Sound Magic has released version 1.5 of its Piano One for Mac, a free virtual piano instrument.
The Sound of Piano One comes from the Yamaha C7 concert grand, a true workhorse in the professional piano world, appearing on famous concert stages, in international competitions and in prestigious music events throughout the world.
Changes in Piano One v1.5 for Mac
- Improved polyphony numbers.
- Supports newest OSX Version.
- Better reverb settings.
- Improved CPU usage.
- Many minor fixes.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) at no cost.
More information: Sound Magic / Piano One
TubeOhm has released M-Phasewave, a free monophonic version of the Phasewave phase distortion synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
M-Phasewave comes with 64 sounds, two arps and an effects section with chorus, delay and reverb.
A second soundbank with 128 new sounds for Phasewave (the polyphonic commercial version of this synth) is also available now.
M-Phasewave for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
More information: TubeOhm / Phasewave
Audio Damage has released version 1.2.0 of Tattoo, the drum & percussion synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
With twelve voices inspired by the famous X0X series of analog drum machines and an internal sequencer that is second to none, Tattoo makes an excellent addition to the arsenal for any electronic music producer.
Changes in Tattoo v1.2.0
- Fix for a graphics bug that was causing crashes when the UI was opened in Logic X and Bitwig Studio (and possibly other OS X hosts).
- DRM removed.
- Digitally signed installers.
Tattoo for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $59 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Tattoo
VirSyn has announced the release of a 64-bit AU version of its CUBE resynthesizer instrument.
We are happy to announce the release of a native 64 bit Mac OS X AudioUnit version for the legendary Spectral Morphing Resynthesizer CUBE.
“With Cube, VirSyn brings a whole new approach to additive synthesis. In the past, the shear number of variables necessary to do additive effectively have made it cumbersome and not very practical. Cube’s innovative interface and capabilities make it expressive, powerful, and fun to use.”
Celebrating the 64 bit release you can also benefit from our winter special offer for most of our products. This is the first release in a series of new 64 bit versions of our instrument line. Expect 64-bit versions of all instruments on Mac and PC in the next months. This will also include VST3 and AAX compatible plugins.
CUBE is available to purchase for 99 EUR during VirSyn’s Winter Sale, which ends March 31st, 2014.
More information: VirSyn / CUBE
Elephant Development Software has announced availability of its Temptress, a plug-in providing inspiration and modern musical production elements within a powerful virtual instrument.
Temptress is a new concept for songwriting and productions. Unsurprisingly, Elephant Development Software assembled a team of top songwriters and producers to create contemporary musical content while simultaneously expertly engineering an exciting new way to integrate chord progressions and musical phrases into user’s productions in any key and at any tempo they choose (using an innovative industry-leading pitch shift and time-stretch engine) — all in realtime, locked to the host sequencer!
Temptress is both a blast and a breeze to use. The simple yet powerful browser in the Temptress plug-in window provides previews of the diverse musical content in its ever-expanding library — all but a click away. Whether pop, rock, dance, hip-hop, or country floats your musical boat, the huge (over 3GB) TEMPTRESS CORE library’s hundreds of cues have got you covered. Future libraries will provide cues in ever-expanding genres and will even work in conjunction with previous libraries to
expand their creative possibilities. Feel free to utilise the plug-in’s already awesome-sounding audio elements or the actual MIDI data used to create the cues. The choice is yours. Either way, simply drag-and-drop directly from Temptress to tracks in the host DAW to have stunning-sounding musical phrases immediately available at your fingertips. It’s surely simplicity itself.
- Huge Core Library (over 3GB comprising hundreds of cues) with more expansions coming all the time.
- Musical cues covering popular music styles, including pop, rock, dance, hip-hop and country.
- Ability to audition and use cues at any key, tempo or time signature utilizing a fantastic industry-leading pitch shift and time-stretch engine.
- Musical cues created by renowned producers and programmers using the latest and most popular synths and sound banks.
- Ability to drag-and-drop audio and midi clips from plug-in window directly to your DAW’s tracks.
- Cues can be sorted by style, tempo, key or time signature and auditioned in real-time, locked to your sequencer.
- Compatible with DAWs and sequencers that support VST, AU, or RTAS plugins.
- Inspiration at your fingertips.
Temptress is available to purchase for $149 USD.
More information: Temptress
Iridium Iris Software has released version 1.1.0 of its Lethality virtual guitar instrument for Windows.
Added to this new version is a new section with riff patterns where the user can choose from a list of pre-made factory patterns which can be dragged and dropped into a track. This makes it easy to quickly build up a song. These factory made patterns can be edited to fit the users taste and creations.
It will be possible to add more pre-made riffs to the pattern section provided through downloads at Iridium Iris’s website.
Changes in Lethality v1.1.0
- Riff pattern section with search filter on genres.
- More efficient algorithms, lowering the CPU use.
- GUI is partly redesigned.
- Key switches has been rearranged.
The plug-in is available to purchase for $33 USD (Windows VST).
More information: Iridium Iris Software
Wavosaur has announced VST Speek, a free Text to Speech plug-in.
VST Speek is a free vocal synthesis VST plugin for recreating the old skool robotic text to speech we all love. Choose a preset, type any text and let’s speak !
VST Speek text to speech is 100% freeware, the plugin is based on the Software Automatic Mouth (SAM) vocal synthesis software created by Softvoice Inc for the Commodore 64.
The plug-in (v1.0 beta) is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: Wavosaur / VST Speek
Image-Line has announced a VST 32/64 Bit Update for its plugins.
We are pleased to announce the following Image-Line VST plugins have been updated. Both 32 & 64 Bit VSTs are included in the installer.
Autogun 1.1.23, DirectWave 22.214.171.124, DrumSynth Live 1.1.30, Edison 2.2.23, Gross Beat 1.0.19, Harmless 1.0.29, Harmor 1.3.8, Juice Pack 2.1.16, Maximus 1.0.20, Ogun 1.0.24, Slicex 1.0.24, Sytrus 2.6.73, Vocodex 1.0.14
Changes in DirectWave v126.96.36.199
- 64bit version.
- Fixed recording.
- Updated standalone version.
Changes in other plugins
- Fixed crash related to plugin editors in Reaper x64.
- Fixed loading in Reaper x64.
- Fixed demo noise crash (mainly x64).
- Fix to continuous underruns.
- Edison: fixed freeze when trying to record in 64bit in demo mode.
- Harmor: fixed noise in 64bit version.
- Vocodex: fixed note on/off response when editor is closed.
- Updated standalone version.
The updated plugin installers are now available to download. New Image-Line customers can purchase the plug-ins with a 10% discount (valid for the first order of $99 USD or more).
More information: Image-Line