Livelab.dk has released version 1.50 of LiveSlice, a beat slicer that can do much more than just slice your beats and export the results.
You can load up to 64 wave files at a time, slice them up and combine the slices in the multitrack arranger.
Each slice is coloured based on the content so you can easily tell them apart – this makes manual rearranging a lot faster, and more inspirational, since you are working with direct representations of the audio and not just abstract midi notes. If you find arranging beats in a piano roll / drum map a bit awkward at times, LiveSlice will definately change the way you make music.
Changes in LiveSlice v1.50
- Audio and midi export.
- Drag’n’drop loading of files.
- MP3 and AIF import.
- You can now load multiple files at once.
- Load many one shot samples to the same loop slot.
- Keyboard shortcuts in the file manager.
- Added an option to speed up loading of files at the expense of less detailed graphical representation.
- Updated user interface backend (better performance).
- Improved scrolling in the file browser and loops list.
- Fixed: default colors now loaded.
- Fixed: minor bug with pasting events.
- Fixed: the “clear” command now properly resets all parameters.
- Fixed: clipping during 24 bit export.
LiveSlice is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC for 49.95 EUR. The upcoming version 1.51 will include an OSX version (currently in beta) and editable loop points for stretching.
Visit Livelab.dk for more information.
Livelab.dk has released version 1.47 of LiveSlice, an advanced beat slicer instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
Changes in LiveSlice v1.47
- REX import.
- Resizable file browser.
- Faster GUI and a new “lofo GUI” for smooth operation on older machines.
- Improved waveform display: visualizes both the average and the loudest frequency so there’s a visual difference between a bassdrum with or without hihat – even when the hihat is quiet.
- More midi automation options: slicing and recording can now be controlled by midi (for example: hit a midi-key to record, use mod-wheel to auto slice the recording).
- Time signature support, durations in bars + beats in both slicer and arranger.
- clicking the “play” button now results in a monophonic preview mode (play one arrangement at a time, select the currently playing arrangement with the mouse).
- Loops list no longer auto-scrolls on click.
- Removed the “clear event” feature (there’s no need to have empty events in an arrangement).
- Middle mouse now deletes events if no parameter is selected, and resets parameters if a parameter is selected.
- New option to reset event parameters by clicking and dragging with middle mouse button down.
- Various bug fixes.
LiveSlice is available for 49.95 EUR.
Visit Livelab.dk for more information and a link to download a demo version of LiveSlice.
Livelab.dk has updated its beat slicer LiveSlice to version 1.45.
Main changes in v1.45
- Time stretching
- Loop cropping
- MIDI learn
- VST 2.4 compliant
- Volume envelope improvements and enhancements
- Several GUI optimizations
- Lots of bugfixes
LiveSlice is available for Windows and costs 49.95 euro ($64 US)
Visit Livelab.dk for more information and a link to download the LiveSlice demo or mp3s.
Livelab.dk has a new freebie out.
Touchpad 2 Midi is a free VST plugin for Windows that allows you to use the touchpad on your laptop as a midi controller.
The touchpad can be configured as an XY pad, 4 sliders or 4 buttons.
At the moment only Synaptics touchpads are supported but support for USB touchpads is planned.
Touchpad2Midi works as a MIDI plugin in these hosts:
- Energy XT
- Plogue Bidule
- Jeskola Buzz
use Polac wrapper, connect to master, use right click menu to route midi
load in instrument list – shows as midi input device
works on one track only, consider standalone
Standalone operation required with Ableton Live and Renoise.
Visit Livelab.dk for more information and a link to download Touchpad 2 Midi (Manual included).
LiveLab.dk has released LiveSlice v1.3, a beat slicer for Windows.
New in v1.3
- Live input recording – record loops from your tracks for instant liveslicing of any sequenced materia, or use LiveSlice as an effect
- Drag’n’Drop slices to tracks
- Preview slices in the arranger
- Midi through
- Loops can now be renamed and saved with a different filename
- When a loop is not found on disk (ie a new recording) it is automatically saved with the song
- New feature: stretch – automatically pitches all events to make the duration match the project tempo
- Manual sync will now override host sync information (workaround for hosts that provide incorrect sync info)
- Zoom / Pan is now activated on double click
- Clicking middle mouse button on a parameter will reset (before it would clear the event underneath)
- Manual updated
- fixed a bug in the file browser that could lead to crashes
- fixed problem with some controls not responding when running multiple instances of LiveSlice
Visit LiveLab.dk for more information.
LiveSlice is a beat slicer (VSTi for windows only, OSX version is planned) that can do much more than just slice beats. You can load up to 64 wave files at a time, slice them up and combine the slices in the multitrack arranger.
With up to 256 slice on each loop liveslice is as much a granular synthesizer as a beat slicer. As you can also sequence notes you can do simple melodic arrangements too (bases and arps).
LiveSlice is available as a VSTi for windows only. An OSX version is planned.
new in v1.2
- Clear button to clear arrangements and / or loops
- trigger individual slices from arranger tracks – this means you can use all the parameters when midi triggering
- configurable maximum attack and release times (up to 1 second)
- Zoom by dragging in the slicer (hold down both mouse buttons)
- When a file has been loaded, it is deselected in the browser so it can be reloaded
- When you load only slices, the fileName is not changed
- event durations visualized properly in the gui, when attack and release times are changed
- track parameters are now redrawn properly on midi control changes
- midi note off messages handled incorrectly in controllers – fixed
- fixed problem with triggering and quantizing empty tracks
- other fixes to secure even greater stability and compatibility
A demo and manual are available for download. Check the Livelab.dk site for more information.
LiveSlice version 1.1 is a major update with tons of new features and important bugfixes. It now comes with two new banks which can be used both in the demo and full version.
Livelab.dk offers a reduced introduction price of 39.95 euro which is valid until 20 November 2005.
- horizontal zoom in slicer
- save slices and tempo info as acidized loop (saves directly in the wave file)
- mousewheel support in all hosts
- mousewheel can now be used on sliders and menus too
- grid in arranger – so you can find your way
- bpm detection and acid import improved
- faster audio import and improved coloring
- middle mouse support (works as CTRL+RMB, that is: delete)
- arranger workflow improvements
- octave numbering system is adapted to the host labeling convention
- (the note C1 in Cubase is called C3 in Fruity loops and C0 in Tracktion1.6)
- deleted slices in first track was reinserted on reload.
- right click “clear button” bug fixed
- crash with loading some invalid wave-files fixed
- bug when opening the same .fxb bank multiple times fixed
- tracks were not being properly deleted – fixed
- manually inserted slices could not be triggered individually
- midi slice triggering bug fixed
- changing the size of the arranger was disabled
- other minor bugfixes
Visit the Livelab.dk site for more information and a demo.
LiveSlice is a beat slicer and arranger intended to be played live – like an instrument.
Everything can be controlled by MIDI, fine tuned in the GUI and seamlessly integrated in your midi sequencer – all in one creative workflow.
- automatic or manual slicing
- Multitrack sequencer with snap / quantize
- Host sync
- Integrated loop browser with preview
- full MIDI control
- up to 32 tracks, 64 loops, 256 slices
- resizable gui
- up to 8 outputs with individual slice routing
- integrated loop browser with preview
- loads all uncompressed .wav formats
- supports any sample rate
Visit the Livelab.dk website for more information and a demo.