LiquidSonics has released Mobile Convolution, a true-stereo reverb processor for use with Audiobus and Inter-App Audio hosts.
It allows the IR to be stretched, cropped and envelopes applied to shape the sound of the reverb in a very natural and musical way.
A collection of impulse responses is provided, and external impulse responses can be added via Open-In… support in apps like Mail, Safari and Dropbox, or downloaded directly from within the app.
The app is available from the iTunes App Store for $9.99 USD.
More information: Liquidsonics / Mobile Convolution
Patchworks has released version 1.2 of the Conductr Ableton Live controller app for iPad app, featuring a new 4-dimensional XY pad.
After its successful transition to a freemium model last June, Conductr takes a step further and launches a long awaited feature: the XY-4D pad.
Many Conductr users have been asking for an XY pad for months. But the Conductr developers didn’t want to release a XY just like any other. So they took their time to create the Conductr XY-4D pad.
A Conductr XY-4D pad can be created just like a User Module, and can contain 4 fx units. Each unit allows you to control up to 4 parameters: one horizontally (X), one vertically (Y), one by pinching (Z) and one on/off parameter when tapping (K). So you can control up to 16 parameters in a single module, and even have up to 64 parameters at your fingertips in the Playground with the 4 user modules view mode.
Last but not least: each XY-4D unit has a reset and a freeze mode. You can go as crazy as you want and never get lost.
Changes in Conductr v1.2
- New: 4-dimensional XY pad:
- Each XY-4D pad can contain up to 4 fx units.
- Control up to 4 parameters in a single fx unit: one horizontally (X), one vertically (Y), one by pinching (Z) and one on/off parameter by tapping (K).
- Each fx unit has a reset and a freeze mode.
- Control 16 parameters in a single XY-4D pad.
- Control up to 64 parameters with the Playground’s 4 User Modules view mode.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
From now on, the Conductr free basic version will include one XY-4D fx unit. Users can purchase the Premium User Modules to get unlimited User Modules featuring a complete XY-4D pad on each module.
More information: Conductr
Native Instruments has released version 1.5 of Traktor DJ, a DJ mixing app for iOS.
Create mixes in seconds with TRAKTOR DJ for iOS. Touch and manipulate music as waveforms on your iOS device using hand gestures you already know. This isn’t just an app – this is as close to the music as it gets.
Changes in Traktor DJ v1.5.1
- New SuperSlicer feature available for in-app purchase.
- History Playlists remember what you play so you don’t have to.
- Beat Grid improvements with pinch-to-zoom and magnetic snapping.
- Some bugfixes for the browser.
- Enhanced performance on latest generation devices.
Traktor DJ is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Native Instruments / Traktor DJ
Igor Vasiliev at iMusicAlbum has updated the Audio Mastering app for iPad to version 2.7.
Audio Mastering is designed to be the first application for iPad with 96 kHz internal and external processing truly provides professional audio quality when finalizing your mix. It can be used for processing audio files and as final sound processor for a mixing console (with external audio interface).
Changes in Audio Mastering v2.7
- Supports 96 kHz / 32-bit audio processing.
- Supports Audiobus 2.x in Input, Effect and Output slots.
- Added Audiobus “State Saving” feature.
- New Stereo Imaging process options.
- New color schemes.
- Built-in description updated.
- Minor bug fixes.
The app is available for purchase for $5.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering
Cakewalk has released version 1.3 of Z3TA+ iOS, a synthesizer app for iPad.
The legendary Z3TA+ synthesizer has been used on countless records, and it’s distinctive sound has been a staple of electronic artists the world over. And now Z3TA+ iOS puts the full power of Z3TA+2 on your iPad. Packed with hundreds of presets, modulatable waveshaping, dual mode filters, and flexible effects, Z3TA+ iOS is the perfect creative synth for making music anywhere, anytime.
Changes in Z3TA+ iOS v1.3
- Import Z3TA+ presets from iOS, or Z3TA+ 2 Plug-in, available on Windows & OS X.
- Import User Waves, MIDI Arps, Scala Tuning files, and presets via iTunes Sharing.
- Export Z3TA+ iOS presets via AirDrop, or email.
- Capability to search presets.
- Capability to create preset “favorites”.
- Scala tuning support.
- Copy / Paste Functionality for individual Oscillators, Envelope Generators, Low Frequency Oscillators, and Delay Effects.
- “Please Rate This App” Button in Options Menu.
Z3TA+ iOS is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. The update is free for current Z3TA+ iOS owners.
More information: Cakewalk / Z3TA+ iOS
Klevgränd Production has released version 1.1 of the SquashIt multiband distortion app for iOS.
This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset. SquashIt doesn’t sound vintage, it just sounds good. SquashIt is developed by musicians for musicians.
Version 1.1 adds support for AudioBus 2 including state saving! It is also universal and works on iPhone 4S and later.
- SquashIt! is Inter app audio (IAA) compatible. This means you can use it with Garageband or other IAA compatible sequencers.
- AudioBus 2 compatible (including state saving).
- Load / Save presets.
- Remembers IAA hosts (will automatically load last used settings when a host connects).
- Low cpu usage.
- Simple but yet powerful user interface.
The app is available for purchase for $2.99 USD. SquashIt is also available for Mac (AU) as freeware.
More information: Klevgränd Production / SquashIt
Xmonsta has launched PULL, a touchscreen device editor for Ableton that uses the iPad.
It is an extremely fast and efficient workflow tool. Use it alongside other controllers, such as Ableton PUSH, or APC40, or any other controller, even a mouse.
In a nutshell, PULL allows you to edit fullscreen versions of every ableton device from your iPad . It follows any device that is currently selected and displays a very large, multi-touch template on the iPad for editing.
PULL is available for purchase for £25 GBP.
More information: Xmonsta / PULL