KV331 Audio has announced the release of BigTone Signature Sounds Volume 1, a new preset expansion bank for the SynthMaster software synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
This new preset bank, created by BigTone, features the classic BigTone signature sounds, mostly in Bass, Sequence and Pad categories.
BigTone Signature Sounds Vol 1 features
- 50 presets, in the following categories:
- 3 Arp.
- 9 Bass.
- 8 Bass/Sequence.
- 8 FX.
- 1 Flute.
- 1 Keys.
- 10 Pad.
- 1 Drum/Percussion.
- 5 Sequence.
- 2 Vocal/Pad.
The soundset is available to purchase for $12 USD during KV331 Audio’s 20% OFF Spring Sale until April 30th, 2013.
More information: KV331 Audio / BigTone Signature Sounds Vol 1
KV331 Audio has updated its SynthMaster software synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 2.6.
SynthMaster is an ‘all-around’ semi-modular software synthesizer and effect plug-in that features many different synthesis methods including VA, Additive, Wavetable, Wavescanning, Phase Modulation, Frequency Modulation, Pulse Width Modulation, Ring Modulation, Amplitude Modulation, Physical Modeling and SFZ Sample Playback synthesis.
With its multi-synthesis oscillators, analog modelled/digital filters, flexible effects routing with 11 types of high quality effects and a massive modulation architecture with 95 separate modulation sources and 650+ modulation targets; SynthMaster is a ‘must-have’ for all synthesizer enthusiasts!
Changes in SynthMaster v2.6
- Support for SynthMasterCM and SynthMasterBE presets: SynthMaster now reads SynthMasterCM and SynthMasterBE presets. Also, SynthMaster users can download the online presets submitted by SynthMasterCM and SynthMasterBE users.
- MIDI Output: Synthmaster now outputs the MIDI data generated by its arpeggiators on layers 1 and 2.
- 250 New Factory Presets: SynthMaster CM and SynthMaster BE factory presets (130) along with Rob Lee’s new factory presets (114) have been added to the factory content of SynthMaster, increasing the total presets count to 750.
- Demo Restrictions Updated: The demo version of SynthMaster now contains 300 factory presets, and the demo timeout duration has been increased to 15 minutes.
- User Preset Folders: SynthMaster now remembers the folders used to save the user presets.
- Easy Parameter Assignments: The auto-assign algorithm for easy parameters have been improved in version 2.6.
- MIDI Sequence Imports: The arpeggiator can now import MIDI files that contains triplet notes as well.
SynthMaster for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase starting at $59 USD.
More information: SynthMaster
Computer Music Magazine has launched another competition, offering ten copies of KV331 AUdio’s SynthMaster 2.5 synthesizer plug-in.
For Computer Music 176′s competition, we’ve teamed up with KV331 Audio to give away TEN copies of their awesome SynthMaster 2.5 virtual synth, each worth $129!
SynthMaster 2.5 received a perfect 10/10 score and a Performance award in cm174′s review. It’s an incredibly well thought-out synth, with tons of features, an intuitive design, and an utterly fantastic sound.
Entry details at http://bit.ly/cmsmcompo – Deadline is 2 April 2012. Due to competition laws, only UK/US residents aged 18+ can enter.
More information: Computer Music Magazine
KV331 Audio has announced the Rob Lee EDM Expansion Pack 1 soundset for the SynthMaster virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The expansion pack contains 100 new high quality presets designed by Rob Lee, in the following categories:
- 7 Arps.
- 17 Basses.
- 13 Chords.
- 24 Leads.
- 19 Pads.
- 1 Pluck.
- 14 Sequences.
- 5 Synths.
Rob Lee EDM Expansion Pack 1 is available to purchase for registered users of SynthMaster 2.5, priced at $25 USD. During February, this expansion pack is bundled with new SynthMaster 2.5 ‘Standard’ license purchases.
More information: KV331 Audio
KV331 Audio has released version 2.5 of SynthMaster, a semi-modular synthesizer and effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With version 2.5, SynthMaster becomes a cross-platform plug-in running on Windows (32/64 bits) and Mac OSX (32 bits) operating systems in VST and AU formats.
The latest version comes with 400 new factory presets, while introducing new filter types, improved filter algorithms with pre/inside/post distortion routings, stereo oscillators with improved unison, vector synthesis with 2D envelopes, sample playback (SFZ) synthesis, improved arpeggiator, improved modulation architecture, improved easy parameters, online preset browser, multiple skins, flexible effects routing, improved effects as well as 3 new effects: Phaser, Ensemble and Compressor.
Changes in SynthMaster v2.5
- Cross-platform VST & AU: SynthMaster 2.5 now runs as a VST instrument/effect on both Windows and Mac OSX, and as an Audio Unit instrument/effect on Mac OSX.
- 400 New Factory Presets: SynthMaster 2.5 comes with 400 new factory presets from a world class team of sound designers: BigTone, Ümit ‘Insigna’ Uy, Frank ‘Xenox’ Neumann, Teoman Pasinlioglu, Mr Shoufuku and Brian ‘Xenos’ Lee.
- Improved Filter Algorithms: The ‘analog’ filter models have been improved to better model the analog ladder filter. The ‘digital’ filters on the other hand have been rewritten from scratch for better VA sound.
- Before/After/Inside Filter Distortion: Custom distortion stage added into the filters so that signals can be distorted before, after or even inside the filter. With this flexibility, it is now possible to create screaming sounds using the filters in SynthMaster.
- ‘Multimode’ Filters: With the new ‘multimode’ filter type, it is now possible to switch from Lowpass to Bandpass to Highpass filter types continously using the ‘filter mode’ parameter. For analog multimode filters, it is even possible to change the slope of the filter continously from 0 db/oct to 24 db/oct using the ‘continous slope’ parameter.
- ‘Dual’ Filters: With the new ‘dual’ filter type, it is now possible to run two multimode filters simultaneously, either in parallel, or in series. The mix ratios between the filters, and the topology (parallel/series) between them can be changed continuosly, as well as the modes and cutoff frequencies of the filters.
- Vector Synthesis: A new ‘vector’ oscillator type has been added to add support for vector synthesis in SynthMaster.
- 2D Envelopes: A new envelope generator type called “XY envelope” is added, so that line segments between points in 2 dimensions can be used to generate 2 dimensional envelope signals. XY Envelopes can be used not only for modulating “vector” oscillator x/y indexes, but also for all other voice parameters within SynthMaster.
- Sample Playback (SFZ) Synthesis: A new “sample playback” oscillator type has been added so that SFZ files can be played back. It is also possible with version 2.5 to generate SFZ files by dragging and dropping multiple WAV/AIFF samples onto an oscillator waveform display.
- Stereo Oscillators with Improved Unison: Oscillators in SynthMaster 2.5 have now stereo output. With the new “voices”, “pan spread” and “detune spread” parameters, each basic/wavescanning oscillator can have its own unison settings which eliminates the need to enable unison for all voice elements.
- Improved Arpeggiator: The number of steps in the arpeggiator is increased to 32, while classic arpeggiator modes such as up, down, updown, downup and as played are added as well. Drag and drop of MIDI files onto the arpeggiator display is also possible now so that monophonic/polyphonic sequences can be imported into the arpeggiator.
- Improved Modulation Architecture: The modulation architecture has been vastly improved, so that now there are 3 modulation sources available for each modulation target. A modulation matrix with 64 slots is also added. The matrix has filtering as well so that targets for a specific source, or sources for a specific target can be filtered and shown on the user interface.
- Improved Easy Parameters: The easy parameters can now be globally linked to MIDI controllers, and they can be assigned automatically by SynthMaster.
- Online Preset Browser: Registered users can now upload their own presets to the online preset library, or browse and download presets created by other registered users; using the preset browser right inside the plug-in UI.
- Multiple Skins: SynthMaster 2.5 comes with 3 different skins in different color variations. Using the included user interface editor, users can not only customize the existing skins but also can create their own custom interfaces as well.
- Flexible Effects Routing: With version 2.5, there is no more the differentiation of layer/global effects. Each effect can be inserted on a layer or on one of the 2 global effect buses.
- Better Reverb: The reverb effect in SynthMaster 2.5 has been improved and now it is a high quality reverb with advanced parameters such as 2 band EQs for early/late reflections, early/late mix ratios, damping control, distance and room size.
- Better Delay: The delay effect in SynthMaster has been improved and now it contains a 2 band EQ and a custom distortion curve to filter and distort the delayed input signal.
- Better Distortion: The distortion effect in SynthMaster has been improved and now it contains 2 band EQs before/after the distortion stage and a custom distortion curve as well.
- New Effects: 3 new effecs are added to SynthMaster: 4/8/12/16 stage Phaser, 2-8 voice Ensemble, and Peak Compressor.
SynthMaster 2.5 is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD until October 15th, 2011 (regular $129 USD). Academic licensing is also available for students, teachers and academics for $59 USD.
Following the release of SynthMaster 2.5, KV331 Audio will start releasing preset expansions for different genres. The first expansion pack will be Rob Lee’s House/EDM expansions, scheduled for release by the end of November 2011.
More information: KV331 Audio