Dexed is a multi-platform, multi-format synthesizer instrument plug-in that is closely modeled on the Yamaha DX7.
The goal of this project is to be a tool/companion for the original DX7. Sound engine with ‘float’ value parameters, different waveform à la TX81z would be great but anything that goes beyond the DX7 should and will be a fork of this project. This is to keep the compatibility with the original machine.
- Multi platform (OS X, Windows, Linux) and multi format (VST, AU and others that I don’t use); by using JUCE.
- The sound engine music-synthesizer-for-android is closely modeled on the original DX7 characteristics.
- 144 DAW automatable DX7 parameters available from one single panel.
- Fully supports DX7 input and output Sysex messages; including controller change. This means that you can use this with a native DX7/TX7 as a patch editor.
- Each operator have a realtime VU meter to know which one is active.
- Can load/save any DX7/TX7 sysex programs. It is also possible to save a single program into a different sysex file.
Dexed is available as a free download under the GPL v2 license. Binaries for Windows 32/64-bit VST and Mac VST can be downloaded from the Github page.
More information: Dexed
Tokyo Dawn Labs has announced beta 4 of the freeware Feedback Compressor II effect plugin.
The TDR Feedback Compressor II is a radical revamp of its critically acclaimed predecessor. The processor elegantly combines the self-adjusting properties of feed-back compression with an advanced, yet musically intuitive control scheme.
Feedback Compressor II beta 4
- Re-built the whole project based on the JUCE library (previously VSTGUI).
- x64 performance issues solved.
- Fixed a bug which corrupted the claim “Bit transparent without processing”.
- Fixed a (practically irrelevant) bug related to an internal re-sampling filter.
- Key Filter selection now via Combo-Box.
- Smooth, fancy LED animations.
- “Peak Mode” is now “Peak Ratio”, was moved to the right and has a new switch graphic.
- Velocity based knobs/sliders.
- “Jump to default value” now via double-click.
The new beta is available to download for Windows (VST). With the move to the JUCE framework, Mac VST and AU is expected in the near future.
More information: Tokyo Dawn Labs / Feedback Compressor II
Togu Audio Line has announced the TAL-U-NO-LX, a new Juno-60 emulation with a fully rewritten new engine and GUI.
Togu Audio Line teases its first commercial plugin, the soon to be released TAL-U-NO-LX.
Up to date zero feedback delay filters and carefully calibrated controls make this synth a good replacement for the analog device with all the advantages software plugins have. It’s even possible to recreate old Juno patches from an existing patch sheet. As an addition, the TAL_U-NO-LX also supports portamento and different LFO waveforms and some more useful features. An arpeggiator with different sync modes and hold function is also included.
This new version will also be available as 64bit OSX AU and VST plugin. It was hard to calibrate a synth that has different envelope times on every voice, but we even copied this to some degree :)
TAL-U-NO-LX will be available to purchase within a few weeks. People who donated $17 USD or more (up to June 11th, 2012) will get a free license.
More information: Togu Audio Line
Niall Moody has released version 2 of Pedalboard, a free VST host designed for live use.
I based it on the JUCE ‘audio plugin host’ code so I could avoid some of the trickier hosting stuff, but it was still a fairly substantial amount of work to get everything working the way I wanted.
It’s designed to provide the kind of things I figure I’ll need in a live situation, so every plugin parameter (and application action) can be modulated via MIDI CCs and Open Sound Control messages, and you can easily queue up any number of patches and quickly switch between them. And thanks to the JUCE code it’s modular, fixing one of the major shortcomings of the previous pedalboard. I’m quite proud of it. Whether or not it’ll be of any use to anyone else is another question.
Pedalboard 2 features
- Modular patching.
- All plugin parameters can be manipulated in real time via MIDI CCs or Open Sound Control messages.
- Any number of patches can be queued up and rapidly switched.
Pedalboard 2 is available as a free VST plugin for Windows.
More information: Niall Moody / Pedalboard 2
Togu Audio Line has announced the release of TAL-Reverb-III, a free reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TAL-Reverb-III is an easy to use stereo plate plugin. Its the replacement for TAL-Reverb-II and has several improvements as an optimized GUI and some changes in the algorithm. It has a simpified EQ section, a meter display and shows actual slider values.
The reverb has its own character and produces a very diffuse plate. I tried to create a colorless and maximal diffuse plate reverb without grains and digital artefacts. Its the result of a lot tuning and testing.
- Plate reverb sound.
- One simple room size control.
- Predelay up to one second.
- EQ section (12dB cut, low shelf filter at 1000Hz, high shelf filter at 200Hz)
- Stereo width control (from full stereo to mono).
- Stereo input mode (mono or stereo intput).
- Displays the slider value of the active fader.
- A meter shows the output volume.
- 10 factory presets
- Made with the juce framework and open source.
TAL-Reverb-III is available as a free download for PC and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Togu Audio Line / TAL-Reverb-III
The developer of KXStudio – a KDE desktop aimed at artists, producers, musicians as well as regular users, has released all JUCE (Jules’ Utility Class Extensions) based TAL plug-ins as 32 and 64bit plug-ins for … read more
Togu Audio Line has released version 1.10 of TAL-Reverb, a free reverb effect plug-in for Windows. TAL-Reverb is a free open source stereo plate reverb based on juce. Its very diffuse and has its own … read more
Togu Audio Line has released version 0.98 of TAL-Reverb, a freeware reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. TAL-Reverb is a free open source stereo plate reverb based on juce. Its very diffuse and has … read more
Raw Material Software has released version 1.50 of JUCE, a C++ toolkit for building cross-platform applications on PC/Mac/Linux. There have been a vast number of new features and fixes since the last ‘official’ release – … read more
Future Audio Workshop is introducing an interesting software synthesizer at the MusikMesse: Circle. From the FAW website: Circle – stay in flow Flow refers to the state of mind in which you are at your … read more
ddmf has released version 2.3 (Win) and 1.0 (Mac) of LP10, a 10 band mastering EQ plug-in. Changes Plugin has been completely rewritten using JUCE. Minor improvements (apart from the Mac port) are: Values are … read more