Gospel Musicians has announced version 2.1 of Neo-Soul Keys for iPhone and iPad.
This version is a universal version for the iPhone and iPad, which means that if you have already purchased for the EPs (Suitcase, Stage, Wurli, Dyno, EX5) for the iPad, then the the iPhone versions are free.
Version 2.1 is optimized for iOS 7 with new graphics and new 64-bit audio APIs for the new iPhone 5s. We have also added a virtual keyboard for both the iPhone and iPad versions as well.
All electric pianos are on sale until the end of December:
- Suitcase: $6.99.
- Stage: $4.99.
- EX5: $4.99.
- Dyno: $4.99.
- Wurli: $4.99.
More information: Gospel Musicians / Neo-Soul Keys for iOS
Moog Music has announced the release of the Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack, a soundset for the Animoog synthesizer app for iOS.
The expansion pack includes 69 Timbres extracted from a vintage Minimoog Model D analog synthesizer, and 213 presets designed exclusively for Animoog’s Anisotropic Synthesis Engine.
“Animoog’s Anisotropic Synthesis Engine is unique in that it uses timbres as evolving oscillators rather than as samples” Said Cyril Lance, Chief Engineer Moog Music. “Taking timbres from a Minimoog and placing them in Animoog creates very distinctive sounds that are advanced and invigorating. This isn’t an emulation of a Minimoog. It is actually a new way to experience it.” said Lance.
The Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack is available now as an In-App-Purchase in the Animoog store for $6.99 USD.
Moog has also announced that its iOS apps are available at reduced prices in celebration of the Thanksgiving holiday:
More information: Moog / Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack
Posted in news
on Nov 14, 2013 - 0 comments
Steinberg has announced the release of VST Connect Pro, a fully featured remote recording solution for remote multitrack recording of audio and MIDI in premium sound quality.
“With VST Connect Pro, we’re convinced to be revolutionizing the way producers and musicians work together. In fact, the technology behind VST Connect delivers completely new approaches to producing music, triggering and recording instruments remotely, and cooperating with musicians and clients at a distance,” remarked Frank Simmerlein, marketing director at Steinberg.
VST Connect Pro offers encrypted transfer of real-time recordings through the internet and local area networks. While delivering immediate stereo recordings, up to 16 audio tracks are recorded in the background in uncompressed, high resolution.
Compatible with Cubase 7, VST Connect Pro establishes a peer-to-peer connection with the free client-side application, VST Connect Performer. During remote recording sessions, users of both software applications can adjust the cue mix and talkback levels, as well as communicate via video link.
With the release of VST Connect Pro, Steinberg also introduces Studio Pass, the free iOS app for VST Connect that lets users dial into the recording session with an iPhone or iPad.
VST Connect Pro features
- Collaborate with other musicians and producers around the world.
- Peer-to-peer solution with sample accurate sync.
- MIDI support for sending and receiving MIDI data to your recording counterpart.
- Encrypted transfer for secure exchange of important audio material.
- Multi-channel support for remote recording of up to 16 channels.
- Up to 192 kHz audio support with downstream transfer of large-scale uncompressed audio files.
- Cue mix section for optimal recording environment.
- LAN support for connections in your local network.
- VST 3 support for recording VST instruments via peer-to-peer connection.
- Free download client-side application with full remote control of session settings by the session administrator.
VST Connect Pro is available to purchase for MSRP 199 EUR, including German VAT. Studio Pass for VST Connect Pro is soon available as free App Store download on iTunes.
More information: Steinberg / VST Connect Pro
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Nov 04, 2013 - 0 comments
IK Multimedia has announced that AmpliTube, AmpliTube Fender, AmpliTube Slash, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix and VocaLive users get 40% discount on the Recorder through in app purchase.
From now until November 14th, 2013 you can get the multi-track recorder inside your favorite guitar or vocal app for a great price. AmpliTube users can also save 40% on the Studio and Studio + Recorder in-app purchase as well.
Inside AmpliTube and VocaLive’s multi-track recorder, you can use the handy “Apply FX” feature to subtly or radically change the sound of your recorded vocals and instruments without having to re-record them. Capture your ideas quickly by recording your performances with the built-in recorder featuring re-amping capabilities, then share your track by exporting high quality audio files or M4As – all in the convenience of your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
The limited time offer to get 40% off on a multi-track recorder expires November 14th, 2013.
More information: IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Oct 31, 2013 - 0 comments
VirSyn has announced version 1.5 of Addictive microSynth, a dynamic wavetable synthesizer app for the iPhone/iPod.
Combines the synthesis power of Addictive Synth with an easy to use 4 track loop phrase recorder.
It was never so easy to create beautiful sounds and driving loops. The unique dynamic wavetable synthesis allows you to explore an unprecedented wide range of sonic territory. From acid loops, crystal clear percussions, realistic human choirs to complex musical soundscapes nothing seems impossible with only a handful parameters to tweak.
Changes in Addictive microSynth
- Audiobus support (Input).
- Audio background mode.
- Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
- Support for Korg’s Wireless Sync-Start Technology (WIST).
- Publish loops and recordings online with the SoundCloud audio platform.
- List of loops/recordings with play function.
- iOS 7 compatibility.
- iPhone 5 graphics.
- Metronome on Loop recording.
- Many bugfixes.
The Addictive microSynth costs $3.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / Addictive microSynth
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Oct 29, 2013 - 0 comments
Intua has updated its BeatMaker 2 music workstation app for iOS to version 2.5.
BeatMaker 2: the most advanced mobile music workstation.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Changes in BeatMaker v2.5
- Compatible with Apple iOS Inter-App Audio (iOS7 only, iPhone+iPad).
- Compatible with iOS 7 on all devices (fix the graphic glitch on iPhone 5S).
- INTUA Sound Store for getting new kits and sound banks.
- New effect: Stereo delay.
- MIDI note learn on drum machine: configure each drum sampler exactly like your MIDI controller.
- MIDI Clock and MIDI transport messages improved.
- Quick MIDI CC touch’n’learn on instruments, mixer and effects controls.
- Every instrument will listen on MIDI Channel #1 by default.
- Take-over mode for reading back sequencer automations.
- Looping will no longer reset automations.
- OMNI disabled by default.
- MIDI Clock messages are sent by default.
- Auto-saved sessions (“Last Session”) now saved with project name, in a special directory “Auto-saved Sessions”.
- MIDI configuration templates will now save custom note mapping.
- GM Drum mapping mode in Drum Machine MIDI configuration panel.
- Note length can be edited directly on the pattern editor.
- Missing samples will still be displayed on pads and keyboard mapping editor for easier recovery (prefixed with a cross).
- Update to Audiobus SDK 1.0.2.
- Other fixes and enhancements.
BeatMaker 2 for iOS costs $19.99 USD.
More information: Intua / BeatMaker 2
n-Track Software has released version 3.1 of its n-Track Studio app for iOS, now including MIDI support and inter-app audio.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
Changes in n-Track Studio v3.1
- Support for inter-app audio instruments. Add an instrument app with the + button on the toolbar.
- Mixdown can now be saved in 16, 24, 32 or 64 bit audio format.
- Choose microphone on multi-mic devices and set microphone polar pattern (e.g. cardioid, omnidirectional).
- AudioCopy & Paste updated to SDK version 2.[v3.0]
- Fixed glitches on some instruments when playing with sustain on.
- Fixed crash when calling ‘Open track in…’ command, which now appears long tapping on an audio track.
- Fixed removing an instrument may alter output setting of other MIDI tracks.
- Fixed glitches changing song loop interval during playback.
- Built-in metronome with programmable tempo changes [v3.0]
- EQ now appears as a popup window [v3.0]
- 2D frequency spectrum sonogram [v3.0]
- iOS 7 compatibility [v3.0]
- New features available via in-app purchase:
- MIDI tracks with builtin multi instrument synth.
- MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window.
- On screen MIDI keyboard.
- Support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI.
- 3D frequency spectrum.
- Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices.
n-Track for iOS is available to purchase for $6.99 USD. MIDI features are available as in-app purchase for $3.99 USD, 3D frequency spectrum available with the Pro-Features pack for $5.99 USD, and the 8 Effects pack costs $1.99 USD.
More information: n-Track / n-Track Studio