, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios
Wavosaur has released version 1.3 of its VST Speek free text-to-speech plug-in, which is now also available for the Mac OS X platform.
VST Speek and AU Speek are free text to speech plugins for recreating the sound of the Commodore 64 Software Automatic Mouth vocal synthesis software.
This is not a vocal synth like “Vocaloïd”, it’s intended to do crunchy robotic lofi techno voices!
Changes in VST Speek
- Fixed crash in Cubase when selecting preset from drop down menu.
- Added hack for Presonus Studio One : text is now editable.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Mac OS X versions now available:
- VST Speek 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
- VST Speek 32-bit Carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32 & 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32-bit carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
VST Speek is available as a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Wavosaur / VST Speek
Sonic Charge has released version 1.2 of Synplant, a synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
We decided that we could not not let you wait any longer for 64-bit compatibility so we took a lot of the new code from Synplant 2.0 and “merged” it back into 1.0.
Version 1.2 looks, sounds and behaves virtually identical to 1.0, although under the hood it uses our latest framework and libraries.
Apart from 64-bit compatibility and general performance improvements that come the new libraries, Synplant 1.2 also supports Authenticator for simpler registration.
Synplant for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $99 USD (+ VAT).
Sonic Charge also announced Cassette Recorder Audio Processor (CRAPRE), a Rack Extension effect for Propellerhead Reason.
In other news, yesterday (April 1st) saw the launch of a new Rack Extension for Reason that I co-developed with PEFF and Bitplant. It is a Cassette Recorder Audio Processor Rack Extension (CRAPRE for short) and it makes such dirty noises you will need protective gloves to handle it.
A lot of people thought it was an April Fools joke and that it was not for real, but it is, which in itself is an even better joke I guess. It is only available for sale during April after which it will be removed from the Propellerhead Shop (again for real!). Don’t miss out on it!
Crapre costs 7.50 EUR.
More information: Sonic Charge
u-he has launched the second part in a series of tutorial videos by Dan Worrall on the ACE virtual modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
ACE belongs to a new generation of synthesizers developed with the latest, fastest computers in mind. ACE offers classic modular synthesis and more at a fraction of the cost of dedicated hardware. But like its hardware forebears, you can patch any output into any input: the number of different ways to connect modules together is practically infinite. Needless to say, you will never run out of cables!
ACE for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 69 EUR.
More information: u-he / ACE
B. Serrano has launched Horus, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Horus is something between a string-machine and a poly synth.
It can generate impressive and inspirative pads. Full MIDI learn, 64 voices polyphonic.
Horus for Windows (VST) is freeware.
More information: B. Serrano / Horus
ThaLoops has announced the release of TLi Acoustic Guitar, a virtual instrument and one-shot samples collection made specifically for modern urban music productions.
The sound-set includes pick sound and finger sound instrument presets and 244 one-shot acoustic guitar chord samples. Each note for the instrument presets was recorded at 5 velocity ranges (p, mp, mf, f, ff) making it total of 452 wav samples.
Additionally sound-set is packed with 244 one-shot chord variations covering all 12 keys of an octave played by a professional guitarist. Both simple and extended chords (e.g A#dim7, D#m6, Esus4) provides user with a material to build acoustic guitar chord progressions.
Virtual instrument presets are provided in VST WIN/MAC, Audio Units, Kontakt and Soundfont formats. One-shot chord samples are programmed into Kontakt, Battery, Reason NN-XT, Halion and Soundfont presets.
Tli Acoustic Guitar is available for purchase for $32.95 USD.
More information: ThaLoops / TLi Acoustic Guitar
AudioSpillage has announced the release of DrumSpillage 2, the first major update to its Mac OS X drum synthesizer instrument.
DrumSpillage 2 is a 16 part multi model drum synthesizer plugin for Mac OS X. DrumSpillage features 12 original drum models designed for synthesizing a diverse variety of unique electronic percussion sounds.
DrumSpillage 2 combines many new features with a brand new UI design.
Changes in DrumSpillage 2
- New streamlined UI design.
- Upgraded synthesis and DSP architecture including anti-aliasing oscillators.
- 4 LFOs per pad (upgraded from 2 in 1.x).
- Increased number of modulation destinations in the model editor.
- New LFO waveforms and smoother modulation for existing waveforms.
- Support for cross-modulating LFOs.
- Full dynamic velocity control over the synthesis parameters.
- New distortion algorithms.
- MPC/Maschine style pad layout preference.
- New kit presets designed especially for v2.
DrumSpillage 2 for Mac (AU) is available for £75 GBP / 90 EUR / $125 USD. The upgrade from 1.x costs £10 GBP / 12.50 EUR / $15.99 USD.
More information: AudioSpillage
Reveal Sound has released version 1.0.12 of its Spire synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Spire is a software polyphonic synthesizer that combines powerful sound engine modulation and flexible architecture, a graphical interface provides unparalleled usability. Spire is the embodiment of the best opportunities, both software and hardware synthesizers.
Changes in Spire v1.0.12
- Add: Filter Type “Combo” with 4 different modes.
- Add: Sound Bank Selector.
- Fixed: Stepper HOLD button state issue.
Spire for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for 139 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Reveal Sound