The Interruptor has announced the release of Night Flight, a virtual analogue string ensemble synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Night Flight emulates analogue string ensemble keyboards invented in the early 70′s.
String machines have been widely used in Pop, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Soul, and Disco music throughout the seventies and up to the early eighties when they were popular with New Wave acts. In recent years the sound has stirred interest again due to it’s distinct character and undeniable vintage charm.
“Night Flight” does not use any samples. It is based on an emulation of the ensemble effect first used by Eminent / Solina back in 1972 and an organ-like sound generation (octave divider). You will also find a number of features inspired by other string machines like the 3 band equalizer from the Crumar Performer or the Envelope Filter on the very rare ARP String Synthesizer.
Night Flight features
- 3 Oscillators (8 waveforms, pulse width control).
- Up to three simultaneous ensemble effects modelled on the eminent/solina architecture. Full access to the internal parameters of the ensemble effects.
- Optional divide-down mode featuring organ style phase-locked octaves.
- 3-Band Equalizer: Each band can be configured and automated via the LFO.
- Filter: 5 modes (LP2, LP4, BP, HP2, HP4), resonance, cutoff modulation via ADSR envelope, LFO, velocity or keyfollow.
- Amplifier section:
- Attack and Release. Decay and Sustain are available as under-the-hood parameters.
- For each oscillator a simple organ envelope can be selected as an alternative to the ADSR envelope.
- 1 LFO routable to pitch (vibrato), Filter cutoff or equalizer automation. Optional note sync.
- Selectable keyboard split points for bass and string footages.
- Effects section:
- phaser (two models) + delay/echo.
- configurable effect routing.
Night Flight for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $9 USD until April 15th, 2013.
More information: The Interruptor / Night Flight
The Interruptor has released updates for its Bionic Delay, Analogic Delay, Dub Siren, Wow & Flutter, Echolive, and Echomania plug-ins for Windows.
Echomania is capable of stereo delays, ping pong delays, multitap delays and complex delay textures.
Changes in plugins
- MIDI Learn: Each control can be automated via MIDI controllers. To assign a controller right-click on a control then choose “Learn” from the pop-up menu and twiggle the hardware controller you want to assign. Alternatively choose “Unlearn” or “Edit..” to assign a controller from a list.
- Rebuilt with the current version of SynthEdit. This improves performance on recent PC systems.
- Echomania: Added delay time smoothing to prevent digital clicks when switching delay times.
The Interruptor plug-ins are available for Windows PC (VST) at no cost.
More information: The Interruptor
The Interruptor has released version 1.1 of the Twin Bass bass synthesizer instrument for Windows.
VSTi Bass Synthesizer with a double filter architecture allowing to create rich mid-range bass textures together with a solid sub bass foundation. Also vocal-like timbres can be easily created. Features an extensive modulation matrix and individual outs for the filters.
Twin Bass synthesizer by The Interruptor.
Twin Bass features
- 2 Oscillators: Sine, Saw, Ramp, Triangle, Pulse, Noise.
- 2 Filters operating in parallel (connection in series is also possible).
- Filter 1: 2 x Low pass, 2 x High pass, Bandpass.
- Filter 2: stereo filter with separate cut-off for left and right side (2 x Low pass, 2 x High pass, Bandpass).
- Feedback loop for the entire filter section.
- Distortion effect with two modes
- hard: metallic distortion sound.
- soft: tube-like warm distortion.
- 3 x LFO, synchronized to host application.
- 3 x ADSR Envelope.
- Matrix: 5 modulation slots connect 12 modulation sources to 26 modulation destinations. Pitch bend, amplifier envelope and filter envelope are pre-wired.
- Process external signals: In Oscillator 2 an external signal can be selected as the waveform.
- MIDI learn: Right-click any control to assign a midi control and automate the parameter from your DAW.
- Monophonic modes with glide.
- Polyphonic modes with max. 8 simultaneous notes.
- Individual Outs are available for the two Filters.
- Structure display shows the signal flow of the synth as it results from your settings of the filter and FX routings.
- Pop-up hints: While the mouse hovers over a control a hint appears explaining the function of the control.
The Twin Bass is available to download as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows.
More information: The Interruptor / Twin Bass
Interruptor has updated Bionic Delay, a VST plug-in that gives you separate control over the delay times on left and right channel and is suitable for ping pong delays and drifting delays.
In v1.2 a new control “stereo width” is added.
- tape model including tape saturation, wow, flutter, low and high pass filtering
- separate control of delay time for left and right channel
- The delay time is not entered in milliseconds but as a notelength (in relation to the song tempo in your sequencer). The Groove parameter allows fine tuning from tripplet to dotted note timing.
- “Drift” parameter gives you the possibility to create delays wandering to the left or to right in the stereo field
- press the “Ping Pong” button to create delays alternating between left and right speaker.
- parameter “Smooth” creates continuous delay time changes like on a real tape delay (no digital clicks when changing delay time during the song)
- parameter “Stereo Width” varies stereo effect from subtle to drastic
- all parameters are controllable by midi controllers.
- pop-up hints help to understand the function of each control on the user interface.
Visit Interruptor.ch for more information and a link to download Bionic Delay v1.2.
Interruptor has released Wow & Flutter, a freeware VST plug-in which emulates the playback speed imperfections of the pre-digital era.
- playback speed is modulated in realtime by up to six oscillators
- intuitive controls: Non-linearly scaled controls allow to directly set the perceived pitch deviation depth and rate resulting from the playback speed modulation
- dual mode: In dual mode the left and the right channel are modulated separately
- flange mode: When the modulated signal is mixed with the original signal a flanging effect occurs. This feature recalls the times when recording engineers created a flange effect by applying pressure on the tape reel with their hand. Additional controls for feedback and delay allow to create more intense flange effects. Although the unit can be pushed to self-oscillation in extreme settings it will never cause digital clipping thanks to a compressor algorithm inserted into the feedback path
- A built-in test tone generator makes it easy to quickly check a particular setting with different signals or to use the plug-in as a self-contained “noise maker”
- If a control has no influence on the sound in a certain mode it will disappear from the surface
- All parameters are controllable by midi controllers
- Pop-up hints help to understand the function of each control on the user interface. These appear when the mouse rests over a control
- Also the assignment of midi controllers is documented in the pop-up hints
Visit Interruptor for more information and a link to download Wow & Flutter v1.0.