WaveMachine Labs has released version 1.151 of its Auria recording app for iPad.
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/96 kHz tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks simultaneously (through a supported USB multichannel audio interface), and edit and mix with familiar tools and full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitrack recording.
Changes in Auria v1.151
- Issue with deleting automation.
- Auria muting output when using Audiobus on an Aux or Subgroup output.
- Freezing issue with mono tracks and IAA plug-ins.
- Import issue when importing audio for video.
- Tempo issue using auto-time stretching when importing certain loops.
- International characters problem with AudioCopy/Paste.
- Issue with removing an IAA plugin and the previous plug-in getting re-enabled.
- IAA issue with mono tracks when quitting the plug-in outside of Auria.
Auria is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $24.99 USD.
More information: WaveMachine Labs / Auria
Positive Grid has released version 1.5 of BIAS, a custom app modeler app for iPad.
Insane is one of the new expansion packs for Positive Grid’s BIAS app.
Positive Grid expands the popular custom amp modeler with three new dedicated expansion packs: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. Guitarists and bassists will now be able to add further customization to their BIAS preamp, power amp, and cabinet modules by tone styles: from glassy clean tone, to classic british crunch, to insanely saturated distortion.
BIAS includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Now, along with the new Glassy, Crunch, and Insane packs, BIAS also includes a new easy-to-use 8-band EQ with the purchase of any pack, as well as a new BIAS store and better JamUp integration –another Positive Grid app consisting of several multi effect stompboxes-. As always, user can share it with other musicians on Positive Grid’s proprietary social network, ToneCloud.
BIAS for iPad is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. The new in-app expansion packs are $9.99 USD each.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Akai Professional has released iMPC Pro, a music production app for iPad.
iMPC Pro is a 64-track music production powerhouse for your iPad. With built-in sampling functionality, a massive sound library, effects, and over 30 performance-driven features, iMPC Pro brings the functionality of Akai Professional’s coveted Music Production Center to your iPad.
Developed in partnership with Retronyms, the developers of the original iMPC app, iMPC Pro comes with pro-grade tools for intuitive beat creation whenever inspiration strikes.
It combines multiple sampling methods, producer-tested MPC features, a custom sample library from Richard Devine, and an intuitive gestural editor for the most powerful, creative and fun iPad music production experience yet.
iMPC Pro features
- A platform for creating sample-based music on your iPad with renowned MPC functionality.
- Sample audio from the iPad microphone, your own tracks using resampling, other apps using InterApp Audio, or your music library using the multi-touch turntable interface.
- 64 tracks for flexible multi-track music production including gain fader, 3-band EQ, mute, solo, panning and FX sends on each track.
- All-new chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing of sample.
- All-new Timeline View opens a multi-touch gestural editor for sequencing, recording, and editing.
- All-new Flux mode lets you warp and glitch your beats in real-time or with automation.
- All-new Precision Knobs and Faders expand on command for precisely dialing in parameters.
- Drag n’ Drop your samples for simplified program/kit assembly.
- All-new 3D-performance mode lets your perform with your iPad’s accelerometer.
- All-new Turbo Duck effect fattens up your tracks with sidechain compression.
- Exclusive sound library featuring 1,400+ samples from sound designer Richard Devine with hundreds of Akai Pro exclusive samples.
- Improved sampling workflow with re-sampling and sample library organization.
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of your sounds.
- Note Variation slider lets you adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play.
- Onboard effects include delay, bit crusher, and master compressor/limiter.
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback.
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing.
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note – 1/32T timing with latch.
- Supports Inter-App Audio in iOS7 for sampling from your other music apps.
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste for copying/pasting beats and sequences from compatible apps.
- Seamless integration with Retronym’s Tabletop app for iPad, a modular audio environment.
- Works with MPC Element via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
- Community sharing built-in: directly upload to SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer.
- iOS support for simple drag-and-drop, plucking, and multi-touch music gestures.
- Interactive gesture control for automation, mixing, and effects.
- Automation lets you record pad and track mute changes to your sequence.
- Tabletop ready – use iMPC Pro inside the acclaimed Tabletop App to combine it with dozens of synths, sequencers, FX and more.
- Samples may be set to 1-shot or “hold” mode.
- Tuning, Panning, Level, Lo-Pass and Hi-Pass available for each sound.
- Easy cloning of sequences via multitouch capabilities.
- Classic “Next-Sequence” lets you juggle your sequences to experiment with different compositions or for dynamic live performance.
- Mute and poly pad groups for authentic percussion performances.
- Mixer effects include tempo-sync’d delay, reverb, chorus, flanger.
- Add third-party effects with InterApp Audio Effect.
- Pad effects include custom-designed envelope filters, 4-mode distortion and ring mod.
- Supports InterApp Audio mode. Record the outputs directly into other apps like GarageBand and Cubasis.
- Over 20 demo projects to manipulate, shape and learn with.
- Extensive Undo History lets you roll back your project to any state.
- Export your tracks as an audio file.
iMPC Pro is available for purchase for the introductory price of $12.99 USD for a limited time (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Akai Pro / iMPC Pro
Steinberg has announced version 1.8.1 of Cubasis for iOS, the streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad.
The 1.8.1 update not only solves several issues but also provides some small yet nice user-requested features. A noise gate plug-in, bluetooth audio support as well as a handful of usability improvements make Cubasis even more fun to use.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.1
- New Features:
- Bluetooth, AirPlay and HDMI audio out support.
- New noise gate effect.
- Extended transport controls in the audio editor.
- Setup redesign.
- Selecting a channel in the mixer automatically scrolls its corresponding track into the visible area above the mixer.
- After splitting an event only the newer part becomes selected.
- Selecting a track is now also possible by touching its adjacent area in the arrange window.
- When recording with the on-board keyboard the corresponding MIDI track gets autoscrolled into the visible area above the keyboard.
- Double-tap resets the values of the transpose popup.
- Mixer view gets updated if a track has been selected and its corresponding channel in the mixer is invisible.
- Behaviour of MIDI and automation editor tools has been improved.
- Tempo popup button behaviour has been improved.
- Pasting MIDI events in the MIDI editor is no longer limited to one-time use.
- Volume and pan values of a frozen track that contain automation data will now be reset.
- Fixes a problem where the recording of chord pads was limited to single notes (instead of chords).
- Triggering MIDI notes in cycle mode via external keyboard no longer leads to a note off command at the end of the cycle.
- Fixes an issue where autoscroll was unnecessarily triggered if an audio event handle was moved.
- Snap and quantization grid settings are now saved with the project.
- Freezing a track during playback at high CPU load no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Setup view will now be properly closed when switching to another view.
- Audio editor playback now stops exactly at the right locator.
- Fixes a rare problem where certain MIDI files (Format 1) were imported as single tracks.
- MIDI Inputs assignment with external apps now works as expected.
- Punch in recording now works as expected.
Steinberg also released the new 1.6 version of the Cubasis Project Importer extension for Cubase.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis for iOS
db audioware has released version 1.1 of its Flying Haggis Guitar Amp app for iPad.
Flying Haggis is an all-original amp design with great tones, a nice selection of vintage fx, and a no nonsense interface with all the pick-up-and-play appeal of real hardware. There are no complex menus or screens to navigate. There are no in-app purchases or advertising to distract you. Just start up the app, plug in your guitar, and play.
Changes in Flying Haggis for iPad v1.1
- Added a ‘Flying Haggis’ preferences panel to the iOS Settings app, with the following features:
- Background audio (On/Off).
- Enable MIDI control (On/Off).
- Primary MIDI Channel Number (1-16).
- MIDI Bank/Preset Control (On/Off).
- Fixed bug in Audiobus implementation (did not work reliably when loaded into the effects slot).
- Improved sound quality when using a guitar interface which plugs into the 3.5mm headset socket.
- Display a warning message if Flying Haggis does not have permission to listen to the mic input on iOS7 (along with instructions on how to fix this in the Settings app)
Flying Haggis for iPad is available for purchase for $6.99 USD. The desktop version for Windows (VST/AU) and Mac is $49 USD.
More information: db audioware / Flying Haggis
Klevgränd Production has launched SquashIt, a multi-band distortion effect app for iOS and AU plug-in for Mac.
This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset.
SquashIt doesn’t sound vintage, it just sounds good. SquashIt is developed by musicians for musicians.
SquashIt for Mac (AU) is available as a free download.
SquashIt for iPad supports Inter App Audio (IAA) and can be connected to Garageband and other IAA compatible iOS applications. It is available at the App Store for $0.99 USD.
More information: Klevgränd Production
Patchworks has announced the release of a free version of Conductr, the Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
Conductr was launched in September 2013. During the last nine months, we’ve got an amazing feedback from both professional and amateur musicians — you can check some of their opinions about Conductr in our Artists portfolio. Reviewers, certified trainers and institutions like Point Blank and the Berklee College of Music have given us extremely positive feedback for our app.
This has motivated us to take a big leap forward: we want everybody to love Conductr as much as us and our supporters do.
So from now on, CONDUCTR IS A FREE APP.
From today, you can download a basic version of Conductr for free which will allow you to control 4 tracks and 11 scenes on any Ableton Live set. You can also create 2 user modules, each one can integrate up to 8 parameters from any device on any track of your set.
You can make in-app purchases for different premium modules and packs to get unlimited features and personalize Conductr based on your needs.
This update also includes a Sends Mode in the Mixer Module, a Mute Hiding button and the possibility to save your projects’ complete set-ups — features many of our early adopters demanded.
In upcoming weeks, new modules will be launched.
More information: Conductr