Homegrown Sounds has announced the release of Kosmology Evolution, a new sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Second Kosmology Installment has arrived, created exclusively for Kosmology, the advanced Sequencing system for Kontakt 5. In comparison to Awakenings it has a slightly harder edge, and also includes a few more FX type sounds with lots of movement which are inte resting when modulating the Sample Start Position. It was designed using a DSI Evolver and takes advantage of both the Analog and the Digital side of this amazing instrument. All sounds were created from scratch for this collection and definitely bring the Evolvers unique sound into Kosmology for Sequencing Fun.
All 200 instruments are multi-sampled, using 4 samples per instrument at 24-bit using pure synthesis with very few effects. For the most part they have the Filter Wide Open so they can be upfront and powerful, whilst they can be tamed easily using Kosmology itself. Whilst most sounds are chromatically useful, there are a few effect, detuned and drop instruments scattered throughout the collection to add some nice surprises and interests whilst Wave Sequencing. Fifty new Presets are added using Evolution which adds to the existing 70+ Kosmology presets (all Kosmology presets can be loaded into any Kosmology based Instrument)
Also included are Kosmology Instruments for both Kosmos Classics and Infekted if you own either of these collections!
Homegrown Sounds has also updated Kosmology to version 1.1, which is now available to download to Awakenings users.
Changes in Kosmology v1.1
- Fixed a bug when randomizing the Synth Sections where the playing sequence would not update the filter type correctly until a new Sequence was triggered.
- Added ‘Kosmology Lite’ Instruments – These use just synth A for a more spacious sound and use less CPU than the full Kosmology (better for intensive Polyphonic Sequencing). They can load the standard Kosmology Presets but anything relating to Synth B is either disabled or remapped.
- Impulse response Type is no longer randomized when using the Global Randomizer for a single Instance.
- Added 50 new presets for ‘Evolution’ – All Kosmology Presets can be used in any Kosmology Instrument, even though the samples will be different.
- Added Load and Save buttons to the Browser panel to make Saving Presets easier without having to go into the Master Menu.
Kosmology Evolution is available for the introductory price of $40 USD (regular $65 USD).
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Kosmology Evolution
Wave Alchemy has announced the release of Digital Revolution SE Demo, a free ‘slimmed down’ version of its forthcoming Digital Revolution instrument library for Kontakt.
Users of Kontakt 5 are able to demo a small amount of what is possible with our soon to be released Digital Revolution instrument for Kontakt Player…
Powered by ‘Revolution Engine’ technology, our Digital Revolution SE demo and forthcoming Digital Revolution virtual instrument puts vintage digital drum sounds from the 1980′s at your fingertips…
We have faithfully captured the unique sound of 9 iconic digital drum machines (and 3 analogue ones!) spanning from 1980 to 1989, including all sample variations of the original drum machines, tune, decay and various other settings. Each drum sound has also been re-sampled multiple times through an iconic ‘grey’ 12-bit sampler to allow for real-time re-sample/grit modes which can easily be selected from the instrument interface.
Digital Revolution SE Demo is now available to download to registered Wave Alchemy users (registration is free).
More information: Wave Alchemy / Digital Revolution SE Demo
Puremagnetik has announced the release of Filmscape, a new bundle of instruments for media composers and sound designers.
Filmscape is over 3GB of sound design and soundscape toolsets for composers, film scorers and intrepid experimentalists.
Packed with menus of metallic slams, horrific environments, cinematic textures and transition effects, Filmscape is a comprehensive collection of essential sounds for games, film, television and other media.
- Infinite Spaces – An odyssey in space and sound. Built with responses generated from legendary space simulation equipment. Infinite Spaces is an adventure in stereo and an odyssey in sonic textures.
- Grainscapes – A collection of haunting, granular synthesized cinematic textures and ambiences for scoring or sound design applications. Grainscapes includes over 20 multi-sampled programs tailored for instant tweaking and sonic manipulation.
- Metalsphere – Intense soundscapes, suspenseful textures and horrific environments. Conveniently packaged into 2 multisampled menus of the most nightmarish proportions, Metalsphere contains a huge array of sonic possibilities.
- Technosphere – Over 100 dark, twisted soundscapes, transition effects and ambiances. Perfect for television/film scoring, atmosphere creation and creative sound design.
Filmscape is available for Ableton, Logic and Kontakt, priced at $49 USD.
More information: Puremagnetik / Filmscape
GBR Loops has announced the release of Dream Accordions, a virtual accordion instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
It is specially designed for romantic and folk style songs.
10 types of accordions presets inside it which is created with perfect sampling and amazing depth.
It has been a fantastic facility of chord & other features like transpose and slide.
Dream Accordions features
- Includes Single reed, Accordions double, Accordions stereo, Accordions lead, Accordions FM, Accordions 5th, Accordions reverse, Accordions Short dl 2, Accordions organ.
- Full version of Native Instruments KONTAKT 5.3.0 (or higher) required.
The library is available to purchase for $41 USD.
More information: GBR Loops / Dream Accordions
StrayWorx has announced TeH Fl0ppy v2.0, an updated version of the sample library featuring chromatically sampled floppy disk drives.
Do you remember the funny videos on various sites where floppy disk drives played popular melodies? Now you can do it without disk drives, micro-controller and wires. Use your DAW and sample players like NI Kontakt or SF2 players and more to play TeH Fl0ppy Disk Symphony.
This library sounds cool in modern electronic music as sound design element and works well as retro-floppy-emulation-awesomeness too. Add your own effects to distort, bend and loop the base sounds as much as you want. Just check the demo sounds on the bottom of this page for examples.
TeH Fl0ppy v2.0 features
- New, fancy GUI (Graphic User Interface) for Kontakt version.
- Optimized file size.
- Optimized Renoise .xrni files.
- Smaller memory footprint.
- 5 Kontakt patches (Full Kontakt 4.2.4. or newer required).
- 5 Renoise .XRNI patches.
- 5 SF2 patches.
- 241 files, 150Mbytes (zipped).
The sample library is available for $10 USD.
More information: StrayWorx / TeH Fl0ppy
HeadlessBuddha Samples has announced Tape Music Box, a virtual music box instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
How wonderful can a simple musical toy be?
Well, I think there’s no other toy in this world that creates such a magical, mystical, and somehow mysterious sound, so we decided to record it in our own style.
Tape Music Box certainly fits greatly into Soundtrack music, EDM, Meditation music, Psychedelic rock, Baroque pop, and many other genres with its unique character and lovely feel.
Tape Music Box features features
- 41 samples (92.5MB) with 2 or 3 layers depending on the note.
- G1 to C6 extension.
- 1 Kontakt instrument.
- 44.1kHz/24 bit .wav format.
- Natural decay.
- All recorded through cassette tape.
- A set of 17 custom impulse responses.
The sample library is available for $5.49 USD.
More information: HeadlessBuddha Samples / Tape Music Box
Pettinhouse has announced FunkyGuitar 2.0, an innovative Stratocaster guitar sample library for Kontakt.
FunkyGuitar 2.0 was made for playing Funky Guitar Riffs.
1,15GB of library with automatic strummer with patterns and 15 Funky Guitar Chords, chord variations, Sliding chords, Strum noises, Free chords and Muted notes.
It has a built-in Amp simulator, Wah, Distortion, EQ, Reverb, Delay and Phaser.
You can also play it DRY with your favorite amp simulator.
The library is available for purchase for $99 USD. Requires Kontakt 3 or higher, full version (Kontakt Player not supported).
More information: Pettinhouse / FunkyGuitar 2.0
Best Service has announced Altus – The Voice of Renaissance, a new sample library by Eduardo Tarilonte.
Often misunderstood and surrounded by mystery the counter tenor is another milestone in Eduardo Tarilonte series of exceptional voices, Altus brings you a real counter tenor for your Renaissance and Baroque music productions, for films, documentaries, video games and new age music.
Unparalleled realism…Pure inspiration
Altus is a unique solo vocal library featuring José Hernández Pastor, a countertenor with a magnificent expression and a truly beautiful and unique voice. Altus is aimed at easily creating your own ultra-realistic melodies, without using any phrases. Altus offers a powerful and innovative word builder which combines 26 words (136 elements including words and their syllables) with 5 true legato and portamento vowels (a, e, i, o, u) All at your fingertips in one patch.
- 5 different true legatos and portamenti (a, e, i, o, u).
- Powerful word builder with words, 2 different articulations (fast and slow speeds).
- Words can be splitted to offer a total of 136 words/syllables.
- Words can be combined with true legato vowel playing while the corresponding vowel is automatically selected.
- 130 beautiful phrases.
- 15 soundscapes, created from vocal samples.
- Dry recordings, allow you to set the reverb amount exactly to you needs.
The sample library is available from Best Service for MSRP 149 EUR / £119 GBP / $175 USD. Powered by Native Instruments Kontakt Player.
More information: Best Service / Altus