Xmonsta has launched PULL, a touchscreen device editor for Ableton that uses the iPad.
It is an extremely fast and efficient workflow tool. Use it alongside other controllers, such as Ableton PUSH, or APC40, or any other controller, even a mouse.
In a nutshell, PULL allows you to edit fullscreen versions of every ableton device from your iPad . It follows any device that is currently selected and displays a very large, multi-touch template on the iPad for editing.
PULL is available for purchase for £25 GBP.
More information: Xmonsta / PULL
Positive Grid has launched a Summer Sale, offering up to 75% off the JamUp multi-effects and BIAS amp designer apps.
A vast array of popular guitar stompboxes and effects, as well as vintage and modern amps were never so affordable. For a very limited time, Positive Grid (www.positivegrid.com) is offering guitar and bass players a 75% special discount for both their JamUp Pro multi-effects and BIAS amp modeling iOS apps, available for download in the iTunes App Store. But that’s not all: all in-app purchases -all amps, effects, and bundles- are 50% off regular price.
JamUp is a complete powerhouse multi-effects processor for guitar and bass. It offers over 100 amps and effects, GarageBand integration, looper, iTunes player with tempo/pitch control, built-in tuner and metronome, live-view, preset manager, MIDI support and more.
BIAS is an amp designer, modeler and processor that includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Users can modify these amps and virtually build their custom amps by swapping out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic to create their own distinctive signature sound. Users can also upload their amp creations to ToneCloud, BIAS’ own amp-sharing platform, to share their custom presets with other users.
More information: Positive Grid
VirSyn has announced the release of Tera Synth, a modular analog synthesizer app for iPad.
Explore new sound spaces with Tera Synth that go beyond the emulation of synthesizer legends. Use the power of analog and digital synthesis combined with new modules for physical modelling.
Wireless patching of modules combined with an intelligible modulation routing simplifies the development of new synthesizer designs from scratch. Distortion effect, Delay/Chorus/Phaser and Reverb effects give your sounds the final polishing. Tera Synth gives your music an individual character with its unique fat sound. The well-designed algorithms and the economical modular structure provides you with a comparatively high voice yield. Precise timing with the unique built-in Arpeggiator let you feel the rhythm.
The app is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / Tera Synth
Akai Pro has released version 1.1 of iMPC Pro, the professional music production app for iPad.
iMPC Pro is a 64-track music production powerhouse for your iPad. With built-in sampling functionality, a massive sound library, effects, and over 30 performance-driven features, iMPC Pro brings the functionality of Akai Professional’s coveted Music Production Center to your iPad.
Developed in partnership with Retronyms, the developers of the original iMPC app, iMPC Pro comes with pro-grade tools for intuitive beat creation whenever inspiration strikes. It combines multiple sampling methods, producer-tested MPC features, a custom sample library from Richard Devine, and an intuitive gestural editor for the most powerful, creative and fun iPad music production experience yet.
Changes in iMPC Pro v1.1
- Trim endpoint saves and loads properly.
- Delete Sounds.
- Velocity for iMPC Element fixed.
- Added sound delete (drag to trash).
- Crash on set global for FX return and Master Fader fixed.
- Can now open and close precision mode controls while popover is active.
- Performance improvements on save and load sessions and sample edits.
- FX returns were moving some fader controls. This is fixed.
- iMPC Pro now registers as a InterApp Audio Instrument. Should sync better with Cubasis and other hosts.
- You can now drag pads across banks using multitouch. (e.g: begin dragging pad, select bank b, drop pad).
- Various other small fixes and performance improvements.
iMPC Pro is available for purchase for $12.99 USD for a limited time (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Akai Pro / iMPC Pro
Holderness Media has announced the release of Caramel, a highly playable distortion, crusher and fattener effect processor for iPad.
Designed for use with the Audiobus app and USB audio interfaces, Caramel lets you easily add grit, punch and character to input sources such as drums, synth, bass and guitar. Create punchy distorted drum sounds and basslines, colorful lo-fi digital distortion and more.
Caramel also works as an Inter-app Audio effect inside hosts such as AudioShare, Auria, Cubasis and Apple’s own Garageband. Caramel supports Core MIDI for controlling the effect parameters with your favorite MIDI controllers.
- Great for adding punch, grit and sonic character to drums, bass and synths with ease.
- Compatible with USB audio interfaces such as the Apogee Jam, One, Duet and many more.
- Crunch, Crush, Girth, Sizzle and Bite parameters for shaping your distortion tone.
- Girth parameter adds subtle to punishing low end boost to drums and bass.
- Independent left and right channel effects engines can be linked or controlled independently for interesting stereo distortion.
- Use Caramel as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
- Supports new Audiobus 2 state saving feature for full parameter recall via Audiobus presets.
- Supports Core MIDI, Virtual MIDI and Network MIDI, plus MIDI learn for easily mapping your favorite controller to Caramel’s effect parameters.
- Two distinct modes: Perform and Tweak.
- Playable presets, allowing for interesting sonic experimentation on the fly.
- Several stereo output modes including Normal Stereo, Wide Stereo and Sum To Mono.
Caramel is available for purchase for $4.99 USD at the iTunes AppStore.
More information: Caramel
Novation has updated the LaunchPad App to version 1.6.1, which now supports iPhone.
We’ve just updated Launchpad app so it works on iPhone too! Now you can easily make and remix beats and electronic music directly on your iPhone, then record and share your performances online.
Launch up to eight loops at a time using a special 8×6 version of the Launchpad grid. Experiment with ready-to-perform sessions from a variety of genres, download new Launchpacks to expand your collection, or make custom sessions with your own sounds on iPad.
Built-in time stretching and synchronisation keep your loops locked in time, whilst you use volume sliders and filters to control your mix on iPad, and dynamic filter, gater, stutter and delay FX on iPhone.
LaunchPad App features
- Create and remix electronic music by combining loops and sounds from a huge catalogue of free, world-class Loopmasters content.
- Perform a unique set with powerful, dynamic DJ effects.
- Record and share your performances with your friends.
- Download cutting-edge soundpacks to inspire new creations.
- Create unique tracks by importing your own sounds (iPad only).
- Connect the app to your Novation Launchpad hardware for ultimate tactile control (iPad only).
The app is a free download at the iTunes App Store.
More information: Novation / LaunchPad App
Mackie has announced a price drop on its DL806 8-channel digital live sound mixer with iPad Control.
Mackie’s DL Series Digital Live Sound Mixers with iPad Control have gained an amazing reputation in the world of live sound. Proven at millions of gigs worldwide, DL Series mixers combine the power of a full-featured digital mixer with the unmatched ease-of-use of an iPad. Now, more people than ever can finally step into the amazing benefits of digital mixing.
On July 1, the 8-channel DL806 got a significant price drop (25% less in the U.S. market, check with your local dealer for pricing details) making it the lowest-priced professional digital mixer on the market.
More information: Mackie / DL806