The Producers Choice has released Boom Bap Legends, a collection of 120 original, hand crafted boom bap one shot drum samples, and 50 rare hip hop drum breaks.
Our sound designers painstakingly mimicked the EXACT drum sounds used by J Dilla, DJ Premier & Pete Rock.
The ‘Boom Bap Legends’ drum kit is the ‘go to’ drum library for Boom Bap drum samples. The kit captures the signature styled drums used by J Dilla, DJ Premier & Pete Rock by using the same filtering techniques, creative EQ & compression, and drum machines as the legendary producers.
Boom Bap Legends features
- 120 PREMIUM Handcrafted Samples – 30 Kicks, 30 Snares, 30 Hats (Open & Closed), 30 Percs & Other Sounds.
- 50 RARE VINTAGE drum breaks – sampled direct from vinyl and chopped for easy loopability!
- .WAV Format – will work in FL Studio, Logic, Ableton, Reason, Cubase and many more softwares & samplers!
The sample pack costs $34 USD.
More information: The Producers Choice / Boom Bap Legends
Native Instruments has announced the release of Conant Gardens, a new MASCHINE Expansion that reflects the soulful side of Detroit – covering hip-hop, funk, afrobeat and deep house.
The Kits in CONANT GARDENS are something really special, mixing one-shot drums and long sampled phrases set to ADSR mode. This recalls classic sample techniques, saves you hours of crate digging, and also provides an intuitive way to play the phrases.
Named after the district of Detroit renowned as the birthplace of many African American musicians and artists, this expansion explores the distinctive sound of the neighborhood through tailored drum sounds, percussion and sampled phrases.
CONANT GARDENS was created by Amp Fiddler – former Parliament/Funkadelic keyboardist and long-time mentor to J Dilla. As a producer, the late J Dilla is credited with defining modern underground hip-hop. Dilla’s smoky, soulful and sample-heavy sound is recreated by this MASCHINE Expansion, and further enriched by Amp’s access to Dilla’s extensive library.
The 45 kits in CONANT GARDENS mix one-shot drums and long-sample basslines, clavinet riffs, guitar and Rhodes piano phrases. Set to ADSR mode, classic sample techniques are emulated, while providing an intuitive way to play the phrases. Amp Fiddler’s riffs and melodies, recorded on his own pristine collection of vintage and modern gear, are provided in their raw forms as additional Melodic Kits.
For instant use with MASCHINE or MASCHINE MIKRO, a number of pre-programmed patterns are provided that span Detroit’s rich and varied musical landscape. Driving bass and drum rhythms from respected Detroit artists Black Milk and DJ Dez complement Amp’s layered, melodic approach.
A compact version of CONANT GARDENS is also available for iMASCHINE – the groove sketchpad for iPhone® / iPod touch®.
Conant Gardens is available to purchase for $59 USD / 49 EUR. A percentage of each purchase will be donated to the J Dilla Foundation. The iMASCHINE version is available at the in-app store for $0.99 USD / 0.79 EUR.
More information: Native Instruments / Conant Gardens
, drum machine
, J Dilla
, Kev Brown
, Producers Choice
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on May 14, 2012
The Producers Choice has released the Boom Bap Phonetics, a drum sample pack inspired by the sounds of J Dilla and Kev Brown.
Our sound designers painstakingly mimicked the EXACT drum sounds used by J Dilla, Kev Brown & Mad Lib.
The Boom Bap Phonetics drum kit is the ‘go to’ drum library for Boom Bap drum samples. The kit captures J Dilla’s signature styled drums by using the same filtering techniques, creative EQ & compression, and drum machines as the legendary producer.
Boom Bap Phonetics features
- Over 170 drum samples, crafted using the following equipment: Akai MPC3000, SP-303 Sampler, P-505 Sampler, Technics Turntables w/ Dirty Vinyl Drums.
- MPC READY – pgm files included so you can load into your unit fast and easily.
- Each sound was recorded from vinyl record and split tested through different chains to get the perfect boom bap sound.
The sample pack is available to purchase for $29 USD.
More information: The Producers Choice / Boom Bap Phonetics
Samplecraze has released two new sample libraries: Downbeat Electronica and Deconstructed Rhythm.
Downbeat Electronica – Downbeat and Lounge Music Samples
Fast off the pace of the Ambient Construction Series comes Downbeat Electronica – Downbeat and Lounge Music Samples, a sample pack devoted to the euphoric yet brooding Downbeat and Trip Hop genres.
If you are into the eclectic chillout vibe and have been after construction sets that allow you to mix each and every part to create your own productions then this pack will fit your needs.
Downbeat Electronica features
- 10 individual ‘songs’/construction sets, broken down into individual WAV files allowing you to mix and match styles, key signatures, BPMs and all musical parts.
- The samples provided are not chopped or sliced. They have been written and played individually. This allows for easier and better compositional building blocks.
- Each drum beat is supplied as a clean 4-8 bar drum loop and in some cases with additional percussion fills and layers. The pads and synths are provided with ample headroom to allow for further processing, but are also strong in level so as to diminish the noise floor. All keyboards, hooks, synths etc have been written ground up which will allow you to infuse fresh ideas into your compositions.
Deconstructed Rhythm – Drum Samples Inspired By J Dilla
The late, great J Dilla was one of the greatest Hip Hop producers of all time. Inspiring musicians from cross Hip Hop genres to rething and apply their techniques.
Deconstructed Rhythm features
- 336 individual drum samples split into category specific elements: kicks, snares, hi hats and percussion. These samples have been run through some of the most notable vintage dynamics and burnt to and resampled from vinyl to provide the edge and grit associated with this specific genre and style.
- 160 drum samples organised into drum kits in SoundFont format. This allows the user to load or import the drum kits into any SF2 reader/player and most of today’s soft samplers will cater for that format.
Downbeat Electronica is available for purchase for $23.99 USD, while Deconstructed Rhythm is priced at $39.99 USD.
More information: Samplecraze
MPC-Samples has released Deconstructed Rhythm, a collection of 496 hip hop drum samples inspired by the drums of J Dilla.
J Dilla was one of the greatest hip hop producers of all time, a brilliant mind who inspired a generation of beat junkies. ‘Deconstructed Rhythm’ is our tribute to the drum sound and style of Dilla, featuring 496 original drum samples split over an extensive drum library and 20 ready-made MPC drum kits.
Deconstructed Rhythm features
- Samples: 496 samples. Drum Library: 96 kick, 96 snare, 96 hat and 48 percussion samples. Drum Kits: 20 kits each with 8 samples per kit (20 x kicks, snares, closed hat + open hat, crash, ride, claps, shaker)
- Format: Contains either SND or WAV versions of all sounds (16 bit) + PGMs for loading into all MPCs
- Compatibility: MPC1000, MPC2500, MPC500, MPC5000, MPC2000XL, MPC2000, MPC4000, MPC60 (OS3.1), MPC3000 (OS3.11) Will this work with my sampler?
- Download Size: 32MB
Deconstructed Rhythm is available as a direct download for 29.99 EUR.
More information: MPC-Samples