Sinevibes has announced the release of Sequential for iPad, its first iOS app.
Combining an audio player with a multi-effect sequencer, Sequential lets you instantly reshape any loop beyond imaginable, create amazing breaks, fills and transitions, and turn even the simplest sounds into unique animated textures.
Sequential for iPad features
- Powerful effects. Sequential lets you load audio samples for looped playback and apply up to 11 different effects in a rhythmical fashion. It includes many classic algorithms such as low- and high-pass filters, flanger, resonator, bit crusher, but goes much further with Sinevibes’ trademark wave transformer, circuit bender and even synthesizers controlled by the sound’s dynamics.
- Fun workflow. Creating effect patterns with Sequential is more gameplay than workflow. With its bold shapes, clever color coding and all-round use of animations, it feels alive and almost connected straight to your brain. All parameters you change are saved along the audio files and recalled without you even noticing — everything just works the way you think it should.
- Instant recording. Whatever you hear coming out of Sequential can be recorded, even if you activate recording as you play. Moreover, all recordings are trimmed precisely to a bar, meaning you will always get audio that loops rhythmically.
- Diverse content. Sequential comes with a tasty selection of bass and rhythm loops in a wide variety of music styles, including house, drum’n'bass, r’n'b, dubstep, trap, hardstyle, electro, and more.
- Easy sharing. You can import your own loops and export recordings both via the audio pasteboard and iTunes file sharing. Sequential supports .wav and .aiff files in 16 bit 44.1 KHz format.
Sequential for iPad is available to purchase for $4.99 USD.
More information: Sinevibes / Sequential for iPad
Positive Grid has created a new Mastering App and now open to collect feedback from mastering engineers, production gurus and iOS music enthusiasts.
The Mastering App consists of a mobile-first mastering suite from the ground up that combines nuanced techniques of mastering with Positive Grid’s expertise on mobile design.
Positive Grid is looking for experienced and talented individuals who want to join to shape this project and be a part of the beta testing program.
In exchange, beta testers will:
- Have exclusive access to early development of a groundbreaking app from one of the fastest growing music technology companies.
- Participate actively with Positive Grid’s engineering and product team, provide input and be in the front row of a Mastering App development process.
- Be featured in the final Mastering App credits.
- Receive a Mastering App promo code when released.
The beta program is available to those who have an iPad or iPad mini with iOS 7. Only 50 slots will be available.
More information: Positive Grid / Mastering App
Related: audio interface
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014
Positive Grid has announced its BT-2 and BT-4 foot controllers, two robust, fully-programmable Bluetooth MIDI foot controllers with I/O features for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Guitarists, bassists, pianists, vocalists and music producers will now have hands-free control over their iOS and Mac apps using either a two- or four-button wireless foot controller designed to provide total freedom and reliable operation in any live performance, studio recording or rehearsal situation.
“Mobile devices have changed the landscape and brought new possibilities to many working musicians,” said Jaime Ruchman, Marketing Manager at Positive Grid, “and they’ve been asking for a foot controller that is extremely solid and easy to use and which provides a live-ready solution. The BT foot controllers are the answers for that.”
BT-2 / BT-4 features
- Bluetooth MIDI foot controller for iPad and iPhone.
- Solid metal case with 2 or 4 assignable foot switches.
- Made for JamUp XT, JamUp Pro XT, GarageBand.
- Send Bank Change, Program Change and Control Changes.
- External expression pedal jack.
- Built-in iOS link for plug and play audio interface.
- Optimized for active/passive pickups for both guitar and bass.
- BT iOS app runs in background on iOS to send MIDI.
- AA x 2 batteries.
- iOS 7 ready.
Positive Grid’s new Bluetooth foot controllers retail for $99.99 USD (BT-4 four-button set) and $79.99 USD (BT-2 two-button set) and will be available in Spring 2014.
More information: Positive Grid
, FL Studio
, Fruity Loops
Posted in news
on Jan 02, 2014
Image-Line has announced the release of Image-Line Remote, a free Android or iOS, Tablet or Phone, user-configurable MIDI controller application for FL Studio and Deckadance 2.
Control FL Studio instantly or link your favorite instrument and effect plugins just as you can with any MIDI controller. Use a phone, tablet or any combination with up to 15 devices simultaneously.
Use the included controller tabs covering functions including; Transport Controls, MIDI Keyboard, FPC control, Harmonizer Keyboard, Performance Mode (Clip Launcher), Gross Beat FX, Mixer and more. If the control you want isn’t available then you can create your own.
IL Remote allows you to add custom tabs and add controls including Pads, Faders, Knobs, Jog Wheels, Mixer, Clip Launcher, X/Y Controls, Piano Keyboard, Harmonic Grid and Containers. There is a complete range of customization options for each control so that you can create virtually any virtual MIDI controller to suit your needs.
The app is available as a free download for iOS and Android.
More information: Image-Line / IL Remote
Fiedler Audio has released version 1.2 of AD 480 Reverb, a reverb app for iOS.
The AD 480 is the first professional reverb effect app for your iDevices. In the studio, on stage, on the road or simply on your sofa – with the AD 480 you get a flexible effect you can use anywhere you might be. It works as a stand alone effect app (especially well with a connected audio interface) or inside Audiobus.
Changes in AD 480 Reverb v1.2
- InterApp Audio.
- Audio Recording, Playback and Offline Processing.
- Import and Export of Audio Files.
- iTunes Library Access.
- Dynamic Upgrade (all present versions of the AD 480 on your iDevice are automatically upgraded to the highest version installed, i.e. if you have AD 480 free, basic and pro installed, they all become pro!).
- AD 480 free got a mix fader.
- AD 480 basic got inApp purchase for upgrading to pro.
The AD 480 Reverb is available to purchase for $3.99 USD (Basic) / $14.99 USD (Pro). A free version is also available.
More information: Fiedler Audio / AD 480 Reverb
FL Studio has announced version 2.3 of FL Studio Mobile for iOS, which now includes MiniSynth, a real-time synthesizer ready to be used in your FL Mobile projects.
Changes in FL Studio Mobile v2.3
- MiniSynth (including 70 presets).
- Modulation via accelerometer (new option in the keyboard setup).
- Transfer button in the in-app shop for emailing your purchases to another device.
- Bug fixes (report bugs and we will fix them).
The update is free to FL Studio Mobile users. Android will be updated with MiniSynth sometime earlier in 2014. A MiniSynth FL Studio plugin is also in development so MiniSynth FL Mobile projects can be transferred to FL Studio.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Mobile
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2013
Native Instruments has announced it is celebrating the announcement of TRAKTOR DJ‘s “App of the Year” status among numerous year-end mentions in the App Store worldwide.
The world’s first pro DJ app was chosen as Apple’s App of the Year in many countries and was runner up in several others.
Initially released for the iPad in February, TRAKTOR DJ has won countless praise and introduced a tactile, on-the-go DJ solution aimed at DJs of all levels. Utilizing familiar iOS Multi-Touch gestures like pinch and swipe, TRAKTOR DJ has brought a professional quality mixing experience to iPad and iPhone. The revolutionary app allows DJs to intuitively interact with their music in a completely new way.
To celebrate TRAKTOR DJ’s success, Native Instruments has significantly dropped the price of both iPad and iPhone versions in the App Store for a limited time until January 31, 2014.
TRAKTOR DJ is available in the App Store for only $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR for iPad and $1.99 USD / 1.79 EUR for iPhone until January 31, 2014.
More information: Native Instruments / TRAKTOR DJ
Justus Kandzi has announced the Brute LFO, a powerful low frequency oscillator that modulates your analog gear.
If you have a hardware synth that allows you to use external gear to modulate the pitch, the filter, or any other parameter, just plug the Brute LFO into the CV in and start playing.
It consists of three separate LFOs. LFO 1 and 2 can be controlled using the control elements in the top half of the screen. The big knob in he middle sets the rate of both the LFOs. Additionally you can change the waveforms of the LFOs, detune LFO 2 and change its phase. The amount knob in the top half also sets the overall amount of the modulation.
The elements on the bottom half (LFO 3) can be used to modulate the frequency of LFO 1 and 2.
And the brute switch destroys everything!
Bruto LFO for iOS is available to purchase for $3.99 USD.
More information: Justus Kandzi / Brute LFO