, Paul White
, Sample Magic
, Sound On Sound
, tips and tricks
Posted in news
on Nov 05, 2013
Sample Magic has announced a fully interactive iPad Edition of Paul White’s Producer’s Manual, an essential recording and production resource.
First published in 2011, Sound On Sound editor-in-chief Paul White’s Producer’s Manual became an instant best-seller.
Now the team behind the book present this all-new and expanded iPad edition featuring all of the original content across 320+ immersive pages alongside over an hour’s worth of video walkthroughs direct from Paul’s studio, fully enlargeable photos, diagrams and an expansive glossary.
Every paragraph from the original book has been ported into this beautiful looking, easy to use app, a scrollable reference manual that covers all aspects of recording and production music, including:
- all you need to get great recordings, from vocals and drums to guitars and bands,
- in-depth guides to dynamics, reverb, studio acoustics, monitoring and more,
- taking your mix to the next level. Essential jargon-free theory backed by practical insights on everything from EQ through mixdown approaches to classic hardware, and
- how to master your own material when the budget doesn’t stretch to professional mastering.
The Producer’s Manual iPad Edition is available to download for £14.90 GBP from Apple Store.
More information: Sample Magic / Producer’s Manual iPad Edition
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Nov 04, 2013
IK Multimedia has announced that AmpliTube, AmpliTube Fender, AmpliTube Slash, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix and VocaLive users get 40% discount on the Recorder through in app purchase.
From now until November 14th, 2013 you can get the multi-track recorder inside your favorite guitar or vocal app for a great price. AmpliTube users can also save 40% on the Studio and Studio + Recorder in-app purchase as well.
Inside AmpliTube and VocaLive’s multi-track recorder, you can use the handy “Apply FX” feature to subtly or radically change the sound of your recorded vocals and instruments without having to re-record them. Capture your ideas quickly by recording your performances with the built-in recorder featuring re-amping capabilities, then share your track by exporting high quality audio files or M4As – all in the convenience of your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
The limited time offer to get 40% off on a multi-track recorder expires November 14th, 2013.
More information: IK Multimedia
VotanDSP has announced the release of Votan Telepathy, a revolutionary synthesiser available for iOS and 32/64 bit OSX Audio Unit.
What makes Votan Telepathy different is that the two platforms (iOS & Audio Unit) are connected via the Votan Cloud and Control features, offering elegant cloud based preset storage alongside ultra low latency touch control. You can create sounds on the iPad that magically appear in your Audio Units and control an infinite array of Telepathy Audio Unit instances directly from the iPad.
Votan Telepathy iOS and Votan Telepathy AU can work independently, or in unison, offering you complete flexibility whether you are in the studio or on the road.
The Votan Platform is engineered as a dual use solution over both platforms (iOS / DAW). Everything you design on iOS will be available in your DAW.
Votan Telepathy features
- 4 Free Range Oscillators featuring alias free bandlimited waveshapes.
- 4 Multi-Filters featuring VA emulations, Digital LP, HP, BP, BR 2/4 pole and Formant Filters.
- 4 Envelopes, each with independent trigger.
- 4 LFOs featuring standard waveshapes, and morphing wavetables. Each LFO can be triggered independently.
- 4 FX Units with Chorus, Delay, Destroy, FreqShift, Glitch, and EQ algorithms.
- 1 Modulation Matrix – Routes all mod sources to any Telepathy parameter.
- 4 XY Pads.
- Full parameter automation in you chosen DAW.
- Votan Control – automatic connection low latency control from iOS to AudioUnit.
- Votan Cloud – elegantly store your favourite presets in the cloud for instant sharing over your devices.
Votan Telepathy for iOS and AU are available to purchase at an introductory 50% discount until the end of November 2013, priced at £4.99 GBP (iOS) and £29.99 GBP (AU).
More information: VotanDSP
Novation has released version 1.2 of its Launchpad music app for iOS, which now includes audio import as an in-app purchase.
The Audio Import upgrade transforms Launchpad app into a powerful performance tool for users that want to play original music on their iPad, with timestretching, Launch family integration, and full Dropbox integration for import.
Import WAV/AIFF samples by BPM with Dropbox (free Dropbox account required) and assign them to any Launch pad as loops or one shots. Whether from professional sample providers or exported from your own productions, combine your samples with built in and In-App purchased Launchpacks to create a unique library to perform with.
Changes in Launchpad v1.2
- Audio import (via In-App Purchase) — Transform Launchpad app into a powerful performance solution to play your own original music (audio import via Dropbox).
- Improved library manager — Browse categories, packs, and favourites.
- Improved edit modes — New trigger and sync types.
- Per pad volume edit.
- Graphics overhaul.
- Miscellaneous bugfixes and improvements.
Launchpad for iOS is a free download at the iTunes App Store. The Audio Import is available to purchase for £4.99 GBP / 5.99 EUR / $6.99 USD.
More information: Novation / Launchpad
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Oct 29, 2013
Intua has updated its BeatMaker 2 music workstation app for iOS to version 2.5.
BeatMaker 2: the most advanced mobile music workstation.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Changes in BeatMaker v2.5
- Compatible with Apple iOS Inter-App Audio (iOS7 only, iPhone+iPad).
- Compatible with iOS 7 on all devices (fix the graphic glitch on iPhone 5S).
- INTUA Sound Store for getting new kits and sound banks.
- New effect: Stereo delay.
- MIDI note learn on drum machine: configure each drum sampler exactly like your MIDI controller.
- MIDI Clock and MIDI transport messages improved.
- Quick MIDI CC touch’n'learn on instruments, mixer and effects controls.
- Every instrument will listen on MIDI Channel #1 by default.
- Take-over mode for reading back sequencer automations.
- Looping will no longer reset automations.
- OMNI disabled by default.
- MIDI Clock messages are sent by default.
- Auto-saved sessions (“Last Session”) now saved with project name, in a special directory “Auto-saved Sessions”.
- MIDI configuration templates will now save custom note mapping.
- GM Drum mapping mode in Drum Machine MIDI configuration panel.
- Note length can be edited directly on the pattern editor.
- Missing samples will still be displayed on pads and keyboard mapping editor for easier recovery (prefixed with a cross).
- Update to Audiobus SDK 1.0.2.
- Other fixes and enhancements.
BeatMaker 2 for iOS costs $19.99 USD.
More information: Intua / BeatMaker 2