Akai Pro has released version 1.1 of iMPC Pro, the professional music production app for iPad.
iMPC Pro is a 64-track music production powerhouse for your iPad. With built-in sampling functionality, a massive sound library, effects, and over 30 performance-driven features, iMPC Pro brings the functionality of Akai Professional’s coveted Music Production Center to your iPad.
Developed in partnership with Retronyms, the developers of the original iMPC app, iMPC Pro comes with pro-grade tools for intuitive beat creation whenever inspiration strikes. It combines multiple sampling methods, producer-tested MPC features, a custom sample library from Richard Devine, and an intuitive gestural editor for the most powerful, creative and fun iPad music production experience yet.
Changes in iMPC Pro v1.1
- Trim endpoint saves and loads properly.
- Delete Sounds.
- Velocity for iMPC Element fixed.
- Added sound delete (drag to trash).
- Crash on set global for FX return and Master Fader fixed.
- Can now open and close precision mode controls while popover is active.
- Performance improvements on save and load sessions and sample edits.
- FX returns were moving some fader controls. This is fixed.
- iMPC Pro now registers as a InterApp Audio Instrument. Should sync better with Cubasis and other hosts.
- You can now drag pads across banks using multitouch. (e.g: begin dragging pad, select bank b, drop pad).
- Various other small fixes and performance improvements.
iMPC Pro is available for purchase for $12.99 USD for a limited time (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Akai Pro / iMPC Pro
PSOFT has announced the release of PSOFT Audio Player, a multipurpose music player app for iPhone/iPod touch.
PSOFT Audio Player is a special music player with which you can modify the sound however you like. It allows you to apply to the audio data various types of signal transformations in real-time, such as changing the playing speed and key, removing or extracting sound from a specified band, analyzing the musical scale and displaying chords, etc.
The app stands out due to its remarkable audio quality. With usual audio devices, changes to the key and playing speed almost always result in a noticeable degradation of the audio quality. However, by using our company’s “PhaseGear” technology, this app succeeds in reducing audio degradation to its utmost minimum. The result is surprisingly natural-sounding audio.
Use the app for all kinds of tasks such as ear training or language study by slowing down the playing speed, creating karaoke tracks by removing the vocals from the original track, listening to podcasts more efficiently by increasing the playing speed, etc.
The app is available for purchase for $7.99 USD.
More information: PSOFT
Intermorphic has released version 2.5.22 of the Noatikl generative music lab for Windows, Mac & iOS.
Love generative music? Explore & design your own fascinating soundscapes with Noatikl, the evolution of SSEYO Koan – now with SoundFont (SF2) support!* Noatikl’s got the power, features and breadth of control that you need.
Changes in Noatikl v2.5.22
- Noatikl Desktop and Desktop Audio Plugins:
- New: Added Soundfont SF2 support (mono only – stereo channel data is ignored for now), accessed/selected via Wavetable Sound Unit.
- New: Includes 6 all new high quality SF2 files (Drums Acoustic, Piano Upright, Piano Electric, Guitar 12-String, Synths, E-Perc).
- Added: “Send all CC events” checkbox in Preferences; uncheck to send only Bank Select, Micro Controllers and User Envelopes.
- Added: Crash reporting, so we can be much more responsive for finding and fixing any crashes.
- Fixed: Missing tempo envelope support.
- Fixed: Crash on start if you had a mono audio input device selected as default in Audio MIDI Setup on Mac…
- Fixed: Behaviour of “Auto Restart?” parameter.
- Fixed: Listening voice behaviour.
- Improved: Much easier to use wavetables in Noatikl via the Wavetable unit (the DLS and Samples dialogs are now deprecated).
- Improved: Files are now saved and opened by default from Music/Intermorphic/… so they are much more easily shared with Mixtikl, and with Noatikl and Mixtikl for iOS.
- Improved: Tempo changing; now much smoother.
- Improved: “Getting started” information is now shown when you have no documents open.
- Improved: Renamed “Use Patch?” voice parameter to “Send MIDI Bank/Patch?”.
- Improved: Most pop-up panels (e.g. MIDI cooker) can now be resized.
- Removed: Timer Accuracy (ms) from Noatikl preferences (deprecated).
- Noatikl iOS:
- Fixed Tempo envelope operation.
- Improved tempo changing; now much smoother.
- Bug fixes.
Noatikl desktop and audio plugins are available for purchase for $49.99 USD each. The iOS version is free to download from the iTunes App Store ($9.99 USD in-app purchase required to unlock some features).
More information: Intermorphic / Noatikl
Holderness Media has announced the release of Caramel, a highly playable distortion, crusher and fattener effect processor for iPad.
Designed for use with the Audiobus app and USB audio interfaces, Caramel lets you easily add grit, punch and character to input sources such as drums, synth, bass and guitar. Create punchy distorted drum sounds and basslines, colorful lo-fi digital distortion and more.
Caramel also works as an Inter-app Audio effect inside hosts such as AudioShare, Auria, Cubasis and Apple’s own Garageband. Caramel supports Core MIDI for controlling the effect parameters with your favorite MIDI controllers.
- Great for adding punch, grit and sonic character to drums, bass and synths with ease.
- Compatible with USB audio interfaces such as the Apogee Jam, One, Duet and many more.
- Crunch, Crush, Girth, Sizzle and Bite parameters for shaping your distortion tone.
- Girth parameter adds subtle to punishing low end boost to drums and bass.
- Independent left and right channel effects engines can be linked or controlled independently for interesting stereo distortion.
- Use Caramel as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
- Supports new Audiobus 2 state saving feature for full parameter recall via Audiobus presets.
- Supports Core MIDI, Virtual MIDI and Network MIDI, plus MIDI learn for easily mapping your favorite controller to Caramel’s effect parameters.
- Two distinct modes: Perform and Tweak.
- Playable presets, allowing for interesting sonic experimentation on the fly.
- Several stereo output modes including Normal Stereo, Wide Stereo and Sum To Mono.
Caramel is available for purchase for $4.99 USD at the iTunes AppStore.
More information: Caramel
Novation has updated the LaunchPad App to version 1.6.1, which now supports iPhone.
We’ve just updated Launchpad app so it works on iPhone too! Now you can easily make and remix beats and electronic music directly on your iPhone, then record and share your performances online.
Launch up to eight loops at a time using a special 8×6 version of the Launchpad grid. Experiment with ready-to-perform sessions from a variety of genres, download new Launchpacks to expand your collection, or make custom sessions with your own sounds on iPad.
Built-in time stretching and synchronisation keep your loops locked in time, whilst you use volume sliders and filters to control your mix on iPad, and dynamic filter, gater, stutter and delay FX on iPhone.
LaunchPad App features
- Create and remix electronic music by combining loops and sounds from a huge catalogue of free, world-class Loopmasters content.
- Perform a unique set with powerful, dynamic DJ effects.
- Record and share your performances with your friends.
- Download cutting-edge soundpacks to inspire new creations.
- Create unique tracks by importing your own sounds (iPad only).
- Connect the app to your Novation Launchpad hardware for ultimate tactile control (iPad only).
The app is a free download at the iTunes App Store.
More information: Novation / LaunchPad App
iMusicAlbum has announced the release of AltiSpace, a convolution reverb for iPad and iPhone.
The realistic sound of famous reverb equipment for your iPad and iPhone! Includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from actual devices and the possibility to upload your own reverb space impulses. Intuitive and compact user interface for maximum ease and efficiency.
What is the convolution reverb?
Briefly, convolution reverb is based on a process that digitally ‘captures’ the reverb characteristics of another reverb effects unit or the reverb response of a real acoustic space. It is based on the mathematical convolution operation, and uses a pre-recorded audio sample of the impulse response of the device or space being modeled. The process of convolution multiplies each sample of the audio to be processed (reverberated) with the samples in the impulse response file.
- High-quality, fast convolution algorithm.
- Parametric equaliser with high and low pass filters.
- Impulse response envelope editor with “reverse” function.
- Amplitude and frequence modulator.
- Stereo width control.
- Built-in library that contains more than 200 impulse responses from famous analogue and digital reverbs.
- Upload additional impulse responses in different audio formats.
- Preset hotkeys, possibility to save current sample and its params.
The app is available for purchase for $5.99 USD.
More information: iMusicAlbum / AltiSpace
Steinberg has announced the release of VST Connect Performer for iPad, an app that offers online remote recording collaboration with producers and musicians in real time.
Steinberg’s VST Connect plug-in links Cubase production environments to any musician connected to the Internet through a computer or iPad running VST Connect Performer.
VST Connect Performer transmits audio data from the iPad to the host computer and establishes a communications uplink between musicians and producers.
VST Connect Performer requires a peer-to-peer connection with VST Connect SE (included in Cubase versions 7.5 and 7 and Nuendo versions 6.5 and 6) or VST Connect Pro.
“VST Connect Performer’s finally available for the iPad. This means that musicians and producers collaborating with studios running VST Connect don’t need a laptop or computer but can stream their performance directly from the iPad. And the display’s real estate gives users sufficient room to navigate easily around the app,” said Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
VST Connect Performer features
- Collaborate with other musicians and producers around the world.
- Peer-to-peer solution with sample accurate sync.
- Cue mix section for optimal recording environment.
- Encrypted transfer for secure exchange of important audio material (VST Connect Pro only).
- Multi-channel support for remote recording of up to 16 channels (VST Connect Pro only).
- Up to 192 kHz and 24-bit audio support with downstream transfer of large-scale uncompressed audio files (VST Connect Pro only).
- LAN support for connections in your local network (VST Connect Pro only).
VST Connect Performer for iPad is now available to purchase through the App Store for 4.49 EUR incl. German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / VST Connect Performer