LePou Plugins has released the HyBrit Series, a collection of free guitar amplifier effect plug-ins for Windows.
This is actually my very first VST project. At that time, I was looking for an amp that has been modeled a lot of time in order to have comparison points. I picked a classic British amp. After some comparisons with my original model, I decided that it was sounding good enough to be send to the testers… but not as is. After all there is a lot of British amp simulators out there. So I tweaked my original model and added another channel to it. It finally ends up as HyBrit.
As the name suggests, this is an hybrid amp model based on two famous British gears. Again, the name of the channel says it all. The PLS channel is actually an hybrid of the two (tweaked) channels (Normal and Treble) of the real thing. Both channels are actually processed and the mix of the two signals can be adjusted through the PLS MIX knob. The other channel, MCJ, is also a tweaked version of the real thing. So, this amp simulator doesn’t represent anything specifically but it does have the character of the British amp.
HyBrit comes in 3 versions (Preamp, Head and FullStack) and is available as a free download.
More information: LePou Plugins
LePou Plugins has released LeCab, a free effect plug-in for Windows.
LeCab v1.0 is simply the IR cab loader of SoloC FullStack with a stereo option.
Here how the stereo option works:
Indpendent Mode : The left signal is processed with Cabinet 1 and the right signal with Cabinet 2. You can position each of the resulting signals with the pan knobs.
Blend Mode : Both signals are processed with each Cabinet. The volume knobs of each cabinet are linked. This time you can position each of the resulting signals with the pan knobs.
It comes with different GUI : two made by me and one made by ThexBucket from GAM.
LeCab 1.0 is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC. Donations are welcome.
More information: LePou Plugins
, Catharsis Studios
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, impulse responses
, LePou Plugins
Posted in news
on Jul 10, 2009
AcmeBarGig has released the Canadian Metal Pack, a collection of freeware VST effect plug-ins for Windows.
AcmeBarGig has teamed up with the legendary LePou and Catharsis Studios to bring you this amazing collaboration.
Canadian Metal Pack features
- AcmeBarGig Preampus Distortus Head – designed for metal players and able to kick out some amazing high gain tones for bone-crushing riffs or searing leads, Preampus Distortus is just plain HEAVY!
- AcmeBarGig RedShift Overdrive, a new concept applied to the much-loved RedShift pickup replacement software, featuring an addeditional overdrive element.
- AcmeBarGig Scar Tube distortion designer, allows you to design a distortion effect by adjusting the settings and bias of it’s four tubes, from a slight gain boost to all-out sonic warfare, Scar gives you the tools to craft an amazing, unique tone.
- Poulin Solo C, three versions: preamp-only, head-only and a full-stack version with two separate cabinets capable of loading any impulse response files.
- Catharsis Studios IR Cabs for Solo C, a fantastic set of impulse response files to ensure you’re ready to get amazing tones from this package as soon as you install it.
The Canadian Metal Pack is available as freeware for Windows PC (VST).
More information: AcmeBarGig
LePou Plugins has released version 1.12 of SoloC, a tube preamp emulation VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
It has 3 channels clean/crunch/overdrive. It doesn’t have power amp nor cabinet model so you need to add one somewhere down your signal chain.
SoloC is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Visit LePou Plugins for a link to download the latest version of SoloC.