iZotope has introduced BreakTweaker, its new “Future Beat Machine” instrument for Windows and Mac.
Make beats you’ve never heard before. Built on a futuristic MicroEdit Engine, BreakTweaker turns everything you know about rhythm on its head.
Designed by BT and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is not just a drum machine: it’s a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that blurs the line between rhythm and melody. Give your beats an ever-evolving depth that gets better the longer they play. Use rhythmic slicing to drive everything from pitched melodic lines to sweeping rhythmic overtures. Top it all off with the best drum sample library in existence, curated by BT, iZotope, and top producers today. Explore a new era of rhythmic possibilities with this forward-thinking and forward-sounding instrument.
- Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market.
- Free yourself from traditional drum grids: Create complex polyrhythmic beats with unique isorhythm and playback speed settings.
- Experiment with stunning content: Explore presets, drum samples, and wavetables designed by today’s top musicians and DJs, including BT.
- Craft the perfect drum sound: Blend drum samples with robust synthesis features to generate compelling hybrid sounds.
- Take control of your beats: Easily trigger and sequence complex patterns and samples using any MIDI controller.
BreakTweaker for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD (regular $249 USD). BreakTweaker Expanded includes three diverse Expansions: Cinematic Textures, Vintage Machines, and Kicks & Snares by Beatport Sounds, and can be purchase for the intro price of $249 USD (regular $299 USD).
More information: iZotope / BreakTweaker
Time+Space has announced a limited time promotion on Ozone 5 Advanced, the mastering system by iZotope.
Take your mastering to the next level with iZotope Ozone 5 January deals.
Whether you´re looking to upgrade from an older version of Ozone or are completely new to iZotope´s critically acclaimed mastering suite, there´s a special deal for you with lower pricing on Ozone 5 Advanced and Upgrades throughout January at Time+Space.
The process of mastering ranges from correcting mistakes made in the mix to preparing a recording for target listening environments. Like a final coat of polish, mastering makes the difference between a good-sounding mix and a professional-sounding master.
Ozone 5, with its eight essential mastering tools – Maximizer, Equalizer, Dynamics, Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering – makes it easier than ever for anyone to master their audio simply and efficiently.
Ozone 5 Advanced is now available to purchase for £499 GBP / 551 EUR (30% off). Various upgrade offers for Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced are also available.
The promotion ends January 31st, 2014.
More information: Time+Space / Ozone 5 Advanced Sale
, instrument plugins
, Sonoma Wire Works
Posted in news
on Dec 24, 2013 - 0 comments
Sonoma Wire Works has announced that its upcoming DrumCore 4 virtual drum instrument is now available to pre-order.
DrumCore 4 Lite, DrumCore 4 and DrumCore 4 Ultra are now available for pre-order. Order now and get $30 – $99 in bonus content packs!
Currently in development, DrumCore 4 is an AAX/AU/VST plug-in instrument with royalty-free 24-bit audio loops, MIDI loops, and multi velocity sampled drum kits.
A preview of DrumCore 4 was unveiled at Sonoma’s booth during the Taxi songwriter convention. Many features requested by users will be in DrumCore 4, which is expected around mid February 2014.
New DrumCore 4 features (subject to change)
- 64-bit compatible AAX/AU/VST.
- Expanded content, more kits, and additional genres.
- Rhythmic similarity engine powered by iZotope.
- MasterFX with spectrum analyzer.
- Mixer view with insert effects (Compressor, EQ, Delay, and Bitcrush).
- Online store for easily finding and purchasing content directly in the plugin.
- Search bar and loop bookmarking.
- Song timeline for assembling loops.
- And much more!
DrumCore 4 pre-orders and upgrade offers are available for a limited time only.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / DrumCore 4
iZotope has released version 5.05b of Ozone and Ozone Advanced, the mastering tools for Windows and Mac.
iZotope’s complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools: Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds seven additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and a comprehensive suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone v5.05b
- Fixed intermittent crash in Pro Tools 11 on Windows 64-bit systems.
- Fixed crash on Windows related to Fonts.
- Fixed unresponsive Authorization Wizard when opening Pro Tools 11 sessions that include a demo of Ozone or Insight.
- Fixed a 64 bit AAX bug where some list items wouldn’t stay selected. For example, if trying to select IRC II in the Maximizer, the selection would skip back to IRC I.
Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced are available to purchase for $249 and $999 USD respectively.
More information: iZotope / Ozone
iZotope has announced a Holiday pricing on its bundles.
If you’re eager to improve your studio tools or itching to get more creative, now’s the perfect time to take advantage of iZotope’s multi-product bundles, with extra-special holiday pricing through December 31st.
- Creative Bundle $499 USD – Celebrate great savings by getting Stutter Edit, Iris+7, Trash 2 and two Trash Expansions all at once. Ideal for inspiring new directions in music and sound design (and for creative destruction of the end result), the Creative Bundle will revolutionize your sound, again and again and again.
- Mix & Master Bundle $349 USD – Polish your sound with iZotope’s Mix & Master Bundle. Includes Alloy 2 and Ozone 5.
- Studio Bundle $399 USD – Polish your sound and sweeten your vocals with the Studio Bundle. Includes Alloy 2, Ozone 5 and Nectar 2.
- Studio & Repair Bundle $549 USD – Arm your studio for success with iZotope’s Studio & Repair Bundle. Includes Alloy 2, Ozone 5, Nectar 2 and RX 3.
- Studio & Repair Bundle with RX 3 Advanced $999 USD – Get advanced repair tools with the Advanced Studio & Repair Bundle. Includes Alloy 2, Ozone 5, Nectar 2 and RX 3 Advanced.
Offers valid through December 31st, 2013.
More information: iZotope / iZotope Bundles
, patches and sound banks
Posted in news
on Dec 02, 2013 - 0 comments
Luftrum has announced a December Sale, offering a 50% off discount on all soundsets.
Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!
My present to you is a whooping 50% Luftrum discount in December. Just enter the discount code in the discount field at checkout. The code is valid for all soundsets sold on luftrum.com where you can find presets for iZotope Iris, Diva, Roland GAIA, Animoog, Glass Viper + Propellerhead Thor and Reason Ambient ReFills.
Where is the code? Well, it’s written somewhere on luftrum.com and there’s not so many pages so you’ll find it quick (that’s within 10-15 seconds).
The sale ends December 31st, 2013.
More information: Luftrum
Time+Space has its Black Friday Sale, offering discounts on a host of virtual instrument, effect plug-ins and samples deals from top manufacturers.
Toontrack, iZotope, Soundiron, Heavyocity, Impact Soundworks and more all feature amongst the line-up with savings of up to 70%!
- 50% off iZotope Alloy Mixing Tools
- 70% off Toontrack EZkeys Upright Piano
- Up to 30% off Heavyocity’s AEON line
- Over 70% off huge Impact Soundworks Reason Refill Bundle
- iZotope T-Pain Production Page – now only £19
and many more!
The promotions end December 2nd/9th, 2013.
More information: Time+Space / Black Friday Sale
Serato has released version 1.5.2 of its Serato DJ software.
This latest update for Serato DJ includes brand new FX powered by iZotope for Serato’s new FX Expansion Packs. Scrollable FX drop-down menus, support for the Vestax VCI-100 MKII, Numark MixDeck Quad and the brand new Pioneer DDJ-SB Serato DJ Intro controllers.
Changes in Serato v1.5.2
- Added Hardware Support
- Vestax VCI-100 mk II.
- Numark MixDeck Quad.
- Pioneer DDJ-SB.
- New Software Features
- New Chip Pack DJ FX Expansion Pack.
- Added scrollable FX drop down menus.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed Novation Dicer showing unpredictable behavior.
- Fixed strip search on Numark NS7 always jumping to the beginning of a track.
- Fixed DDJ-SP1 so it can not enter Slicer Modes 1 & 2 when in ABS Mode.
- Fixed the platter resolution on the Vestax VCI-300.
- Fixed Novation Twitch pitch adjustment being latching when loading a new track.
- Fixed Novation Twitch effect depth on left hand deck sometimes not working .
- Fixed lighting on the Numark NS6 jog wheel.
- Fixed DDJ-WeGo Deck D platter controlling Deck A on the DDJ-WeGo.
- Fixed non adjustable upfader curve on the MixDeckQuad.
- Fixed Performance Pads 7 and 8 not turning off in sampler mode on the VCI-380.
- Fixed FX LEDs in Single Mode on Twitch.
- Fixed FX Scroll on Numark Mixdeck Pro.
- Fixed NS6 gets stuck in Beat Grid Slip Mode.
- Fixed VCI-380 Double track load.
- Fixed MC2000 gets stuck in Fast FWD/RWD mode when Shift is released first.
- Fixed brightness levels for Novation dicer in auto loop mode and inactive loops.
- Fixed wrong colour for cue button on the Novation Twitch.
- Other Changes
- Simple Upfader Start on the NS7 and NS7MKII: holding shift and using the upfader performs upfader start.
Serato DJ for Windows is available to purchase for $129 USD. The Chip Pack costs $19 USD.
More information: Serato