Karma-Lab has released Catalyst Volume 1, a collection of sounds for Korg’s Kronos, OASYS, M3, and M50.
The first chapter in our new Catalyst Series, this collection will catalyze your creativity with a burst of inspirational jaw-dropping grooves.
Contains 32 incredible Combis for the Korg Kronos, M3, OASYS, or M50 (with KARMA M50 Software), making full use of the revolutionary KARMA function. Your keyboard (and your brain) may never be the same!
The Kronos, M3 and OASYS versions can be loaded directly into your keyboard, or used with the optional KARMA Kronos Software, KARMA M3 Software and KARMA Oasys Software. The M50 version requires already having the KARMA M50 Software.
Catalyst Volume 1 features
- Emphasizing “quality over quantity,” each of the 32 Combis is composed of a full 4 GEs and 8 fully-voiced Scenes for maximum variability.
- Features extensive real-time control via the KARMA Realtime Controls (8 sliders, 8 switches) and the other controllers (joystick, ribbon, vector joystick (Kronos, OASYS), XY Pad (M3), 8 RT knobs or sliders and 2 switches over joystick).
- Includes grooves and sonic textures in a wide variety of styles, ranging from a mixture of Hip-Hop, Dance, Trance & Techno categories to Ambient, Jazz, Classical, New-Age & World/Ethnic categories.
- Each Combi is fully and meticulously documented in the accompanying 71 page User’s Guide.
- Programmed by Eric J. Sawyer and KARMA Developer Stephen Kay, with each combi going through a rigorous testing and quality control program to make sure everything works, and works well!
Catalyst Volume 1 is available to purchase for $32 USD.
More information: Karma-Lab / Catalyst Volume 1
Karma Lab has announced KARMA Motif Software for the Yamaha Motif XF and XS synthesizers.
This brand-new entry in their line of software applications brings the award-winning and patented KARMA algorithmic music technology, previously only available for Korg workstations, to the Yamaha Motif XS and the new Yamaha Motif XF platforms.
Karma Motif features
- 8-track design (6 KARMA Modules, 2 Keyboard Layers) per Performance.
- Per-track Volume and Mute stored in each of the 32 Scenes – individually adjust the mix of all parts in each scene, and which parts are playing.
- Velocity Response Curves – individually tailor the velocity response for the left hand keyboard, the right hand keyboard, the input to KARMA from the keyboard, and the Chord Triggers (pads), without editing the Motif’s programs or songs.
- Fill/Stop Feature – use one or more modules as a melodic or drum fill, with the ability to stop and start other modules automatically.
- Advanced Stutter Feature – rapidly “stutter” (retrigger) the entire groove at different rhythmic resolutions, providing an effect similar to how it would sound if you sampled the entire KARMA groove and then replicated small slices of the beginning of the sample in your DAW. From machine-gun like stutters to slow triplet hits, it adds a completely new dimension to a KARMA Performance.
- Master Transpose – play in one key, generate output in another, switchable in real-time.
- Chord Triggers (Pads) – Individual Vel. Sensitivity and Transpose, for not only triggering KARMA with pre-programmed chords of your choice, but for triggering hits, sound effects and even the Motif’s arps.
- Performance Notes Feature – bring up a detailed Performance Notes document for each included Performance, with detailed information about the Scenes, RT Control assignments, Chord Trigger assignments, key zones, methods of playing, suggested uses and more. Edit to included your own comments and create your own notes for your own Performances.
- Remote Control mode – maps the Motif’s Remote Control mode so that all of the buttons and sliders on the Motif’s interface can be used to trigger the 16 Chord Triggers, Fills, Stutter feature, Scene changes, Scene mixes and real-time algorithmic variations – no need for an external fader/button box, although full support for interfacing them is also provided, with more assignable CCs for real-time control via external controllers.
- Extensively Redesigned Single Window Interface with Activity Meters.
KARMA Motif Software for PC and Mac is available directly from Karma-Lab, and is slated to be available in April 2011, priced at $199 USD.
More information: Karma Lab