Results for instrument plugins
Below are the posts that should have something to do with 'instrument plugins'.
Note: Use the search form in the top right if you're looking for something specific.
ThaLoops has announced the release of TLi Acoustic Guitar, a virtual instrument and one-shot samples collection made specifically for modern urban music productions.
The sound-set includes pick sound and finger sound instrument presets and 244 one-shot acoustic guitar chord samples. Each note for the instrument presets was recorded at 5 velocity ranges (p, mp, mf, f, ff) making it total of 452 wav samples.
Additionally sound-set is packed with 244 one-shot chord variations covering all 12 keys of an octave played by a professional guitarist. Both simple and extended chords (e.g A#dim7, D#m6, Esus4) provides user with a material to build acoustic guitar chord progressions.
Virtual instrument presets are provided in VST WIN/MAC, Audio Units, Kontakt and Soundfont formats. One-shot chord samples are programmed into Kontakt, Battery, Reason NN-XT, Halion and Soundfont presets.
Tli Acoustic Guitar is available for purchase for $32.95 USD.
AudioSpillage has announced the release of DrumSpillage 2, the first major update to its Mac OS X drum synthesizer instrument.
DrumSpillage 2 is a 16 part multi model drum synthesizer plugin for Mac OS X. DrumSpillage features 12 original drum models designed for synthesizing a diverse variety of unique electronic percussion sounds.
Changes in DrumSpillage 2
- New streamlined UI design.
- Upgraded synthesis and DSP architecture including anti-aliasing oscillators.
- 4 LFOs per pad (upgraded from 2 in 1.x).
- Increased number of modulation destinations in the model editor.
- New LFO waveforms and smoother modulation for existing waveforms.
- Support for cross-modulating LFOs.
- Full dynamic velocity control over the synthesis parameters.
- New distortion algorithms.
- MPC/Maschine style pad layout preference.
- New kit presets designed especially for v2.
DrumSpillage 2 for Mac (AU) is available for £75 GBP / 90 EUR / $125 USD. The upgrade from 1.x costs £10 GBP / 12.50 EUR / $15.99 USD.
More information: AudioSpillage
Reveal Sound has released version 1.0.12 of its Spire synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Spire is a software polyphonic synthesizer that combines powerful sound engine modulation and flexible architecture, a graphical interface provides unparalleled usability. Spire is the embodiment of the best opportunities, both software and hardware synthesizers.
Changes in Spire v1.0.12
- Add: Filter Type “Combo” with 4 different modes.
- Add: Sound Bank Selector.
- Fixed: Stepper HOLD button state issue.
Spire for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for 139 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Reveal Sound
Mystery Islands has introduced Virus|HC, an editor/librarian plug-in for the Access Virus synthesizer.
We are more than excited to officially announce that our next plug-in project, Virus|HC is around the corner. This plug-in is targeted to everyone with Access Virus A, B, C or TI hardware synthesizer to unleash the power of Virus in your favorite DAW.
- Works like the actual Virus TI Control software, except it does not transmit audio signals. This is a huge advantage to all Virus TI users, who struggle with “A Sync error occurred” messages.
- Connect legacy Virus (A-B-C-range) synth with MIDI interface into your DAW.
- Connect Virus TI & TI|2-range synth with MIDI or USB into your DAW.
- Manage single presets and/or multi presets within the editor/librarian.
- Load, edit and save programs & save them to HDD in MIDI format.
- Load up-to 16 parts of legendary Virus sounds into a single plug-in.
- Manage all 16 parts individually in Multimode mixer window.
- Automate almost every parameter of the plug-in.
- Visual link between the knob movements on hardware < -> software for real-time UI updates.
- Sends used data automatically to the synth upon loading a DAW project containing the plug-in. Play directly, without any loading hassle with the hardware itself. This is purely automated.
The plug-in is available to pre-order for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 39.95 EUR (regular 49.95 EUR).
LinPlug has announced version 3.3 of FreeAlpha, the free version of the Alpha synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
FreeAlpha is the small brother of Alpha, sharing the same engine but having fewer features. Its around since mid 2000 and its being free of charge all time. Thanks to many people upgrading to the full Alpha, we have funds to continue its development.
Changes in FreeAlpha v3.3
- New User Interface.
- New full window bank/preset browser.
- Prev/next switch for browsing through waveforms.
- Matrix now with 11 slots.
- Several new setup options.
- Undo / redo functionality.
- Filter Saturation like full Alpha.
- Unison like Full Alpha.
FreeAlpha is available for download as a freeware instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
LinPlug has also announced updates for a few other plug-ins.
Furthermore we fixed a couple of bugs, improving the stability of CrX4, MorphoX, Organ 3 and SaxLab. You find the full list of fixes at linplug.com on the respective product page in the “news” tab and the update installer in the “download tab”.
More information: LinPlug
Kong Audio has announced the release of Chinee Orchestra SE (Standard Edition), a collection of 27 classic Chinese instruments, plus one set of Chinese percussion.
Simplified, but not simple
Even though COSE comes in with a smaller content, it now has a more affordable price tag. Also, Kong Audio has put in lots of efforts into creating COSE as a practically useful tool for composers as well as teachers and students. All presets in COSE are created afresh with care, and it also utilized the features of QIN engine player heavily in order to make the instruments sound alive.
Users can customize COSE presets at will and make use of QIN engine’s Extender system to make multis, keyswitches, aftertouch/modwheel triggering, and much much more.
A Chinese Sound Palette for Everyone
COSE extensively covers the most common instruments used for composing Chinese music. Get inspiration from a vast range of sound of the East. Learn to incorporate the Chinese elements into your work. Or simply keep some rare sound in stock just in case you may need it.
Chinee Orchestra SE features
- Winds: Bangdi, BaWu, DongXiao, GuanZi, HuLuSi(X2), NanXiao, QuDi, Sheng, SuoNa(X2), Xun.
- Plucked: GuQin, GuZheng, LiuQin, PiPa, Ruan(X2), SanXian.
- Stringed: BanHu, ErHu(X2), GaoHu, JingHu, MaTouQin, ZhongHu.
- Percussion: YangQin, Chinese percussion set.
Chinee Orchestra SE for Windows (VST) is available for $119 USD. A demo version can be download from the product page.
u-he has launched the first part in a series of tutorial videos by Dan Worrall on the ACE virtual modular synthesizer instrument.
The first in Dan Worrall’s 4-part series about u-he’s ACE modular synthesizer.
ACE belongs to a new generation of synthesizers developed with the latest, fastest computers in mind. ACE offers classic modular synthesis and more at a fraction of the cost of dedicated hardware. But like its hardware forebears, you can patch any output into any input: the number of different ways to connect modules together is practically infinite. Needless to say, you will never run out of cables!
ACE for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 69 EUR.