Dynaudio Professional has announced the M3VE, a main monitoring solution which combines world-class driver and cabinet technology from Dynaudio Professional with cutting-edge amplification and signal processing from Lab.gruppen and Lake.
M3VE takes monitoring to a whole new level with a significant upgrade from its predecessor – the renowned M3A 3-way monitor. To top it off, the speakers are powered by a four-channel Lab.gruppen PLM10000Q amplifier, using the integrated, active crossover between LF and MF by Lake, while passively filtering the MF/HF cross-over point.
Sporting the newest and most pristine Dynaudio ESOTAR² driver technology, M3VE takes over where most other monitor systems give up. With unsurpassed attention to detail, underpinned by an impressive 22Hz – 21kHz frequency response and beyond 133dB SPL, M3VE leaves no room for desire in terms of resolution, range or sheer power. The only difference between M3XE and M3VE is that the latter is powered by a single Lab.gruppen PLM10000Q amplifier rather than two.
The cutting-edge combination of Lab.gruppen and Lake technology forms the ultimate backing for M3VE and ensures unlimited power and the tools for optimizing any room to become the perfect listening environment.
In short, M3VE surpasses any and all main monitor expectations!
- Natural and Uncolored – Painstakingly Accurate Audio Reproduction.
- Carefully Selected Materials – From Handmade Drivers to First-grade Wood, Cables and Connectors.
- Extremely Powerful – 4,700 W Per Monitor.
- ESOTAR² – Aluminum Voice Coil Technology.
- Heavy Internal Damping – Minimum Cabinet Resonance.
- Protection and Redundancy – Always Reliable.
- Exclusive Lake Processing Algorithms – Raised Cosine Equalization, Linear-phase Crossovers and Limiter Max Loudspeaker Protection.
The M3VE is available for 27,300 USD / 20,300 EUR.
More information: Dynaudio Professional / M3VE
, compressor and limiter
, Dynaudio Acoustics
, TC Electronic
Posted in news
on Jun 08, 2011 - 2 comments
Dynaudio Acoustics has announced the PLM3A, a high-performance monitoring bundle.
The days of deception are over. PLM3A speaks nothing but the truth!
Speaking of the truth and as the saying goes: a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. With that in mind, the PLM3A bundle is the perfect example of how three state-of-the-art elements have been successfully combined to become the ultimate audio monitoring chain. A set of unrivalled Dynaudio Acoustics M3A 3-way monitors is the first link, a Lab.gruppen PLM 10000Q amplifier is the second and cutting-edge Lake and TC Electronic processing is the third link, ensuring that any room can become the perfect listening facility.
- Dynaudio Acoustics M3A – Dynaudio Acoustics has provided audio professionals with first-class monitoring solutions for decades, and the M3A monitors build on that proud tradition, being equipped with extremely clean, dynamic, powerful and reliable speakers in which common problems such as cone break up, thermal compression and phase misalignment have been almost eliminated. The M3A speakers feature a pair of 300mm bass drivers that are perfectly complemented by two 150mm piston midrange drivers, and the high frequencies are accommodated by a high-power version of the 28mm Esotec T-330 DA dome tweeter that is considered the finest dome tweeter available. All of the drivers are ferrofluid cooled, which is a benefit only made possible on low frequency drivers by the use of custom designed ferrofluid compounds applied to very tightly tolerated voice coil gaps – a feature that is absolutely unique to Dynaudio Acoustics.
- Lab.gruppen PLM 10000Q – The PLM 10000Q amplifier delivers an impressive 4 x 2,300 watts at 4 ohms and is based on technology from Lab.gruppen’s highly acclaimed and road-proven FP+ series. PLM 10000Q is based on Lab.gruppen’s patented Class TD amplifier design that offers the proven efficiency of Class D amplification with the amazing, sonic purity of Class B designs, but that is not all. A new circuit provides substantially greater current-carrying capabilities, and the Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) is optimized to deliver full power during long low-frequency bursts as well as maintain stable rail voltages despite fluctuating line voltage. Finally, advanced cross-overs inside the PLM 10000Q feed its four output stages, allowing for optimized RMS and true-peak limiter settings for the lo and mid/hi drivers.
- Lake and TC Electronic processing – Having the perfect monitors and amplifier is one thing. Making them deliver divine audio quality in any room is another – and this is where unique Lake processing makes all the difference. Lab-gruppen’s PLM 10000Q amplifer holds two full-featured Lake Processor modules, each offering precise settings for gain, delay, crossover slope, equalization and limiting that provide unparalleled power to correct, shape and optimize any sound source for any control room. Exclusive Lake Processing algorithms are included for Raised Cosine Equalization, linear phase crossovers, LimiterMax loudspeaker protection, and Iso-Float ground isolation. Raised Cosine Equalization is the foundation for the Lake Mesa EQ and the Ideal Graphic EQ, the two revolutionary EQ interfaces used by the Dolby Lake Processor. Mesa EQ offers asymmetric filtering to match the asymmetric responses of many loudspeaker systems while the Ideal Graphic EQ offers true sum-to-flat response, so the adjustments provide uniform boost and cut along with greater selectivity.
PLM3A is available now for $18,000 USD / 13,950 EUR (ex VAT).
More information: Dynaudio Acoustics / PLM3A