Steinberg has announced version 1.8.1 of Cubasis for iOS, the streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad.
The 1.8.1 update not only solves several issues but also provides some small yet nice user-requested features. A noise gate plug-in, bluetooth audio support as well as a handful of usability improvements make Cubasis even more fun to use.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.1
- New Features:
- Bluetooth, AirPlay and HDMI audio out support.
- New noise gate effect.
- Extended transport controls in the audio editor.
- Setup redesign.
- Selecting a channel in the mixer automatically scrolls its corresponding track into the visible area above the mixer.
- After splitting an event only the newer part becomes selected.
- Selecting a track is now also possible by touching its adjacent area in the arrange window.
- When recording with the on-board keyboard the corresponding MIDI track gets autoscrolled into the visible area above the keyboard.
- Double-tap resets the values of the transpose popup.
- Mixer view gets updated if a track has been selected and its corresponding channel in the mixer is invisible.
- Behaviour of MIDI and automation editor tools has been improved.
- Tempo popup button behaviour has been improved.
- Pasting MIDI events in the MIDI editor is no longer limited to one-time use.
- Volume and pan values of a frozen track that contain automation data will now be reset.
- Fixes a problem where the recording of chord pads was limited to single notes (instead of chords).
- Triggering MIDI notes in cycle mode via external keyboard no longer leads to a note off command at the end of the cycle.
- Fixes an issue where autoscroll was unnecessarily triggered if an audio event handle was moved.
- Snap and quantization grid settings are now saved with the project.
- Freezing a track during playback at high CPU load no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Setup view will now be properly closed when switching to another view.
- Audio editor playback now stops exactly at the right locator.
- Fixes a rare problem where certain MIDI files (Format 1) were imported as single tracks.
- MIDI Inputs assignment with external apps now works as expected.
- Punch in recording now works as expected.
Steinberg also released the new 1.6 version of the Cubasis Project Importer extension for Cubase.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis for iOS
db audioware has released version 1.1 of its Flying Haggis Guitar Amp app for iPad.
Flying Haggis is an all-original amp design with great tones, a nice selection of vintage fx, and a no nonsense interface with all the pick-up-and-play appeal of real hardware. There are no complex menus or screens to navigate. There are no in-app purchases or advertising to distract you. Just start up the app, plug in your guitar, and play.
Changes in Flying Haggis for iPad v1.1
- Added a ‘Flying Haggis’ preferences panel to the iOS Settings app, with the following features:
- Background audio (On/Off).
- Enable MIDI control (On/Off).
- Primary MIDI Channel Number (1-16).
- MIDI Bank/Preset Control (On/Off).
- Fixed bug in Audiobus implementation (did not work reliably when loaded into the effects slot).
- Improved sound quality when using a guitar interface which plugs into the 3.5mm headset socket.
- Display a warning message if Flying Haggis does not have permission to listen to the mic input on iOS7 (along with instructions on how to fix this in the Settings app)
Flying Haggis for iPad is available for purchase for $6.99 USD. The desktop version for Windows (VST/AU) and Mac is $49 USD.
More information: db audioware / Flying Haggis
Klevgränd Production has launched SquashIt, a multi-band distortion effect app for iOS and AU plug-in for Mac.
This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset.
SquashIt doesn’t sound vintage, it just sounds good. SquashIt is developed by musicians for musicians.
SquashIt for Mac (AU) is available as a free download.
SquashIt for iPad supports Inter App Audio (IAA) and can be connected to Garageband and other IAA compatible iOS applications. It is available at the App Store for $0.99 USD.
More information: Klevgränd Production
Patchworks has announced the release of a free version of Conductr, the Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
Conductr was launched in September 2013. During the last nine months, we’ve got an amazing feedback from both professional and amateur musicians — you can check some of their opinions about Conductr in our Artists portfolio. Reviewers, certified trainers and institutions like Point Blank and the Berklee College of Music have given us extremely positive feedback for our app.
This has motivated us to take a big leap forward: we want everybody to love Conductr as much as us and our supporters do.
So from now on, CONDUCTR IS A FREE APP.
From today, you can download a basic version of Conductr for free which will allow you to control 4 tracks and 11 scenes on any Ableton Live set. You can also create 2 user modules, each one can integrate up to 8 parameters from any device on any track of your set.
You can make in-app purchases for different premium modules and packs to get unlimited features and personalize Conductr based on your needs.
This update also includes a Sends Mode in the Mixer Module, a Mute Hiding button and the possibility to save your projects’ complete set-ups — features many of our early adopters demanded.
In upcoming weeks, new modules will be launched.
More information: Conductr
Steinberg has released version 1.8 of its Cubasis app for iPad.
Version 1.8 is the biggest update so far and includes countless fixes, improvements and new features that help you to capture your songwriting ideas while on the move.
The 1.8 update adds numerous features such as automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support alongside a mixer-side global control panel, a phase inversion plug-in for audio channels and much more, making Cubasis the go-to choice when inspiration strikes.
Plus, there’s also a new version of the Cubase project import extension available for download.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8
- MIDI CC, Program Change, Aftertouch support (sustain pedal problems solved!).
- Mixer side global control panel.
- Phase Inversion plug-in (for audio channels).
- Redesigned effect rack.
- Audiobus 2.0.
- And much more! Find the complete list of improvements and user reported problems solved at the Cubasis forum.
Cubasis for iPad is available for $49.99 USD.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Monoplugs has released version 1.2.3 of its B-Step Sequencer for iPad, featuring improved performance on older devices like iPad3 and iPad2.
Create awesome chord progressions (to build up a whole song) with B-Step only by a few fingertips. Where other sequencers stops B-Step goes one step beyond – With B-Step you can easily sequence your sequences (up to 16 Pattern configurable).
Changes in B-Step Sequencer for iPad
- User interface performance boost.
- Fix timing issues.
- Fix app switching breaks.
- Fix MIDI sync (as master).
- Fix MIDI playback stops if Audiobus app is running.
- Remove next bar in chain marker.
- Other small user interface changes.
- Add delete and browse functions to the file chooser.
B-Step Sequencer for iPad is available for purchase for $16.99 USD.
More information: Monoplugs
Native Instruments has released version 1.1 of iMaschine, the beat sketchpad for iOS devices.
The latest version of the app is optimized for iPad, adapting to its larger screen layout. The update also includes a generous set of new sounds, iTunes sampling, and more.
iMASCHINE allows users to create music sketches on-the-go with their iPad or iPhone. With an eclectic selection of drums, synths, one-shots, and a built-in audio recorder, it is designed for on-the-go beatmaking.
The update features a new user interface and an optimized layout for iPhone 5, iPad and iPad mini. On the iPad, the modified interface allows two-handed operation: editing and performing functions are now on the same window as iMASCHINE’s 16 drum-pads, 2-octave keyboard and the audio-recorder, making its workflow even smoother. Aside from iMASCHINE’s standard library, the update also includes QUANTUM COLLECTION – a brand-new iMASCHINE Expansion featuring a choice selection of sounds from the recently released MASCHINE 2 Library. The new iTunes sampling allows users to capture parts from the music on their iOS device and edit the samples’ start and end points.
Writing and performing with iMASCHINE becomes easier, thanks to a number of helpful workflow enhancements. Intuitive XY performance controls are a new way to perform effects. A swipe redo/undo function is a welcome addition for an even faster workflow. Lastly, this iMASCHINE update adds a metronome on/off switch – a popular request from the iMASCHINE community. Anyone who already owns iMASCHINE gets this entire feature set, including QUANTUM COLLECTION, for free by updating the iMASCHINE app on their iOS device.
Changes in iMaschine v1.1
- iPad optimization for two handed-workflow.
- Sampling from iTunes.
- Free ‘Quantum Collection’ sound pack.
- XY performance controls on mixer page.
- Swipe gestures for redo and undo.
- GUI facelift.
- Enhanced sample editing functionality, start and end point now adjustable.
- iPhone 5 screen support.
- Metronome on/off switch.
Current iMASCHINE owners get the update free by updating the iMASCHINE app on their iOS device. New customers can get iMASCHINE for $4.99 / 4.49 EUR / £2.99 GBP.
More information: Native Instruments / iMaschine
Novation has released version 1.5 of its Launchpad App, a free and easy-to-use iPad app that will have you making beats and music instantly.
We’ve made Novation Launchpad App Even More Fun!
Launchpad App lets you make, record and share music instantly on your iPad, simply by triggering and mixing sounds on a grid.
Now version v.1.5 lets you output those songs directly into any Audiobus-compatible app!
- Add to your songs using GarageBand
- Apply external effects during live performance
- Output your beats straight to Cubasis
Changes in Launchpad App v1.5.0
- Audiobus output.
- Improved stutter FX.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
The app is available as a free download for iOS.
More information: Novation / Launchpad App