, instrument plugins
, Plugin Boutique
, Sugar Bytes
Posted in news
on Aug 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has launched a Friday Flash Sale, offering half off the Cyclop synthesizer instrument plug-in by Sugar Bytes.
A powerful monster that has grown out of all the sounds in the universe. And with it comes bass — lots of it.
Synthesis in its purest form. Spectral, digital, or fat analog. Use your own samples as a wavetable, throw effect sequencer orgies, drop on filters and make wobble basses never heard before. Cyclop is here to create new sound.
Wrap your bass around your drums like melted sugar around a hot chili pepper. Cyclop is monophic and it will blow your mind. Wobble bass? Dubstep? Do something completely new!
The sale ends August 11th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Sugar Bytes Cyclop
Audio Damage has launched Basic, a monophonic synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
While it is designed with ease-of-use, low cost, and simplicity in mind, the panel sits in front of a powerful modern synthesizer engine with an aggressive tone and self-resonating filters that scream when pushed. We’re sure every electronic musician will find a place in the mix for Basic.
- Three alias-free wavetable oscillators with six waveforms each, and oscillator sync.
- A pair of cascaded filters featuring MS20-style lowpass and highpass, and a bandpass of our own design.
- A four-waveform tempo-syncable LFO with waveshaper.
- ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter frequency.
- User-definable soft-saturation.
- A simple and easy-to-understand workflow, inspired by the classic topology of vintage analog synths like the Minimoog, SEM, and MS20, but with modern usability.
- Touchscreen-friendly and highly visible user interface.
- DRM-free, for easy installation and updating.
Basic for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $39 USD until September 4th, 2014 (regular $49 USD).
More information: Audio Damage / Basic
easy#toolz has released Mormox Imitate, a free synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
Its an „Emulation“ of a very new Hardware-synth from Greece, called „Murmux Initate“
And it has a very „simple“ Structure at Original: 2 Oscillators with Subosc, 2 waves (Saw and Pulse)
Lowpass-Filter, simple LFO, 2 Envelopes (one AD, one ADSR)… thats all
My „Emu“ has some extra Features, indeed, i have tried to receive the brilliantly easy structure.
Mormox Imitate is available to download for Windows (VST) as freeware as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
More information: easy#toolz
Mystery Islands has released version 2.0.3 of the JP-80×0 Librarian plug-in, a MIDI & SysEx AU/VSTi editor-librarian plug-in for Windows and Mac.
You ever wanted to control, automate & work with your Roland JP-8000 / JP-8080 by the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins? Now it’s possible with our Editor-Librarian plug-in that allows you to get your Hardware connected into your DAW. JP-80×0 will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your JP-8000 / JP-8080 automatically once you open your project.
Changes in JP-80×0 Librarian plug-in v2.0.3
- Saving patches in librarian now appears in pathces list.
- Saving performances in librarian now appears in performances list.
- When librarian edit mode is on, user is not able to flip between patch & performance files.
- Librarian now supports SysEx files (*.syx). Users can now freely copy their SysEx files to patches folder and view them thru the librarian.
- Demo installer now includes Mystery Islands Always Alive, Massive EDM, Alan Marcero Trance presets and Gokosouls Quarantine soundset demos.
- Saving performances now works as expected.
- After user saves or discards data from librarian, patch & performance lists will initialize to original state.
The plug-in is available for purchase for 65 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / JP-80×0 Librarian plug-in
Archetype Instruments has released Lokomotiv, a free retro style synthesizer instrument.
Lokomotiv is designed to make your sounds more powerful and create wide range of sounds way easier. It supports both Mac and Windows with native 64 bit processing.
Lokomotiv is an entry for DC’14 (KVR developer challenge 2014) and it’s FREE
- 1 X OSC (Saw+ Pulse) + 1 Sub OSC. Noise Generator.
- 1 X multimode Filter with Drive.
- 1 X LFO, 1 X Envelop Generator.
- 8 polyphonic voices, Mono and Legato mode supported.
- 64 Factory preset included.
- Native 64-bit, Mac and Windows OS supported.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Archetype Instruments
ToneCarver has released Regen, a free looper plugin developed for the KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
Regen is at its heart a looper plugin (a la Frippertronics) that is well suited for ambient/textural/soundscape type layering. It can be a simple looper but also offers deeper dive controls to modify playback of recorded material.
It features four independent loopers (“tracks”) that are built up from individually recorded audio segments (“layers”). Recorded material in the layers and tracks can be manipulated (playback rate, direction, blend, pan, level, start offset) post-recording for creative playback. Regen accepts stereo input and supports up to 4 stereo outputs. Regen allows Undo and Redo of recorded material and supports control via MIDI.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: ToneCarver / Regen
Acrobatics has released Mate, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Mate is a hands-on, simple desktop musicians friend, inspired by synthesizers of the seventies and eighties.
It produces original synth tones and reproduces strings, pianos, basses, organs and bells patches with ease, but it can also explore wild and spacey atmos using its flexible modulation options and smart programming.
- 32-bit ultra-optimized code, zero latency, samplerate independent engine.
- All sample rates supported.
- Each control is fully recordable and automatable in host.
- Most knobs & switches receive external MIDI control changes.
Mate for Windows (VST) is available to download from KVR Audio as part of the Developer Challenge 2014.
More information: Acrobatics