Rattly And Raw has announced The Stupidly huge toy pianos and friends, a toy piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Toy pianos are usually limited to being a great little additional tinkly instrument, but with usually only a few keys, a simple additional colour at best!
Not for Rattly And Raw…
We were not going to be put off by the annoyingly small key range of real toy pianos! We loved the sound and wanted to expand the tiny key-range of this childish characterful sound into, well, a huge key-range of childish characterful sound.
So we did…
Two massive 5 octave toy pianos constructed from genuine toy piano recordings, loose tines, prepared piano recordings, celeste recordings, multiple mic positions, convolution based body resonance and lots of tweaking.
The Stupidly huge toy pianos & friends features
- Two multisampled FIVE OCTAVE toy piano instruments.
- Controls to mix between different mic options and layers.
- Lofi/fx controls.
- 2 custom made convolution reverbs.
- Velocity manager (super useful for dialling in performance data).
- 2 multisampled concert celestes with loads of controls and options.
- 4 other bonus instruments including two toy pianos, a set of suspended tines and a basic prepared piano.
- Over 3GB of samples (uncompressed).
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of £20 GBP.
More information: Rattly And Raw / Stupidly huge toy pianos & friends
Sonokinetic has announced the release of The Carnival, a virtual barrel organ instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Ever since we recorded and produced ‘Carousel’ several years ago, we’ve been hearing so many positive reactions about it, and about the need for ‘couleur locale’ like this. Loving Carousel as much as we do, we decided to do an encore, a sequel if you wish. We infused this new instrument with a lot of the things we’ve learned and perfected over the years. Our scripting mastermind Ken Black added an ingenious script to glue it all together and make it feel and play as it should in proper Sonokinetic fashion.
For the recording we went back to Hilversum in the Netherlands and booked the same studio we used for Celesta. We teamed up with A.W. de Vogel, who comes from a long lineage of prolific organ-men in the lowlands. He brought along two of his most cherished barrel organs, a small hand operated one, and a larger one powered by an electric motor, that we barely got through the studio entrance.
The Carnival features
- 470 MB sample pool, 850+ samples (44.1 kHz, 24-bit NCW format).
- Big and Small organs with 4 registers respectively.
- Organ percussion and sampled Tremolo for the large organ.
- Octave Doubling.
- Automatic Tempo-synced trills (major and minor).
- Tempo-synced runs in 5 scales.
- ‘The Carnival’ Bespoke Reverb.
- Sampled Bellows Noise.
- Custom designed interface.
- Open Kontakt format for complete user customisation (Kontakt 4.2.4 or 5 full version only, NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player).
The library is available to purchase for 69.90 EUR.
More information: Sonokinetic / The Carnival
Wavesfactory has released version 2.0 of its Ukulele Strum virtual instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We first launched “Ukulele Strum” on August, 2012. It had no GUI and no scripting but it quickly became a great success because of its simplicity and good sound.
Now we update it to version 2.0, featuring:
- 2 mapping options.
- Doubler with spread and delay controls.
- Imaging, mono mode and stereo flip.
- FX: EQ and reverb.
- Screen in where you can see the direction of the hand.
- Screen in where you can see the direction and type of chord.
The library is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR. Previous customers can get the update for free.
More information: Wavesfactory / Ukulele Strum
unEarthed Sampling has launched Siege Drum, a collection of cinematic and epic medieval multi-sampled drums for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Whether a dragon is attacking a town, or a squad of archers are releasing a hellfire of arrows on to a castle… SIEGE DRUM should be in your composing arsenal to help up the drama of your music! Our third release brings a cost effective set of cinematic / epic drum multisamples to your composing palette perfect for your next film or game score.
For SIEGE DRUM we have recorded a large 13 x 13 Medieval Davul Drum in both a studio setting for extremely dry recordings as well as in an old late 19th century hall built in 1896 giving the recordings a very unique and nice sense of space.
Siege Drum features
- Recordings of a large 13″ x 13″ old medieval drum.
- Recorded in a dry studio setting and in a large hall built in 1896.
- The drum was recorded being struck by
- A traditional large leather mallet.
- Traditional drum sticks.
- A Rottan (traditionally used with frame drums).
- 4 x RR for each hit and up to 5 velocity layers.
- Close to 500 unique samples.
- Additional fx / rolls patches.
- Highly (and easily) tweakable GUI.
The library costs $39 USD. A 30% introductory discount is offered for the first week.
More information: unEarthed Sampling / Siege Drum
Atom Hub has launched Cryptar, a free sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
I found some samples of my acoustic guitar and felt there is time to make some lib to say thanks to my supporters, but also to enrich the world of freebies, we all love.
If some of you feel like “this is EXACTLY what I was looking for !” :-D I have made an option to make a donation available.
- 24 bit / 44,1 kHz.
- 96.3 MB (45 single wav files, 24 bit / 44,1 kHz).
- 11 nki files.
- Acoustic guitar samples.
- 3X fake round robins.
- Kind of a guitar/piano/stringy character with omnipresent sound defects.
The library is a free download from Atom Hub.
More information: Atom Hub / Cryptar
Wave Alchemy has introduced Digital Revolution, an upcoming drum machine instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
An early screenshot of the instruments GUI of Digital Revoltion.
Since the release and subsequent update of Transistor Revolution MKII we have been busy behind the scenes working on a brand new instrument which is inspired by the classic digital drum machines of the past…
Powered by ‘Revolution Engine’ technology our forthcoming Digital Revolution virtual instrument puts vintage digital drum sounds from the 1980′s at your fingertips.
We have faithfully captured the unique sound of 9 iconic digital drum machines spanning from 1980 to 1989, including all sample variations of the original drum machines, tune, decay and various other settings. Each drum sound has also been re-sampled multiple times through an iconic ‘grey’ 12-bit sampler to allow for real-time re-sample/grit modes which can easily be selected from the instrument interface.
Digital Revolution features
- 9 classic digital drum machines and 3 bonus analogue machines.
- New ‘Character Mode’ allowing real-time selection of Lo-Fi (re-sampled), Hi-Fi and Original sound sources.
- Sequence patterns quickly and easily using the ‘Revolution Engine’ step sequencer.
- Mix and match drum sounds from 12 iconic drum machines in real-time and dynamically browse any available sound either by machine or drum voice.
- Assign the same percussion sound to multiple voices to quickly play and sequence melodic patterns.
- Easy synchronization with any host or DAW.
More information: Wave Alchemy
SampleTekk has released White Grand MkII, a virtual piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Since the samplers has been become more advanced and the White Grand still are one of our most popular pianos, we decided to bring it up to date and add some functions in the line of the original ideas.
We also added hammerback and pedalnoise samples. Then we added our True Resonance feature and used Kontakts scripting facilities to make Real Time/True Pedaling, Sympathetic Resonance and some other nifty features, and, Voila: The White Grand MkII
White Grand MkII features
- 16 velocity levels.
- More the 9000 samples.
- TimeVel Release Technology.
- Sympathetic Resonance.
- Controllable volume for key/pedal noise.
- Controllable volume for Sympathetic Resonance and True Resonance.
- 24 bit 44.1 stereo samples.
The White Grand MkII is available to purchase for the introductory price of $79 USD (MSRP $149 USD). The upgrade for White Grand owners is $30 USD.
More information: SampleTekk / White Grand MkII
Prodyon has released Shortnoise, an instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Shortnoise comes with its own custom scripted GUI that allows access to most common parameters quick and easily. It also features a 3×32 step-sequencer.
The Instruments and Multis in SHORTNOISE have been designed to be instantly play- and enjoyable.
The SHORTNOISE Multis can be seen as short Performances. Every Multi is like a song in itself and a possible songstarter.
Almost every Instrument in SHORTNOISE has been developed to deliver authentic playability with dynamics and expression, using velocity, the pitchbend and modulation wheel.
- Over 300 Instruments and 150 Multis.
- Includes Ambient (13), Arpeggiator (22), Bass (25), Keys (23), Loop (27), Pad (33), Percussion (33), SoundFX (52), String (13), Synthesizer (56), Vox (6).
- 11.137 source WAV files (44.1k/16-bit).
- 20 custom Impulse Responses.
- Over 6GB of sample content.
Shortnoise is available to purchase for the introductory price of $49.99 USD until March 31st, 2014 (MSRP $99.99 USD). Requires full version of Kontakt 4 or 5.
More information: Prodyon / Shortnoise