monoplugs has released version 1.1 of its b-step sequencer plug-in.
b-step is a bass guitar oriented multi string (or track) step sequencer vst-plugin, designed for improvisation and easy live use. You program your melodies live, in a few seconds and you can’t hit a wrong note. b-step is based around the circle of fifths – you don’t have to know anything about harmony or music theory, b-step does it for you!
Version 1.1 provides improvements in areas such as Launchpad usability, MIDI IO handling and better OS and Host support. In addition, b-step 1.1 comes with a chord editor, where you can program your own set, fixing all known problems and bugs.
Changes in b-step v1.1
- Add support for OS X 10.5 to 10.8 (Intel).
- List as instrument in Ableton Live.
- Remove support on OS X for Cubase (unsolved problems).
- Add settings editor for MIDI IO.
- Add pop up for manage MIDI learn.
- Add chord editor. You can program your own chords or use the defaults.
- Increase to max 8 repeats per bar (from 4).
- The target bar will be the selected after drag’n'drop.
- Bar-repeats, bar-offset, bar-octave will be no more copied by drag’n'drop.
- Fix timing bug – everything is absolutely sample accurate.
- Improved the complete launchpad map.
- Add external MIDI port handling to manage MIDI IO.
- MIDI learn:
- Add multiple controller assignments.
- Add support for notes as controller.
- User Interface:
- Add rotary to control all duration rotaries.
- Add rotary to control all velocity rotaries.
- Reduce UI refresh rate, feels less laggy.
- Add auto resize if the desktop area is to small.
The plug-in is available to purchase as a VST plug-in for Windows and Mac, priced at 19.99 EUR.
More information: monoplugs
Madrona Labs has updated its Aalto synthesizer for Windows and Mac to version 1.5.
Aalto is a semi-modular software synthesizer with an innovative, patchable UI, distinctive sounds, and a charming personality.
Changes in Aalto v1.5
- Fixed an issue that was slowing down Aalto dramatically on some Windows systems.
- Fixed an issue requiring a runtime support pack on some Windows systems.
- Improved latency through the patcher when running at large host buffer sizes.
- Aalto now draws at full resolution on Macintosh Retina Display, in compatible hosts.
- Aalto is now compatible with Soundplane version 1.0 and higher.
- Fix mousewheel direction on Mac OS 10.7 and higher.
- Accelerated drawing to the screen on Mac OS with OpenGL.
- Optimized drawing scheduling to avoid glitches, especially in Logic.
- User and factory presets now share the same location.
- Improved ergonomics of patcher with larger handles and smoother graphics.
- Fixed a drawing problem with bipolar dials.
- Improved drag ergonomics for dials.
Aalto for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99 USD.
More information: Madrona Labs / Aalto
discoDSP has released version 4.1 of its Discovery synthesizer instrument for the Linux platform.
discoDSP’s Nord Lead 2 inspired Discovery virtual analog syntesizer.
Discovery’s architecture provides maximum flexibility when programming your own sounds. Start by selecting from the two oscillators, and then add one of the several types of filters, and then program the appropriate ADSR envelope for the sound.
Changes in Discovery 4.1 for Linux
- New zero-feedback delay filters modeled after the Nord Lead 2.
- 64-bit VST support.
- Simpler dialog boxes descriptions.
- Streamlined Morph knob display.
- Export/Import point to better folder locations.
- Added Buy links to EDIT menu on Demo version.
- Reworked and streamlined EDIT menu.
- FX Bypass moved to main EDIT menu position.
- Fixed Import/Export file paths.
- High contrast drop down menus.
- Discovery data location placed at ~/discoDSP/Discovery/
- New selected item EDIT menu background color.
- Instant refresh in Bank Browser for new FXB fles.
- Better preset renaming dialog box.
- Menu font replaced to FreeSans.
- Sound engine fixes.
- Manual revision.
Discovery for Windows, Mac and Linux is available to purchase for $69 USD / 49 EUR until March 4th, 2014.
More information: discoDSP / Discovery
Xhun Audio has released version 1.6.1 of its IronAxe virtual electric guitar instrument for Windows and Mac, introducing an important fix for the String Router Engine, and featuring an updated KeyStrummer engine, improving the Power/Bar Chords strum authenticity.
Changes in IronAxe v1.6.1
- String Router Engine 2.0: previous version (1.6) had a notes-allocation issue with multi instances of IronAxe. This has been fixed, it now works properly in single and multi instances environments.
- KeyStrummer Mode: ‘Power/Bar Chords’ and ‘Power/Bar Chords Muted’ engine has been updated, now it features the performing of 2-strings Power Chords (Blue Keys, lower octave) and 3-strings Power Chords (Blue Keys, upper octave), for a more authentic and natural strumming experience.
- Partial low level code replacement on the DSP side.
IronAxe for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Xhun Audio / IronAxe
Back In Time Records has announced version 2.0 of ManyOne Deluxe, adding 31 new multisample instruments (212 MB) and presets to the virtual instrument library for Windows and Mac.
Back to the roots – this easy handling sample-based synthesizer is a pleasure to work with. Equipped with a huge 4.2 GB sample library and over 450 Presets with a clear focus on the 70s and 80s vintage synthesizers plus EPs, Clavinet and Piano. Handpicked samples taken from all the legends: Yamaha CS80, Minimoog, Korg MonoPoly and MS20, Yamaha DX7II Centenntial, Minimoog and many more. Also included are the famous string ensembles like the Solina, the tape-based Mellotron with it’s Choirs, Flutes and Violins. Synth Leads, Basses, Pads and each one is a great sound.
It comes with vintage E-Pianos too: CP80, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clavinet and even the famous DX7 EP. And legendary tone-wheel organs!
The clear and straight back to the roots handling concept: Just one page, no menus or subpages. Select a sound and play it, that’s it. If you want to change something to make the sound even more suitable to your music you don’t need to read dozens of owner’s manual pages – the entire parameter set is visible with one view. A helpful extra sound design tutorial is included though. Finally you can concentrate on your music instead of learning overfeatured parameter monsters and how they work.
ManyOne Deluxe for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for 79 EUR. The update is free for existing ManyOne Deluxe users.
More information: Back In Time Records / ManyOne Deluxe
Xfer Records has released version 1.1 of its Nerve drum synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nerve is a software drum machine which brings powerful beat creation and manipulation to your Host Sequencer. Nerve runs as a VSTi or AudioUnit plugin. Nerve was designed and coded by veteran dance music producers, with a diverse sample library included from many of todays top sound designers.
Changes in Nerve v1.1
- 64-bit support (VST/AU/AAX).
- ProTools AAX32 and AAX64 support (ProTools 10.3.5 or later).
- Drag-and-drop pattern button (A-L) to export MIDI to host.
- Drag-and-drop pad to host (source wave file).
- Drag-and-drop pad + Shift + Control + Alt: render all to a new wave file in host.
- Drag-and-drop pad + Control + Alt: renders pattern of dragged pad as wave file.
- 16 stereo outputs.
- Pre-calculated 4-band parametric EQ per-pad.
- Pre-calculated plate reverb per-pad.
- Pattern randomize (‘R’ button).
- Pattern hybridize (‘H’ button) creates new patterns based on existing loaded patterns.
- Option to follow Host notes note-length / note-offs choke the sound.
- Type-able values for all controls (text entry appears with double-click).
- Mouseover help for all controls (when mouse is hovered for 1 second).
- “MIDI Note Off Chokes Pads” option now stores gate values to Sequencer.
- Option Menu: “Gate Only alters Hold time” (to maintain other envelope length.
- Improved panning law.
- Command: Explode Loop to All Pads – converts a loop pad to all 16 pads as one-shots, with pop-up to choose between ‘stretched’ render, or raw loop.
- Command: Generate Pattern from Loop Timing – Creates notes + Late-Graph offsets for a loop file, based on the loop slice points.
- Command: Convert back to OneShot (so One shots can be stretched-to-tempo with the various settings / loop-stretching algorithms).
- Alternate OpenSoundControl build + template, for Lemur users.
- Alternate TouchOSC build + template, for TouchOSC users.
- Alternate Korg PadKontrol build which automatically detects and connects to the PadKontrol.
- Screen redraw improvements (hardware accelerated graphics).
- Support for dragging from Cubase Media Bay, fixes for dragging files from StudioOne browser.
- MIDI Key names in piano roll support, for hosts which allow it (e.g. Reaper/FL Studio/ StudioOne).
- Additional MIDI CC controls.
- Dozens of bug fixes.
Nerve is available to purchase for $199 USD. The update is free for existing Nerve users.
More information: Xfer Records / Nerve
AudioRealism has posted a teaser video for ABL3, hinting at development of an updated version of its Bass Line synthesizer instrument.
More 303? We’re going to have it. From the release of ABL1 in 2003 to ABL2 in 2007 we’re still striving to raise the bar in analog modeling and more specifically 303 emulation.
In 2014 we plan on raising this bar even further. Release date: TBA
More information: AudioRealism
discoDSP has released version R1.3 of HighLife, the performance sampler instrument for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Changes in HighLife R1.3
- New LowPass, HighPass, BandPass and BandReject Zero Delay Feedback filters.
- Edit > Wave Editor < -> cursors on wave selection borders.
- Edit > Wave Editor Mouse wheel zoom based on mouse cursor position, Shift+Mouse wheel for quick zoom.
- Edit > Wave Editor Zoom in/out based on active selection.
- Drag’n'drop support (any supported wave sample/sfz programs if empty) Shift+Drop bypass sample replacement dialog.
- Options > Global Parameter Edit (On/Off) or using Shift+Ctrl/Cmd. ADSR led will be on when enabled.
- Options > Morph Edit (On/Off).
- Edit > Properties <> File arrows browse sample folder on Edit > Sample Properties.
- Zone > Duplicate Zone, Delete All Zones functions.
HighLife is available to purchase for 49 EUR / $69 USD.
More information: discoDSP / HighLife