, samples and sound libraries
, string machine
Posted in news
on Apr 09, 2014 - 0 comments
Soniccouture has released The Attic, a bundle of 10 virtual instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Attic : a project to document and sample interesting, characterful instruments that may not always be the obvious choice when we think of classics.
Instruments which, when added to a track, instantly add some special magic, even if it is due to the fact that it sounds a bit cheap or quirky.
We asked around some friendly producers: Neil Davidge, Adrian Utley and Liam Howe were all happy to open up their attics to us, and the resulting collection is a fascinating journey into the corners early analogue synthesis, offering a huge palette of sounds to reach into when you need colour, character and exuberance.
The Attic features
- 10 Unique Instruments: Roland RS202 String Machine, Korg LP10 Analog Piano, Suzuki Omnichord, Jennings Univox, Minikorg 700s, Hammond Solovox, Synthi AKS, Roland SH2000, Godwin String Concert, Philips Philicorda
- Authentic Analogue Sample modelling.
- Over 350 Presets.
- Kontakt Player Compatible.
- 7.8 GB Core Library.
The Attic is available for purchase for $149 USD / £119 GBP / 129 EUR. Until May 2nd, 2014, you can use coupon code URR3K3Y to get $30 USD / 20 EUR off.
More information: Soniccouture / The Attic
, Riverwood Air
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in archive
on Apr 09, 2014 - 0 comments
VST Buzz has announced a limited time promotion on RAW Power – Metallic Percussion, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
RAW Power – Metallic Percussion was Riverwood Air’s excuse to take a huge selection of pipes, sheets, weights, and machines, and smash them all together for your listening pleasure! Pipes were crashed, steel sheets were dropped, even brass mutes were rattled! RAW Power consists of 2.5GB of uncompressed metallic objects, perfect to fuse into media projects. Specific items recorded include gym bars, clips, doors, sheeting, zips, frames, weights, chimes , pipes, a bowed vibraphone & cymbals, and metallic brass mutes.
Recorded in 24 bit 96kHz for outstanding clarity, RAW Power gives you a diverse metallic collection of instruments 17 patches as well 2 FX patches have been created from the samples; one of select sound designed samples perfect for hybrid projects and one of reverse FX, again for modern media work. Too many percussion libraries already exist which are designed with ‘epic’ in mind. This one is not; giving you a range of sound design instruments that are guaranteed to fit straight into any project, right into your existing percussion section.
The library is available from VST Buzz for $25 USD until April 15th, 2014 (requires full version of Kontakt 5.3 or later).
More information: VST Buzz
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios
Synthmagic and Tronsonic have announced the release of J4, a virtual Roland Jupiter 4 instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Inspired by a legendary 4 voice Japanese analogue synthesizer from the late 1970s, ‘J4′ also includes an extremely comprehensive sequencer.
‘J4′ features 2 different sets of samples – one set recorded ‘DI’, with a NEVE style pre-amp/eq and boutique valve mixer at 48khz/24 bit. The second set uses the same method, but has also been recorded to brand new ‘old-stock’ tape at 15ips on a Studer A807 quarter inch reel-to-reel recorder.
- Single Oscillator Analogue style synth with 6 Waveforms, a Sub Square Wave Oscillator and Noise Generator.
- Over 320 presets.
- 2 different sample sets (one DI, one taped).
- Syncable 16 step sequencer system with Filter, Resonance, Velocity and Chord sequencer.
- Syncable Arpeggiator.
- Syncable main LFO and VCF S/H LFO.
- Overdrive function via relationship between ‘Volume’ and ‘Level’ controls.
- Sub LFO.
- Dual Polarity Keytrack.
- Unison, Portamento and Mono mode.
- 4 Voice or Full Polyphony.
- Pitch Bend and Mod Wheel routing system.
- Delay, high quality ‘Mixbus’ Compressor, ‘Tape Compressor’, Ensemble and choice of 3 Reverbs.
The library is available from Synth Magic and Tronsonic for the introductory price of £19.99 GBP until May 1st, 2014 (30% off regular).
More information: Synth Magic / Tronsonic
Sonic Cat has released Pop Piano Free, a free acoustic grand piano sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Pop Piano is part of the Pop Keys piano sample library.
Pop Piano Free features a recorded Bechstein MP192 Grand Piano which is made in Germany, to differentiate between other libraries with analog equipment in good sound concert hall.
Pop Piano Free features
- Sampling from Bechstein MP192 Grand Piano.
- Recorded from first class Mic and Analog Preamp.
- Recorded at good sound concert hall.
- Maximum 4 Velocity.
Pop Piano Free is taken for the Pop Keys piano library.
Sonic Cat is currently also offering a limited time 40% discount on all its products in celebration of the launch of the Sonic Cat brand, which carries all of Luxonix’s Kontakt libraries.
More information: Sonic Cat
Ilya Efimov has released Chinese Hulusi, a new virtual ethnic folk instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The hulusi or cucurbit flute is a free-reed wind instrument from China. It is held vertically and has three bamboo pipes which pass through a gourd wind chest; the center pipe has finger holes and the outer two are typically drone pipes. It is not uncommon for a hulusi to have only one drone pipe while the second outer pipe is merely ornamental. The drone pipe has a finger hole, which allows it to be stopped.
The Hulusi library can allow a user to imitate virtually anything that a real hulusi could play. Ii8intervals were recorded for up and down legato articulations in two variants: normal legato and glissando. We have provided the ability to vary the dynamics of the instrument to convey a wide, detailed range of expression from pp to ff. Natural vibrato may be added to the sound at any time. Staccato articulations provide added realism by means of a round-robin algorythm.
Chinese Hulusi features
- 240 MB converted NCW format, 44.1kHz/24-bit, stereo.
- 2 natural legato types: normal and glissando.
- 11 different articulations.
- Realistic dynamic from p to f.
- Two vibrato types.
- Control of realistic vibrato.
- Reassignable keyswitches and midi-controllers.
- 3 modes of legato performance.
- Detune vibrato keys.
- Drones tune and volume control.
The library is available for 39 EUR. Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.3+.
More information: Ilya Efimov / Chinese Hulusi
Precisionsound has released Jetstream, a sound design workstation for Kontakt.
Packing a library of environmental, electronic and mechanical loops into a single instrument, Jetstream generates a diverse array of ambiences, drones, sweeps and hits.
Users can layer and transform sounds with multiple filters, extensive modulations, and creative impulse responses. Custom mastering effects are built in for shaping tone, space, and dynamics.
Precisionsound founder, Lars Westin, said: “Jetstream makes sound design for music and media fast and intuitive. It’s easy to create stunning sounds for any project, from airy textures to spooky strikes, naturalistic environments, and even chromatic synths.”
Jetstream is the brainchild of Iain Morland, a sound designer for film, theatre, games and virtual instruments, and whose credits for Precisionsound include the Sonic Laboratory and Exosphere sound effects libraries.
- 50 original sound loops (254MB).
- 32 unique impulse responses (29MB).
- Intuitive colour-coded interface for sound design.
- 65 professionally designed presets.
- 44.1kHz 24-bit stereo WAV throughout.
Jetstream for Kontakt is available as a download for $39 USD. Requires the full version of Kontakt 3 or above.
More information: Precisionsound / Jetstream
e-instruments has announced the release of Session Keys Grand S and Grand Y, two Kontakt based concert grand piano instruments with a new and innovative approach to create the perfect piano sound for music productions.
Session Keys Grand S delivers the rich harmonic structure, warm tone, and full resonances of the Steinway D4 Concert Grand Piano, used in numerous concerts and recordings by some of the world’s greatest artists.
Session Keys Grand Y captures the clear, transparent and dynamic sound of a Yamaha CFIIIS Concert Grand Piano. Rich overtones, sparkling high end, and a powerful bass range make this outstanding instrument the perfect complement to the Grand S.
Session Keys Grand S/Y features
- Concert and Studio modes – Each acoustic flavour has been recorded in precise detail using two separate piano lid positions.
- Pentamorph controller – Allows users to easily adjust the Grand Piano’s acoustics – from standard characteristic sounds to atmospheres that go far beyond the obvious – as well as create movement on the fly using just one knob.
- Session animation – The Animator is designed to generate truly musical piano performances in the most flexible way.
- Smart Chords – For instant piano chords at your fingertips, Session Keys Smart Chord Mode provides a completely new and inventive way to add depth of musical expression to your production.
- Edit parameters of the Grand Piano in detail – Strengthen the individuality and expressiveness of the instrument, or to take it far beyond its standard sonic signature. EQ, Compression, Convolution Reverb and Delay Effects can all be edited for creative sound design without boundaries.
The pianos are available for purchase for 99 USD/EUR each, or bundled for 159 USD/EUR.
More information: e-instruments / Session Keys Grand Pianos