Klanghelm Audio Plugins has released version 2.2 of its DC8C advanced compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
DC8C is one of the most flexible compressors around. While making a lot of different compression styles possible, it’s general nature may be described as: clear, smooth, open, distinct.
Changes in DC8C v2.2
- FIX: overs in LIMITER mode under some circumstances.
- CHANGE: feedback signal is grabbed before the output control now: so increasing output gain doesn’t lead to more gain reduction, when feedback is used for the detector (FB-MIX > 0 and EASY modes).
- CHANGE: updated feedback path to avoid “clickiness” at very short attack times and and heavy gain reduction.
- CHANGE: when using the mix control the dry mix signal is the unprocessed signal without input and output gain and without saturation.
- CHANGE: negative release PROG DEP is now possible in SMASH mode too making release times down to 2ms possible on extreme settings and high GR.
- FIX/CHANGE: attack PROG DEP is working as expected now, it’s been completely rewritten and detached from the release PROG DEP. So it’s easier to use both attack and release PROG DEP at the same time.
- CHANGE: internal timings of oversampled and non-oversampled operation are aligned now.
DC8C for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 20 EUR. The update is free for all existing users.
More information: Klanghelm / DC8C
Klanghelm Audio Plugins has released version 2 of the free compressor plug-in DC1A, and version 2.1 of DC8C, the advanced compressor effect plugin.
I’ve just updated the popular free compressor DC1A to the compression engine of its big brother DC8C 2.
DC1A 2 offers a few more tricks than its predecessor, such as compression with negative ratios and dual mono operation. Since the sound has changed, DC1A 2 has a new plugin id, so that you’re able to use V1 alongside with V2 in your projects.
DC8C has been updated too.
Changes in DC1A 2 / DC8C v2.1
- New GUI(s), dedicated GUIs for each easy mode too.
- New metering, much more detailed and accurate.
- New dual mono switch for the easy modes.
- Mac RTAS is now officially supported.
- Less CPU consumption.
- Removed DC offset from saturation.
- Overall better handling of extreme settings.
- With no oversampling selected DC8C is zero latency now.
DC1A is available to download as freeware, DC8C costs 20 EUR. The update is free for current users.
More information: Klanghelm Audio
Klanghelm Audio Plugins has announced the release of SDRR, a saturation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Klanghelm’s SDRR effect plugin in Tube mode.
SDRR was build to satisfy almost all of your saturation desires. It provides a comprehensive set of controls to manipulate the character of the saturation to make it fit exactly.
SDRR offers four different main modes: TUBE, DIGI, FUZZ, DESK and reacts dynamically to the input signal. Each mode has it’s unique crosstalk behaviour, which can be switched of or exagerrated. A unique RMS level difference metering mode makes level matching an easy task.
SDRR can be different things: a saturation, a compressor, an EQ, a bitcrusher, a subtle stereo widener, or simply add some movement to your tracks with the DRIFT control. Add warmth, depth and character to your tracks with SDRR.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS), for the introductory price of 22 EUR.
More information: Klanghelm / SDRR
Klanghelm has released version 2.0 of the DC8C advanced compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
DC8C is one of the most flexible compressors around.
While making a lot of different compression styles possible, it’s general nature may be described as: clear, smooth, open, distinct.
Klanghelm’s DC8C 2 advanced compressor for Windows and Mac.
Changes in DC8C v2.0
- Binary name changed to DC8C2.<pluginformat>.
- New plugin ID -> version 1.x and 2.x can be used together.
- New: preset browser.
- New: a third main operational mode (besides NORMAL and CLEAN) called SMASH for very fast compression action.
- New: three transfer curve SHAPES now: SOFT, NOSE, SPIKE.
- New: position of the saturation can be set to pre compression, sidechain only, post compression.
- Change: new oversampling: DC8C now clearly benefits from oversampling (and additional processing inside the oversampling).
- Change: reworked saturation modes.
- Change: CRUSH style is now based on the new SMASH operational mode.
- Change: new GUI.
- Change: RANGE control uses a finer resolution for lower settings.
- Fix: initialization issues in the VST3 version.
DC8C for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for 20 EUR. The update is free for all existing DC8C users.
More information: Klanghelm / DC8C
Klanghelm has announced the release of IVGI, a freeware saturation and distoration effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
IVGI can deliver very soft and subtle saturation, that feels at home on the master buss. It is equally capable of very dense and dirty distortion effects to spice up single tracks.
IVGI’s base sound is comparable to the DESK mode in the upcoming big brother SDRR.
Just as SDRR, IVGI reacts dynamically to the input signal. Even the modelled fluctuations react dynamically and also change depending on the drive setting, so that it doesn’t get in the way of the SOUND. Stereo tracks benefit from it’s modelled crosstalk behaviour. Just as its big brother SDRR, IVGI features a “Controlled Randomness”, which determines the internal drift and variance inside the unit. It contributes to the livelyness and realness of IVGI’s saturation character. All internal processes are modulated to some extent to make this possible.
- IVGI reacts dynamically to the input.
- No to very low aliasing even at extreme settings.
- Variable noise modelling (program material and settings dependent) to avoid the noise getting in the way of the sound.
- 4 x oversampling.
- 7 samples of latency.
- Adjustable frequency dependency.
- “CONTROLLED RANDOMNESS”: every internal process is modulated to a certain extent to simulate drift, variance and internal fluctuations.
- Special designed super smooth and unobtrusive high shelving filter to brighten up sounds.
- Adjustable asymmetry of the saturation giving control over harmonic content and also transparency of the saturation.
- Smooth compression characteristics.
- Accurate VU metering of input and output.
- Unique RMS output-input difference VU mode for easy level matching.
- Low memory footprint.
The IVGI plug-in is available as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS).
More information: Klanghelm / IVGI
Klanghelm has announced it has updated all its effect plug-ins, including the release of RTAS versions. I’ve updated all Klanghelm plugins. This is a maintenance update, which fixes some minor issues. Also, all Klanghelm plugins … read more
Klanghelm has updated its DC8C advanced compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 1.2. The main goal while designing DC8C was to get a very clean compressor action without unwanted and often almost … read more
Klanghelm has updated its DC8C advanced compressor effect plug-in to version 1.1. From opto style, peak compression, external sidechaining, RMS compression, Feedback, Feedforward compression (and everything inbetween) to negative ratios, zero latency brickwall limiting, from … read more
Klanghelm has released DC8C, a flexible compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. The main goal while designing DC8C was to get a very clean compressor action without unwanted and often almost unevitable artefacts/distortion. This … read more
Klanghelm has released the DC1A, a free compressor effect for Windows and Mac. DC1A is the little brother of the compression monster DC8C. I’ve taken one of my favourite settings from DC8C and tried to … read more
Klanghelm has updated its VUMT VU meter, PPM and trim effect plugin for Windows to version 1.8.2. The ballistics are completely tweakable. In its default state it is accurately meeting the specs of a standard … read more
Klanghelm has updates its VUTM VU meter and trim plugin for Windows and Mac. VUMT taken to the next level. Lots of improvements and new features. It’s now a fully tweakable VU meter. Changes in … read more
Klanghelm has announced the release of VUTM, a VU meter and trim plugin for Windows and Mac. VUMT is a recreation of a VU meter and has an additional trim function to make your gain … read more