Fabrizio Poce has released version 2.0 of J74 Progressive, a Max for Live tool set for chord progression making and harmonic editing.
The new version provides new functionality for chord progression editing, MIDI clip editing (humanize velocity and timing) and for detecting musical information in audio material (notes, chords, scales).
Changes in Progressive v2.0
- Techniques for borrowed chords and accidentals.
- Additional control for chord inversion.
- Additional control to arpeggio settings (note can be omitted).
- Swing, groove and velocity dynamics.
- A new device, the “Audio Analyzer”, which processes audio input in real time visualizing notes and extracting chord and scale information.
Progressive is available for purchase for $12 USD.
More information: J74 / Progressive
J74 has announced StepLocker, a new Max for Live sequencing and modulation device.
StepLocker is based on the concept of parameter locking, whereby parameter settings can be associated (locked) to sequencer steps.
Besides the concept of it, one of the things I really tried to get right on this is the workflow. So in StepLocker parameter locking is very simple: Choose one or more steps in the sequencer, select a parameter in Ableton Live, set its value and lock it. You can do this for any parameter, in any device, in any track of Live.
On top of this I equipped StepLocker with classic step sequencer features, such as playback manipulation (step numbers, random step order, step lenght), value interpolation, value randomization and (post-locking) editing (such as copy, paste, erase).
- Up to 64 steps modulator with parameter locks for any parameter, in any device, in any track of Ableton Live.
- Intuitive user interface based on simple actions: just click, set, lock and sequence. No routing or long menu’s involved.
- Different modulation styles (Impulse/Hold, Gliding).
- Real time sequencing controls: free step number count, step duration, random playback order.
- Post-locking editing features: free editing of every recorded lock, randomization, shift values up/down, mute values, copy and paste sections.
- Possibility of recording the modulation as Session clip automation or Arrangement automation.
- Device state saved with the Ableton Live project.
The StepLocker device is available for $12 USD. Requires Live 9 or higher and Max 6.1 or higher.
More information: J74 / StepLocker
Fabrizio Poce of J74 has launched Volca Control, a collection of software editors and control surfaces for the Korg Volca series.
The J74 Volca Control package provides you with three editors and control surfaces for the Korg Volca series: the VKeys, VBass and VBeats.
These tools allow you to control, store and modulate all Volca native MIDI parameters while adding a bunch of new features for synthesis and performance, such as: filter KeyTracking (both VKeys and VBass), Chorus-like effects (VKeys), additional tempo sync LFO (VKeys), Pitch Tuning and modulation modes (VBass), 3x note Polyphony emulation on VBass, MIDI velocity emulation on VBeats, LFO auto-tuning modulation (VBass and VKeys) and Solo/Mute controls on VBeats.
All devices also offer presets storage (load, save, recall), a X/Y Panel for modulation of two parameters simultaneously and a parameter randomizer.
The J74 Volca Control package is available to purchase as standalone desktop applications for Windows and Mac and in Ableton’s Live Max for Live format, priced at $8 USD.
More information: Fabrizio Poce / J74 Volca Control