IK Multimedia has announced the release of the iRing motion-tracking controller for iDevices.
Originally presented at CES 2014, iRing is a wearable and affordable controller for iOS music apps and more. It allows touch-less parameter control via state-of-the-art motion-tracking technology.
iRing utilizes a wearable ring with identifiable markers, the mobile device’s front-facing camera, and advanced computer vision with highly-optimized recognition algorithms to determine the precise positioning of the ring markers. The device camera picks up the positioning of the ring patterns and the apps convert that information into music commands for dedicated app or MIDI information, which any compatible music app can read. This means that a user can operate up to six controllable music parameters in their preferred music apps with one or two hands gestures.
Also included are two free apps for music applications, which are intended for everyone from music lovers to DJs to seasoned musicians: iRing Music Maker and iRing FX/Controller.
iRing Music Maker is a free app designed to give music lovers and DJs a fun new way to create
music and grooves using hand gestures, no matter what their skill level. iRing Music Maker
utilizes music “loops” that always sound good together and can be remixed in virtually limitless
combinations by simply waving the hands with the iRing controllers in front of the device’s
camera. To learn more about iRing Music Maker, watch this video playlist.
iRing FX/Controller is the app for musicians and DJs that is both a real-time audio
effects processor and a MIDI controller with fully assignable parameters. It can be used as a
touch-less outboard audio effects processor, or can be fully configured to send multiple
simultaneous MIDI parameters such as control changes, notes, or any other MIDI messages.
To learn more about iRing Music Maker, watch this video playlist.
There is an SDK and a free licensing program available upon request for developers who want to integrate motion control into their apps.
The iRing is available for purchase in three colors (white, green and grey) for $24.99 USD / 19.99 EUR (ex. taxes). iRing FX/Controller and iRing Music Maker apps will be available as free downloads from the App Store.
More information: IK Multimedia / iRing
n-Track Software has released version 3.4 of its n-Track Studio for iPhone, iPad & iPod.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
Changes in n-Track Studio v3.4
- Multitrack Piano-roll: display and edit multiple MIDI tracks at the same time.
- The MIDI keyboard now optionally doubles to show two separate keyboards that can output to separate tracks/instruments.
- The new Level Meter lets you precisely adjust and monitor the recording.
- Import multiple files from Dropbox.
- The save command can now export MIDI tracks as MIDI files.
- Fixed sometimes Audiobus channels names do not match the actual audio.
- The metronome now allows to enter fractional BPM tempos.
n-Track Studio is available from the App Store for $7.99 USD.
More information: n-Track Software / n-Track Studio
IK Multimedia has announced the release of AmpliTube Orange for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Officially licensed and developed in close partnership with Orange Amplification, the new AmpliTube Orange for iPad and for iPhone/iPhone Touch is a real time mobile Orange Amplifier and effects studio featuring digital models of 5 classic and modern Orange guitar amplifiers and one Orange bass amplifier.
Each amp and cab model has been meticulously recreated in both looks and sound to deliver spot-on Orange tone any time, everywhere.
AmpliTube Orange for iOS features
- Real-time Orange amp and effects guitar/bass suite.
- 5 Classic and modern officially certified Orange guitar amps: OR50, Rockerverb 50, Thunderverb 200, Tiny Terror, AD 30, AD 200 MK 3 Bass Amp.
- Matching speaker cabinet models can be mixed & matched.
- Selectable speaker mic choices: passive & condenser.
- 4 Stomps: Echo Trip delay, Highway Drive overdrive, Shaker tremolo, Noise filter.
- Built-in tuner, metronome.
- 4 (iPad)/3 (iPhone) slots for daisy chained stompbox effects.
- Single track recorder included (expandable to 8 (iPad)/4 (iPhone) tracks with bounce feature, master effects via in-app purchase).
- Song section for importing device library music and play-along.
- MIDI controllable via iRig PRO or iRig MIDI.
- Create and save presets.
- Works with all IK Multimedia mobile interfaces like iRig PRO, iRig HD or iRig Stomp.
- Standalone app or available as in-app bundle in AmpliTube for iPad/iPhone.
- Full production music suite for your iPad.
- Designed and engineered in Italy.
AmpliTube Orange for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch is available for purchase for $14.99 USD/13.99 EUR each. The 4–Track recorder and 8-Track recorder with master effects section are an in-app purchase for $9.99 USD/8.99 EUR and $14.99 USD/13.99 EUR respectively.
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Orange for iPad
batZode has announced Blowfinger, an app that turns any iPad into a breath or wind controller.
Musicians blow across an iPhone mic – or any other mic – and the wind noise is converted into a MIDI continuous controller. The instrument can send notes from the onscreen keyboard or woodwind touch keys (which use a very simple and intuitive fingering system). Or it can just function as a MIDI breath controller.
“We designed this app to take the place of expensive, inferior hardware breath controllers,” programmer Stephan Podell says. “It’s also a fantastic auxiliary controller for playing MIDI instruments.”
- Blowfinger Keyboard mode
- Velocity-sensitive keyboard allows you to glide between notes in a way not possible on a regular keyboard, making this an excellent musical performance addition to any set-up.
- Use the eight utility pads with user text labels to send program changes or keyswitches. Or use them to play drums and percussion – they’re velocity-sensitive.
- The XY pad offers additional expressive control in both axes, and it can be set to snap back to zero, to the center, or stay where you release it. Choose which MIDI controller is sent in each direction.
- Transpose octaves up or down with one tap (either or both keyboard manuals).
- Blowfinger Wind mode
- Simplified fingerings based on recorder or Boehm system allow anyone who’s ever played a wind instrument to pick up Blowfinger right away. You switch octaves with your left thumb, so once you know one octave you know them all.
- One size fits all. The keys and the thumb pads can be resized, moved, and stretched all over the screen. Play the instrument on your lap or perhaps a desk in front of you, or move the pads to the sides and hold the iPad up to your belly.
- XY right thumb pad. This has the same features as the one in Keyboard Mode, with your choice of snap back behavior and MIDI controllers.
- General features
- Blowfinger can work as a breath controller without sending notes; in Breath-only mode, blow without fingering and it sends a MIDI controller.
- Simultaneous support for Network MIDI over Wi-Fi, hardware MIDI, and inter-application MIDI to control synths running on the same iPad. Also supports rpMIDI for wireless MIDI on Windows.
- While it feels great right away, you can personalize the breath response to suit your preference and also to adjust for noisy environments.
- Global transposition so you can play in the key of Cb without getting angry.
Blowfinger is available to purchase for $17.99 USD.
More information: batZode
Faber Acoustical has released version 2.0 of its RoomScope room acoustics app for iOS, which now fully supports iOS 7 with a refreshed look and feel that is consistent with recent updates to SignalScope Pro and IOScope.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard.
RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Changes in RoomScope v2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”.
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
RoomScope for iOS is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: Faber Acoustical / RoomScope
IK Multimedia has announced the release of GrooveMaker 2 for iPad, the most powerful mobile loop based music making app with a patented “groove generator” engine that lets anyone create professional quality non-stop grooves, beats and songs in real time.
GrooveMaker 2.1 adds universal compatibility that provides iPad users with an intuitive groove making interface and full suite of professional tools and effects for creating music and grooves on the go on an iPad.
GrooveMaker 2 provides a completely new and intuitive way of making music by using groups of loops called songs (60 loops per song) that always sound good together, and users use these to build grooves and complete songs.
GrooveMaker 2 gives users total control over the creation, mixing and remixing process from a newly designed iOS 7 style interface and intuitive controls, loop import, automatic mixing controls, loop effects, mastering effects, groove sequencing and export controls. With GrooveMaker 2, anyone can make music and be a DJ, anywhere, any time.
GrooveMaker 2 for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / GrooveMaker 2 for iPad
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Positive Grid has announced the release of an iPhone version of the BIAS amplifier modeler and designer app, previously released for the iPad.
The new iPhone and iPod Touch version of BIAS features a number of sonic improvements over its initial iPad version debut, as well as the addition of ToneCloud, the industry’s first cloud-based amp sharing social platform. With BIAS for iPhone, users are able to create and share their own custom amp creations with fellow musicians as well as download, like and comment on the creations of others.
“With this new version of BIAS, musicians can own, design and share an infinite collection of highly realistic sounding amps right in their iPhones,” says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And we know that a lot of them want to rock the stage with BIAS, so, with our upcoming BT-4 Bluetooth controller rounding out the complete product ecosystem, they’ll be ready to live the whole BIAS experience anywhere.”
BIAS for iPhone features
- The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling available in the world.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- ToneCloud amp sharing platform.
- Designed for iOS7.
- Compatible with iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4s or superior.
BIAS for iPhone and iPod touch is available to purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD (regular $9.99 USD). Designed for iOS7, the app requires an iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4s (or newer) to operate.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS