Related: Daniel Bergstrand
, Dirk Verbeuren
, Jason Suecof
, Mark Lewis
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 05, 2013
Toontrack has launched the first release of November’s annual Metal Month: Metal!, a new EZX expansion library for EZdrummer and Superior Drummer.
What happens when you put a massive, all-new drum recording in the hands of three of the most in demand producers in modern metal, let them bring it to their own studio environments and equip them with an unparalleled set of audio shaping tools? You not only get a collection of nine custom drum kits – you get a rampant battery armed for complete audio destruction. A nine-headed behemoth that leaves nothing but rubble behind. Nothing.
The Metal! EZX is based on a new drum recording engineered by Daniel Bergstrand in Norway’s highly unique Tanken Studio. The raw material was then individually remixed by Mark Lewis, Jason Suecof and Daniel Bergstrand himself into nine drum kits tailor-made for metal. Between them, these three producers have worked with some of modern metal’s most influential acts as well as those pioneering today’s multifaceted scene: Meshuggah, In Flames, Trivium, Whitechapel, DevilDriver, The Black Dahlia Murder, God Forbid and Dimmu Borgir, to name a few. The Metal! EZX also comes with a versatile collection of grooves and fills performed by Soilwork and metal drummer extraordinaire Dirk Verbeuren.
Sometimes the word metal just isn’t enough, it needs an exclamation mark!
Metal! EZX features
- All-new recording featuring DW Collector X-shell and Ludwig Quadra Plus drums.
- A total of nine (9) custom kits, remixed and layered with additional as well as personal samples by Mark Lewis, Jason Suecof and Daniel Bergstrand.
- Included MIDI library performed by Dirk Verbeuren.
The Metal! EZX costs $89 USD / 69 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Metal! EZX
Toontrack has announced the release of four new preset libraries for Superior Drummer as part of its Metal Month.
The third pillar in Metal Month 2011 is a complete bonanza of presets for Superior Drummer – of course designed by a well renowned league of producers in today’s metal scene as well as by your number one purveyor of metal itself; Toontrack Music. Let the madness begin!
Superior Drummer Preset Mania
- DFH Presets – Jason Suecof – Being one of the first EZXs for EZdrummer, a modern classic and staple in any self respecting metal head’s arsenal of drums, fiddling with it may to some seem like we are dishonoring a bonafide legend. However, with one of today’s hottest metal producers at the helm combined with the tools and features in Superior Drummer® 2.0, you’ll be amazed at how revitalized and versatile this gem really sounds.
- Metalheads Presets – Toontrack – Not to blow our own horn, but we know a thing or two about how to squeeze the absolute most out of the drums we recorded ourselves! That’s why we are proud to present how we here at Toontrack HQ tweaked one of our favorite EZXs in the world’s best drum sampler, Superior Drummer. Enjoy: Metalheads EZX Presets – Toontrack!
- Metal Machine Presets – Nolly – With a strong Internet presence and as an avid user of Toontrack’s sample libraries, Adam “Nolly” Getgood has tweaked a wealth of jaw-dropping drum sounds is his productions and quickly become one of the brightest stars in the in-the-box production and overall modern metal community. Naturally, his Metal Machine presets are no exception: piercing and ear numbing tweaks showcasing the incredible amount of versatility these drum sounds have to offer!
- Metal Foundry Presets – Michael Keene – As his well known nickname suggests, Michael “Keene Machine” Keene has been pumping out metal records with machine-like accuracy for the past five years. The guitarist, songwriter and mastermind behind the progressive death metal titans The Faceless has been producing and engineering records not only for his own band, but a long string of praised cutting edge American progressive metal bands, such as Born of Osiris and Veil of Maya. That’s why we are extremely proud to present Michael’s take on how to tweak his go-to library, Metal Foundry!
The preset libraries are available to purchase for 12 EUR / $15 USD each.
More information: Toontrack
Toontrack has released the Metal Essentials EZmix Pack, a collection of EZmix presets by Jason Suecof.
The in-your-face-factor is essential in metal. Ask Jason Suecof – one of the essential producers on this side of the millennium and creative mind behind the sound of Trivium, All That Remains and The Black Dahlia Murder. He’ll tell you that, yes, it is essential indeed. So, we simply asked him to bag his most essential tricks for an EZmix Pack, one we’d like to call: Metal Essentials EZmix Pack.
The Metal Essentials EZmix Pack comes with exactly what its title implies: instant and essential presets for your metal productions! One click and you get Jason’s take on how to beef up your guitars, drums, bass, vocals and overall master. Essentially easy.
The Metal Essentials EZmix Pack is available to purchase for 25 EUR / $29 USD.
More information: Toontrack / Metal Essentials EZmix Pack