Novation has updated the LaunchPad App to version 1.6.1, which now supports iPhone.
We’ve just updated Launchpad app so it works on iPhone too! Now you can easily make and remix beats and electronic music directly on your iPhone, then record and share your performances online.
Launch up to eight loops at a time using a special 8×6 version of the Launchpad grid. Experiment with ready-to-perform sessions from a variety of genres, download new Launchpacks to expand your collection, or make custom sessions with your own sounds on iPad.
Built-in time stretching and synchronisation keep your loops locked in time, whilst you use volume sliders and filters to control your mix on iPad, and dynamic filter, gater, stutter and delay FX on iPhone.
LaunchPad App features
- Create and remix electronic music by combining loops and sounds from a huge catalogue of free, world-class Loopmasters content.
- Perform a unique set with powerful, dynamic DJ effects.
- Record and share your performances with your friends.
- Download cutting-edge soundpacks to inspire new creations.
- Create unique tracks by importing your own sounds (iPad only).
- Connect the app to your Novation Launchpad hardware for ultimate tactile control (iPad only).
The app is a free download at the iTunes App Store.
More information: Novation / LaunchPad App
iMusicAlbum has announced the release of AltiSpace, a convolution reverb for iPad and iPhone.
The realistic sound of famous reverb equipment for your iPad and iPhone! Includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from actual devices and the possibility to upload your own reverb space impulses. Intuitive and compact user interface for maximum ease and efficiency.
What is the convolution reverb?
Briefly, convolution reverb is based on a process that digitally ‘captures’ the reverb characteristics of another reverb effects unit or the reverb response of a real acoustic space. It is based on the mathematical convolution operation, and uses a pre-recorded audio sample of the impulse response of the device or space being modeled. The process of convolution multiplies each sample of the audio to be processed (reverberated) with the samples in the impulse response file.
- High-quality, fast convolution algorithm.
- Parametric equaliser with high and low pass filters.
- Impulse response envelope editor with “reverse” function.
- Amplitude and frequence modulator.
- Stereo width control.
- Built-in library that contains more than 200 impulse responses from famous analogue and digital reverbs.
- Upload additional impulse responses in different audio formats.
- Preset hotkeys, possibility to save current sample and its params.
The app is available for purchase for $5.99 USD.
More information: iMusicAlbum / AltiSpace
Steinberg has announced the release of VST Connect Performer for iPad, an app that offers online remote recording collaboration with producers and musicians in real time.
Steinberg’s VST Connect plug-in links Cubase production environments to any musician connected to the Internet through a computer or iPad running VST Connect Performer.
VST Connect Performer transmits audio data from the iPad to the host computer and establishes a communications uplink between musicians and producers.
VST Connect Performer requires a peer-to-peer connection with VST Connect SE (included in Cubase versions 7.5 and 7 and Nuendo versions 6.5 and 6) or VST Connect Pro.
“VST Connect Performer’s finally available for the iPad. This means that musicians and producers collaborating with studios running VST Connect don’t need a laptop or computer but can stream their performance directly from the iPad. And the display’s real estate gives users sufficient room to navigate easily around the app,” said Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
VST Connect Performer features
- Collaborate with other musicians and producers around the world.
- Peer-to-peer solution with sample accurate sync.
- Cue mix section for optimal recording environment.
- Encrypted transfer for secure exchange of important audio material (VST Connect Pro only).
- Multi-channel support for remote recording of up to 16 channels (VST Connect Pro only).
- Up to 192 kHz and 24-bit audio support with downstream transfer of large-scale uncompressed audio files (VST Connect Pro only).
- LAN support for connections in your local network (VST Connect Pro only).
VST Connect Performer for iPad is now available to purchase through the App Store for 4.49 EUR incl. German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / VST Connect Performer
WaveMachine Labs has released version 1.151 of its Auria recording app for iPad.
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/96 kHz tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks simultaneously (through a supported USB multichannel audio interface), and edit and mix with familiar tools and full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitrack recording.
Changes in Auria v1.151
- Issue with deleting automation.
- Auria muting output when using Audiobus on an Aux or Subgroup output.
- Freezing issue with mono tracks and IAA plug-ins.
- Import issue when importing audio for video.
- Tempo issue using auto-time stretching when importing certain loops.
- International characters problem with AudioCopy/Paste.
- Issue with removing an IAA plugin and the previous plug-in getting re-enabled.
- IAA issue with mono tracks when quitting the plug-in outside of Auria.
Auria is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $24.99 USD.
More information: WaveMachine Labs / Auria
IK Multimedia has released iRig MIDI 2, a portable Lighting/USB MIDI interface.
Introducing iRig MIDI 2, the first Lightning/USB compatible mobile MIDI interface that works with all generations of iOS devices as well as Mac and PC.
It features everything you loved about iRig MIDI but with even greater pocketability, connectivity and control. Simply put, it’s the perfect MIDI solution for the musician on the move.
iRig MIDI 2 features
- Universal MIDI interface for Lightning iOS devices as well as all prior generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch plus Mac and PC.
- Ultra-portable, pocket-sized form factor that you can take with you anywhere.
- Detachable bumper-friendly cables for seamless, universal connectivity.
- Lighting connector and USB cable included, 30-pin cable available separately.
- Standard-sized MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports.
- MIDI IN/OUT LED indicators for at-a-glance monitoring of MIDI data transmission.
- Draws power from host device instead of a bulky power adaptor.
- Comes with a powerful suite of music creation apps SampleTank Free, iGrand Piano FREE and SampleTank 3 SE.
- Elegant and durable rubberized enclosure.
- Designed and made in Modena, Italy.
iRig MIDI 2 is available for purchase for 79.99 EUR / $99.99 USD (excl. taxes).
More information: IK Multimedia / iRig MIDI 2
Propellerhead Software has released Take, a free creative vocal recorder app for iOS.
Take Creative Vocal Recorder is your instantly available vocal recorder that helps you capture your lyric or song ideas before they are gone. With state-of-the-art recording and audio processing, your recordings will sound amazing too!
Take has three separate tracks for recording your own audio, so you can create overdubs or harmonies. Or even record your guitar! Take also comes with a bunch of factory made backing track Beats to help you get inspired – or simply to help you keep the tempo.
Tune your recording to perfection with mixing and effects. When you are happy with the results, share your music with your friends online!
- One-Tap Recording — With a single tap you’ll be recording, beatboxing, overdubbing and creating song ideas to share with your friends or the world.
- Loops & Rhythms — Kick-start your creativity—and stay in the groove—with built-in clicks, loops and beats.
- Three Parts Per Song — Add new parts, double them up and create harmonies. Take gives you three tracks per song to sketch out your ideas.
- Makes you sound great — Take’s processing and effects will make your iPhone’s built-in mic shine. Surprise yourself with how good you sound.
- Share with Your Friends — Instantly share your song ideas with friends via Facebook, Twitter and email.
Take for iOS is a free download from the iTunes App Store.
More information: Propellerhead / Take
Positive Grid has released version 1.5 of BIAS, a custom app modeler app for iPad.
Insane is one of the new expansion packs for Positive Grid’s BIAS app.
Positive Grid expands the popular custom amp modeler with three new dedicated expansion packs: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. Guitarists and bassists will now be able to add further customization to their BIAS preamp, power amp, and cabinet modules by tone styles: from glassy clean tone, to classic british crunch, to insanely saturated distortion.
BIAS includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Now, along with the new Glassy, Crunch, and Insane packs, BIAS also includes a new easy-to-use 8-band EQ with the purchase of any pack, as well as a new BIAS store and better JamUp integration –another Positive Grid app consisting of several multi effect stompboxes-. As always, user can share it with other musicians on Positive Grid’s proprietary social network, ToneCloud.
BIAS for iPad is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. The new in-app expansion packs are $9.99 USD each.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Bartlomiej Niemtur has announced EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument), a trumpet practice app for your phone.
Struck by inspiration but got nothing to play on? Ever wanted to practice fingerings, but couldn’t?
Imagine what would it be to carry an instrument with you, ready to play anytime, anywhere. A tool that is practical, comfortable and fun.
Enter EVI app, an Electronic Valve Instrument, modeled after a real-world trumpet and adapted to your phone.
- Focuses on simplicity and usability.
- Big buttons, play even without looking at the screen.
- Valves placement and behaviour just like in the real trumpet.
- Practical, play any trumpet note, anytime, anywhere.
- Modern design, friendly interface, intuitive animations.
- Uses a simple, universal synth sound..
- No blowing into the microphone; use buttons instead. Three additional buttons correspond to blowing and embouchure changes, they’re easy to reach and provide a more comfortable experience.
The EVI app is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $1.99 USD.
More information: EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument)