Bartlomiej Niemtur has announced EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument), a trumpet practice app for your phone.
Struck by inspiration but got nothing to play on? Ever wanted to practice fingerings, but couldn’t?
Imagine what would it be to carry an instrument with you, ready to play anytime, anywhere. A tool that is practical, comfortable and fun.
Enter EVI app, an Electronic Valve Instrument, modeled after a real-world trumpet and adapted to your phone.
- Focuses on simplicity and usability.
- Big buttons, play even without looking at the screen.
- Valves placement and behaviour just like in the real trumpet.
- Practical, play any trumpet note, anytime, anywhere.
- Modern design, friendly interface, intuitive animations.
- Uses a simple, universal synth sound..
- No blowing into the microphone; use buttons instead. Three additional buttons correspond to blowing and embouchure changes, they’re easy to reach and provide a more comfortable experience.
The EVI app is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $1.99 USD.
More information: EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument)
Steinberg has announced version 1.8.1 of Cubasis for iOS, the streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad.
The 1.8.1 update not only solves several issues but also provides some small yet nice user-requested features. A noise gate plug-in, bluetooth audio support as well as a handful of usability improvements make Cubasis even more fun to use.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.1
- New Features:
- Bluetooth, AirPlay and HDMI audio out support.
- New noise gate effect.
- Extended transport controls in the audio editor.
- Setup redesign.
- Selecting a channel in the mixer automatically scrolls its corresponding track into the visible area above the mixer.
- After splitting an event only the newer part becomes selected.
- Selecting a track is now also possible by touching its adjacent area in the arrange window.
- When recording with the on-board keyboard the corresponding MIDI track gets autoscrolled into the visible area above the keyboard.
- Double-tap resets the values of the transpose popup.
- Mixer view gets updated if a track has been selected and its corresponding channel in the mixer is invisible.
- Behaviour of MIDI and automation editor tools has been improved.
- Tempo popup button behaviour has been improved.
- Pasting MIDI events in the MIDI editor is no longer limited to one-time use.
- Volume and pan values of a frozen track that contain automation data will now be reset.
- Fixes a problem where the recording of chord pads was limited to single notes (instead of chords).
- Triggering MIDI notes in cycle mode via external keyboard no longer leads to a note off command at the end of the cycle.
- Fixes an issue where autoscroll was unnecessarily triggered if an audio event handle was moved.
- Snap and quantization grid settings are now saved with the project.
- Freezing a track during playback at high CPU load no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Setup view will now be properly closed when switching to another view.
- Audio editor playback now stops exactly at the right locator.
- Fixes a rare problem where certain MIDI files (Format 1) were imported as single tracks.
- MIDI Inputs assignment with external apps now works as expected.
- Punch in recording now works as expected.
Steinberg also released the new 1.6 version of the Cubasis Project Importer extension for Cubase.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis for iOS
Camel Audio has released version 2.3 of Alchemy Mobile, which contains some of the most significant additions to the Pro version of their free Alchemy Mobile iOS app to date.
With the Pro version you can now create your own presets using samples imported from Dropbox, iTunes, other apps or any of the samples available in Alchemy Mobile’s extensive range of sound libraries.
Creating presets is easy – simply select from a comprehensive range of templates including granular pads, stretched soundscapes, distorted arps and drum kits, then choose your samples and customize the remix pads to create your own unique Alchemy presets.
Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.3
- Tap and slide away from controls for increased accuracy.
- Double track length for longer overdubbing.
- Audiobus 2 support for even better integration with your other apps.
- Numerous other improvements and additions.
- [Pro] Import samples and create your own presets using templates (go to Sound Libraries > User).
- [Pro]Create your own remix pad variations.
- [Pro]Support for Audiobus 2 project saves.
- [Pro]Note erase mode – easily edit your recordings.
The Pro Upgrade is available at 50% off until July 7th, 2014. All Sounds Bundles are priced at 50% of the cost of purchasing the products individually.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
Roland has introduced CUBE-10GX, a compact guitar amp with customizable tones via a free App for iOS and Android.
Compact, affordable, and equipped with built-in effects, the CUBE-10GX is perfect for beginning players or any guitarist looking for a small amp for practice, jamming, and recording.
The CUBE-10GX also offers a unique sound customization feature, allowing users to swap out different COSM amp types with the free CUBE KIT app running on their smart phone or tablet.
The CUBE-10GX is equipped with 10 watts of power and a custom-designed 8-inch speaker. Roland’s superior CUBE construction standard provides sound quality and durability that far exceeds other amps in its class, with rigid cabinetry, heavy-duty corner protectors, and more.
- Compact 10-watt guitar amp with custom-designed 8-inch speaker.
- Three preset COSM amp types: Clean, Crunch, and Lead.
- Replace preset amps with custom COSM amps via the free CUBE KIT app for iOS and Android devices.
- Three onboard effects: chorus, delay, and reverb (including plate and spring reverb types).
- Bass, Middle, and Treble tone controls.
- Rec Out/Phones jack provides high-quality direct tones for quiet practice and recording.
- Aux In jack for jamming with an external music player.
More information: Roland / CUBE-10GX
Klevgränd Production has launched SquashIt, a multi-band distortion effect app for iOS and AU plug-in for Mac.
This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset.
SquashIt doesn’t sound vintage, it just sounds good. SquashIt is developed by musicians for musicians.
SquashIt for Mac (AU) is available as a free download.
SquashIt for iPad supports Inter App Audio (IAA) and can be connected to Garageband and other IAA compatible iOS applications. It is available at the App Store for $0.99 USD.
More information: Klevgränd Production
Patchworks has announced the release of a free version of Conductr, the Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
Conductr was launched in September 2013. During the last nine months, we’ve got an amazing feedback from both professional and amateur musicians — you can check some of their opinions about Conductr in our Artists portfolio. Reviewers, certified trainers and institutions like Point Blank and the Berklee College of Music have given us extremely positive feedback for our app.
This has motivated us to take a big leap forward: we want everybody to love Conductr as much as us and our supporters do.
So from now on, CONDUCTR IS A FREE APP.
From today, you can download a basic version of Conductr for free which will allow you to control 4 tracks and 11 scenes on any Ableton Live set. You can also create 2 user modules, each one can integrate up to 8 parameters from any device on any track of your set.
You can make in-app purchases for different premium modules and packs to get unlimited features and personalize Conductr based on your needs.
This update also includes a Sends Mode in the Mixer Module, a Mute Hiding button and the possibility to save your projects’ complete set-ups — features many of our early adopters demanded.
In upcoming weeks, new modules will be launched.
More information: Conductr
Audiobus has released version 2.1 of the Audiobus app for iOS, the inter-app audio routing system that allows you to connect your Audiobus-compatible music apps together.
With a simple and clean interface, easily connect the output of one Audiobus-compatible app into the input of another. Use Audiobus to play a synthesizer live into a looper or multi-track recorder, or use one app to manipulate the live output of another.
Changes in Audiobus v2.1
- New Multi-Routing feature (In-App Purchase) allows unlimited connections and effect chaining.
- Presets let you save and share connections and the settings of the individual apps within your Audiobus workflow.
- Multi-channel input hardware support.
- New hardware latency controls.
Audiobus for iOS is available from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
More information: Audiobus