LePou Plugins has released LeCto, a free guitar amp simulator effect for Windows.
LeCto is a guitar amp simulator inspired by an american modern high gain head. This simulator has 2 channels with 3 modes on each channel. It can go from crunch (raw mode) to modern high gain (modern mode).
LePou Plugins LeCto, inspired by the Mesa Boogie Rectifier
- Up to 8x oversampling.
- Mono/stereo routing.
- Modern, Raw, and Vintage modes.
- Controls for input, drive presence and resonance (the amount of resonance resulting from the interaction with the speaker cabinet, only active on modern mode).
- Low, mid and high frequency controls.
- Note: LeCto is only an amp simulator, so you need to use a cabinet simulator.
LeCto is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows. A non-SSE2 code version is also available.
More information: LePou Plugins / LeCto
LePou Plugins has released LeGion, a high gain preamp simulator for Windows.
This is an original design, it’s not based on any hardware gear. My goal here was to build a high gain sim that doesn’t need any booster in front in order to be tight.
- 2 channels, actually two completely different preamp circuits.
- 2 modes on each channel, rhythm and lead.
- 2 tonestacks assignable to any of the 2 channels.
- Drive and tone controls.
- GUI by requietus.
LeGion is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC. Donations are appreciated.
More information: LePou Plugins / LeGion
LePou Plugins has released LeXTAC, a free effect plug-in inspired by a great Californian boutique amplifier.
LePou Plugins LeXTAC
- Channel 1 (Clean/Yellow) and 2 & 3 (Blue & Red): gain, bass, middle, treble, contour, power amp gain volume, 3 positions pre eq, gain boost.
- All channels have a 3 positions Pre EQ switch: Normal, Bright and Brighter. The higher you set the gain control, the less effect the Pre EQ will have on the sound. All channels also have a gain boost.>/li>
- Channel 2 & 3 have two other switches to give the user different gain/tone:
- The Plexi channel is a lower gain channel than the normal Blue & Red ones. The plexi channel can be assigned to either Channel 2 or 3. Note: structure switch and Gain Boost switch are inactive in Plexi mode.
- The Structure switch is an overall gain reduction switch for Channels 2 & 3. When ON (high position), both channels 2 & 3 have less gain. Obviously, when OFF (down position), the preamp will more gain.
- GUI design by requietus
LeXTAC is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: LePou Plugins / LeXTAC
LePou Plugins has released the LE456, a free amp effect plug-in for Windows.
Here is my latest amp sim. It’s a preamp sim roughly based on a famous German gear. It has 2 channels and 2 modes per channel. Each channels/modes share the same features.
Apart from the usual tone controls (drive, low, mid, high and contour), each channels/modes offer two different tone stacks that can be accessed via the focus switches. Bottom and bright switches can be used to boost the low and the high frequencies respectively. On the low gain channel only (Clean/Crunch), the effectiveness of the bright switch decreases with the gain settings.
The LE456 is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: LePou Plugins / LE456
LePou Plugins has released the HyBrit Series, a collection of free guitar amplifier effect plug-ins for Windows.
This is actually my very first VST project. At that time, I was looking for an amp that has been modeled a lot of time in order to have comparison points. I picked a classic British amp. After some comparisons with my original model, I decided that it was sounding good enough to be send to the testers… but not as is. After all there is a lot of British amp simulators out there. So I tweaked my original model and added another channel to it. It finally ends up as HyBrit.
As the name suggests, this is an hybrid amp model based on two famous British gears. Again, the name of the channel says it all. The PLS channel is actually an hybrid of the two (tweaked) channels (Normal and Treble) of the real thing. Both channels are actually processed and the mix of the two signals can be adjusted through the PLS MIX knob. The other channel, MCJ, is also a tweaked version of the real thing. So, this amp simulator doesn’t represent anything specifically but it does have the character of the British amp.
HyBrit comes in 3 versions (Preamp, Head and FullStack) and is available as a free download.
More information: LePou Plugins
LePou Plugins has released LeCab, a free effect plug-in for Windows.
LeCab v1.0 is simply the IR cab loader of SoloC FullStack with a stereo option.
Here how the stereo option works:
Indpendent Mode : The left signal is processed with Cabinet 1 and the right signal with Cabinet 2. You can position each of the resulting signals with the pan knobs.
Blend Mode : Both signals are processed with each Cabinet. The volume knobs of each cabinet are linked. This time you can position each of the resulting signals with the pan knobs.
It comes with different GUI : two made by me and one made by ThexBucket from GAM.
LeCab 1.0 is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC. Donations are welcome.
More information: LePou Plugins