Cableguys has released MidiShaper, an modulation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Powered by Curve’s unique modulations engine, MidiShaper brings Curve’s flexible yet powerful LFOs and envelopes to all your favorite synthesizers and effects.
- Four LFOs and four envelope generators work together in a sophisticated modulations matrix that can be set up to output modulated pitch, modwheel, channel aftertouch or any MIDI control messages.
- MidiShaper’s LFOs can run infinitely or be retriggered, synced to your host sequencer from a buzzy 1/128 to an expansive 32 bars, set to the played note, or run from 0.02 Hz up to the audible range and brain frequency. Like Curve, MidiShaper features completely editable waveforms for its LFOs.
- If your plugin or host sequencer allows for MIDI control, you have a great tool at hand to create vivid, inspiring sounds and bring the flexibility of Curve to your favorite software plugins, hardware synthesizers, MIDI VJ tools, lighting consoles and 1980′s MIDI keyboards.
MidiShaper for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 10 EUR / $15 USD until August 23 August, 2011 (regular 20 EUR / $30 USD). It is also included in the Cableguys Bundle (Curve, FilterShaper 2, VolumeShaper 2, MidiShaper) for 149 EUR / $199 USD.
More information: Cableguys / MidiShaper
Cableguys has released version 1.0b2 of MidiShaper, a MIDI modulation plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Enhance your synths and effects with MidiShaper. Powered by Curve’s unique modulations engine, MidiShaper brings Curve’s flexible yet powerful LFOs and envelopes to all your favorite synthesizers and effects.
Changes in MidiShaper v1.0b2
- Additional information texts.
- Two bugfixes for beat-synced modes and EGs.
MidiShaper v1.0b2 is available for public beta testing for Windows and Mac (VST).
More information: Cableguys / MidiShaper
Cableguys has released a public beta of MidiShaper, an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Enhance your synths and effects with MidiShaper. Powered by Curve’s unique modulation engine, MidiShaper brings Curve’s flexible yet powerful LFOs and envelopes to all your favorite synthesizers and effects.
Four powerful LFOs and four envelope generators work together in a sophisticated modulations matrix which can be set up to output modulated pitch, modwheel, channel aftertouch or any MIDI control messages.
MidiShaper’s LFOs can be ever-running or retriggered, synced to your host sequencer from a buzzy 1/128 to an expansive 32 bars, set to the played note, or free-running from 0.02 Hz up to the audible range and brain frequency. Just as Curve, MidiShaper features completely editable waveforms for its LFOs.
If your plugin or host sequencer allows for MIDI control, you have a great tool at hand to create vivid, inspiring sounds, and bring the flexibility of Curve to your favorite software plugins or hardware synths.
Public beta v1.0b1 is now available to download for Windows and Mac (VST, 32-bit/64-bit).
MidiShaper will be available for €10 EUR/$15 USD for a short while after release. The regular price is €20 EUR/$30 USD.
More information: Cableguys / MidiShaper
Posted in news
on Jun 16, 2011 - 1 comment
Moog has announced the Moogerfooger MF-108M Cluster Flux, a new analog fx processor.
Expansive functionality combined with warm, analog sound come from the state-of-the-art all-analog circuitry. Musical, flexible, playable, and durable, the Cluster Flux is capable of providing classic flanging, chorusing, and vibrato effects, but is also capable of a much wider range of modulated delay line effects than traditional stomp boxes in this class due to the wide range of the front panel controls, the multi-waveform LFO, as well as CV and MIDI Control.
The MF-108M Cluster Flux is more powerful than traditional chorus/flange effects offering musicians the added modulation of multiple LFO waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Square, Saw, Ramp and Random, to create many kinds of new modulated BBD Delay effects. MIDI IN allows control of Delay Time, Range, Feedback, Output Level, LFO Waveform, LFO Rate, LFO Amount and Mix.
MF-108M Cluster Flux features
- The ability to sync LFO modulation effects to MIDI Clock or Tap Tempo.
- The ability to control Delay Time w/ MIDI Notes for “tuned” flanger comb-filter effects.
- CV control of Delay Time, LFO Rate, Feedback, LFO Amount, Mix.
- Send/Return Insert for external processing of BBD signals.
- A second output configurable via DIP switches for different types of stereo outputs.
- A Spillover mode allows for creation of interesting drones and other feedback effects.
- Control of Delay Time, Mix and Feedback in Chorus setting for extreme chorus effects.
- Bi-polar feedback design creates Flanging effects w/ even or odd harmonic emphasis.
- Wide-ranging LFO Rate for very slow to audio rate modulation.
- Input/Output Level controls for use w/ wide range of devices.
The Cluster Flux FM-108M will be available in Q3 2011 for $599 USD.
More information: Moog
Xfer Records has announced LFOTool, an FX utility plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It empowers music producers to create tremolo, auto-pan, trance-gate, side-chain compressor simulation, and dubstep-type wobble effects with minimal effort.
LFOTool will process incoming audio as well as generate a MIDI message stream for controlling other instruments. This unique plug-in also allows users to sculpt custom LFO curves and shapes and comes equipped with dozens of presets to achieve desired results quickly.
Consistent with other products in Xfer Records’ software lineup, LFOTool is coded entirely in C++ in order to minimize the CPU load during operation.
Xfer Records LFO Tool
LFOTool for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) will be available to purchase on March 22nd, priced at $24.95 USD.
Note: You can get LFOTool for *free* by purchasing the Xfer Records release “Steve Duda – Fish EP” out March 22nd on Beatport.
More information: Xfer Records / LFO Tool
Little Endian has released version 2.2 of SpectrumWorx, a sound mangler effect for Windows and Mac.
This version brings the much awaited “tempo-synchronized LFOs” feature and more presets, totaling 145. Both OS versions have been updated with stability and performance improvements.
SpectrumWorx v2.2 features
- 100% frequency domain operation.
- Modular design with five module slots.
- Over fifty modules to choose from (harmonizer, pitch shifter, classic vocoder, wah-wah, whisperer, wobbler, autotune, reverser, merger, etc.).
- Sophisticated “time-to-frequency domain” engine optimized for low CPU usage.
- Flexible Preset browser with comment field.
- Shipped with 145 presets.
- Free or tempo-synchronised LFOs.
- External audio input for inter-sample effects.
- Slick and user-friendly GUI.
- Detailed User’s Guide.
SpectrumWorx for PC and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for $119 USD for a single platform license, and $149 USD for a license for both Windows and Mac.
More information: Little Endian
Design the Media has released version 1.5 of LFO everything, a Max for Live device.
Designed by Julien Bayle, this max for live device offers you to LFO every parameters in your liveset. ENJOY !
LFO everything 1.5 Max for Live device
LFO everything v1.5 features
- Updates free for all buyers.
- Tempo synced or not.
- Waveforms drawable.
- Easy to use & user-friendly.
- Control LFO by LFOs by LFOs…
LFO everything is available to purchase for 8 EUR.
More information: Design the Media / LFO everything
Nocturne Bass has released version 1.2 of Nocturne Bass, an LFO controlled virtual bass synthesizer made for techno, minimal, drum n’ bass, grime and dubstep wobble bass.
New LFO wavedraw display lets you easily edit generated waveforms or draw new waveforms from scratch. This update also includes minor improvements to the filter, unison, sub-oscillator, synchronizing and readout graphics.
Changes in Nocturne Bass v1.2
- New LFO waveform draw display.
- Fixed sub-oscillator was drifting when switched on/off while playing.
- Improved polyphonic LFO synchronization. Now keeps sync on tempo changes and when skipping in a song.
- Improved unison.
- Improved text graphics and readouts.
Nocturne Bass for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 25 EUR.
More information: MoDSP / Nocturne Bass