Holderness Media has released Crystalline, a shimmer delay/reverb effects processor for iPad.
Designed for use with the Audiobus app as well as USB audio interfaces, Crystalline lets you easily create beautiful synth-like tones and textures from input sources such as guitar, piano or vocals.
Crystalline is capable of producing classic shimmer reverb and delay effects inspired by guitar pedals and rack processors from the 80′s, unique pitch shifted delays and more.
Crystalline also works as an Inter-app Audio effect inside hosts such as Auria, Cubasis and Apple’s own Garageband.
- Control left and right channel effects parameters independently or linked.
- 16 delay modes for a wide variety of pitch shifted delay effects.
- Multiple stereo output modes including: Wide Stereo, Cross Feedback, Stereo Tremolo and Sum to Mono.
- Huge range of ambient sound effects possible, from beautiful shimmering reverbs to dissonant, metallic.
The app is available from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
More information: Holderness Media / Crystalline
iMusicAlbum has announced version 2.5 of the of Audio Mastering app for iPad.
Audio Mastering is the first fully functional professional quality audio mastering application for iPad. For everyone who wants to take their final mixes to the next level. Precise control of all parameters and highest quality audio processing, the most important part of any mastering, is the base of this application.
Changes in Audio Mastering
- New spectrum analyzer modes.
- Get max, snapshot and compare spectrums.
- Applying part of preset and combine settings from different presets.
- Comparison A / B with the equal loudness level.
- Peak and time markers on compressor signals graph.
- Built-in description updated.
The app is available from the iTunes App Store for $12.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering
Monoplugs has announced the release B-Step Sequencer for iPad, a melodic, chord based step sequencer inspired by a bass guitar.
The sequencer comes with native support for one or two Novation Launchpads. B-Step supports CoreMIDI, Virtual MIDI ports, Network MIDI and a lot of MIDI hardware devices. It also supports MIDI Learn, so you can control B-Step’s user interface with any MIDI controller you like.
B-Step can work as MIDI clock master or you can sync it to another clock master.
B-Step Sequencer for iPad features
- Native Novation Launchpad support.
- Advanced MIDI learn.
- 3 color profiles.
- Clean and simple user interface.
- Run in background.
B-Step Sequencer for iPad is available for purchase at the introductory price of $16.99 USD until May 15th, 2014.
More information: Monoplugs
WaveMachine Labs has released version 1.142 of its Auria recording app for iPad, fixing numerous bugs and adding ripple editing.
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/96 kHz tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks simultaneously (through a supported USB multichannel audio interface), and edit and mix with familiar tools and full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitrack recording.
Changes in Auria v1.142
- New Ripple Edit Mode, which changes the way Cut, Copy, Paste, AudioPaste, Delete and Record function. In this mode, audio slides to the right or left after performing the operation.
- Fixed issue with auto punch not playing back until a few seconds after the end locator.
- Fixed issue with auto punch audio only outputting on left side for stereo tracks when using built-in mic.
- Fixed IAAs issue where IAA effects were recorded, even though Record Effects isn’t enabled.
- Fixed issue with preview file growing very large when exporting to dropbox.
- Fixed IAA issue on master track.
- Fixed issue with duplicating a project from inside a folder.
- Added new versions of SugarBytes Turnado and WOW2 which fix various bugs.
- Various crash fixes.
Auria is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $24.99 USD.
More information: WaveMachine Labs / Auria
n-Track Software has released version 3.4 of its n-Track Studio for iPhone, iPad & iPod.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
Changes in n-Track Studio v3.4
- Multitrack Piano-roll: display and edit multiple MIDI tracks at the same time.
- The MIDI keyboard now optionally doubles to show two separate keyboards that can output to separate tracks/instruments.
- The new Level Meter lets you precisely adjust and monitor the recording.
- Import multiple files from Dropbox.
- The save command can now export MIDI tracks as MIDI files.
- Fixed sometimes Audiobus channels names do not match the actual audio.
- The metronome now allows to enter fractional BPM tempos.
n-Track Studio is available from the App Store for $7.99 USD.
More information: n-Track Software / n-Track Studio
Twisted Tools has announced the release of Morph Board, a free Lemur tool to easily morph anything.
Twisted Tools is celebrating the launch of our new blog where we will be posting frequent news, interviews and free downloads.
To kick things off, we’ve released a free gift called Morph Board. We’ve been using Morph Board internally at Twisted Tools to speed up our sound design workflow and thought it would be fun to share with the community.
Morph Board is a free tool designed by Lemur expert Antonio Blanca to make it easy to store, recall and morph presets using Liine’s Lemur app for the iPad.
With Morph Board, you can store up to 16 presets and morph between them without the need for any scripting knowledge.
Lemur Morph Board is available for download from the Twisted Tools blog.
More information: Twisted Tools / Morph Board
IK Multimedia has announced the release of AmpliTube Orange for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Officially licensed and developed in close partnership with Orange Amplification, the new AmpliTube Orange for iPad and for iPhone/iPhone Touch is a real time mobile Orange Amplifier and effects studio featuring digital models of 5 classic and modern Orange guitar amplifiers and one Orange bass amplifier.
Each amp and cab model has been meticulously recreated in both looks and sound to deliver spot-on Orange tone any time, everywhere.
AmpliTube Orange for iOS features
- Real-time Orange amp and effects guitar/bass suite.
- 5 Classic and modern officially certified Orange guitar amps: OR50, Rockerverb 50, Thunderverb 200, Tiny Terror, AD 30, AD 200 MK 3 Bass Amp.
- Matching speaker cabinet models can be mixed & matched.
- Selectable speaker mic choices: passive & condenser.
- 4 Stomps: Echo Trip delay, Highway Drive overdrive, Shaker tremolo, Noise filter.
- Built-in tuner, metronome.
- 4 (iPad)/3 (iPhone) slots for daisy chained stompbox effects.
- Single track recorder included (expandable to 8 (iPad)/4 (iPhone) tracks with bounce feature, master effects via in-app purchase).
- Song section for importing device library music and play-along.
- MIDI controllable via iRig PRO or iRig MIDI.
- Create and save presets.
- Works with all IK Multimedia mobile interfaces like iRig PRO, iRig HD or iRig Stomp.
- Standalone app or available as in-app bundle in AmpliTube for iPad/iPhone.
- Full production music suite for your iPad.
- Designed and engineered in Italy.
AmpliTube Orange for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch is available for purchase for $14.99 USD/13.99 EUR each. The 4–Track recorder and 8-Track recorder with master effects section are an in-app purchase for $9.99 USD/8.99 EUR and $14.99 USD/13.99 EUR respectively.
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Orange for iPad