, instrument plugins
, Speak and Spell
Posted in news
on Dec 08, 2010
Necromare has released another batch of free sample-based VST instruments for Windows.
New Necromare plugins
- Dante’s Power Chords – A simple collection of muted and open powerchords. The keys are velocity triggered for each sound. On either end of the keys you will find guitar sounds mixed with demonic growls.
- Deep Space Explorer – Great for space or ambient music this VST comes with instruments to make a complete song, all accessed via a drop down menu.
- Bang – a collection of everyday obects in a percussive form. Drum map for easy navigation included.
- Broken Toy – Old toy gets new life as circuit bent instrument.
- Jazz Trumpet – Great solo instrument in its own right. Velocity sensitive, including muted trumpet and fx.
- Bongoes – The lower registers are a set of dry bongos, the upper keys are wet.
- Celtic Harp – A very pretty version of this beatiful irish instrument. sound great with soom room reverb.
- Koto – This graceful instrument is reproduced here.
- Mandolin – Exotic instrument with a nice string sound. Try and replicating the style of this instrument warning: Keep the sustain low.
- Turntable – Recordings of various sounds from a turntable. Keyboard map included.
- The Audience – Foley sounds, including laughter, boos, stomps and cheering.
- Bent Furbie – Various bent phrases and effects scattered along the keyboard. Great if you into glitch or Bent music. The controls are represented as small dots.
- PONG! – the simple but memorable blip sound from the PONG arcade video game.
- Speak and Teach – 8 octaves of samples from speak and spell toys, great for dance, electro, art, industrial, glitch…
These Necromare plug-ins are available to download at no cost.
More information: Necromare
Impact Soundworks has announced the release of Koto Nation: Classical Instruments of Japan, a koto, bass koto and shamisen library for Kontakt, featuring world-class performer Masayo Ishigure.
We created Koto Nation out of a desire to see traditional Japanese instruments receive a deep, thorough sampling treatment, much like our acclaimed North Indian sample library Sitar Nation. While there are a handful of libraries which include samples of the koto and shamisen, they feature only the most basic articulations and few (if any) velocities or round robins. To our knowledge, the bass koto has never been sampled at all! Given the popularity of the shakuhachi and taiko in many Western film soundtracks, we wanted to allow film composers, hobbyist producers, ethnomusicologists, anime fans and everyone in between access to these classic instruments and complete the repertoire of traditional Japanese sounds available.
This library includes a massive number of samples spanning a wide variety of both traditional and extended playing techniques all recorded by koto legend Masayo Ishigure (Memoirs of a Geisha). We’re confident that this is, without a doubt, the most comprehensive koto, bass koto and shamisen library ever to be released!
Koto Nation features
- World-class performances.
- Up to 8x round robins and 5x dynamic layers.
- Traditional and contemporary techniques.
- Close and room mic positions.
- Special FX patches.
- Nearly 9gb of unlocked, 24bit audio.
Koto Nation for Kontakt is available to purchase for $99 USD.
More information: Impact Soundworks / Koto Nation