LiveSlice is a beat slicer (VSTi for windows only, OSX version is planned) that can do much more than just slice beats. You can load up to 64 wave files at a time, slice them up and combine the slices in the multitrack arranger.
With up to 256 slice on each loop liveslice is as much a granular synthesizer as a beat slicer. As you can also sequence notes you can do simple melodic arrangements too (bases and arps).
LiveSlice is available as a VSTi for windows only. An OSX version is planned.
new in v1.2
- Clear button to clear arrangements and / or loops
- trigger individual slices from arranger tracks – this means you can use all the parameters when midi triggering
- configurable maximum attack and release times (up to 1 second)
- Zoom by dragging in the slicer (hold down both mouse buttons)
- When a file has been loaded, it is deselected in the browser so it can be reloaded
- When you load only slices, the fileName is not changed
- event durations visualized properly in the gui, when attack and release times are changed
- track parameters are now redrawn properly on midi control changes
- midi note off messages handled incorrectly in controllers – fixed
- fixed problem with triggering and quantizing empty tracks
- other fixes to secure even greater stability and compatibility
A demo and manual are available for download. Check the Livelab.dk site for more information.
LiveSlice version 1.1 is a major update with tons of new features and important bugfixes. It now comes with two new banks which can be used both in the demo and full version.
Livelab.dk offers a reduced introduction price of 39.95 euro which is valid until 20 November 2005.
- horizontal zoom in slicer
- save slices and tempo info as acidized loop (saves directly in the wave file)
- mousewheel support in all hosts
- mousewheel can now be used on sliders and menus too
- grid in arranger – so you can find your way
- bpm detection and acid import improved
- faster audio import and improved coloring
- middle mouse support (works as CTRL+RMB, that is: delete)
- arranger workflow improvements
- octave numbering system is adapted to the host labeling convention
- (the note C1 in Cubase is called C3 in Fruity loops and C0 in Tracktion1.6)
- deleted slices in first track was reinserted on reload.
- right click “clear button” bug fixed
- crash with loading some invalid wave-files fixed
- bug when opening the same .fxb bank multiple times fixed
- tracks were not being properly deleted – fixed
- manually inserted slices could not be triggered individually
- midi slice triggering bug fixed
- changing the size of the arranger was disabled
- other minor bugfixes
Visit the Livelab.dk site for more information and a demo.
LiveSlice is a beat slicer and arranger intended to be played live – like an instrument.
Everything can be controlled by MIDI, fine tuned in the GUI and seamlessly integrated in your midi sequencer – all in one creative workflow.
- automatic or manual slicing
- Multitrack sequencer with snap / quantize
- Host sync
- Integrated loop browser with preview
- full MIDI control
- up to 32 tracks, 64 loops, 256 slices
- resizable gui
- up to 8 outputs with individual slice routing
- integrated loop browser with preview
- loads all uncompressed .wav formats
- supports any sample rate
Visit the Livelab.dk website for more information and a demo.