Point Blank is offering you a chance to win a pair of Generation 2 Rokit 5 speakers by KRK.
The Point Blank YouTube Channel is the central hub for all our free tutorials. There you’ll find hundreds of videos providing expert advice about music production, sound design and DJing from our team of pro producer tutors and regular guest artists.
The best way to ensure you don’t miss anything is to subscribe to the channel and thanks to our friends at KRK and Focusrite we are giving away a pair of KRK RP 5 G2 Speakers (worth £250) to one lucky subscriber!
To be entered into the prize draw just subscribe to the Point Blank Youtube channel by Tuesday 23rd October 2012… it’s that simple!
The winner will be drawn at random and announced on Wednesday 24th October 2012.
More information: Point Blank / KRK Competition
KRK Systems has introduced the Rokit RP10-3, a mid-field three-way monitor system.
Designed to deliver full range professional performance in a mid-field monitor package, the ROKIT RP10-3 breaks both performance and price barriers to give commercial and private studios the creative edge for critical listening environments. The integrated low frequency driver and cabinet design deliver true bass response down to 35Hz to yield an enhanced low end experience not found with other mid-field monitors. The ROKIT RP10-3 also offers a unique rotatable tweeter/midrange speaker mount plate that ensures accurate acoustic alignment for vertical and horizontal installation, making it at home in any studio.
Rokit RP10-3 features
- True 3-Way Design enabling the most important part of the frequency spectrum to be reproduced by a separate midrange driver, resulting in an incredibly neutral midrange response.
- Axis Control – The monitors can be placed and positioned vertically and horizontally without losing proper axis orientation.
- Mid-Field – The Rokit RP10-3 is a mid-field monitor, with the optimal operating distance of 1m-4m depending on preference, room size, geometry, orientation, and configuration.
- Curved Baffle virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing Port is shape optimized to reduce turbulence and reduce boundary coupling.
- Tweeter Waveguide design provides amazing detail and imaging by optimizing directivity and phase response.
- 1″ Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter This tweeter design utilizes a silk dome for detailed high frequency reproduction.
- Ferro fluid Damping / Cooling The properties of ferro-fluid are used to control distortion and heat dissipation of the tweeter.
- Glass Aramid Composite creates very rigid Woofer and Midrange cones for excellent transient response and accurate vocal reproduction.
- KRK High Efficiency Tri-Amp a triple amplification system provides discrete low-distortion power for each driver. While our active three-way crossover systems provide smooth and accurate frequency response.
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection to prevent damage.
- Volume Control on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range from -30 dB to +6 dB.
- HF Control enables adjustment of high frequency output most commonly affected by room acoustics.
- LF Control enables adjustment of low frequency output most commonly affected by room acoustics.
- Total Connectivity – The Rokit RP10-3 is fitted with dedicated balanced XLR, and¼” Line inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs.
More information: KRK Systems / Rokit RP10-3
KRK Systems has announced the release of firmware and software updates for the class-leading ERGO.
Released in 2008, the popular ERGO (Enhanced Room Geometry Optimization) is a stand-alone hardware room correction system that corrects recording studio acoustics and is compatible with all recording and monitoring systems. The state-of-the-art ERGO improves any studio mixing space by correcting for “real world” acoustic problems. In addition to firmware and software updates, KRK ERGO now offers support for Microsoft® Windows® 7 (64 and 32-bit) and Apple® Mac OSX Snow Leopard® operating systems, making it fully compatible with all major operating systems used in recording and production.
“We have been amazed at the response to ERGO, and in particular the RoomPerfect™ algorithm from Lyngdorf Audio. This method of room correction stand head and shoulders against anything else offered in the recording and broadcast sector. The new firmware ensures the compatibility with new and future revisions of operating systems and extends this fantastic solution to all.” says Timothy Dorwart, CEO for The Stanton Group.
As an audio interface ERGO not only provides room correction, but four monitor outputs, a headphones output, a pair of analog line inputs and an S/PDIF input. The new firmware/software updates also allow the recording source to be dynamically switched between the analog and digital inputs. ERGO’s documentation has been updated to highlight the possibilities of ERGO as both an audio interface with built in room correction, or a stand-alone system which can be integrated onto the back end of any existing audio hardware. ERGO is capable of correcting two sets of studio monitors or a full 2.1 system with discrete control of the subwoofer. The room correction can correct both the sweet spot and the entire room, and the user can dynamically switch between the two when others are in the room.”
ERGO utilizes the RoomPerfect algorithm licensed from what is considered to be the authority on room correction, Lyngdorf Audio. Developed in Denmark this state-of-the-art technology uses highly complex test tones, multiple measurements and over one thousand EQ points to control the audio environment. The system can derive data on room modes, power response, directivity and LF roll-off, which other modes of correction do not account for.
More information: KRK Systems / ERGO
KRK has announced the KNS-6400 and KNS-8400, two products in a new series of professional headphones.
Similar in purpose and design philosophy to all KRK products, both the KNS-6400 and KNS-8400 provide honest reproduction that will benefit studio engineers, studio musicians, producers and avid music fans alike. The KNS headphones provide the same qualities that users of KRK speakers and subwoofers have benefitted from for 25 years; namely, sonic accuracy, transparency and consistency. Now you can enjoy the same KRK engineering, innovation and voicing philosophy when using headphones.
KNS-6400 / KNS-8400 features
- Voiced to remain true to the character of KRK’s class leading studio monitors, developed with 25 years of years of experience in studio sound.
- The latest reference quality frequency response for closed-back, circum-aural dynamic headphones.
- Newly developed headphone acoustical system bringing a new level of headphone performance for the first time.
- Utilizing the latest in acoustic memory foam technology ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.
- A new standard in headphone comfort, even over extended periods of use, designed to avoid feeling uncomfortable during long sessions. The special foam conforms to the ear to help ensure an improved fit.
- Exceedingly accurate, natural and wide frequency response.
- Large dynamic range with extremely consistent low-distortion detail and clarity.
- Extended low frequency definition, ensures the bass component of your music is accurately reproduced, and is not lost.
- Transparent reproduction of high-frequencies, resulting in highly accurate imaging.
- High-efficiency Neodymium 40mm driver.
- High durability 2.5m single-sided straight cable with oxygen-free copper wires.
- Adjustable, foldable driver enclosures provide comfort and portability.
- Replaceable cable, head, and ear cushions to ensure long product life.
- Soft carrying case embossed with the KRK logo for travelling engineers, or storage when not in use.
- 1/4″ jack plug can be unscrewed to reveal a 1/8” plug for laptops and portable media players.
The KNS-6400 is available for a suggested US selling price of $99 USD, the KNS-8400 is $149 USD.
More information: KRK Systems / KNS headphones
KRK has announced the VXT4W, audio monitors that offer music/movie aficionados and
passionate gamers professional-grade sonic precision in a compact and affordable package.
As the migration of music, movies and gaming continues to move from traditional forms such as CD and DVD to downloaded files, more and more entertainment is being enjoyed at personal computers. Having the ability to listen to music and other media on your computer using the same type of professional-grade monitors used in recording studios around the world is now within reach! KRK’s VXT4w Studio Monitors allow you hear every nuance and subtlety across the entire dynamic audio range—so that you can hear what you’ve been missing.
“This is the computer audio monitor for those who really care about their music,” offered Tim Dorwart, CEO of The Stanton Group, parent company to KRK. “Those that watch movies or are computer-based gamers will be thrilled at the sound quality that these small monitors deliver. Listening to music at a computer is the equivalent of a recording engineer working at a console where the speakers are in close proximity, i.e. “near-field” monitoring. Being paired with a computer on a desk or workstation is the ideal application for KRK’s VXT4w given its compact form factor. The monitor’s high-headroom allows the user to experience sonic clarity across the entire audio spectrum—with an affordable price tag!”
- 1″ Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeter.
- 4″ Woven Kevlar Woofer.
- 45 Watt Bi-amplified Design with Active Crossover.
- Curved Front Panel for Enhanced Imaging.
- Limiter with Defeat (and front panel indicator).
- Ground Lift Switch.
- Auto Mute Feature Reduces Power Use When No Signal Is Detected.
- Peak SPL: 114dB.
- Frequency Response: 59Hz – 22kHz +/- 2dB.
- Protective Switch Covers.
The VXT4w is available exclusively at select Best Buy stores as well as BestBuy.com, priced at $249.99 USD.
More information: KRK Systems / VXT4w
Related: Acoustic Energy
, effect plugins
, Jeroen Breebaart
Posted in news
on Aug 25, 2009
Jeroen Breebaart has announced the release of Isone Pro, a binaural simulator plug-in for Windows.
The perfect listening room… Many have experienced the difficulty to realize a listening environment free of standing waves, undesirable reflections, the perfect reverb time, perfect loudspeaker placement with a flat frequency response, and without any disturbance for others.
With Isone pro, the perfect listening room can now be experienced simply using a high-quality headphones. Allowing for full control over loudspeaker cabinet size, loudspeaker distance, and room reverb time, the virtual listening room can be fully customized.
Isone Pro features
- Zero latency processing.
- Low CPU load.
- Sample rate support up to 384 kHz.
- Customizable HRTFs.
- Customizable listening room and distance.
- ‘Listen next door’ feature.
- Wide variety of included loudspeaker models: Acoustic Energy AE2, Auratone 5C, Avi Pro9, KRK V8, PMC LB-1, Roland DS50A, Tannoy Reveal, Yamaha NS10M, Laptop speakers, Portable music player, Flatpanel TV.
Isone Pro is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows PC for 20 EUR.
More information: Jeroen Breebaart