The Loopr live loop composer for iOS has been updated to v1.2, which now features a realtime editable step sequencer to seamlessly compose songs (cmpsr mode).
Still 64 audio tracks, organized in phrases and groups, all usable through dedicated MIDI pedalboard controls or the enhanced touchscreen UI.
You can switch between ‘loopr’ and ‘cmpsr’ modes at any time and therefore liveloop seamlessly for yourself or your audience.
Changes in Loopr v1.2
- Realtime editable step sequencer (cmpsr mode – on 4” devices).
- Audio clone to new phrase function (+tgp functions).
- Addition of new MIDI program controls.
- Improved ergonomics.
- Minor tweaks, bug resolutions and enhancements.
Loopr for iOS is available to purchase for $0.99 USD.
More information: Loopr
VirSyn has announced microTERA for iPad, a virtual wave shaping synthesizer instrument.
Wave Shaping Synthesis is a type of distortion synthesis that can create dynamic spectra in a controlled way. In waveshaping it is possible to change the spectrum with the amplitude of the sound. A simple example of this method is the clipping caused by overdriving an audio amplifier.
The waveshaper is the core of microTERA’s synthesis engine. It works as a distortion unit that takes up to three sine waves as input and delivers an arbitrary spectrum as output.
microTERA gives you also a unique method of getting randomly generated sound patches in a way you never experienced before: roll the dice!
Every single try gives you a new unique sound patch, really every try, promised…
microTERA for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / microTERA for iPad
IK Multimedia has announced the release of GrooveMaker 2 for iPad, the most powerful mobile loop based music making app with a patented “groove generator” engine that lets anyone create professional quality non-stop grooves, beats and songs in real time.
GrooveMaker 2.1 adds universal compatibility that provides iPad users with an intuitive groove making interface and full suite of professional tools and effects for creating music and grooves on the go on an iPad.
GrooveMaker 2 provides a completely new and intuitive way of making music by using groups of loops called songs (60 loops per song) that always sound good together, and users use these to build grooves and complete songs.
GrooveMaker 2 gives users total control over the creation, mixing and remixing process from a newly designed iOS 7 style interface and intuitive controls, loop import, automatic mixing controls, loop effects, mastering effects, groove sequencing and export controls. With GrooveMaker 2, anyone can make music and be a DJ, anywhere, any time.
GrooveMaker 2 for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / GrooveMaker 2 for iPad
Cakewalk has announced the release of Z3TA+ for iOS, bringing the waveshaping synthesizer to the iPad.
The legendary Z3TA+ synthesizer has been used on countless records, and it’s distinctive sound has been a staple of electronic artists the world over. Now Z3TA+ iOS puts the full power of Z3TA+ on your iPad.
Packed with hundreds of presets, real-time oscillator modulation, dual mode filtering, and flexible effects. Z3TA+ iOS is the perfect creative toolkit for making music anywhere, anytime.
Z3TA+ for iOS features
- Includes over 500 presets.
- Inter-App Audio, Background Audio and AudioBus support.
- Classic waveshaping Z3TA+ 2 synth engine with 6 Oscillators, 6 LFO’s and more.
- Modulation Matrix including 16 Sources, Curves, Controls and Destinations.
- Advanced modular effects including Distortion, Mod, Compression and more.
- External MIDI control and user-friendly onboard Keyboard.
- Performance section with Tap Tempo, assignable XY Pad, Mod Wheels, and User Controlled In-Key Pitch Bend.
The app is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Cakewalk / Z3TA+ for iOS
Image-Line has released version 1.1 of its IL Remote, a free user-configurable virtual MIDI controller application for FL Studio, Deckadance 2 and plugins.
Just open FL Studio 11.0.4 or Deckadance 2.3 (not yet released) on your computer, enable Image-Line Remote on the MIDI settings and then open IL Remote on up to 15 Android and or iOS devices. The connection is made automatically over a Wi-Fi network.
Changes in IL Remote v1.1
- New splash screen with FL Studio or Deckadance targeting.
- Deckadance support.
- MIDI channel selector for all controls.
- Mixer scrolling (now with 99 Mixer channels).
- MIDI channel override for Container contents.
- Keyboard scale highlighting.
- Custom scales for Harmonic Grid.
- Increased sensitivity range for Jogwheels.
- “Send on/off” option for knobs and Jogwheels.
- Color of selected controls are now added to the custom color list.
- Many small bug-fixes and improvements.
IL Remote for Android and iOS is available to download at no charge.
More information: Image-Line / IL Remote
Steinberg has announced the release of version 1.7.2 of its Cubasis multitouch sequencer app for the iPad.
This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and is highly recommended for all users of Cubasis.
Changes in Cubasis v1.7.2
- Audio track playback performance has been drastically increased on all devices.
- Audio track freeze.
- Setup option to enlarge the audio recording buffer has been added.
- New latency setup option added (IO buffer size can be adjusted between 128/256/512).
- Maximum polyphony has been increased to a value of 128.
- New tracks will now be created below the selected track.
- CPU/Polyphony display has been overhauled (please refer to In-App help for more details).
- Newly created audio files appear highlighted in the MediaBay.
- A new overlay informs about imported files (replacing the previous popup).
- Separating files for tracks in mixdown now includes track names for each file.
- The touchable area of the preset selection arrows in Micrologue and Micro Sonic has been improved.
- Cycle mode is automatically activated when setting the locators to the selection by long tapping an event.
- Creating an event by double tapping in the arrange window area now automatically selects the corresponding track.
- MIDI tracks assigned to “No Instrument” now display drum pads instead of chord pads as an alternative to the keyboard.
- Several minor usability improvements.
- Fixed: CB-1308 Disabling solo states restores the states of previously muted tracks.
- Fixed: CB-1451 Fixes an issue where glitches occurred when an IAA app was connected during playback.
- Fixed: CB-1456 The loading time of Cubasis projects that contain IAA apps has been lowered.
- Fixed: CB-1459 Fixes an issue where Inter-App Audio effects were ignored when performing a mixdown.
- Fixed: CB-1455 Fixes an issue where a mixdown or freeze of certain Inter-App Audio instrument apps lead to detuned audio material.
- Fixed: CB-1448 The iOS keyboard now closes automatically when the help screen is closed.
- Fixed: CB-1463 Transferring Mod wheel commands via MIDI out now works as expected.
- Fixed: CB-1464 Fixes a rare phenomenon where the preview of audio files (e.g. a mixdown) in the MediaBay played an outdated version of the file.
- Fixed: CB-1468 Fixes a rare phenomenon where audio tracks continued to play after the playback had been stopped.
- Fixed: CB-1453 Cycle playback on slower devices no longer results in unwanted audible clicks or crackles.
- Fixed: CB-1484 Fixes a rare issue where the instrument rack fails to open fully.
- Fixed: CB-1486 Fixes a rare issue where loading of duplicated snapshot project files fails.
- Fixed: CB-1501 MIDI input for multiple tracks on the same channel now works as expected.
- Fixed: CB-1502 AudioCopy of files that are not in 44.1kHz 16-bit format now works as expected.
The Cubasis app is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. The version 1.7.2 update can now be downloaded on the Apple App Store.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Wolfgang Palm has announced the release of version 2.0 of PPG WaveMapper, a synthesizer instrument for iOS.
In final development the PPG WaveMapper offers iPad users a second synthesiser to compliment the already loved PPG WaveGenerator from Wolfgang Palm. PPG WaveMapper allows the user the opportunity to create limitless sounds from this unique and powerful new technology.
PPG WaveMapper features the Sound Map, which maps the various sounds in a way to easily access and experiment with them, more importantly the PPG WaveMapper features a new synthesis system which maps the waveforms of a sound into a new kind of wavetable which preserves the sound characteristics better than classic Wavetable synthesis and at the same time allows for the manipulations which make WT synthesis so unique.
Changes in PPG WaveMapper v2.0
- Inter-app Audio (IAA) with MIDI.
- Load audio files from Media Library – Analysis page.
- Wavetable exchange via pasteboard with WaveGenerator.
- App switching with WaveGenerator.
- Audiobus 188.8.131.52 compatible.
- Minor bug fixes.
The app is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Wolfgang Palm / PPG WaveMapper
Holderness Media has launched Stereo Designer, an easy to use multi-purpose stereo shaper and Mid/Side processing effect for iPad.
Designed for use with the Audiobus app, Stereo Designer lets you easily sculpt the stereo image of input sources such as vocals, guitar and synths. Create unique wide stereo images, stereoize a mono input, apply mid/side processing and more.
Stereo Designer also works as an Inter-app Audio effect inside hosts such as AudioShare, Auria, Cubasis and Apple’s own Garageband.
Stereo Designer features
- Control individual Left/Right channel volume, panning, filter and more.
- Mid/Side (M/S) processing mode lets you adjust the volume, high and low pass filters for Mid and Side independently.
- Widen or reduce the stereo width of an input signal.
- Independent panning position of each channel, allowing for interesting stereo placement.
- Individual High and Low Pass filter per channel for additional stereo shaping.
- Phase (polarity) invert Left/Right channels.
- Isolate the Left or Right channel and manipulate the resulting mono signal.
- “Stereoize” mono inputs using individual channel delay + High and Low Pass filters.
- Sum Left and Right channels to mono.
Stereo Designer is now available on the App Store for $2.99 USD.
More information: Holderness Media / Stereo Designer