Related: audio interface
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Positive Grid has announced its BT-2 and BT-4 foot controllers, two robust, fully-programmable Bluetooth MIDI foot controllers with I/O features for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Guitarists, bassists, pianists, vocalists and music producers will now have hands-free control over their iOS and Mac apps using either a two- or four-button wireless foot controller designed to provide total freedom and reliable operation in any live performance, studio recording or rehearsal situation.
“Mobile devices have changed the landscape and brought new possibilities to many working musicians,” said Jaime Ruchman, Marketing Manager at Positive Grid, “and they’ve been asking for a foot controller that is extremely solid and easy to use and which provides a live-ready solution. The BT foot controllers are the answers for that.”
BT-2 / BT-4 features
- Bluetooth MIDI foot controller for iPad and iPhone.
- Solid metal case with 2 or 4 assignable foot switches.
- Made for JamUp XT, JamUp Pro XT, GarageBand.
- Send Bank Change, Program Change and Control Changes.
- External expression pedal jack.
- Built-in iOS link for plug and play audio interface.
- Optimized for active/passive pickups for both guitar and bass.
- BT iOS app runs in background on iOS to send MIDI.
- AA x 2 batteries.
- iOS 7 ready.
Positive Grid’s new Bluetooth foot controllers retail for $99.99 USD (BT-4 four-button set) and $79.99 USD (BT-2 two-button set) and will be available in Spring 2014.
More information: Positive Grid
, FL Studio
, Fruity Loops
Posted in news
on Jan 02, 2014 - 1 comment
Image-Line has announced the release of Image-Line Remote, a free Android or iOS, Tablet or Phone, user-configurable MIDI controller application for FL Studio and Deckadance 2.
Control FL Studio instantly or link your favorite instrument and effect plugins just as you can with any MIDI controller. Use a phone, tablet or any combination with up to 15 devices simultaneously.
Use the included controller tabs covering functions including; Transport Controls, MIDI Keyboard, FPC control, Harmonizer Keyboard, Performance Mode (Clip Launcher), Gross Beat FX, Mixer and more. If the control you want isn’t available then you can create your own.
IL Remote allows you to add custom tabs and add controls including Pads, Faders, Knobs, Jog Wheels, Mixer, Clip Launcher, X/Y Controls, Piano Keyboard, Harmonic Grid and Containers. There is a complete range of customization options for each control so that you can create virtually any virtual MIDI controller to suit your needs.
The app is available as a free download for iOS and Android.
More information: Image-Line / IL Remote
Fiedler Audio has released version 1.2 of AD 480 Reverb, a reverb app for iOS.
The AD 480 is the first professional reverb effect app for your iDevices. In the studio, on stage, on the road or simply on your sofa – with the AD 480 you get a flexible effect you can use anywhere you might be. It works as a stand alone effect app (especially well with a connected audio interface) or inside Audiobus.
Changes in AD 480 Reverb v1.2
- InterApp Audio.
- Audio Recording, Playback and Offline Processing.
- Import and Export of Audio Files.
- iTunes Library Access.
- Dynamic Upgrade (all present versions of the AD 480 on your iDevice are automatically upgraded to the highest version installed, i.e. if you have AD 480 free, basic and pro installed, they all become pro!).
- AD 480 free got a mix fader.
- AD 480 basic got inApp purchase for upgrading to pro.
The AD 480 Reverb is available to purchase for $3.99 USD (Basic) / $14.99 USD (Pro). A free version is also available.
More information: Fiedler Audio / AD 480 Reverb
FL Studio has announced version 2.3 of FL Studio Mobile for iOS, which now includes MiniSynth, a real-time synthesizer ready to be used in your FL Mobile projects.
Changes in FL Studio Mobile v2.3
- MiniSynth (including 70 presets).
- Modulation via accelerometer (new option in the keyboard setup).
- Transfer button in the in-app shop for emailing your purchases to another device.
- Bug fixes (report bugs and we will fix them).
The update is free to FL Studio Mobile users. Android will be updated with MiniSynth sometime earlier in 2014. A MiniSynth FL Studio plugin is also in development so MiniSynth FL Mobile projects can be transferred to FL Studio.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Mobile
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has announced it is celebrating the announcement of TRAKTOR DJ‘s “App of the Year” status among numerous year-end mentions in the App Store worldwide.
The world’s first pro DJ app was chosen as Apple’s App of the Year in many countries and was runner up in several others.
Initially released for the iPad in February, TRAKTOR DJ has won countless praise and introduced a tactile, on-the-go DJ solution aimed at DJs of all levels. Utilizing familiar iOS Multi-Touch gestures like pinch and swipe, TRAKTOR DJ has brought a professional quality mixing experience to iPad and iPhone. The revolutionary app allows DJs to intuitively interact with their music in a completely new way.
To celebrate TRAKTOR DJ’s success, Native Instruments has significantly dropped the price of both iPad and iPhone versions in the App Store for a limited time until January 31, 2014.
TRAKTOR DJ is available in the App Store for only $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR for iPad and $1.99 USD / 1.79 EUR for iPhone until January 31, 2014.
More information: Native Instruments / TRAKTOR DJ
Justus Kandzi has announced the Brute LFO, a powerful low frequency oscillator that modulates your analog gear.
If you have a hardware synth that allows you to use external gear to modulate the pitch, the filter, or any other parameter, just plug the Brute LFO into the CV in and start playing.
It consists of three separate LFOs. LFO 1 and 2 can be controlled using the control elements in the top half of the screen. The big knob in he middle sets the rate of both the LFOs. Additionally you can change the waveforms of the LFOs, detune LFO 2 and change its phase. The amount knob in the top half also sets the overall amount of the modulation.
The elements on the bottom half (LFO 3) can be used to modulate the frequency of LFO 1 and 2.
And the brute switch destroys everything!
Bruto LFO for iOS is available to purchase for $3.99 USD.
More information: Justus Kandzi / Brute LFO
Steinberg has announced version 1.7.1 of Cubasis, a streamlined, multitouch sequencer app for iPad.
Steinberg announces today the release of a maintenance update for its Cubasis app.
This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and is highly recommended for all users of Cubasis.
Changes in Cubasis v1.7.1
- Start button added to the mixdown popup.
- Solves a rare issue where triggering MIDI notes frequently on an instrument assigned via Core MIDI lead to hanging notes.
- Fixes a rare phenomenon where MIDI port list popups appeared continuously.
- Solves an issue where the attack and release values were reseted to their defaults when switching between projects.
- Solves a rare problem where executing a mixdown of a project that contained IAA instruments lead to oversized audio files.
- Moving the pan fader while playback is running no longer leads to audio dropouts.
- Executing a FLAC mixdown of the same project no longer overwrites the previous audio file without notice.
- IAA audio file naming has been corrected to allow projects to be imported in Cubase without the need to locate IAA audio files manually.
- MIDI events with a huge number of notes no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Corrects an issue where a wrong instrument was highlighted in the Media Bay after an instrument was changed in Microsonic.
- The effect status in the inspector now gets updated correctly by tapping its edit button.
- Fixes a rare phenomenon where switching instruments while playing could lead to hanging notes.
- Solves the issue where tapping the panic button did not reset hanging notes of an IAA instrument app.
- Switching projects quickly that contain IAA instruments no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- The playable keyboard range now updates correctly after an instrument is changed.
Cubasis for iPad is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. The Cubasis 1.7.1 update can now be downloaded on the Apple App Store.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Single Cell Software has released Caustic 3, a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers/samplers rigs.
Caustic is a music creation tool that uses various synthesizers, samplers and effects to create songs.
Limitless combinations of instruments and sounds means Caustic can be used to create music of various styles, even though the app’s main focus is electronic music.
Changes in Caustic 3
- 14 machine slots.
- 6 new synth types (10 total).
- 8 new insert effects (16 total).
- Dedicated mastering section.
- Live note recording.
- WAV / sample editor.
- Microphone sampling.
- Pattern automation.
- Automation editing.
- Note quantize toggle.
- FTP file transfer.
Caustic is available to purchase for iOS and Android for $9.99 USD. The Windows desktop version is free.
More information: Single Cell Software / Caustic 3