New Sonic Arts has released version 1.5 of Nuance, the creative sampler instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nuance 1.5 delivers a wealth of improvements and new features. Most notable are the additions of Multiple Groups and the Pad View.
The Group Manager allows the creation of multi-instruments and key-split setups, plus enhanced layering for both instruments and drums.
Furthermore, Nuance now sports 8 x Stereo Outputs, with the option to set the output for each Group or Layer.
To celebrate the release, Nuance is available for 49 EUR / $49 USD until the end of July, 2014. A demo is also available to download from the product pages.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Nuance
Mystery Islands has released version 2.0.0 rc1 of the JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian plug-in for Mac OS X.
Version 2.0.0 rc1 is early release candidate demo to hunt down any bugs you may encounter while using it. Please note revised user manual which is included with the installer and check it thru to learn more about the plug-in :) You can also download the manual from our product page.
This update is already included with the new orders. We are looking forward to your comments about the update and we will email our loyal customers with the rc1 installer later.
Changes in JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian v2.0 rc1
Request current patch from selected slot to librarian.
- Request all patches from selected bank to librarian.
- Store currently selected patch from librarian to hardware.
- Store current patch bank from librarian to hardware.
- Request temp performance data to librarian.
- Request current performance from selected slot to librarian.
- Request all performance data from selected bank to librarian.
- Store currently selected performance data from librarian to hardware.
- Store current performance bank from librarian to hardware.
- Load any MIDI / sysex patch or performance bank to librarian.
- Browse performance & patch banks within plugin librarian.
- Load currently selected performance data to plugin memory.
- Load currently selected performance bank to plugin memory.
- Load selected single patch to selected performance slot (upper / lower).
- Organize performance data in librarian and save a new performance bank to hard drive.
- Organize patch data in librarian and save a new patch bank to hard drive.
- Option to scroll thru hardware programs without sending performance / patch data to hardware.
- View & edit upper / lower part patch name.
- View & edit upper / lower part velocity sensitivity levels.
- View & edit upper / lower part control assign sensitivity levels.
- More knobs & buttons now reacts to hardware knob / button movements.
- Select performance MIDI channel.
- Select remote kbd MIDI channel.
- Old preset format replaced with Standard MIDI file format.
JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 50 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian
Reveal Sound has released version 1.0.17 of its Spire synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Spire is a software polyphonic synthesizer that combines powerful sound engine modulation and flexible architecture, a graphical interface provides unparalleled usability. Spire is the embodiment of the best opportunities, both software and hardware synthesizers.
Changes in Spire v1.0.17
- Fixed: Logic X crashes.
- Fixed: Program change when Spire window is closed.
- Fixed: Compatibility with old hosts (Cubase SX3, Sonar 8).
- Fixed: Some small improvements.
Spire synthesizer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 139 EUR/$189 USD incl. VAT.
More information: Reveal Sound
Dmitry Sches has released version 1.33 of Diversion, a synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Diversion is a versatile, high quality software synthesizer, designed for use in any genre of professional electronic music production. Diversion takes the full advantage of modern processors to bring you the perfect sound quality that fits standards of hardware synthesizers.
Changes in Diversion v1.33
- Fixed pitch fluctuations in sampling/granular mode.
- Few minor bugs fixed.
Diversion (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $169 USD excl. VAT.
More information: Dmitry Sches / Diversion
HyperSynth has released version 1.1 of XEditor, a software editor for controlling the Xenophone analog mono-synthesizer.
XEditor is a freeware editor for advanced controlling over the Xenophone synthesizer in your DAW. XEditor offers remote access to all synth engine parameters via MIDI messages (CC and NRPN).
Changes in XEditor v1.1
- Added new types for oscillator waveform and distortion.
- Added loop indicator for Amp envelope and fixed hold indicator enable point.
- Now “update edit buffer” does not refresh the hardware display.
- Rename command is changed to match the hardware command format.
- LFO rate default value is set to 1Hz.
- Fixed problem in loading semitone value.
- Fixed aftertouch wheel malfunction.
- Fixed oscillator key-track issue that did not transmit correct data.
XEditor for Windows is a free download.
More information: HyperSynth / XEditor
Ochen K. has released Chip64, a synthesizer Rack Extension instrument for Propellerhead Reason.
Chip64 brings the sound chips from vintage computers and video game consoles to the Reason rack.
Chip64 includes mathematical modeling of 5 chips: the TIA used in the Atari 2600, the SID chip used in the Commodore 64, the TA0x series used in the NES and Gameboy, the Vic-I used in the Vic 20, and the SN76489 chip used in the ColecoVision and Sega consoles.
With an on-board sequencer, as well as a multi-mode filter, LFO, modulation envelope, and more, Chip64 brings true chip emulation to your rack.
The Rack Extension is available for purchase for 32 EUR.
More information: Ochen K. / Chip64
Ichiro Toda has released version 1.13 beta 2 of the Windows version of Synth1, a freeware synthesizer instrument.
Synth1 is a software synthesizer. Functionally it is modelled on the Clavia Nord Lead 2 Red Synth.
Changes in Synth1 v1.13 beta2
- A new filter “LPDL” has been added in filter section.
- It is a low-pass filter modeled after the diode ladder mounted on TB303, etc.
- It is close to “LP24″ Because it is the filter of the fourth order, but it is fat and darker than “LP24″ feel.
- Lower frequency also increase the resonance does not decrease. I think that it fits well in the synth bass.
- This filter is over-sampling process if the sampling frequency is 44.1/48KHz.
- Accuracy of the square wave has been improved. (8 multiple detune of osc1 are excluded)
- Cut-off frequency of the “LP24″ is now moving more smoothly.
- Fixed a problem that a big noise has occurred at synth1 startup once in a while.
- Fixed a problem that the LFO is not synchronized with the DAW once in a while.
- Fixed a problem that the sound of synth1 is greatly changed once in a while when you change the sampling frequency in DAW.
- Fixed a problem that DAW is crushed once in a while when you change the sampling frequency in DAW.
The new beta is available to download for Windows (32/64-bit VST).
More information: Synth1