The Loop Loft has announced the introduction of three new classes of music-creation content developed directly for and with partners at software developers, Native Instruments and PreSonus: MASCHINE Kits, KONTAKT Slice Machine 002 // Loop Loft Beats and Studio One Sound Sets.
Each of The Loop Loft’s new products is instantly available for download from thelooploft.com and its retail partners.
Loop Loft partner content
- MASCHINE KITS – Groove producers and beat-makers will find The Loop Loft’s MASCHINE Kits the perfect content compliment to their Native Instruments MASCHINE production systems. With more than nine titles available starting at just $9, MASCHINE Kits are the perfect way for producers to expand their library of samples and sounds, instantly ready to make into beats.
- KONTAKT SLICE MACHINE 002 // LOOP LOFT BEATS – Music-makers can create and manipulate their samples like never before using KONTAKT Slice Machine 002 // Loop Loft Beats for Native Instruments KONTAKT 5 software. This custom beat-slicing machine contains 225 of the finest drum breaks from The Loop Loft, prepped and ready for tweaking. Developed with Samplephonics, The Loop Loft created the Slice Machine to enable producers to easily add, move around and effect loop slices so that they can subtly change a beat, or totally glitch it out beyond recognition.
- STUDIO ONE SOUND SET – Simon Phillips Session Tracks is the first sound set developed for PreSonus Studio One music-production software. Producers can use this broad-ranging collection of rock drum loops recorded by master drummer Simon Phillips to build chart-topping rock songs in Studio One. Simon Philips, whose drumming career highlights include stints with Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, Gil Evans, Stanley Clark, Frank Zappa, Peter Gabriel, Joe Satriani, Mick Jagger, Toto and The Who, is also an accomplished recording engineer and producer.
All products from The Loop Loft are available immediately from thelooploft.com and retail partners.
More information: The Loop Loft
SampleScience has announced Vortex SoundWaves, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt 5.
Vortex SoundWaves is a collection of 20 Kontakt 5 instruments of abstract, atmospheric sound textures and tones.
The sources that were used to create these instruments are genuine analog synthesizers, software synthesizers as well as treated acoustic instruments and physically modeled instruments.
The sample library is available from Sampleism, priced at £5.99 GBP. A collection of 5 Kontakt instruments is available to download at no cost.
More information: Sampleism / Vortex SoundWaves
Sounds And Effects has released Distressed Vinyl, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt and Propellerhead Reason.
A must have for most modern music styles from downtempo to hip hop. Warm and inviting, yet mangled and distorted turntable / vinyl record and reel to reel tape effects including popping, static, LP and 45 RPM record Que-ing and clicking and hiss, loud and obnoxious scratches, rhythmic scratches, reel to reel fast forward, rolling off the end of the tape, mic’ed tape recorder noise & tape Que-ing.
All mixed and processed using resonant band pass or low pass filters (real time mod wheel control), saturation, tasty distortion, flanging, phasing or chorus effects, bit reduction and more.
The sample library costs $39.95 USD. Requires Kontakt 5 or higher, or Reason 6.5 / 7.0 or higher.
More information: Sounds And Effects / Distressed Vinyl
sun.io has introduced “Dark Drones”, a free sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Dark Drones, great for a very dark cinematic effect. Heavy, gritty, dark. Well, just download and listen for yourself!
The instrument has 42 handcrafted drones. They are all around 1 minute in length and in Stereo. Hope you enjoy it, I love creating these patches.
The library is a free download (~190MB compressed). All samples were saved in the ‘NCW’ Lossless Sample Compression format to reduce file size.
More information: Dark Drones (download)
Straight Ahead Samples has announced the release of Brushes & Mallets, a drum sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We are very pleased to announce our new Kontakt 5 sample library: Straight Ahead! Brushes & Mallets.
Following the success of SASamples flagship Straight Ahead! Jazz Drums, Brushes & Mallets is the logical next step in being able to create authentic jazz tracks.
Brushes & Mallets features
- Left & Right Hand Samples, brushes & mallets – 8 round robin & up to 7 velocity levels.
- Everything sampled with snares on & off!
- Brush patterns, tempo-synced, recorded in multiple tempos/feels (swing, 3/4, 6/8, straight).
- Multiple fills in each tempo/feel patch.
- Recorded by the same drummer as SA!JD on the same kit to allow the 2 libraries to be used seamlessly together.
- Double-time feel switch.
The sample library costs $179.99 USD. It is currently on sale for the introductory price of $99.99 USD (45% off).
More information: Straight Ahead / Brushes & Mallets
Spitfire Audio has announced the release of Sable Volume 2, a string library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Spitfire are delighted to release the hotly anticipated second volume in our detailed new String library. Volume 2 contains the Violin 2 section (providing you with a smaller totally different group of violinists, sat in a different position to give you a true orchestral spread), Viola and Bass sections, and between volumes 1 and 2 you have an incredibly beautiful and dynamic, responsive collection of players.
Each section is fully controllable individually, and is recorded with 7 mic positions, through rare and classic mics in one of the greatest recording studios in the world, through Neve ‘Montserrat’ mic pres and then on through the Neve 88R onto tape, and finally through Prism converters into Protools at 96k. We present the library in Kontakt 4.2.4 and higher format (FULL VERSION OF KONTAKT REQUIRED) at 48k, 24bit.
The sample library is available to purchase for the introductory price of £299 GBP until May 14th, 2013 (regular £399 GBP). Prices ex VAT.
More information: Spitfire Audio / Sable Volume 2