Cochleor has released Harmony Improvisator, an advanced harmonic composition tool previously available from Jonathan Schmid-Burgk.
A completely reinvented Harmony Improvisator plugin was released today. It features Intel Mac support, a built-in synthesizer, a harmonic pattern sequencer and other extraordinary improvements.
Harmony Improvisator is the most advanced harmonic composition tool on the market. It opens up the manyfold worlds of harmonic theory by making centuries-old knowledge uniquely transparent.
Harmony Improvisator features
- Perfect harmonic improvisation
- Composing with the rules of classical harmonic theory – no professional knowledge required
- Complex cadences suitable for all styles of music
- Unique concept of harmonic pattern sequencing
- Automatic calculation of exciting harmonic suggestions
- Critical time advantage for creating harmonic frames of songs, soundtracks, and arrangements.
Harmony Improvisator is available as a VST effect plug-in for PC and Mac (Intel), priced at 99 EUR (incl. 19% tax) / $129 USD.
More information: Cochleor / Harmony Improvisator
Jonathan Schmid Burgk has released version 0.9 of VisualVox polyphonic, a polyphonic tone manipulation software.
The dream of musicians to isolate single notes out of chords and so to manipulate most forms of recorded audio has come true on the 20th of January 2009.
VisualVox polyphonic applications
- Change chords or single wrong notes in polyphonic recordings
- To fit pieces into your composition that otherwise would not have been accessible due to their key.
- To creatively play around with recorded audio like with a midi instrument – it will play your musical ideas by a click but it still sounds like the real instrument.
- Isolate the natural harmonics of instruments, manipulate them, take your instruments under the magnification glasses to understand their sound.
- Create real sounding harmonizations, i.e. make chords out of monophonic parts of audio.
- Correct intonation problems of any instrument or voice while keeping the formants as they are.
Create artificial vibrato, stretch the formants, rearrange melodies, draw frequency curves with your mouse to access monophonic and polyphonic audio in a way it has never been possible before.
Version 0.9 of VisualVox polyphonic costs 25 Euros, as the software still has some limitations:
- It creates very big temporary files.
- It sometimes misses a note or recognizes a harmonic as an independent note, which can be avoided by optimizing 3 accessible algorithm prameters.
- It plays back synchronously to the VST host software but the audio start time can not be moved to position x, so one should in most cases export the manipulated audio as a wav file.
- Only availible as a MAC VST plugin so far.
- Still contains some bugs.
The final version 1.0 will cost 99 EUR with the upgrade from v0.9 being 50 EUR (Ex. VAT if applicable).
Visit Jonathan Schmid Burgk for more information.
Jonathan Schmid-Burgk has released House Effect, a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
With this VST plugin it is very easy to create a house-typical extreme compression. Simply chain it as an insert-effect after your synthesizer and connect its MIDI input to the baseline via an aux-send of the percussion track. The basedrum will now trigger a strong gain.
House Effect is an open source project and you can get involved here.
Visit Jonathan Schmid-Burgk for more information and a link to download House Effect.
Jonathan Schmid-Burgk has released Harmony Improvisator, a VST plug-in supporting in composing, improvising and creatively exploring harmony.
Harmony Improvisator is intended to develop unusual but not arbitrary harmonic ideas even with little classical harmony knowledge. To this end the program lets you explore, by clicking the mouse, the manifold worlds of harmonies without having to consider rules of part-writing and keys.
Harmony Improvisator features
- Perfect harmonic improvisation.
- Composing with the rules of classic harmonic theory without previous knowledge.
- Complex cadences suitable for all styles of music.
- Improvisation mode for active live performance.
- Visualization of chords depending on their musical function and on a virtual keyboard.
- Compatibility with most VST hosting sequencers (Cubase SX3, Cubase S4, Live 7, Fruity Loops 7).
- Critical saving of time when creating harmonic frames for songs, soundtracks and arrangements.
Visit Jonathan Schmid-Burgk for more information, audio demos and a video demo.
Jonathan Schmid-Burgk has released version 1.2 of VisualVox, a freeware intonation correction VST plug-in for Windows PC.
Changes in v1.2
- Play your voice with your Midi keyboard like an instrument.
- Automatic transfer after the first scan.
Visit the VisualVox page for more information and a link to download VisualVox.
Jonathan Schmid-Burgk has released version 1.1 of VisualVox, a freeware intonation correction VST plug-in for Windows PC. Changes in v1.1 wave file export easier tone handling gluing of notes improved tone recognition bugfix: disappearing grid … read more
Jonathan Schmid-Burgk has released VisualVox VST, a free intonation correction VST plug-in. VisualVox features shift notes of a voice recording to perfect intonation fit a voice recording into rythm by stretching, cutting and moving parts … read more