Waves has introduced the PuigChild, a hardware compressor/limiter unit.
Modeled on a rare vintage Fairchild 670 from the personal collection of Grammy® award-winning producer/engineer Jack Joseph Puig, the PuigChild hardware compressor faithfully recreates the unmistakable sound of the original.
Featuring dual mono, linked, and lateral vertical stereo modes, 16/24-bit digital I/O, and outstanding AD/DA converters, housed in a rugged 2U rack unit, the PuigChild is a world-class compressor – in the studio or on the road.
- Dual mono, linked, and lateral vertical stereo modes.
- State-of-the-art 24-bit converters.
- Analog and digital connectors for all popular formats.
- 125 dB dynamic range.
The PuigChild is available to purchase for $3,680 USD.
More information: Waves / PuigChild
Waves has announced two new Waves Signature Series bundles plus two new plug-ins in its Waves Modeling line.
The Waves Signature Series features customized multi-effects plug-ins (with compression, EQ, reverb and more) based on the personal processing chains and settings of top producers and engineers. The Waves Modeling line consists of software plug-ins based on vintage and rare hardware, such as SSL, API, and Neve mixing console components.
New Waves Artists Collaborations
- The Chris Lord-Alge Artist Signature Collection — Following closely on the heels of the Waves Modeling CLA Classic Compressors, Waves Signature Series presents The Chris Lord-Alge Artist Signature Collection. These six application-specific plug-ins (CLA Bass, CLA Drums, CLA Vocals, CLA Guitars, CLA Effects and CLA Unplugged) are the result of close collaboration between Grammy Award-winning mixing engineer Lord-Alge and the Waves R&D team. With a mixing career spanning almost three decades, Chris Lord-Alge has worked alongside such artists as Green Day, U2, Creed, Snow Patrol, Daughtry, Nickelback, Jimmy Eat World, Santana and many others. Created from CLA’s custom processing chains, this collection gives users instant access to Chris Lord-Alge’s signature sound: radio-ready rock with an edge.
- The Jack Joseph Puig Artist Signature Collection — Over the past three decades, JJP has helped redefine the role of the producer/mixing engineer, working with such acts as John Mayer, Black Eyed Peas, No Doubt, Panic at the Disco, Weezer, Goo Goo Dolls, the Pussycat Dolls and many more. Following the successful JJP Collection, which modeled rare pieces of vintage gear from his personal arsenal, Waves Signature Series introduces the Jack Joseph Puig Artist Signature Collection. Developed in close association with JJP himself, these six application-specific plug-ins (JJP Bass, JJP Strings & Keys, JJP Drums, JJP Vocals, JJP Guitars and JJP Cymbals & Percussion) were created from JJP’s personal processing chains and give users immediate access to Puig’s larger-than-life pop/rock sound.
- Eddie Kramer HLS Channel / Eddie Kramer PIE Compressor — Over the course of a production and engineering career that spans more than four decades, Eddie Kramer was the man behind the board for some of the biggest names in music history, including Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, The Beatles, David Bowie and many more. Continuing a fruitful partnership that recently resulted in Waves Signature Series’ Eddie Kramer Collection, Waves announces the latest in its Modeling line: the Eddie Kramer HLS Channel and the Eddie Kramer PIE Compressor. Created in collaboration with Kramer himself, these meticulously modeled plug-ins are based on the vintage gear he used in historic sessions by such acts as Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin at London’s acclaimed Olympic Studios. The HLS Channel Strip was modeled on the Helios recording console from the Rolling Stones’ mobile truck (and which was immortalized in Deep Purple’s “Smoke on the Water.”) The PIE Compressor was modeled on the vintage Pye compressor, which was a mainstay in high-end British studios during the ’60s & ’70s.
The Chris Lord-Alge and Jack Joseph Puig Artist Signature Collections are available in native formats only, for an MSRP of $800 USD each. The Eddie Kramer HLS Channel and the Eddie Kramer PIE Compressor are Native and TDM.
More information: Waves