Robert Henke has announced the release of LFO 2.0, a free device rack for Ableton Live.
LFO 2.0 is the result of trying to build the best general purpose swiss knife LFO for myself. It needs Ableton Live 9.x with Max4Live installed.
It offers three basic ways of modulating a target: Directly via Live’s engine, (Engine) which disables manual control of the target parameter and is perfect for fast modulations. Or via a method similar to manually turning a knob on the user interface (GUI), which can create automation data when recording.
And, as a third mode it can put out the modulation as audio signal (Audio) which is useful for creating control voltages for analog synthesizers.
The device is a free download at Robert Henke’s website.
More information: Robert Henke / LFO 2.0
Justus Kandzi has announced the Brute LFO, a powerful low frequency oscillator that modulates your analog gear.
If you have a hardware synth that allows you to use external gear to modulate the pitch, the filter, or any other parameter, just plug the Brute LFO into the CV in and start playing.
It consists of three separate LFOs. LFO 1 and 2 can be controlled using the control elements in the top half of the screen. The big knob in he middle sets the rate of both the LFOs. Additionally you can change the waveforms of the LFOs, detune LFO 2 and change its phase. The amount knob in the top half also sets the overall amount of the modulation.
The elements on the bottom half (LFO 3) can be used to modulate the frequency of LFO 1 and 2.
And the brute switch destroys everything!
Bruto LFO for iOS is available to purchase for $3.99 USD.
More information: Justus Kandzi / Brute LFO
Xfer Records has released version 1.2 of LFOTool, an FX utility plug-in for Windows and Mac.
LFOTool offers a multitude of MIDI-triggered and/or tempo-synchronized effects.
The most popular uses of LFOTool are for sidechain-compression simulation/ducking, autopan, trance-gate, phaser/flanger/comb filter FX.
Changes in LFOTool v1.2
- ProTools AAX Support, both 32 and 64 (PT10 and 11).
- Filter frequency plot display, when mouse is over filter section.
- Crossover (lower-right), to optionally only process LF or HF at user-adjustable frequency split.
- Formant Filters.
- Many additional bug fixes.
LFOTool is available to purchase for $49.95 USD.
More information: Xfer Records / LFOTool
Saltline has announced it is offering its Cadence effect plug-in on its Facebook page for a limited time.
This month you can download our first VST effect (Cadence) for free, available now until the end of July.
All you need to do is “like” our page to get your hands on this LFO driven filter and pan effect.
The Cadence VST effect plug-in for Windows is available as a free download for Saltline Facebook fans, throughout July.
More information: Saltline at Facebook
, Audio Damage
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 04, 2013 - 0 comments
Audio Damage has announced the release of Mangleverb, a new multi effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
What happens when you combine a thick reverb, a filter, an envelope follower, an LFO, and a VCA? We wanted to know. The results are surprisingly useful. Mangleverb can be used as a filter, reverb, transient shaper, rhythmic gate, LPF gate, tempo-synced VCA, and any combination thereof. It is, for all intents and purposes, a Swiss Army Knife, for both wild sonic destruction and more utilitarian production work.
Mangleverb is audio damage’s newest multi-effect plug-in for sonic troublemakers.
- Simple-to-use algorithmic reverb that can be either pre- or post-filter/VCA.
- A monster resonant filter model with lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes, and a drive circuit for gritty distortion.
- Sophisticated tempo-synced LFO with waveshaper to create all common (and some uncommon) modulation shapes.
- Envelope follower with internal, LFO, sidechain input, and MIDI trigger modes.
- Feedback path and modulated VCA for final signal taming.
Mangleverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Mangleverb
Saltline has announced the release of Liść-step, a step sequencer/LFO controlled state variable filter effect plug-in for Windows.
Liść-step is a simple state variable filter. The cutoff frequency can be controlled in 2 ways, via the 16 step sequencer or low frequency oscillator. Liść-step allows the user to quickly create modulated filter patterns with ease.
Liść-step is the first effect plug-in in Saltline’s Drzewo series of plug-ins.
- State variable filter
- Low pass, High pass, Band pass, Band reject.
- Frequency cut off.
- Step sequencer (output to filter frequency).
- 16 step sequencer.
- Sequencer rate.
- Step amount.
- Sequence direction (forwards, backwards, back and forth 1 and 2).
- Glide amount.
- Amount to cut off.
- Low frequency oscillator (ouput to filter frequency).
- 5 waveforms (sine, saw, ramp, triangle, square).
- Square waveform width (pulse).
- LFO rate (free or sync to host).
- Wave position.
- Amount to cut off.
Liść-step is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in. Donations are appreciated.
More information: Saltline / Liść-step
New Sonic Arts has updated its Nuance sampler instrument for Windows and Mac to version 1.002.
Nuance proudly stands out against the crowd of complex and cumbersome samplers. In contrast, Nuance’s streamlined and intuitive approach will boost your productivity, while the limitless modulation possibilities will inspire you to create new sounds – fast.
Changes in Nuance v1.002
- Tempo Sync LFO.
- User definable max polyphony (click on voice display).
- CPU load optimisations.
Nuance for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 49 EUR until March 31st, 2013 (regular 70 EUR).
More information: New Sonic Arts / Nuance
sonicLAB has released version 2.1 of the Cosmosƒ, a stochastic synthesis tool for Windows and Mac.
Cosmosƒ, an advanced stochastic synthesizer offering elegant sound design possibilities with precision and real time operations, suggesting a new paradigm in sound synthesis while extending its polyphonic structure.
Cosmosƒ 2.1 comes with new LFO waveforms.
Changes in Cosmosƒ v2.1
- Wide range of new LFO waveforms from harmonic oscillators to different types of stochastic waveforms, all with pristine quality of audio results.
- The sample playback engine allows backwards or randomly directed sample playback
- The presets engine is rewritten and allows text based handling.
- Many tiny improvements on the user interface for better handling of the sofware.
- Cosmosƒ V2.1 audio routines are solid and stable, to run safely your installation days long.
Cosmosƒ is available to purchase for Windows and Mac, priced at 89 EUR.
More information: sonicLAB