Cableguys has announced the release of updates for its Curve, FilterShaper and WaveShaper CM plug-ins.
Downloading sounds for Curve’s, FilterShaper’s and WaveShaper CM’s libraries got rock-solid, and it’s much faster, too — for example downloading Curve 2′s 4000+ presets is only a matter of minutes now. If you ever experienced connection issues, check the new versions.
Of course you don’t have to use the online feature — all plugins ship with an excerpt of their ever-growing sound libraries.
Download the new versions of Curve and FilterShaper right from our website.
You can get Curve 2 CM and WaveShaper CM for free with Computer Music Magazine and Curve 2 BE for free with the German Beat Magazine. If you already own them, simply click the “Check for updates” link within the plugins.
More information: Cableguys
Minimal System has launched a flash sale, offering all its plugins and sample packs at a 50% discount.
We are offering 50% off everything in our store for one day only.
Simply enter the below coupon code during checkout to apply the 50% discount.
The offer expires August 4th, 2014.
More information: Minimal System
D16 Group has launched a Summer Sale, offering a 30% discount on its plug-ins and bundles for a limited time.
Holiday season is on! Because of the heat prices are starting to evaporate, hence the Summer Sale 2014 has officially begun.
Wish to take an advantage of 30% discount? Just enter SUMMER2014 in the coupon code field during purchase.
The sale ends August 17th, 2014.
More information: D16 Group
u-he has released version 0.9.3 rev2566 of the public beta of Bazille, the hybrid modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
We extended the Beta-period for Bazille rev2566 until end of August 2014. This gives you an other month of free Public Beta Testing.
Here is the Public Beta registration info again:
User Name: Public Beta
We fixed loads of bugs and added many improvements to rev2566.
Please test Bazille thoroughly, focus on the stuff in the change log and dig deep into all areas. In particular: Please explore Bazille’s voice circuit and report clicks, pops, odd and weird sounds.
Changes in Bazille v0.9.3 rev2566
- Added choice of gamma adjustments to GUI editor for brightness control (right-click on GUI).
- Added UI scaling in steps of 10% (right-click on GUI).
- Mouse Wheel can be rastered (For rastered mouses to ensure integer steps) -> right-click on a knob or slider.
- Reworked GearPorn skin (kudos to Basti!) -> right-click GUI to change between Original and GearPorn skin.
- Patch cable colors are now saved with the Preset.
- Reworked Installers for OS X and WIN.
- Updated manual.
- Added many other small improvements.
- Many bugs fixed.
The new public beta is available to download from the u-he forum at KVR Audio. A license for Bazille is available for purchase at a 30% discount for a limited time.
More information: u-he / Bazille v0.9.3 rev2566
Ample Sound has announced the release of Ample Bass P (ABP), an electric bass instrument based on samples of a Fender Precision Bass.
Ample Sound is dedicated to reproducing the exact sound of classic instruments in virtual instrument software with accuracy and pristine clarity.
ABP has a 3.6 GB sample library which is naturally recorded on every single fret. No destructive editing and dynamic processing are applied (which leaves more room for users’ modification).
Ample Bass features 14 bass articulations: Sustain, Palm Mute, Natural Harmonic, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Pop, Slap, Tap, Accentuated, Staccato and Dead Note. The Legato articulations can be used to achieve legato notes of any duration, pitch and polyphony.
Ample Bass P features
- Redesigned Tab Player for bass tab. All articulations and notations are supported by the tab player. Realistic Tab playback can be achieved through fine parameter adjustments and humanizations.
- Auto Buzz System. Buzz noises can make bass performance more expressive and realistic. Ample Bass buzz system enables users to arbitrarily control of start position, duration and amplitude of a buzz. Alternatively, Ample Bass could also randomize the whole buzz sound process.
- Groovy Single-Note Bassline. Repetitive one-note basslines are a common technique in bass performance, particularly in the rock genre. Ample Bass contains a unique method of delivering one-note bass lines, One-note loops have been recorded for every fret with a groovy, tasty feel and lossless quality as the tempo is changed. No more bland and robotic ‘machine gun effect’.
- Slap & Sustain in one MIDI Track. Using keyswitches, users can switch between Sustain (normal group) and Slap and Pop on the fly. Ample Bass also provides a “combined keyswitches” feature, which allows users to play both Slap and Pop articulations on specific strings. For example, you could assign the Slap articulation to the G and D strings, and the Pop articulation to the A and E strings.
- Alternate Tuning. Ample Bass supports alternate tunings to the lowest note of a 5-string bass.
- Carefully designed left hand techniques and sample groups.
- Legato with variable duration, pitch and polyphony.
The Ample Bass P for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD until September 4th, 2014 (regular $119 USD). Existing users of Ample Sound instruments can check for eligible discounts in their MyAmpleSound account.
More information: Ample Sound / Ample Bass P
Arturia has launched a limited time sale in celebration of its 15 Years anniversary, offering 50% off 15 instruments.
For the last 15 years, Arturia has delivered legendary synthesizers and drum machines to discerning musicians who demand the very best. This limited-time promotion is a unique opportunity to enhance your studio with the instruments of your dreams at an exceptional price.
The offer is available until September 8th, 2014.
More information: Arturia / 15 Years Anniversary
Adam Monroe Music has released a Mac OS X version of Honky Tonk Piano and updated the Windows version to 2.0.
Adam Monroe’s Honky Tonk piano is an instrument/sample library that is designed to replicate the full range and “honky” sound of a vintage chickering upright piano.
Changes in Honky Tonk Piano v2.0
- Added a GUI pop-up window that tells a user how many samples have been loaded.
- Added multi-threading and a “Buffer For” switch. Dramatically improves playback on slower systems.
- Eliminated the need for sample data to exist in VST directory.
- Fixed problem with audio “pops” when holding down notes until their end.
- Optimized slow c++ code (dynamic lists) down to optimized C code (static arrays) and optimized buffering code.
- Wave file buffers are now properly freed when closing plugin.
- Eliminated 100MB deallocation memory leak.
- Eliminated the need for sample data to exist in VST directory, a user can now place samples anywhere and the VST will ask for their location.
Honky Tonk Piano (VST/AU/Kontakt) is available for purchase for $20 USD.
More information: Adam Monroe Music / Honky Tonk Piano