WaveDNA has released version 1.3.4 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro beat generator software.
The latest update features bug fixes, improvements, and better Ableton Push support. Enhancements to the Ableton Push MIDI script allow for a smoother workflow in Liquid Rhythm Max for Live mode.
Another important improvement, the Scale Selector, available in Max for Live plugin mode, allows users to start experimenting with melody pattern generation.
Changes in Liquid Rhythm v1.3.4
- Live 9 Max for Live plugin mode only:
- Scale Selector – Generate melodic patterns by hiding away note lanes not in a specific key. Select root, mode, and octaves.
- Lock clip button (from the Clip Selector) added to the Ableton Push layout.
- Improved performance when switching Live clips and loading larger Live clips in Liquid Rhythm.
- Clip Selector feature is accessible when no clip is selected within Ableton.
- LiquidRhythm.amxd patch now has a very small version number printed in the bottom right corner.
- Unlimited Live clips now display as track name and clip number in Liquid Rhythm.
- Hitting User Mode in Ableton Push to gain access to Liquid Rhythm features will perform an auto-refresh to capture any changes made to the clip.
- Kit Editor – Organize and save instruments together as a Kit in Liquid Rhythm. (Available in the Kit tab in the Library Browser, and the View Menu).
- The Randomizer panel’s fourth slider can now be used to control randomization of Velocity, Groove Offset, or both together via a dropdown menu.
- In the Diagnostics tab, enabling Diagnostic logging has been changed from a drop-down to a checkbox for ease of selection.
- Added the option to swap between eighth-note and quarter-note based indicators in the BeatBuilder. (Right-click the numbers above the BeatForm Sequencer or BarForm List to choose).
- Changing clip name within Liquid Rhythm is now undo/redoable.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the file chooser dialogue box to appear behind Liquid Rhythm on Windows.
- … Additional fixes and more information available in the full release notes.
Liquid Rhythm for Windows and Mac is available for $129 USD, Liquid Rhythm Intro is $49 USD.
More information: WaveDNA
Iridium Iris Software has released Reality Bass, an advanced electric bass guitar virtual instrument plug-in designed to be a true electric bass guitar.
The goal was to create an easy to use rock & alternative bass sound with a rich slap sound. This instrument isn’t just for composers, video game arrangements and other productions, it is also a tool for producers and bass guitarists.
Reality Bass features
- Open/muted fifths, octaves, fourths P4, and single notes.
- Down/up or alternating strumming of intervals.
- Single/Solo playing in two modes (algorithm or windowed).
- Bending of single notes and intervals with automation.
- Gain/distortion/fuzz control.
- Room sound knob.
- Dynamic range velocity knob (hard to soft).
- Rich Slap sound.
- Palm mute algorithm with automation.
- Hammer on/pull off.
- Portamento/neck slide control with automation.
- Strumming control with automation.
- Unlimited velocity curve.
- Full chokes.
- Patterns with an internal player.
- Slap Bass mode on/off.
- Bass guitar neck that displays taken intervals and notes.
Reality Bass for Windows (VST) is available for 26 EUR / $36 USD. A free demo version can be downloaded from the website.
More information: Iridium Iris Software
Adam Monroe Music has released Adam Monroe’s Beats, a drum sample library and MIDI beats collection instrument plug-in for Windows.
Adam Monroe’s Beats features
- 30 fully customizable virtual drum kit presets featuring 37 snares, 27 bass drums, and 22 toms.
- 10 layer velocity, 3 note round-robin, with both left and right sides of the drum (s) recorded.
- Over five gigs of sampled drum sounds.
- The ability to edit and save every preset, and change every part of the kit.
- Drag-and-drop functionality for MIDI Beats and Fills. Audition beats with the click of a button.
- Load samples at 16 or 24-bit depth, and 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rates.
- Panning and volume controls for every individual part of the kit.
- Reverb, Delay, Phaser, and Equalization effects.
- MIDI note reassignment with the ability to detect notes.
The plug-in is currently available for Windows (VST), priced at $50 USD. A Mac version is coming.
More information: Adam Monroe Music / Adam Monroe’s Beats
Wusik has released version 1.0.2 of Wusik 4000, which ads VST3 support on both Windows and Mac OS X.
Wusik 4000 is a new project by Wusik and WilliamK, done from the ground using modern code and totally cross-platform: Windows and MAC, VST/AU 32 and 64 bits.
But how Wusik 4000 works? Is that just a regular Modular system? No, it is not. Wusik 4000 has a fixed path of audio, but with a modular wire system for modulations.
Changes in Wusik 4000 v1.0.2
- VST3 support added on both Windows and MAC.
- Sample Player updated: when browsing SFZ files the Next and Previous selector will browse only SFZ files and also ignores other files, specially WAV files that are part of the SFZ collection.
- Sample Player updated: fixed MAC 64-bits problems when loading WusikSND files.
- Sample Player updated: added “processing” message when a sound is been loaded/unloaded. The Next/Previous sound option now uses its own thread for better handling.
- M24 LP Filter Poly updated: changed the code to overload less at lower frequencies.
- MIDI Arp Basic updated: fixed a bug when playing notes very fast.
- Updated the info about the Data folder on MAC. You can also create an alias to the data folder and place under ~/Applications named as Wusik 4000 Data.
- Changed a bit how the plugin scans/validates to avoid a crash during most host’s scan/validation process. If you need to validate it again, just delete the Validation.txt file from the data folder before running any host scan/validation tool. The process is simple and no information is sent, so it is totally offline. Just start the plugin and click the GUI to validate and restart the plugin once done (read the instructions).
- Other internal improvements.
- Several new presets created by Westgate
- Several new sets of sounds from Wusik EVE were uploaded as a ZIP file, (check out the Mellotronix sets) so MAC users (or users without Wusik EVE installed) can download and load those sounds into the Sample Player (no presets were designed yet). Hint about installing extra sounds: extract any extra SOUND sets into the “Wusik 4000 Data\Modules Extras\Sample Player” folder. There is no option to link to older Wusik EVE Data folder, sorry.
Wusik 4000 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $99.95 USD.
More information: Wusik / Wusik 4000
u-he has released revision 2228 of its plug-ins, including Satin, DIVA, Zebra, and ACE.
These hopefully fix the most pressing issues. We know of some bugs with VST3 and you better don’t automate parameters with an LFO in Bitwig.
Changes in rev 2228
- should really fix AAX (autosave) crash bug for good.
- added missing buttons/drop down graphics to Filterscape.
- fixed missing Sync button in ZebraCM.
- fixed possible crash in VST.
- fixed automation-stops-when-editor-opens bug in Live/Bitwig.
- reworked Mac Installers (solve permissions issue?).
- updated Filterscape, Satin user guide.
- changed initial open/close laws for preset folder.
Rev 2228 is available to download from the u-he forum at KVR Audio.
More information: u-he
Ohm Force has announced that the Minimonsta synthesizer instrument by GForce Software is 50% off for a limited time.
As you may already know the Ohm & G Forces occasionnaly team up to deliver unique emulations of cult classic analog instruments. Minimonsta is the perfect illustration of this: all the care and expertise from the GForce’s chaps driving the project while we ohmies brought code and some typicall Ohm features.
If you ever wished an ultra faithful Model – D emulation with ADSR / LFO / Midi mod curve per parameter and Melohman preset morphing octave ala Symtpohm / Ohmicide packed with a few presets (6000), this is your day. As with most of our plugins we’re glad to say that this one had both press and VIP support.
Exceptionnally priced 50% off at £69.99 inc VAT ($95.00/€85 approx,) the offer runs for a strictly limited period from Tuesday 8th April until Tuesday 15th April, 2014.
More information: GForce Software / Minimonsta
Humanoid Sound Systems has announced the release of Enzyme Player, a free version of the Enzyme synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The plugin contains the complete synthesis engine from our acclaimed Enzyme synth, which has won awards for its innovative design and sound, and has all the essentials for music creation (access to all of the parameters, and the saving of presets is available with the full version).
The synth uses a unique combination of wavetable and physical modeling synthesis to create rich, dynamic musical timbres. Hybrid Scanned / FM synthesis is also on offer for even more sonic possibilities.
Enzyme Player for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download.
More information: Humanoid Sound System / Enzyme Player
XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS 3 v2.0, an updated version of its authentic-sounding software emulation of the vintage EMS VCS3 portable analogue synthesizer.
The XILS 3 V2.0 not only emulates the Synthi (VCS 3) modular synthesizer, it also adds an emulation of the 256 Analog Sequencer, the natural companion of the VCS 3.
Is that all? No, of course, we added a SECOND Matrix, with 2 additional envelopes, one LFO, a detailed Sample and Hold module, and a Voltage processor…
And some input modules : Gate, Transient, Envelope Follower and Pitch Tracker to transform the XILS 3 into an advanced Effect Processor! This means hundreds of additional connections. Add to the pile the analog chorus with its three modes, the analog delay and the phaser… the picture emerges.
XILS 3 v2.0 features
- 6 Oscillators grouped in 3 pairs, with WaveShaping (on sine wave, saw, triangle and square).
- 1 Noise Oscillator (With Noise color).
- 1 Analog Filter, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB LowPass).
- 3 Trapezoidal Envelope Generators, Looping EG in the time of analog (Switchable to ADSR).
- 2 Polyphonic LFOs (including 1 Oscillator acting as LFO at audiorate).
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator.
- 2 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter.
- Programmable Joystick Vector Controller (up to 32+32 modulation targets).
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Envelope Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules.
- Chorus, Delay, Spring Reverb.
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Hundreds of presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers.
- Preset Database Engine (Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags).
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections.
- Instrument or Effect plug-in.
XILS 3 is available for purchase for the introductory price of 120 EUR until May 1st, 2014 (regular 149 EUR). The XILISTICS sound bank for XILS 3 with 160-plus presets (25 EUR value) is included with this offer. XILS 3 requires eLicenser or iLok.
More information: XILS-lab / XILS 3