich, dynamic musical timbres. Hybrid Scanned / FM synthesis is also on offer for even more sonic possibilities.
Enzyme Player for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download.
More information: Humanoid Sound System / Enzyme Player
XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS 3 v2.0, an updated version of its authentic-sounding software emulation of the vintage EMS VCS3 portable analogue synthesizer.
The XILS 3 V2.0 not only emulates the Synthi (VCS 3) modular synthesizer, it also adds an emulation of the 256 Analog Sequencer, the natural companion of the VCS 3.
Is that all? No, of course, we added a SECOND Matrix, with 2 additional envelopes, one LFO, a detailed Sample and Hold module, and a Voltage processor…
And some input modules : Gate, Transient, Envelope Follower and Pitch Tracker to transform the XILS 3 into an advanced Effect Processor! This means hundreds of additional connections. Add to the pile the analog chorus with its three modes, the analog delay and the phaser… the picture emerges.
XILS 3 v2.0 features
- 6 Oscillators grouped in 3 pairs, with WaveShaping (on sine wave, saw, triangle and square).
- 1 Noise Oscillator (With Noise color).
- 1 Analog Filter, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB LowPass).
- 3 Trapezoidal Envelope Generators, Looping EG in the time of analog (Switchable to ADSR).
- 2 Polyphonic LFOs (including 1 Oscillator acting as LFO at audiorate).
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator.
- 2 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter.
- Programmable Joystick Vector Controller (up to 32+32 modulation targets).
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Envelope Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules.
- Chorus, Delay, Spring Reverb.
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Hundreds of presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers.
- Preset Database Engine (Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags).
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections.
- Instrument or Effect plug-in.
XILS 3 is available for purchase for the introductory price of 120 EUR until May 1st, 2014 (regular 149 EUR). The XILISTICS sound bank for XILS 3 with 160-plus presets (25 EUR value) is included with this offer. XILS 3 requires eLicenser or iLok.
More information: XILS-lab / XILS 3
Future Audio Workshop has released version 1.1.5 of Circle, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
With the latest release of Circle, we are finally happy to announce that we are 64 Bit ready on both OSX and Windows. This latest release is hot out of beta testing and ready for use in your music. Thanks to everyone for your patience while we prepared this release.
Changes in Circle v1.1.5
- Font renderings now fully retina.
- Main Analog Modelled Filter Algorithm’s have improved sound quality.
- Stability issues in Ableton Live on OS X have been solved.
- Windows installer now allows for optional 32-bit & 64-bit installation.
- Activation issues on Windows have been fixed.
- Many more under the interface improvements of which there are too many to mention, all helping to make Circle more stable and smooth running on OS X and Windows.
Circle is available for purchase for $69 USD / 49 EUR.
More information: Future Audio Workshop / Circle
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios
Wavosaur has released version 1.3 of its VST Speek free text-to-speech plug-in, which is now also available for the Mac OS X platform.
VST Speek and AU Speek are free text to speech plugins for recreating the sound of the Commodore 64 Software Automatic Mouth vocal synthesis software.
This is not a vocal synth like “Vocaloïd”, it’s intended to do crunchy robotic lofi techno voices!
Changes in VST Speek
- Fixed crash in Cubase when selecting preset from drop down menu.
- Added hack for Presonus Studio One : text is now editable.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Mac OS X versions now available:
- VST Speek 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
- VST Speek 32-bit Carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32 & 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32-bit carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
VST Speek is available as a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Wavosaur / VST Speek
Sonic Charge has released version 1.2 of Synplant, a synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
We decided that we could not not let you wait any longer for 64-bit compatibility so we took a lot of the new code from Synplant 2.0 and “merged” it back into 1.0.
Version 1.2 looks, sounds and behaves virtually identical to 1.0, although under the hood it uses our latest framework and libraries.
Apart from 64-bit compatibility and general performance improvements that come the new libraries, Synplant 1.2 also supports Authenticator for simpler registration.
Synplant for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $99 USD (+ VAT).
Sonic Charge also announced Cassette Recorder Audio Processor (CRAPRE), a Rack Extension effect for Propellerhead Reason.
In other news, yesterday (April 1st) saw the launch of a new Rack Extension for Reason that I co-developed with PEFF and Bitplant. It is a Cassette Recorder Audio Processor Rack Extension (CRAPRE for short) and it makes such dirty noises you will need protective gloves to handle it.
A lot of people thought it was an April Fools joke and that it was not for real, but it is, which in itself is an even better joke I guess. It is only available for sale during April after which it will be removed from the Propellerhead Shop (again for real!). Don’t miss out on it!
Crapre costs 7.50 EUR.
More information: Sonic Charge
u-he has launched the second part in a series of tutorial videos by Dan Worrall on the ACE virtual modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
ACE belongs to a new generation of synthesizers developed with the latest, fastest computers in mind. ACE offers classic modular synthesis and more at a fraction of the cost of dedicated hardware. But like its hardware forebears, you can patch any output into any input: the number of different ways to connect modules together is practically infinite. Needless to say, you will never run out of cables!
ACE for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 69 EUR.
More information: u-he / ACE