iZotope has released version 1.01 of its BreakTweaker “future beat machine” for Windows and Mac.
Designed by BT and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is not just a drum machine: it’s a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that blurs the line between rhythm and melody.
Give your beats an ever-evolving depth that gets better the longer they play. Use rhythmic slicing to drive everything from pitched melodic lines to sweeping rhythmic overtures. Top it all off with the best drum sample library in existence, curated by BT, iZotope, and top producers today.
Changes in BreakTweaker v1.01
- Enhancement: Tab key now switches between Sequencer and Generator view.
- Enhancement: Preset Browser and Sample Browser have been increased in size for better user experience.
- Enhancement: Trackpad scrolling within the Preset Browser and Sample Browser is now faster.
- Enhancement: Modulation knob has been optimized for better CPU performance.
- Enhancement: Distortions have been optimized for better CPU performance.
- Fix: Addressed an issue with Sample & Hold mode in the LFO.
- Fix: Addressed an issue with AAX host timing.
- Fix: Addressed an issue where an LFO applied to a Wavetable or Pitch could cause a crash.
BreakTweaker is available to purchase for $249 USD.
More information: iZotope / BreakTweaker
Related: channel strip
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 25, 2014
Time+Space has announced that iZotope is offering a discount on its Alloy 2 mixing tools for a limited time.
Far more than just a traditional channel strip, Alloy 2 is a modern twist on classic mixing that neatly packages the mixing essentials in a self-contained and completely configurable plug-in that puts everything you need at your fingertips.
Alloy 2 features
- Get six powerful tools in one integrated plug-in: Equalizer, Dynamics, Exciter, De-Esser, Transient Shaper and Limiter.
- Achieve exceptional sound quality, balancing vintage emulation with digital precision.
- Hear results immediately with zero latency performance, whether you’re tracking in real-time or in the midst of a mix session.
- Visualize your mixing decisions with rich meter displays to guide the way.
- Start fast, then go deep with over 250 presets and a tweaker’s paradise of advanced controls.
Until 31st March, 2014, Alloy 2 is available to purchase for £84.95 GBP / 114 EUR (over 40% off RRP).
Existing Alloy users can upgrade to Alloy 2 for £36.95 GBP / 51.95 EUR, and existing users of other iZotope products can crossgrade for £65.95 GBP / 87.95 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / Alloy 2
VST Buzz has launched a limited time sale on Luftrum 10, offering a 30% discount on the soundset by Luftrum for iZotope’s IRIS.
Luftrum 10 is an incredible soundset for iZotope Iris inspired by the sounds of Mother Earth and pioneers from the early electronic music scene. It contains 64 presets including ambient pads, soundscapes, synths, sound effects, bass and keys.
The soundbank makes extensive use of samples from the Luftrum collection – samples of didgeridoo, the forest, rain, voices, airport, sound toys, clockworks, record dust, VA synths etc. and a handpicked selection of binaural recordings allowing you to make sound worlds collide in harmony. If you’ve got iZotope Iris, you need this soundset and if you don’t…then you need to buy iZotope Iris (its awesome!)
The soundset is available to purchase at VST Buzz for $16 USD until February 11th, 2014 (regular $23 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
Sony Creative Software has launched version 2.0 of its Sound Forge Pro audio editing software for Mac.
Generate flawless audio files with Sound Forge™ Pro Mac. New features include in-depth metering utilities, top-tier vocal processing, and the freestanding Convrt™ Batch Processing Automation Tool.
Seamless integration with SpectraLayers™ Pro 2 provides the finishing touch, delivering the ultimate in waveform and spectral editing program integration. Employ Sound Forge Pro Mac in your studio workstream and open smooth new pathways to audio excellence in OS X.
Changes in Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.0
- Convert Batch Processing Automation Tool. A freestanding utility for mass file format conversions, plug-in signal and effects processing treatments, and file metadata attachments including art. Convrt can handle repetitive chores in the background while recording and editing audio in the Sound Forge Pro Mac workspace.
- Interoperability with SpectraLayers Pro 2.1. Transfer audio data between Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro and experience the thrill of working freely across the world’s premiere waveform and spectral editing applications.
- iZotope Nectar Elements. The included Nectar Elements plug-in makes vocal treatment a snap. Get great results quickly by loading one of Nectar’s professionally designed Style presets and then customizing your sound by adjusting dedicated controls.
- Loudness Meters. Win the volume war with new metering options. EBU R128/CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering helps you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
- Event Mode Improvements. Convert regions to events, lock event markers, region markers, and envelope points to events, and automatically ripple successive events forward in time while editing.
- FLAC file format support. Generate files in this popular lossless format that features space-saving compression and comprehensive metadata-handling capabilities.
- Auto Trim/Crop tool. Automatically remove unnecessary silence in a sound file while fading the edges of program segments in and out with user-controlled fade lengths.
Sony has also updated its SpectraLayers Pro software application for audio spectrum editing to version 2.1.
The SpectraLayers Pro 2.1 update features seamless interoperability with Sound Forge Pro Mac 2, an efficient reverb removal process, an improved noise reduction algorithm, expanded noise removal process options, and user interface improvements that make this update a must have.
Take advantage of the power of SpectraLayers Pro and enjoy full integration with the entire Sound Forge Pro line on both Mac and PC platforms.
Sound Forge Pro 2 for Mac is available to purchase for $299.95 USD; SpectraLayers Pro costs $399.95 USD. Both are bundled in the Audio Master Suite for $499.95 USD.
More information: Sony Creative Software
iZotope has introduced BreakTweaker, its new “Future Beat Machine” instrument for Windows and Mac.
Make beats you’ve never heard before. Built on a futuristic MicroEdit Engine, BreakTweaker turns everything you know about rhythm on its head.
Designed by BT and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is not just a drum machine: it’s a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that blurs the line between rhythm and melody. Give your beats an ever-evolving depth that gets better the longer they play. Use rhythmic slicing to drive everything from pitched melodic lines to sweeping rhythmic overtures. Top it all off with the best drum sample library in existence, curated by BT, iZotope, and top producers today. Explore a new era of rhythmic possibilities with this forward-thinking and forward-sounding instrument.
- Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market.
- Free yourself from traditional drum grids: Create complex polyrhythmic beats with unique isorhythm and playback speed settings.
- Experiment with stunning content: Explore presets, drum samples, and wavetables designed by today’s top musicians and DJs, including BT.
- Craft the perfect drum sound: Blend drum samples with robust synthesis features to generate compelling hybrid sounds.
- Take control of your beats: Easily trigger and sequence complex patterns and samples using any MIDI controller.
BreakTweaker for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD (regular $249 USD). BreakTweaker Expanded includes three diverse Expansions: Cinematic Textures, Vintage Machines, and Kicks & Snares by Beatport Sounds, and can be purchase for the intro price of $249 USD (regular $299 USD).
More information: iZotope / BreakTweaker
Time+Space has announced a limited time promotion on Ozone 5 Advanced, the mastering system by iZotope.
Take your mastering to the next level with iZotope Ozone 5 January deals.
Whether you´re looking to upgrade from an older version of Ozone or are completely new to iZotope´s critically acclaimed mastering suite, there´s a special deal for you with lower pricing on Ozone 5 Advanced and Upgrades throughout January at Time+Space.
The process of mastering ranges from correcting mistakes made in the mix to preparing a recording for target listening environments. Like a final coat of polish, mastering makes the difference between a good-sounding mix and a professional-sounding master.
Ozone 5, with its eight essential mastering tools – Maximizer, Equalizer, Dynamics, Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering – makes it easier than ever for anyone to master their audio simply and efficiently.
Ozone 5 Advanced is now available to purchase for £499 GBP / 551 EUR (30% off). Various upgrade offers for Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced are also available.
The promotion ends January 31st, 2014.
More information: Time+Space / Ozone 5 Advanced Sale
, instrument plugins
, Sonoma Wire Works
Posted in news
on Dec 24, 2013
Sonoma Wire Works has announced that its upcoming DrumCore 4 virtual drum instrument is now available to pre-order.
DrumCore 4 Lite, DrumCore 4 and DrumCore 4 Ultra are now available for pre-order. Order now and get $30 – $99 in bonus content packs!
Currently in development, DrumCore 4 is an AAX/AU/VST plug-in instrument with royalty-free 24-bit audio loops, MIDI loops, and multi velocity sampled drum kits.
A preview of DrumCore 4 was unveiled at Sonoma’s booth during the Taxi songwriter convention. Many features requested by users will be in DrumCore 4, which is expected around mid February 2014.
New DrumCore 4 features (subject to change)
- 64-bit compatible AAX/AU/VST.
- Expanded content, more kits, and additional genres.
- Rhythmic similarity engine powered by iZotope.
- MasterFX with spectrum analyzer.
- Mixer view with insert effects (Compressor, EQ, Delay, and Bitcrush).
- Online store for easily finding and purchasing content directly in the plugin.
- Search bar and loop bookmarking.
- Song timeline for assembling loops.
- And much more!
DrumCore 4 pre-orders and upgrade offers are available for a limited time only.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / DrumCore 4
iZotope has released version 5.05b of Ozone and Ozone Advanced, the mastering tools for Windows and Mac.
iZotope’s complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools: Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds seven additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and a comprehensive suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone v5.05b
- Fixed intermittent crash in Pro Tools 11 on Windows 64-bit systems.
- Fixed crash on Windows related to Fonts.
- Fixed unresponsive Authorization Wizard when opening Pro Tools 11 sessions that include a demo of Ozone or Insight.
- Fixed a 64 bit AAX bug where some list items wouldn’t stay selected. For example, if trying to select IRC II in the Maximizer, the selection would skip back to IRC I.
Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced are available to purchase for $249 and $999 USD respectively.
More information: iZotope / Ozone