, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 19, 2013 - 0 comments
iZotope has announced Nectar 2, the next version of its award-winning vocal processing technology.
Coming in October 2013, Nectar 2 will bring the best of digital innovation and analog character into a complete set of tools specifically for voice.
“We were excited to revisit what made Nectar so ideal as a vocal processing plug-in,” says Brett Bunting, Product Manager for iZotope Inc. “We’ve spent a lot of development time incorporating new ideas designed with our users in mind. Nectar 2 users won’t believe how quickly they’ll be able to recreate classic vocal sounds or invent brand new ones.”
With Nectar 2, add character to tracks with modeled plate reverb, harmonic saturation, and new creative effects. Stay in tune, remove distracting breaths without the need for audio editing, transform a single vocal take into a harmonized ensemble, and much more.
Nectar 2 features
- Add harmonies to vocal tracks with the new Harmonizer. Play with intelligent automatic settings or define your own with a MIDI controller.
- Add space and character to vocals with the EMT 140-modeled Plate Reverb module, featuring a unique saturation control to emulate the original plate’s preamp.
- Finesse vocal takes quickly with the new Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins.
- Explore seven new creative effects in the new FX module.
- Dive in with a streamlined Overview panel for simple adjustments and added metering for visual feedback.
- Choose from 150+ new presets in styles that range from classic to modern.
Customers who purchased Nectar after August 1, 2013 will receive a free upgrade to Nectar 2 upon release. Special upgrade pricing will be available for all previous Nectar and Nectar Elements customers upon release.
More information: iZotope / Nectar 2
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 12, 2013 - 1 comment
iZotope has announced the release of its RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced complete audio repair suite.
Rescue your audio from the cutting room floor! With remedies for noise, clipping, hum, buzz, crackles, and more, RX 3 is the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market. Used everywhere from Hollywood post production studios to leading sound editing facilities, iZotope RX™ 3 transforms troubled recordings into professional-grade material.
RX 3 Advanced extends the standard version of RX 3 with new, specialized features designed for audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering. Remove unwanted reverb, sculpt and define dialogue in real time, and much more.
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are available to purchase for the introductory price of $249 USD and $749 USD respectively, trough September 27th. Registered users of RX 1 or RX 2 can upgrade to RX 3 for a special discount.
More information: iZotope / RX 3
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Aug 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Serato has announced version 1.3 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ is our best feature set for all-in-one controllers. It delivers performance to meet the demands of DJs at the top of their game and sets a new standard for controller DJs.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.3
- Serato DJ FX Expansion Packs containing new FX powered by iZotope: The Wolf Pack, available as a free download, and the Back Pack, available to purchase for USD19.
The Wolf Pack contains Epic Verb, Bit Crush, Tremolo, Repeater, Braker and Brake Echo, and the Back Pack contains Tape Echo, Looper, Time Stretch, Spiral Echo and Envelope Filter. Both packs contain a large number of Multi FX presets.
- Favorite FX allows you to customize the effects select drop down menus that appear in Serato DJ, showing the FX you choose as your favorites.
- Slip Mode for all supported Serato DJ controllers. When Slip Mode is activated you can manipulate the audio as normal (e.g scratching, Looping, triggering Cue Points etc), however once you have finished, the playback position is returned to where it would be if you had not manipulated the audio. Slip Mode can also be MIDI mapped to a secondary MIDI controller if your hardware doesn’t have a dedicated Slip Mode button.
- Novation TWITCH, Vestax VCI-300 & VFX-1 Support.
- Numark NS7 MKII Support.
- Fixed Tap tempo lighting on Pioneer DDJ-SX.
- Fixed the crossfader curve options being swapped in the Setup screen.
- Changed vinyl button lighting on Vestax VCI-400 to make it more clear that you are in slip mode.
- Numark MixDeck and MixDeck Express now show correct BPM when a deck is in Sync.
- Fixed Play from First Cue Point Setup screen option stability.
- Fixed platter scratching on NS7 with motor off and track paused.
- Fixed needle-search on VCI-380.
- Fixed a bug where Play from First Cue Point option was broken if track configured with first cue point.
- Fixed Beatgrid Slip not working with motor off on NS7
- Start/Stop time on NS7 is now remembered in software with motor off.
- Fixed Slip/Shift mode platter interaction.
- Fixed a bug where Shift + Beatgrid Adjust sometimes moved playhead when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed deck showing incorrect pitch sometimes after switching layers
- MIDI mapping of the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >) unfortunately has been broken and users will need to remap them.
The Serato DJ v1.3 update is now available to download.
More information: Serato / Serato DJ
iZotope has announced RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced, a new version of the audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
With the new RX 3, iZotope brings you the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market.
With cutting-edge tools like Dereverb and a real-time Dialogue Denoiser, plus enhanced workflows and a redesigned UI, RX 3 rescues troubled audio with unprecedented power and precision.
RX 3 features
- Work up to six times faster thanks to under-the-hood processing enhancements and a redesigned user interface.
- Remove or reduce reverb from vocals, instruments and more using the revolutionary Dereverb module in RX 3 Advanced.
- Clean up dialogue on the fly with RX 3 Advanced’s all-new Dialogue Denoiser—the new audio standard for real-time dialogue treatment.
- Use both your eyes and your ears to identify and fix problems within a spectral audio editor.
- Never lose an edit again with the unlimited Undo history, saved automatically with audio data into the new RX document format.
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are scheduled for release in September, 2013.
More information: iZotope / RX 3
Time+Space has announced August Extras, offering free products with a purchase of selected plugins and instruments.
Throughout August, Time+Space are giving customers one or two extras completely free with selected virtual instrument and effects plugin purchases.
From Groove 3 tutorials to free downloadable expansion packs, now’s a great time to expand your virtual studio and buy that longed for instrument or plugin.
Buy Spectrasonics Omnisphere and you’ll automatically receive the Groove 3 Omnisphere tutorial video plus Ilio´s EDM Fire expansion pack for free!
Been meaning to dive into the world of Toontrack EZkeys? Buy Grand Piano, Upright Piano, Classic Electrics, Retro Electrics or Essential Pianos and not only will you get a free download of Groove 3′s EZkeys tutorial video you’ll also receive a code to download an EZkeys MIDI pack of your choice worth £19.95!
Plus, buy any of the following titles and you’ll get the related Groove 3 video tutorial for free…
- Spectrasonics Trilian
- Toontrack Superior Drummer
- Garritan Instant Orchestra
- Garritan Personal Orchestra 4
- Rob Papen Predator
- iZotope Iris
- iZotope Nectar
- iZotope Ozone 5
- iZotope Alloy 2
- iZotope RX2
- iZotope Insight
- iZotope Trash 2
- iZotope Stutter Edit
And finally, the Time+Space Loyalty scheme means you’ll receive an extra discount off your next purchase when you spend over £100.
The promotion ends August 31st, 2013.
More information: Time+Space / August Extras
Sony Creative Software has announced upgrades for its Sound Forge Pro and SpectraLayers Pro audio editing software.
Sound Forge Pro is the application of choice for a generation of editors, comprising a solid platform with an array of options that have enjoyed a continuous evolution since the birth of audio recording on the PC. The new edition introduces more efficient recording and processing workflows and new signal and effects processing plug-ins for crafting broadcast-ready audio masters. Upgrading the revolutionary editing application, SpectraLayers Pro 2 stands at the forefront of the audio spectrum editing movement. Working with audio in the spectral realm is now even quicker and easier, with a faster processing engine and a host of new tools, methodologies and user interface improvements.
While Sound Forge Pro 11 and SpectraLayers Pro 2 are standalone applications, both are now configured to work seamlessly with each other, providing a comprehensive editing environment that combines deep waveform and spectrum editing capabilities.
“Sound Forge Pro 11 and SpectraLayers Pro 2 have arrived together in the form of a perfect pair, unified with systems for easy audio data transfer capabilities, resulting in a truly integrated solution for working freely across the waveform and spectral paradigms,” said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. “Sound Forge Pro users can now enjoy a very straightforward punch-and-roll recording process, as well as a host of new plug-ins that can be accessed and controlled directly in the workspace. Our legion of SpectraLayers Pro users will enjoy the new performance gains we’ve put under the hood while inventing fresh ways to implement the new sound shaping features on board.”
Changes in Sound Forge Pro 11
- One-Touch Recording: Sound Forge Pro 11 features a completely redesigned recording interface that keeps you anchored in the workspace at all times while you shape and monitor incoming audio, arm and record takes, review work, and prepare for the next pass.
- CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering: New metering features help you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
- New Plug-in Chain Interface: Direct workspace access to every element of the plug-in processing environment.
- Includes iZotope® Nectar® Elements plug-in (a $129 value): High end voice processing plug-in with style presets in genres like rock, pop, folk, soul, and voiceover & dialogue.
- New Restore and Repair Tools by iZotope: New in this edition: Declipper, Denoiser, Declicker.
- New Waveform Display Options: More than just a simple strip that displays your exact location, this feature also serves as an excellent navigation and auditioning tool.
- Input Bus Effects: Set the mood for your talent by sweetening your source signal with plug-in effects.
- Broadcast Wave File Format Enhancements: Supports BEXT BWF version 2.0, iXML, and includes autofill and verification options as well as automatic repair of BWF data.
Changes in SpectraLayers Pro 2
- Significantly Enhanced Performance: Enjoy faster spectral graph explorations in any scenario.
- Spectral Casting / Molding: Cast the frequency signature of one layer over that of another to derive a derivative layer that can be phase-inverted to create free spectral space for hard-to-distinguish sounds to occupy in a mix. Try a spectral alternative to typical side-chain/ducking processes, or tap this feature’s creative potential for incredible sound design possibilities.
- Shape Tool: Perfect for extracting drum sounds, simply point at a shape on the spectral graph and click to pull your hits over to a target layer.
- Frequency Range Display Options: Display frequency ranges plotted on your choice of logarithmic scales.
- One-Click Noise Extraction: A new one-click command executes your custom noiseprint over the target layer’s entire spectral expanse.
- Looping: Define a time range and engage looped playback to audition full-spectrum selections as well as frequency bandwidth-limited selections.
- New Resampling and Remixing Options: Freely define, route, and mix channels during the resampling process.
- Retina Ready: Peer deeper into the spectral graph while taking advantage of your Retina display equipped MacBook Pro.
Sound Forge Pro 11 for Windows costs MSRP $499.95 USD, SpectraLayers Pro 2 for Windows and Mac is MSRP $399.95 USD. Both are bundled in the Audio Master Suite package for MSRP $849.95 USD.
More information: Sony Creative Software
, effect plugins
, Groove 3
Posted in news
on Jul 02, 2013 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced that the Stutter Edit effect plug-in by iZotope is available at a 40% discount for a limited time.
“There’s nothing like Stutter Edit – no other plug-ins have successfully combined buffer chopping, live performance, remixing, and “studio thinking” to this extent.” – Keyboard Magazine
Designed by top producer BT and developed by iZotope, Stutter Edit is an innovative tool for both studio and stage that delivers cutting edge audio slicing and manipulation.
Tear up your tracks in real time, building thrilling fills, complex effects, shimmering sweeps, and staggering stutters that will leave your listeners screaming for more. They’ll think you spent hours slaving over the slices… but all it took was a press of a key.
How does it work?
Stutter Edit´s features revolve around an innovative engine that continuously samples live audio, storing that audio in a buffer that can be manipulated in a myriad of ways. Click the link below to find out more!
Who’s already using it?
Imogen Heap and Friendly Fires are among Stutter Edit’s list of famous fans plus Hospital Record’s CEO London Elektricity who describes the plugin as “A fantastic toy. Toy in a good way! Very creative and fun. You can mess up anything in a very intuitive and musical way. The only way to understand it is to get it!”
Wise words from the formidable DnB figure and throughout July you can get it for 40% less!
Stutter Edit is available from Time+Space for RRP £109 GBP/129 EUR until July 31st, 2013. A purchase also includes a code to download Groove 3´s Stutter Edit video tutorial at no cost.
More information: Time+Space / Stutter Edit