Serato has released version 1.5.2 of its Serato DJ software.
This latest update for Serato DJ includes brand new FX powered by iZotope for Serato’s new FX Expansion Packs. Scrollable FX drop-down menus, support for the Vestax VCI-100 MKII, Numark MixDeck Quad and the brand new Pioneer DDJ-SB Serato DJ Intro controllers.
Changes in Serato v1.5.2
- Added Hardware Support
- Vestax VCI-100 mk II.
- Numark MixDeck Quad.
- Pioneer DDJ-SB.
- New Software Features
- New Chip Pack DJ FX Expansion Pack.
- Added scrollable FX drop down menus.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed Novation Dicer showing unpredictable behavior.
- Fixed strip search on Numark NS7 always jumping to the beginning of a track.
- Fixed DDJ-SP1 so it can not enter Slicer Modes 1 & 2 when in ABS Mode.
- Fixed the platter resolution on the Vestax VCI-300.
- Fixed Novation Twitch pitch adjustment being latching when loading a new track.
- Fixed Novation Twitch effect depth on left hand deck sometimes not working .
- Fixed lighting on the Numark NS6 jog wheel.
- Fixed DDJ-WeGo Deck D platter controlling Deck A on the DDJ-WeGo.
- Fixed non adjustable upfader curve on the MixDeckQuad.
- Fixed Performance Pads 7 and 8 not turning off in sampler mode on the VCI-380.
- Fixed FX LEDs in Single Mode on Twitch.
- Fixed FX Scroll on Numark Mixdeck Pro.
- Fixed NS6 gets stuck in Beat Grid Slip Mode.
- Fixed VCI-380 Double track load.
- Fixed MC2000 gets stuck in Fast FWD/RWD mode when Shift is released first.
- Fixed brightness levels for Novation dicer in auto loop mode and inactive loops.
- Fixed wrong colour for cue button on the Novation Twitch.
- Other Changes
- Simple Upfader Start on the NS7 and NS7MKII: holding shift and using the upfader performs upfader start.
Serato DJ for Windows is available to purchase for $129 USD. The Chip Pack costs $19 USD.
More information: Serato
Sonoma Wire Works has announced DrumCore 4, a virtual drum instrument with royalty-free 24-bit audio loops, MIDI loops, and multi velocity sampled drum kits.
Currently in development, a preview of DrumCore 4 was unveiled at Sonoma’s booth during the Taxi songwriter convention. Many user requested features will be in DrumCore 4, which is expected around mid February 2014.
Changes in DrumCore 4 (subject to change)
- 64-bit compatible AAX/AU/VST.
- Expanded content, more kits, and additional genres.
- Rhythmic similarity engine powered by iZotope MasterFX with spectrum analyzer.
- Mixer view with insert effects (Compressor, EQ, Delay, and Bitcrush).
- Online store for easily finding and purchasing content directly in the plugin.
- Search bar and loop bookmarking.
- Song timeline for assembling loops.
- And much more!
DrumCore 3 is currently $50 off the MSRP of $249 USD and includes a free upgrade to DrumCore 4 upon launch, plus an additional free DrummerPack. Existing DrumCore 3 users can pre-order the upgrade through January 1, 2014, priced at $99 USD (also includes free DrummerPack).
More information: Sonoma Wire Works
, patches and sound banks
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2013 - 0 comments
iZotope has announced that the Iris Synths sound library is available to download at no cost.
Deep within the four gigabytes of the Iris Sound Library, there lies a treasure trove of samples from vintage and extremely rare synths.
Lovingly recorded by our friends at GForce software, these samples include the sounds of legendary favorites like the ARP 2500, EMS VCS3, the Korg PS3100, the Yamaha CS-80, and the Logan String Melody. Our Synths sound library brings these beloved synths into the spotlight, mixing and matching their harmonics to create a broad array of “hybrid” instruments that reimagine your synth possibilities.
The result? Highly musical synth patches for Iris that are ready to roll into your next song…for free!
iZotope has also announced the Iris Cookbook, a free digital book featuring different recipes designed to help you explore some of the musical possibilities Iris has to offer, from spectral selections to special effects.
Want to create that iconic Phat Bass sound? Achieve the perfect Classic Wobble?
This cookbook will help you add flavor to your Drum, Bass, Guitar tracks and even more using Iris.
Download the free Iris Cookbook and the follow-along Iris Cookbook presets.
More information: iZotope / Iris
, Groove 3
, Rob Papen
, The Unfinished
Posted in news
on Nov 11, 2013 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced Festive Deals, a collection of limited time promotions from some of its partners.
Time+Space are kick starting the festive spirit with a range of bundles, deals and discounts across many top brands including Spectrasonics, Toontrack, Rob Papen, Synthogy, iZotope, Garritan and more.
Whatever style of music you make, there’s a deal to suit you – from free iLoks and gift vouchers to discounted bundles and books.
Festive Deals at Time+Space
- Buy Spectrasonics Omnisphere and you’ll get The Unfinished Horizon Bundle and Groove 3 tutorial worth £74.95 for free!
- Get to grips with synthesis with the Rob Papen Blue and Secrets of Subtractive Synthesis Bundle – only £89!
- Save 20% off all Garritan Instruments including the Ultimate Collection
- EZkeys Grand Piano plus MIDI pack of your choice and Groove 3 tutorial all for just £111.00
More information: Time+Space / Festive Deals
Time+Space has announced a limited time offer on Iris, the sample-based synthesizer by iZotope.
Fuel your creativity with a fresh spin on sound design now with up to 35% off Iris titles throughout November!
Iris is ideal if you´re seeking a completely new take on sampling and synthesis, particularly for sound designers and composers working on music and sound for ﬁlm, television and video games.
With over 500 intensely creative patches available for immediate use, Iris is also perfect for any musician dreaming of diverse and compelling new sounds.
Iris deals at Time+Space
- 25% off Iris sample-based synthesizer, now £119 GBP.
- 35% off Iris+7 bundle (Iris plus 7 dedicated Iris sound libraries), now £159 GBP.
- 40% off Altered and Modular expansion libraries, now £22.95 GBP each.
The sale ends November 30th, 2013.
More information: Time+Space
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 18, 2013 - 1 comment
iZotope has announced the release of Nectar 2, a collection of intelligent production tools designed specifically for voice.
Flawless vocal production is just a click away. From quick corrections to limitless creativity, Nectar 2 treats your voice to sweet results.
Bring a vocal track to life with the only complete set of tools designed specifically for voice. Add impact with modeled plate reverb, harmonic saturation, and a wealth of creative effects. Stay in tune and remove distracting breaths without tedious, time-consuming editing. Instantly transform a single vocal take into a dynamic, harmonized ensemble. Whether you’re tracking or you’re mixing, Nectar 2 delivers professional vocals in an instant.
Nectar 2 features
- Explore 11 powerful tools in one plug-in: Harmony, Plate Reverb, FX, Pitch, Delay, De-Esser, Saturation, Compressors, Gate, EQ, and Limiter.
- Get smooth, pitch-perfect takes quickly with dedicated Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins in the Nectar 2 Production Suite.
- Finesse your sound with surgical detail using powerful advanced controls.
- Improve vocal production at all stages, from tracking through mixing.
- Rapidly audition different vocal sounds with 150+ presets, in a variety of genres from classic to modern.
Nectar 2 is available to purchase for the introductory price of $179 USD (Standard) / $219 USD (Production Suite) until October 30th, 2013 (regular $229 / $299 USD respectively).
More information: iZotope / Nectar 2
macProVideo has launched a tutorial video on iZotope’s Nectar 2 Vocal Production Toolbox, a course by Matthew Loel T. Hepworth.
Produce stunning sounding vocals, VOs and special FX with iZotope’s powerful Nectar 2 plugin. This 44-tutorial course – designed by Matt Hepworth – is filled with tons of tips and tricks that’ll take your vocal tracks to the next level!
When you combine iZotope’s Nectar 2 with Matt Hepworth’s immense audio knowledge, what comes out the other side is some really enlightening training tutorials! Matt takes you through every aspect of this amazing voice/vocal plugin explaining, all along the way, how to operate and deploy Nectar’s vast set of audio features.
This course – with its plentiful audio examples – dissects all of Nectar’s different modules one-by-one, offering the kind of in-depth exploration that you just can’t get anywhere else. You’ll learn about the Nectar 2 GUI, Pitch, Gate, Harmony, Saturation, EQ, Compressors, De-Esser, Limiter, FX, Delay, Reverb, Breath Control, and Pitch Editor.
If you’re producing VOs, podcasts, vocal tracks or even T-Pain kinds of special FX, this course teaches you everything you need to know! So dive into Nectar 2: Vocal Production Toolbox and get your voice/vocal tracks sounding the best that they can be!
The video course is now available to macProVideo members.
More information: macProVideo / Nectar 2 tutorial course