iZotope has announced the release of Mixing with iZotope, a free guide that unravels the mysteries of mixing with iZotope.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, you’ll find a wealth of in-depth principles, tips, and techniques in our new guide, Mixing with iZotope.
Your ultimate guide to all things mixing, this guide breaks down the art, aesthetic and theory behind the audio mixing process. With simple explanations and visuals to help illustrate how tools such as Equalizers, Compressors and FX can transform your mix, the guide also features insider tips on using iZotope plug-ins to get the job done.
The guide is a free download as a PDF and eBook (via iTunes for iPhone & iPad).
More information: iZotope / Mixing with iZotope
Electronisounds has announced the launch of Microgenetic Breaks, a soundset for the Breaktweaker plug-in by Izotope.
This is the FIRST 3rd party soundbank for Izotope Breaktweaker! These presets are loaded with hand-crafted melodics & massive drum hits. 143 one-shot hits are also included – use them in your own breaktweaker kits or any sampler!
There are 20 kits (presets) in total – each with 12 variations, for a total of 240 patterns. Each kit has patterns 13-24 available for you to customize and create your own grooves with these sounds.
A WAV FORMAT loops & one-shots version is also available for those who do not own the Breaktweaker plug-in.
Microgenetic Breaks costs $19.99 USD.
More information: Electronisounds
Related: Alpha Loops
, Lennar Digital
, patches and sound banks
, Premier Sound Bank
, samples and sound libraries
, Soundtrack Loops
, Trance Techno Soundbanks
, Vanilla Groove Studios
Posted in news
on Mar 14, 2014 - 0 comments
Loopbased has released Euphoria for Sylenth1, a collection of 64 sounds for the Sylenth1 synthesizer by Lennar Digital that are ideal for Epic, Euphoric and Uplifting productions.
Included in this impressive soundset are 64 Ultra Powerful presets including: Leads, Basses, Effects and Pads. It includes practically every type of preset you could ever need in the production of Epic, Euphoric and Uplifting Music.
All of these patches are cutting edge and ready to be included in your commercial releases, royalty-free. with all the ability of synth presets offer it is very easy to adjust these great starter presets to your liking.
The soundset is available to purchase at Loopbased for 17 EUR.
Loopbased has also released 12 new packs from Soundtrack Loops, Alpha Loops, Uneek Sounds, Molgli, Awakened Audio, Premier Sound Banks, Electronisounds, and more.
New at Loopbased
- Organic Chill Out (Soundtrack Loops) – Soundtrack Loops is proud to announce Organic Chill Out, a set of six construction kits for producing live organic music. We used nothing but the best Vintage gear. There are 267 loops in total weighing in at a whopping 1.47 GB.
- Micromagnetic Breaks (Electronisounds) – Buckle up for sonic mayhem! Electronisounds presents MICROGENETIC BREAKS for Izotope BreakTweaker VST. This bank features first-rate, all new sounds and patterns to help get your tweak on!
- RnB Sway Midi Pack (Alpha Loops) – RnB Sway Midi Pack from Alpha Loops offers Midi Files in the style of classic and the freshest Modern RnB Hits. Each Kit contains Chord Progressions (MAJOR & MINOR 7TH,9TH). All kits were produced by Tony Sway.
- Premier Trap Massive Patches (Premier Sound Banks) – Premier Trap Massive Patches, our newest pack at Premier Sound Bank includes 75 top-tier massive patches that are ripe for use in your Trap productions. Every sound heard in the demo is included in the pack.
- Awakaned Bass 3 (Awakened Audio) – ‘Awakened Bass 3′ from Awakened Audio contains 100 Bass Loops at 128 BPM. This pack is focused on inspiration and creativity, all with the sonic quality, forward-thinking sound styles and approaches.
- Stop Drop Dance (Molgli) – Molgli is prooud to present ‘Stop Drop Dance’, a construction pack specially designed by Adam Someres. Dropping 5 amazing EDM kits full with WAV & MIDI loops ready to make you Dance.
- Drum and Bass Superpack Vol 2 (Premier Sound Banks) – Drum & Bass Superpack Volume 2 is an absolute monster to say the least, it includes over 500 high quality Drum, Bass, Synth, and FX samples, from dark reece basses to pounding drums these samples sure do shine.
- Crackin Snares Vol 1 (Uneek Sounds) – We bring you ‘Crackin Snares Vol 1′, This drum pack features 65 high quality professional snare samples each key labeled that are suitable for genres like Trap, Hip Hop, Dubstep, Drum n Bass, Breakbeat and many more.
- Deep House (Soundtrack Loops) – Soundtrack Loops proudly presents Deep House, a complete Dance music producer’s tool kit. There are 366 loops, 233 drum one shot samples, and four kits mapped out for virtual samplers Kontakt, Battery, NNXT, Sound Font, and EX24.
- Massive Deep House Music Soundpack (Trance Techno Soundbanks) – This is special soundbank created to give You sounds of various Deep House music generes, with use of Massive synth by Native Instruments. You will find here 81 Hi-quality presets done from various Deep House music styles.
- Smooth Nylon Loops Vol 1 (Vanilla Groove Studios) – Add some magic to your tracks with ‘Smooth Nylon Loops Vol 1′. This pack contains a collection of 86 loops, ranging from 85 to 140 BPM and arranged in 5 easy to use Construction Kits.
- White Noise FX (Premier Sound Bank) – After receiving many requests from our great fans here at Premier Sound Bank we decided to put together a pack full of White Noise Samples that can be easily integrated into your projects.
The sample packs are now available to download from Loopbased.
More information: Loopbased
iZotope has released version 1.01 of its BreakTweaker “future beat machine” for Windows and Mac.
Designed by BT and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is not just a drum machine: it’s a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that blurs the line between rhythm and melody.
Give your beats an ever-evolving depth that gets better the longer they play. Use rhythmic slicing to drive everything from pitched melodic lines to sweeping rhythmic overtures. Top it all off with the best drum sample library in existence, curated by BT, iZotope, and top producers today.
Changes in BreakTweaker v1.01
- Enhancement: Tab key now switches between Sequencer and Generator view.
- Enhancement: Preset Browser and Sample Browser have been increased in size for better user experience.
- Enhancement: Trackpad scrolling within the Preset Browser and Sample Browser is now faster.
- Enhancement: Modulation knob has been optimized for better CPU performance.
- Enhancement: Distortions have been optimized for better CPU performance.
- Fix: Addressed an issue with Sample & Hold mode in the LFO.
- Fix: Addressed an issue with AAX host timing.
- Fix: Addressed an issue where an LFO applied to a Wavetable or Pitch could cause a crash.
BreakTweaker is available to purchase for $249 USD.
More information: iZotope / BreakTweaker
Related: channel strip
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 25, 2014 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced that iZotope is offering a discount on its Alloy 2 mixing tools for a limited time.
Far more than just a traditional channel strip, Alloy 2 is a modern twist on classic mixing that neatly packages the mixing essentials in a self-contained and completely configurable plug-in that puts everything you need at your fingertips.
Alloy 2 features
- Get six powerful tools in one integrated plug-in: Equalizer, Dynamics, Exciter, De-Esser, Transient Shaper and Limiter.
- Achieve exceptional sound quality, balancing vintage emulation with digital precision.
- Hear results immediately with zero latency performance, whether you’re tracking in real-time or in the midst of a mix session.
- Visualize your mixing decisions with rich meter displays to guide the way.
- Start fast, then go deep with over 250 presets and a tweaker’s paradise of advanced controls.
Until 31st March, 2014, Alloy 2 is available to purchase for £84.95 GBP / 114 EUR (over 40% off RRP).
Existing Alloy users can upgrade to Alloy 2 for £36.95 GBP / 51.95 EUR, and existing users of other iZotope products can crossgrade for £65.95 GBP / 87.95 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / Alloy 2
VST Buzz has launched a limited time sale on Luftrum 10, offering a 30% discount on the soundset by Luftrum for iZotope’s IRIS.
Luftrum 10 is an incredible soundset for iZotope Iris inspired by the sounds of Mother Earth and pioneers from the early electronic music scene. It contains 64 presets including ambient pads, soundscapes, synths, sound effects, bass and keys.
The soundbank makes extensive use of samples from the Luftrum collection – samples of didgeridoo, the forest, rain, voices, airport, sound toys, clockworks, record dust, VA synths etc. and a handpicked selection of binaural recordings allowing you to make sound worlds collide in harmony. If you’ve got iZotope Iris, you need this soundset and if you don’t…then you need to buy iZotope Iris (its awesome!)
The soundset is available to purchase at VST Buzz for $16 USD until February 11th, 2014 (regular $23 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
Sony Creative Software has launched version 2.0 of its Sound Forge Pro audio editing software for Mac.
Generate flawless audio files with Sound Forge™ Pro Mac. New features include in-depth metering utilities, top-tier vocal processing, and the freestanding Convrt™ Batch Processing Automation Tool.
Seamless integration with SpectraLayers™ Pro 2 provides the finishing touch, delivering the ultimate in waveform and spectral editing program integration. Employ Sound Forge Pro Mac in your studio workstream and open smooth new pathways to audio excellence in OS X.
Changes in Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.0
- Convert Batch Processing Automation Tool. A freestanding utility for mass file format conversions, plug-in signal and effects processing treatments, and file metadata attachments including art. Convrt can handle repetitive chores in the background while recording and editing audio in the Sound Forge Pro Mac workspace.
- Interoperability with SpectraLayers Pro 2.1. Transfer audio data between Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro and experience the thrill of working freely across the world’s premiere waveform and spectral editing applications.
- iZotope Nectar Elements. The included Nectar Elements plug-in makes vocal treatment a snap. Get great results quickly by loading one of Nectar’s professionally designed Style presets and then customizing your sound by adjusting dedicated controls.
- Loudness Meters. Win the volume war with new metering options. EBU R128/CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering helps you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
- Event Mode Improvements. Convert regions to events, lock event markers, region markers, and envelope points to events, and automatically ripple successive events forward in time while editing.
- FLAC file format support. Generate files in this popular lossless format that features space-saving compression and comprehensive metadata-handling capabilities.
- Auto Trim/Crop tool. Automatically remove unnecessary silence in a sound file while fading the edges of program segments in and out with user-controlled fade lengths.
Sony has also updated its SpectraLayers Pro software application for audio spectrum editing to version 2.1.
The SpectraLayers Pro 2.1 update features seamless interoperability with Sound Forge Pro Mac 2, an efficient reverb removal process, an improved noise reduction algorithm, expanded noise removal process options, and user interface improvements that make this update a must have.
Take advantage of the power of SpectraLayers Pro and enjoy full integration with the entire Sound Forge Pro line on both Mac and PC platforms.
Sound Forge Pro 2 for Mac is available to purchase for $299.95 USD; SpectraLayers Pro costs $399.95 USD. Both are bundled in the Audio Master Suite for $499.95 USD.
More information: Sony Creative Software
iZotope has introduced BreakTweaker, its new “Future Beat Machine” instrument for Windows and Mac.
Make beats you’ve never heard before. Built on a futuristic MicroEdit Engine, BreakTweaker turns everything you know about rhythm on its head.
Designed by BT and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is not just a drum machine: it’s a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that blurs the line between rhythm and melody. Give your beats an ever-evolving depth that gets better the longer they play. Use rhythmic slicing to drive everything from pitched melodic lines to sweeping rhythmic overtures. Top it all off with the best drum sample library in existence, curated by BT, iZotope, and top producers today. Explore a new era of rhythmic possibilities with this forward-thinking and forward-sounding instrument.
- Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market.
- Free yourself from traditional drum grids: Create complex polyrhythmic beats with unique isorhythm and playback speed settings.
- Experiment with stunning content: Explore presets, drum samples, and wavetables designed by today’s top musicians and DJs, including BT.
- Craft the perfect drum sound: Blend drum samples with robust synthesis features to generate compelling hybrid sounds.
- Take control of your beats: Easily trigger and sequence complex patterns and samples using any MIDI controller.
BreakTweaker for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD (regular $249 USD). BreakTweaker Expanded includes three diverse Expansions: Cinematic Textures, Vintage Machines, and Kicks & Snares by Beatport Sounds, and can be purchase for the intro price of $249 USD (regular $299 USD).
More information: iZotope / BreakTweaker