OverTone DSP has released the PTC-2A, an equalizer effect plug-in for Windows.
Inspired by the classic Pultec EQs and modelled using measured data and schematics from real hardware, using algorithms originally developed for the linuxDSP PEQ-2A, the PTC-2A is an affordable emulation of one of the most sought-after vintage EQs, for Windows XP / 7 Digital Audio Workstations.
PTC-2A Pultec inspired program equalizer
- Separate LF Boost and Attenuate Controls — Simultaneous low frequency boost and cut, emulating the classic Pultec ‘Low-end trick’.
- Physical Control Weighting — Replicates the ‘feel’ as well as the look of high quality rotary controls.
- Passive Filters — 6dB / Octave passive filter emulation maintains the smooth frequency response and desirable control interaction of the original vintage designs.
- Transformer-coupled gain stage — Similar to the original Pultec EQs, the passive filters are followed by a transformer-coupled tube amplifier stage which further enhances the vintage qualities.
- De-cramped Mid-Range Filter — Innovative DSP technology models the behaviour of an analogue peak filter more closely than conventional digital algorithms, even at low sample rates.
The PTC-2A for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for £39.95 GBP.
More information: OverTone DSP / PTC-2A
linuxDSP has announced the addition of the SR-2B stereo reverb plugin to the OverTone range of Windows VST plug-ins.
The SR-2B is an algorithmic reverb designed to be economical with CPU, without compromising the processing quality.
It features an interpolated sub-sample pre-delay, together with fully adjustable stereo width, reverb size and HF damping controls.
linuxDSP SR-2B reverb plug-in
- Interpolated Pre-Delay – Smoothly adjustable pre-delay control with sub-sample resolution.
- Stereo Width Control – Full adjustment of the stereo image.
- Adjustable Damping – Variable damping frequency simulates different reverb spaces.
- Switchable “Wet” Output – Switch off the unprocessed signal for easy integration with a separate reverb buss in a DAW.
- Proven High Quality DSP – Built on the same DSP algorithms as the popular linuxDSP SR-2A reverb.
- Universal GUI – Unlike many other free LV2 plugins, the GUI works equally well in a Qt host application e.g. Qtractor as it does in a GTK host e.g. Ardour.
SR-2B for Windows (VST) is available for download in demo mode, an activation key costs £10 GBP (includes Linux version).
More information: linuxDSP / Overtone
linuxDSP has announced the release a Windows VST version of CH-EQ2B, a parametric equalizer effect plugin.
linuxDSP has gained a proven reputation for producing professional quality plugins for the linux audio platform. The new linuxDSP OverTone range of plugins are ports of selected plugins to Windows XP / 7 and other operating systems. The first of these is the CH-EQ2B Channel / Master parametric EQ.
The CH-EQ2B uses innovative DSP technology to provide filters with an analogue style frequency response without resorting to CPU intensive upsampling.
CH-EQ2B is available to purchase for £20 GBP. The activation key will also be valid for the linux versions of the plugin.
More information: LinuxDSP / CH-EQ2B