, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014 - 0 comments
IK Multimedia has announced iRing, the first motion-tracking controller for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch music apps and more.
Now musicians, gamers, and more can trigger sounds and control effects and other parameters of their favorite apps, in real time, using hand position, freeing them from touching the screen!
iRing utilizes a wearable ring with identifiable markers, the mobile device’s front-facing camera, and advanced computer vision with highly-optimized recognition algorithms built-in to an app, to determine the precise positioning of the ring markers. The device camera picks up the positioning of the ring patterns and the apps convert that information into music commands for dedicated app or MIDI information, which any compatible music app can read. This means that a user can now operate up to six controllable music parameters in their preferred music apps with one or two hands gestures.
iRing includes two identical double-sided ring controllers, plus two free apps for music applications, which target everyone from music lovers to DJs to seasoned musicians: iRing Music Maker and iRing FX/Controller.
- Ring controller, in tandem with either of two included apps featuring advanced motion-tracking technology, allows remote control of iOS app and app parameters using hand gestures.
- Great for musicians and non-musicians alike.
- Includes two identical, two-pattern reversible rings, allowing for numerous control combinations and the control up to 6 effect parameters simultaneously with two hands.
- Rings are unique looking, light, comfortable and provide a universal fit.
- Included iRing Music Maker app allows novices to make music using hand gestures.
- Included iRing FX/Controller app lets musicians and DJs create custom MIDI control setups, plus add and control audio effects when used together with other music apps via Inter-App Audio or Audiobus.
iRing will cost $24.99 USD/19.99 EUR (exc. taxes), and will be available in Q1 2014 in three colors (white, green and silver). Pre-orders are already available on the IK Multimedia online store and selected stores. iRing FX/Controller and iRing Music Maker apps will be available as free downloads from the App Store.
More information: IK Multimedia / iRing
Related: audio interface
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Positive Grid has announced its BT-2 and BT-4 foot controllers, two robust, fully-programmable Bluetooth MIDI foot controllers with I/O features for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Guitarists, bassists, pianists, vocalists and music producers will now have hands-free control over their iOS and Mac apps using either a two- or four-button wireless foot controller designed to provide total freedom and reliable operation in any live performance, studio recording or rehearsal situation.
“Mobile devices have changed the landscape and brought new possibilities to many working musicians,” said Jaime Ruchman, Marketing Manager at Positive Grid, “and they’ve been asking for a foot controller that is extremely solid and easy to use and which provides a live-ready solution. The BT foot controllers are the answers for that.”
BT-2 / BT-4 features
- Bluetooth MIDI foot controller for iPad and iPhone.
- Solid metal case with 2 or 4 assignable foot switches.
- Made for JamUp XT, JamUp Pro XT, GarageBand.
- Send Bank Change, Program Change and Control Changes.
- External expression pedal jack.
- Built-in iOS link for plug and play audio interface.
- Optimized for active/passive pickups for both guitar and bass.
- BT iOS app runs in background on iOS to send MIDI.
- AA x 2 batteries.
- iOS 7 ready.
Positive Grid’s new Bluetooth foot controllers retail for $99.99 USD (BT-4 four-button set) and $79.99 USD (BT-2 two-button set) and will be available in Spring 2014.
More information: Positive Grid
Bremmers Audio Design has launched MultitrackStudio for iPad, a streamlined, simplified version of the MultitrackStudio audio/MIDI multitrack recording software.
It’s even easier to use, even more straightforward and even more fun.
Think MultitrackStudio but leave out the computer problems and distractions… that’s MultitrackStudio for iPad!
MultitrackStudio for iPad features
- Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
- Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI controllers, timesig/tempo and song.
- One effect return section.
- One master section.
- Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
- Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Pseudo Stereo, Reverb, Saturator, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
- MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible) and one CoreMIDI output device.
- MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, drum and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device.
- Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
- Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
- Exports .wav and .mid files.
- Exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song in MultitrackStudio for Windows/OS X.
The app is available to purchase at an introductory 40% discount until January 20th, 2014, priced at $18 USD (regular $30 USD).
More information: MultitrackStudio for iPad
, Camel Audio
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Camel Audio has released version 2.2.6 of the Alchemy Mobile music app for iOS.
Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.2.6
- Improved MIDI CC overdubbing.
- Improved IAA and AudioBus support.
- Support for iOS 7.1.
- Various additional improvements.
Alchemy Mobile is available as a free download for iPhone/iPad from the iTunes app store.
Until December 31st, the Alchemy Mobile Pro Upgrade is available as an in-app purchase for iPhone/iPad at 50% off, priced at $6.99 USD / 5.99 EUR / £4.99 GBP.
In addition to all the standard functionality of Alchemy Mobile, Alchemy Mobile Pro users have access to a multitude of additional features, including:
- Save and Export Songs – Recall and export your songs
- Full MIDI Learn – Assign external controllers to any parameter
- Remote Control – Control the desktop version of Alchemy
- Polyphonic Pitch Bend – Bend notes in different directions
Note: To see the offer price, users may need to drag down on the Libraries list to refresh its content.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has announced it is celebrating the announcement of TRAKTOR DJ‘s “App of the Year” status among numerous year-end mentions in the App Store worldwide.
The world’s first pro DJ app was chosen as Apple’s App of the Year in many countries and was runner up in several others.
Initially released for the iPad in February, TRAKTOR DJ has won countless praise and introduced a tactile, on-the-go DJ solution aimed at DJs of all levels. Utilizing familiar iOS Multi-Touch gestures like pinch and swipe, TRAKTOR DJ has brought a professional quality mixing experience to iPad and iPhone. The revolutionary app allows DJs to intuitively interact with their music in a completely new way.
To celebrate TRAKTOR DJ’s success, Native Instruments has significantly dropped the price of both iPad and iPhone versions in the App Store for a limited time until January 31, 2014.
TRAKTOR DJ is available in the App Store for only $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR for iPad and $1.99 USD / 1.79 EUR for iPhone until January 31, 2014.
More information: Native Instruments / TRAKTOR DJ
Franke Music has announced the release of Stroke Machine, a drum and groove synthesizer for the iPad.
Stroke Machine is a professional Drum and Groove Synthesizer and Sequencer for the iPad developed by Wolfram Franke.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute or solo individual instruments, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
The high-contrast user interface is perfectly suited for dim light situations on stage and assists in sound creation in the studio.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality Oscillator, Filter, Overdrive and Effect models, extremly fast Envelopes and LFO, sample-exact Pattern Sequencer and a sophisticated Sample, Sound and Pattern library.
Stroke Machine features
- 12 drum and percussion sound parts.
- 12 melodic sound parts.
- Number of voices only limited by CPU.
- Four multi-effect busses.
- Pattern with up to eight bars and 16th resolution, bar nominator and denominator freely adjustable.
- 128 patterns including all sounds in direct access.
- Modulation sequencer for smooth or quantised automation of each continuous sound and bus parameter.
- Track and solo mute.
- Sample import.
- Audio export of a pattern or the whole performance.
- AudioBus Support.
- WIST support.
Stroke Machine is available for the introductory price of 13.99 EUR/$14.99 USD from December 20th to 26th, 2013 (regular 17.99 EUR/$19.99 USD).
More information: Franke Music
Justus Kandzi has announced the Brute LFO, a powerful low frequency oscillator that modulates your analog gear.
If you have a hardware synth that allows you to use external gear to modulate the pitch, the filter, or any other parameter, just plug the Brute LFO into the CV in and start playing.
It consists of three separate LFOs. LFO 1 and 2 can be controlled using the control elements in the top half of the screen. The big knob in he middle sets the rate of both the LFOs. Additionally you can change the waveforms of the LFOs, detune LFO 2 and change its phase. The amount knob in the top half also sets the overall amount of the modulation.
The elements on the bottom half (LFO 3) can be used to modulate the frequency of LFO 1 and 2.
And the brute switch destroys everything!
Bruto LFO for iOS is available to purchase for $3.99 USD.
More information: Justus Kandzi / Brute LFO
Steinberg has announced version 1.7.1 of Cubasis, a streamlined, multitouch sequencer app for iPad.
Steinberg announces today the release of a maintenance update for its Cubasis app.
This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and is highly recommended for all users of Cubasis.
Changes in Cubasis v1.7.1
- Start button added to the mixdown popup.
- Solves a rare issue where triggering MIDI notes frequently on an instrument assigned via Core MIDI lead to hanging notes.
- Fixes a rare phenomenon where MIDI port list popups appeared continuously.
- Solves an issue where the attack and release values were reseted to their defaults when switching between projects.
- Solves a rare problem where executing a mixdown of a project that contained IAA instruments lead to oversized audio files.
- Moving the pan fader while playback is running no longer leads to audio dropouts.
- Executing a FLAC mixdown of the same project no longer overwrites the previous audio file without notice.
- IAA audio file naming has been corrected to allow projects to be imported in Cubase without the need to locate IAA audio files manually.
- MIDI events with a huge number of notes no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Corrects an issue where a wrong instrument was highlighted in the Media Bay after an instrument was changed in Microsonic.
- The effect status in the inspector now gets updated correctly by tapping its edit button.
- Fixes a rare phenomenon where switching instruments while playing could lead to hanging notes.
- Solves the issue where tapping the panic button did not reset hanging notes of an IAA instrument app.
- Switching projects quickly that contain IAA instruments no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- The playable keyboard range now updates correctly after an instrument is changed.
Cubasis for iPad is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. The Cubasis 1.7.1 update can now be downloaded on the Apple App Store.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis