Emerge Audio has announced the release of Essential Pack for Beat Maker 2, a collection of 100 sample-based instruments for the keyboard sampler.
Essential pack is a sound library dedicated to all composers who love to have mobile studio in a pocket.
This set expands BeatMaker’s instruments library and as a result of the fact all these presets are tagged it perfectly integrates with original sound collection.
Essential Pack features
- 100 sample-based presets with more than 1300 samples ( approx. 600MB).
- Mainly synth sounds: basses, keys, leads, pads, atmospheres and other synth sounds.
- All samples are high quality, where was a need – stereo samples.
- Multisample layers, some instruments use 4 layers (depending on velocity different sample is played – not only for “brightness” but also for round-robin effect).
- Many instruments use BeatMaker’s synth editor, for example pads utilize amp envelope and filter envelope – so You can set attack from 0ms to very long.
The Essential Pack for Beat Maker 2 is now available at the introductory price of $4.99 USD until May 19th, 2013 (regular $7.99 USD).
More information: Emerge Audio / Essential Pack for Beat Maker 2
Posted in news
on Nov 21, 2012
Intua has released version 2.4 of the BeatMaker music app for iOS.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Changes in BeatMaker v2.4
- Stereo bus recording on audio tracks.
- Four audio sends available per mixer tracks.
- New 6-band parametric equalizer (LPF, low shelf, band-pass, peak, notch, high shelf, HPF).
- New side-chain option in compressor effect.
- Double-tapping track handles in sequencer brings instrument/audio track configuration.
- iPhone 5 compatibility.
- UI and engine improvements.
- Time-stretch and pitch-shift quality/settings have been improved.
- Ability to zoom vertically in the sequencer.
- Faster graphic rendering on iPad 3 with iOS 6.x installed.
- Improve virtual MIDI.
- Updated Dropbox SDK to 1.3.2.
- Fix a bug in empty keyboard sampler when LFO settings were changed.
- Dropbox will now work when background mode is disabled.
- Fix file transfer lock issue on iOS 6.
- Fix handling of incoming “packed” MIDI data (Genome MIDI sequencer, etc.)
The app is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Intua / BeatMaker
Jeremy Evers has released xi2bmk2, a tool for converting .xi instruments to samples for Beatmaker 2.
Here’s a little tool that I cooked up to share with old-school fast tracker 2 heads that play with beatmaker 2.
xi2bmk2 will rip through your dusty old .xi instrument collection, and convert it to a shiny new .bmk2 and .wav collection.
- xi2bmk2 will operate recursively on an input directory that you specify. The first folders that it encounters will become the category names in the .bmk2 file.
- You can use the .wavs for whatever you like, but the tuning information, key maps, and loop points are all stored in the .bmk2 xml.
- Since fast tracker‘s envelopes were so radical, they are not converted to the standard ADSR that beatmaker 2 uses.
- Stereo pair instruments (identified by two files, *L.xi and *R.xi, in the same folder, with matching keymaps and samples) will be magically welded back together into a single stereo instrument.
xi2bmk2 is available to download for Windows PC at no cost.
More information: Jeremy Evers
Posted in news
on Feb 07, 2011
Intua has released BeatMaker 2, a mobile music workstation for iOS.
Combining music production tools that made the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 brings a powerful and easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Build your own virtual home-studio creating multiple instruments, connecting them to a full-range of audio effects. Compose, record, arrange and transform your ideas into complete songs, ready to be shared with others.
Import your own sounds or use the included sound library: more than 170 high-quality instruments and drum presets from synthesizers to realistic orchestral sounds.
You can even import songs from your iPod library!
BeatMaker 2 for Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later is available to purchase for $19.99 USD / 15.99 EUR / £11.99 GBP.
More information: Intua / BeatMaker 2