Twisted Tools has announced the release of Morph Board, a free Lemur tool to easily morph anything.
Twisted Tools is celebrating the launch of our new blog where we will be posting frequent news, interviews and free downloads.
To kick things off, we’ve released a free gift called Morph Board. We’ve been using Morph Board internally at Twisted Tools to speed up our sound design workflow and thought it would be fun to share with the community.
Morph Board is a free tool designed by Lemur expert Antonio Blanca to make it easy to store, recall and morph presets using Liine’s Lemur app for the iPad.
With Morph Board, you can store up to 16 presets and morph between them without the need for any scripting knowledge.
Lemur Morph Board is available for download from the Twisted Tools blog.
More information: Twisted Tools / Morph Board
Hans Hafner of Good Loops has released a free Lemur template for the Zebra 2 synthesizer instrument from u-he.
The main panel contains the XY-pads as well as controls for the Envelopes and basic controls for the LFOs.
Yesterday I finally bought Lemur for iPad and WOW. Creating your own setups is so easy compared to other solutions that I tried in the past. So I created a controller surface for Zebra2 in a couple of hours.
The template includes 7 panels, and is available to download from Good Loops at no charge.
More information: Good Loops / Zebra 2 Lemur template
Liine has released version 5.0 of its Lemur controller app for iOS.
Version 5 of Liine’s Lemur app features new sequencing objects, and allows for creating custom objects with the new Canvas object.
Now easier to use than ever, more customisable and with more out-of-the-box functionality. Any software or hardware that receives MIDI or OSC can be controlled by Lemur.
Control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more.
Changes in Lemur v5.0
- New Canvas object for creating custom objects
- 2D drawing, animation and mono/multi-touch support.
- Based on HTML5 Canvas specifications.
- Implemented as standard Lemur scripting.
- 50 new scripting functions.
- New sequencing objects: StepNote, StepSwitch, StepSlider
- Eight internal MIDI clocks, one for each MIDI Target.
- Clocks can run as master or sync to an external source.
- New type of script execution to trigger events based on musical subdivisions.
- New scripting functions for getting/setting clock state and bpm.
- New bundled templates.
- Numerous tweaks and improvements.
Lemur for iOS is available to purchase for $24.99 USD. The update is free for existing Lemur users.
More information: Liine / Lemur
Related: Antonio Blanca
, Si Begg
, Sounds of Revolution
, Twisted Tools
Posted in news
on Jan 15, 2014 - 5 comments
Twisted Tools has announced the release of ULTRALOOP, a first-of-its-kind loop remixing sampler with a fast and intuitive visual workflow for Native Instruments Reaktor.
ULTRALOOP combines advanced loop layering, comping, effect processing and automation techniques to generate new grooves, riffs and song ideas.
You can use ULTRALOOP with the included factory sample library or to remix your own samples, injecting new life into any existing loop library.
At the core of ULTRALOOP is an advanced loop layering engine and sequencer, capable of both layering and comping – a production technique that allows you to flip between layered tracks that are playing back simultaneously, by muting and un-muting slices of each layer.
Up to eight tracks with loops of any BPM can be layered or comped together in real-time and can be further processed using the all-new Gestural FX engine. The Gestural FX engine automatically generates dynamic effect movements that ramp and modulate over time, using a suite of creative effects designed to produce endless fills, articulations and variations.
- Loop Remixing Sampler.
- Advanced layered sampler engine with intuitive interface.
- Visual loop compositing.
- Generative Gestural FX to create fills, articulations and variations.
- FX Sequencer.
- Specialized track sequencer with mono and poly draw modes.
- Layered playback and editing of up to eight tracks simultaneously.
- Independent controls per layer, organized into parameter cells with sliders.
- Automatable Preset Grids per parameter group, with 17 memory slots each.
- 8 Global Scenes per snapshot.
- Preset Grids and Scenes are playable via mouse, MIDI or OSC.
- Extensive randomization options.
- Time and pitch stretching to allow loops with different BPMs.
- Flexible multi-output routing per layer.
- Master Punch control.
- Control nearly every parameter with included iPad Lemur OSC Template by Antonio Blanca.
- 3+ banks of presets.
- 2224 Sound Variations.
- Over 800mb of included factory sample content by from Enig’matik Records, Loopmasters and Sounds of Revolution.
- Optional Expansion Packs by cutting edge artists such as Dusty Fungus, Chris Carter and Si Begg.
ULTRALOOP is available from the Twisted Tools Shop for $69 USD. Requires Reaktor 5 full version. Additional Expansion Loop Packs can be purchased for $19 USD each.
More information: Twisted Tools / Ultraloop
Spektro Audio has introduced the CV Toolkit, a software application for sending CV signals.
CV Toolkit is a standalone application for both Mac and PC that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s module.
The 1.0 version ships with 13 virtual modules that offer different modulation options such as LFO, sequencer, envelope generators, etc.
You can route the output of any of any module to analog outputs, analyzers (LED / Oscilloscope) or even to the input of certain modules (S&H / Biased Switcher / Slew).
CV Toolkit features
- Standalone application – doesn’t require any additional software.
- MIDI Clock – sync it to your favorite DAWs, drum machines, iOS apps and etc.
- Hands-on Experience – control all parameters from you iPad using the Lemur app (native OSC integration).
- Routing Matrix – route signals.
- ScanGraph – a new concept of modulation.
- Biased Switcher – let the program flip a coin and decide how it’s inputs will flow.
- Eight analog outputs – you can use up to eight analog outputs to send signals to your modular synthesizer.
- MIDI In / Out.
- Works on both Mac and PC.
- 64-bit application.
- Clean and simple interface.
- Save and recall patches.
CV Toolkit is available to purchase for the introductory price of $14.99 USD (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Spektro Audio / CV Toolkit
Twisted Tools has announced the release of a free snapbank and sample map for the DRON-E Reaktor ensemble by Antonio Blanca. On behalf of all of us here at Twisted Tools, we’d like to wish … read more
Outbound link: Twisted Tools
– Related: Antonio Blanca
, sound design
, Twisted Tools
Posted in news
on Dec 11, 2013 - 0 comments
Desert Sound Studios has announced the release of Mk-iii, a drum machine instrument for Max for Live, comprising a step-sequencer and drum sample playback module. The MK-iii drum machine from Desert Sound Studios takes a … read more
Outbound link: Desert Sound Studios
– Related: Ableton
, Desert Sound Studios
, drum machine
, Max for Live
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 10, 2013 - 0 comments
Liine has announced the release of LiveControl 2, an Ableton Live controller app for iPad. Control any effect or instrument, anywhere in your Live Set with LiveControl 2. The long-awaited Live iPad controller from Liine … read more
Twisted Tools has announced version 1.5 of S-LAYER, the sample layering sound creation tool for Native Instruments Reaktor. The new update allows users to control S-LAYER from their iPad using high resolution OSC, Liine’s Lemur … read more
Peter Dines has announced version 1.03 of the Chroma and Gris Gris sequencer and synthesizer for Native Instruments Reaktor, which adds a few features and fixes a couple of minor bugs. The Gris-Gris synth now … read more